No Titleist torque wrench included anymore?

Ok, so I haven't been on here in a very long time, but I had to share this and see if this is what is happening with everyone else.  I custom ordered a Titleist TSI 2 driver and received it to spec.  There was no torque wrench included so no big deal, it must have been a mistake and I'll call them.  I did and the customer service lady told me that the decision was made to not include a torque wrench with any purchased for the current run of new metal woods.  Are you kidding me??? A $550 driver (not including tax) doesn't come with a torque wrench like it does with all of the other manufacturers???  I get that probably all fitters and even past purchasers of Titleist woods already have one, but come on Titleist.  If this is true and what's happening to everyone purchasing a new Titleist driver for the first time, this may very well be the cheapest thing I've heard of that I can remember.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSI2 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Callaway Apex Hybrids
Titleist T200 5-GW
Titleist Vokey SM7 54 and 58 Degree Wedges
Ping Vault Oslo Putter
Titleist ProV1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last week at my club I saw a guy put his bag on the cart, proceeded to take off all the wood headcovers and put them in the trunk, then drove off. I should have found out his name so I could avoid tha

I bet I have 27 of those things.  Anybody need one pm me your address.   Holy crow. There’s billions of those things in circulation now. Andy they don’t wear out.  If your like me only time I use it i

Maybe I'm just too up tight about my clubs, but it sends a shiver down my spine to think or see woods and putters with no headcovers. 

I have always assumed that all torque wrenches from manufacturer to manufacturer are the same functionally.  Does anyone know if this is true?  

To the OP, yes for that price is seems a bit stingy, that being said I think I own 4 or 5 of them and it wouldn't bother me that much.  

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Wouldn't it be nice if the OEMs provided the recommended torque value for their adjustable clubs?  Probably not in their best interests, but if they all go down the path Titleist has chosen there will be significant bad feelings generated about their products.  Could this decision by Titleist plus not providing the torque value justify a lawsuit?  Not my area so no clue.

It’s already been discussed in detail in the TSi thread. 

Your dealer has the option of including it or not on the order when it’s placed. 

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

7 minutes ago, Twism86 said:

Or sell them on eBay to people like me who tend to lose headcovers all the time! 🤣

Serious question how do you lose a head cover? Take it off set it down, hit the ball, put it back on and club in the bag. 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Evenflow Black 75g 6.0 | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 4-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Lajsoi DD201 Longneck | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

1 minute ago, DaltonSTL said:

Serious question how do you lose a head cover? Take it off set it down, hit the ball, put it back on and club in the bag. 

Skipping step #3 is a good way. I dont keep my headcovers on when in a cart sometimes and on a smooth course, so they have fallen out. I also haphazardly toss them when I take them off so I may leave it behind if its not right in front of my face. Ive also lost one right in front of a clubhouse that someone pocketed. 

5 minutes ago, Twism86 said:

Skipping step #3 is a good way. I dont keep my headcovers on when in a cart sometimes and on a smooth course, so they have fallen out. I also haphazardly toss them when I take them off so I may leave it behind if its not right in front of my face. Ive also lost one right in front of a clubhouse that someone pocketed. 

Maybe I'm just too up tight about my clubs, but it sends a shiver down my spine to think or see woods and putters with no headcovers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Evenflow Black 75g 6.0 | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 4-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Lajsoi DD201 Longneck | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

Just now, DaltonSTL said:

Your clubs are probably a lot nicer than mine! I did get a new M6 driver, so that bad boy will stay covered. My Top Flite 3w (which I actually hit pretty well so I wont replace) can go naked sometimes. 

38 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

It’s already been discussed in detail in the TSi thread. 

Your dealer has the option of including it or not on the order when it’s placed. 

Yes, it was covered at length in that thread but I don't recall reading that the dealer was the one who "included" it or not.

I do remember reading that some guys got it and some didn't with most of the more current posts saying they DID get it (and maybe Titleist was hearing about it :classic_biggrin:).

Ridiculous that it's not included.

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

36 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I bet I have 27 of those things.  Anybody need one pm me your address.   Holy crow. There’s billions of those things in circulation now. Andy they don’t wear out.  If your like me only time I use it is in shaft testing.  Which is every couple years. 

I actually broke one of my many torque wrenches a few years ago. The plastic that holds the torquey-bit (technical term) broke so it would spin in place instead of clicking.

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Tool should be included its almost 2021... btw in my opinion we are not all as high techy as they thought we would be in the movies... woopdie doo we have a phone thats a mini pc... and a car that can drive itself that likes to crash... a xbox that still looks the same since 15 yrs which i dont think it can advance much more beyond what the series x is now... clubs that are maxed out... a virus we cant figure out what to do with... failing buisness small and big that leave abandoned lots and buildings... same ol same ol govermental issues... no real new great world advancements... just be content with social media and celeb news... umm ok. I think we maxed out... thats my opinion. What could be next? Sit us in a chair, put a head set on and live virtual reality life? No thanks... ok thats the end of my world rant on a golf forum all because titliest cant give a driver tool!!

51 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I bet I have 27 of those thingsI.  Anybody need one pm me your address.   Holy crow. There’s billions of those things in circulation now. Andy they don’t wear out.  If your like me only time I use it is in shaft testing.  Which is every couple years. 

I will say a prayer for your soul. smiley-eatdrink013.gif.c7413f121d35776cc

• Thanks 1

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

8 minutes ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

Tool should be included its almost 2021... btw in my opinion we are not all as high techy as they thought we would be in the movies... woopdie doo we have a phone thats a mini pc... and a car that can drive itself that likes to crash... a xbox that still looks the same since 15 yrs which i dont think it can advance much more beyond what the series x is now... clubs that are maxed out... a virus we cant figure out what to do with... failing buisness small and big that leave abandoned lots and buildings... same ol same ol govermental issues... no real new great world advancements... just be content with social media and celeb news... umm ok. I think we maxed out... thats my opinion. What could be next? Sit us in a chair, put a head set on and live virtual reality life? No thanks... ok thats the end of my world rant on a golf forum all because titliest cant give a driver tool!!

I agree but it happened around 1999.   After that was the start downhill.  Lol. 

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Tensie CK blue 80TX 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Yes, it was covered at length in that thread but I don't recall reading that the dealer was the one who "included" it or not.

I do remember reading that some guys got it and some didn't with most of the more current posts saying they DID get it (and maybe Titleist was hearing about it :classic_biggrin:).

Ridiculous that it's not included.

It was mentioned somewhere in the middle of the comments that it had to be requested.  I ordered two custom drivers for customers.  One wanted it, the other said, no he didn't he had a bag full of them.   It's something new, so I can see why some might be a bit taken back by it.   I would suspect by a year from now it might be common practice for all companies. 

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

I have to agree with most replies, I have 5 or 6 of them I would be happy to throw away.  BTW, new iPhone 12's don't ship with a charging brick any longer either and they are $1000 so manufacturers are simply getting smarter.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST Tensei Orange S

T100S 5-PW Project X LZ
TS2 F 15 Tensei Blue S
Ping 410 19 Hybrid Tensei Blue S
Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58
Scotty Select Newport 1.5[/font]

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I bet I have 27 of those things.  Anybody need one pm me your address.   Holy crow. There’s billions of those things in circulation now. Andy they don’t wear out.  If your like me only time I use it is in shaft testing.  Which is every couple years. 

My favorite one, the titleist wrench from my 913 finally broke this year. I dropped it in the garage 

7 hours ago, dlygrisse said:

I have always assumed that all torque wrenches from manufacturer to manufacturer are the same functionally.  Does anyone know if this is true?  

To the OP, yes for that price is seems a bit stingy, that being said I think I own 4 or 5 of them and it wouldn't bother me that much.  

I remember reading a post on this site a month or so ago that said most wrenches are the same, but not all. IIRC, Cobra and perhaps Srixon wrenches cannot be used on other OEMs' heads.

In the interests of science (SCIENCE!), I just checked to see which OEMs' wrenches I have, and whether they would fit in my PING driver. Besides the PING wrench, I've a Titleist and a TM wrench, and both fit into the PING screw.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I remember reading a post on this site a month or so ago that said most wrenches are the same, but not all. IIRC, Cobra and perhaps Srixon wrenches cannot be used on other OEMs' heads.

In the interests of science (SCIENCE!), I just checked to see which OEMs' wrenches I have, and whether they would fit in my PING driver. Besides the PING wrench, I've a Titleist and a TM wrench, and both fit into the PING screw.

I have Ping, Titleist and Callaway and they all have the same screw.  Was curious if the torque was the same.  

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

3 hours ago, funati said:

I have to agree with most replies, I have 5 or 6 of them I would be happy to throw away.  BTW, new iPhone 12's don't ship with a charging brick any longer either and they are $1000 so manufacturers are simply getting smarter.

I have a ton of usb receptacles in the house. The wall warts are too annoying.

1 hour ago, dlygrisse said:

I have Ping, Titleist and Callaway and they all have the same screw.  Was curious if the torque was the same.  

Unfortunately, that's the part I'm unwilling to experiment on. I knackered my Ping driver up using the Ping wrench, and I don't want to risk doing it again with a different wrench. This article suggests they all have about the same torque (and says the Cobra wrench tip is the same as the others, for the record).

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2016/12/21/can-you-use-any-golf-driver-wrench-adjustable-driver-fairway-wood-101859/

13 hours ago, funati said:

I'm glad they stopped including earbuds that I wouldn't use. Not so sure about not getting a power brick though.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex

Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06