2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

JT says Charlie talks smack like Tiger

FakeClubPro

6 hours ago, widow-maker said:

How does JT relating how he and Charlie chop it up on the golf course end up with people dissing the kid.  The kid didn't run to the Press with it.  JT did.  And it's not like something fun between them didn't involve JT being fully involved in it.  Something that grew organically between them somehow turns into the kid has no respect?  That he should prove himself before having fun with what has obviously become a family friend to him?  Some of you have gone crackers.

If you’re calllin Justin Thomas, 

“the dude who can’t putt”

After his Masters round

Thats a check you better be able to cash.

And not with,

”Oh yeah, well my dad is Tiger”

; )

9 hours ago, widow-maker said:

How does JT relating how he and Charlie chop it up on the golf course end up with people dissing the kid.  The kid didn't run to the Press with it.  JT did.  And it's not like something fun between them didn't involve JT being fully involved in it.  Something that grew organically between them somehow turns into the kid has no respect?  That he should prove himself before having fun with what has obviously become a family friend to him?  Some of you have gone crackers.

They have. And not just now. The basic instinct of some here are nothing but trolls that have to hunt for something to criticize an 11 year old child to make themselves feel better about their own sad selves.

Would love to see what they were like at 11 years old. Guess it wouldn't be much different as they present themselves now while posting here 24/7/365. Some people always have to use a verbal blade to make themselves feel more important than others. Sad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grm24 said:

They have. And not just now. The basic instinct of some here are nothing but trolls that have to hunt for something to criticize an 11 year old child to make themselves feel better about their own sad selves.

Would love to see what they were like at 11 years old. Guess it wouldn't be much different as they present themselves now while posting here 24/7/365. Some people always have to use a verbal blade to make themselves feel more important than others. Sad.

I realize  it’s a completely different time now, but in answer to your question (and maybe I’m not in the group it was directed to since I haven’t said anything about the young man), at 11 years old I never would have said anything remotely similar to an adult. Even an adult who is a friend of my father and possibly I know very well. 

I think it’s probably another one of those generational things and many of the posters who are coming down on the young man are likely of an older generation. Just a difference in how people are brought up. There still is some of the “respect your elders” thought process around. But kids today aren’t under that guideline. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, just how it seems to me, and possibly explains some of the reactions here. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grm24 said:

I be like,

D1CF34B7-56B4-4B48-B496-1319B57739E8.jpeg

On 12/2/2020 at 7:27 AM, bscinstnct said:

I almost got in a fight at the butcher because of mask 😷 !

I was on line waitin to buy some veal cutlets and this guy was in front of me but I couldn’t tell if he was waiting to place an order with the butcher or just looking at all the nice octopus salad and cheeses in the fridge across the aisle.

So I says, “Excuse me, are your waiting for the butcher?”

So he says, “Yeah, I’m waiting”

But with the masks I couldn’t understand him and thought he said he’s not waiting.

So I says, “Oh, you’re not waiting?”

So he says in Brooklynese, “Iyyyyam waitin! What ya think I’m doin here?!”

So I says,”Alright! Relax, I can’t understand you with the mask!”

Then we do a little stare down. Place got quiet. I sized him up....I would have dropped him like a bag of dirt. But, I could tell he’s been in the neighborhood a long time and the butcher might take his side. Then I could be banned and no more veal cutlets!

So I says, “Yeah, these masks, make it impossible to understand anything”

And he says, “Yeah”

And we de-escalate and he gets his order and says, “ goodbye” and I get my cutlets ; )

Dude.   I get a kick out of many of your posts but this one for some reason takes the cake.  Bravo!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, widow-maker said:

“And it's not like something fun between them didn't involve JT being fully involved in it”

Yeah, JT definitely thinks it’s “fun”

Look, he’s says “fun” himself...twice ; )

Thomas joked. “It will be fun. We’ll have that like inner tournament within a tournament, trying to shut his little mouth up, but it will be fun.”

Edited by bscinstnct

Much rather see a competitive 11 year old who is driven and knows how to have fun than a little Cheeto fingered chunker who claims a grass allergy so they can play on their ipad all day. Guess which one wants a trophy for existing? One of those kids will grow up to be a winner and work hard at whatever profession they choose, The other will live in their parents basement until their 45 and their mom will drive them to job interviews and complain to managers for them. Needless to say, I'll take the trash talking 11 year old.

27 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Much rather see a competitive 11 year old who is driven and knows how to have fun than a little Cheeto fingered chunker who claims a grass allergy so they can play on their ipad all day. Guess which one wants a trophy for existing? One of those kids will grow up to be a winner and work hard at whatever profession they choose, The other will live in their parents basement until their 45 and their mom will drive them to job interviews and complain to managers for them. Needless to say, I'll take the trash talking 11 year old.

9F040711-417B-4469-AF4B-8E5BCDD75718.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, m d g said:

Maybe the kid should keep his mouth shut until he actually accomplishes something that isn't made possible by his father having more money than God.

A little bit of humility goes a long way...

What have you accomplished, maybe you should keep your mouth shut.  By that logic since you don't have a Pulitzer prize I suggest you quit posting on the internet, you are a unaccomplished trash talker, that's all....

See how this works?  

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

On 12/1/2020 at 11:10 PM, cardoustie said:

Tiger has only recently become a smack talker

I had to google that smack up since I am not americano but when Tiger said Not bad for Inferior Equipment wasnt that something along the smack line? And also when he acknowledged Poulter as world no 2.

Edited by Hankshank

19 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

If you’re calllin Justin Thomas, 

“the dude who can’t putt”

After his Masters round

Thats a check you better be able to cash.

And not with,

”Oh yeah, well my dad is Tiger”

; )

It's banter that they've developed between them.  I'm sure JT gives it right back to him.  Why are you taking it like it's serious?  Are there stories of Charlie going up to members at the club and just talking to trash to them?  No.  You say things within your own foursomes, with your own group of friends, that you don't say to just anybody else.  Because you're having fun.  This has been taken so far out of context that I'm sure JT wishes he'd never said anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, widow-maker said:

It's banter that they've developed between them.  I'm sure JT gives it right back to him.  Why are you taking it like it's serious?  Are there stories of Charlie going up to members at the club and just talking to trash to them?  No.  You say things within your own foursomes, with your own group of friends, that you don't say to just anybody else.  Because you're having fun.  This has been taken so far out of context that I'm sure JT wishes he'd never said anything. 

w-m, Maybe you’re right(and it wouldn’t be the first time Im wrong ; )

Here is the context:

At the 2019 Masters, JT was sitting at -9 after 13 holes on Sunday. Now, the winning score was -13 but you know JT was gunning as hard as he could for a win. He ended up bogeying 3 of the last five holes. That can’t feel good. 

He packs it up and heads to the clubhouse to watch TW. He goes over to the table the Woods family is at and says hello,

Charlie the 11 year old says,

”Hey look, it’s the guy who can’t putt”

So, maybe this is just normal behavior that I just don’t get ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

3 pages of outrage at a kid giving grief to a family friend he's known forever. Good job, internet.

Yes, but also some good mask 😷 tips ; )

We bored. There no golf now. 

Oh wait, Mayacoba Classic. Check out that thread, it’s jumpin 😂

Edited by bscinstnct

1 hour ago, USCHawks31 said:

A bunch of cantankerous old men in here who are taking this way too seriously.  No reason for any of you to get more worked up than JT was.  May you all be blessed with a friendship someday that is strong enough to survive a bit of friendly s*** talk.

Til then

I have golfwrx!

But yeah, it’s great to see JT is friends with an 11 year old who can mock him with “friendly” talk just after JT was sitting 2 or 3 shots back and then bogeyed 3 out of the last 5 holes on Sunday at the Masters. 

If TW had bogeyed 3 of 5 coming in that Sunday, I’ll just bet he’d be thrilled if his friends 11 year old said,

“look, it’s the guy who can’t putt”

And I’m sure that all of us here would get a great belly laugh if we bogeyed 3 of 5 coming in and blew our chance to set a personal best (bogey free round, break 80 etc.) and our blessed friend said,

”here’s to the guy who can’t putt”

Maybe it’s a good thing I have no blessed friends 😂

Now, excuse me, I need to go yell at people in the supermarket for taking milk thats in the back of the fridge so the expiration date is longer. 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, dlygrisse said:

What have you accomplished

A whole lot more than Charlie : ) 

By your logic, only Al Gore should be allowed to use the internet...

This is all conjecture and B.S. anyway. Why so hostile? Why so defensive? Are you secretly Tiger?

Oh, I have also accomplished the proper use of a question mark.

14 minutes ago, m d g said:

This is all conjecture and B.S. anyway. Why so hostile? Why so defensive? Are you secretly Tiger?

True, but here we have guys trash talking an 11 year old that they do not know at all....for trash talking a player, and friend apparently, that he does know well.. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

47 minutes ago, m d g said:

Yeah, you got me, I am Tiger effing Woods. My guess is you are an awful lot like Al Gore.  Thanks for projecting you hostility on me though. I gotta say, from what little I know I’d guess I’d have a better time playing golf with Charlie than you. 

Edited by dlygrisse

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

For what it’s worth (which is absolutely nothing), I would never have let my son say something like that to one of my friends. No matter how well he knows him. Just like I wouldn’t have been allowed to say it either at that age. Simply the way I was raised and the way it was at that time. 

Now, theirs is a different dynamic and it’s probably perfectly acceptable to them. Obviously it must be since JT brought it up and it didn’t seem to bother him at all. The thing that kind of surprises me is I’m sure Earl was pretty strict with Tiger growing up, I would have thought he might have leaned more towards the “respect your elders” school of thought from the earlier generations. Especially with the military background. 

I would be taken aback a bit if an 11 year old said something like that to me. Yes, I’m old, cantankerous (I like that term someone used earlier), and definitely a “get off my lawn” guy (fortunately I don’t have a lawn anymore)!😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

For what it’s worth (which is absolutely nothing), I would never have let my son say something like that to one of my friends. No matter how well he knows him. Just like I wouldn’t have been allowed to say it either at that age. Simply the way I was raised and the way it was at that time. 

Now, theirs is a different dynamic and it’s probably perfectly acceptable to them. Obviously it must be since JT brought it up and it didn’t seem to bother him at all. The thing that kind of surprises me is I’m sure Earl was pretty strict with Tiger growing up, I would have thought he might have leaned more towards the “respect your elders” school of thought from the earlier generations. Especially with the military background. 

I would be taken aback a bit if an 11 year old said something like that to me. Yes, I’m old, cantankerous (I like that term someone used earlier), and definitely a “get off my lawn” guy (fortunately I don’t have a lawn anymore)!😀

Look at it this way....Charlie is closer in age to JT than Tiger is. So JT is not just Tiger’s golf buddy he is also Charlie’s golf buddy.  I have golf buddies 15 years older, and many 20+ years younger, and would not give a second thought to trash talking them or getting trash talk from them. 
It is one thing to respect your elders...it is another thing to enjoy the camaraderie of fellow golfers on the course, of any age.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Look at it this way....Charlie is closer in age to JT than Tiger is. So JT is not just Tiger’s golf buddy he is also Charlie’s golf buddy.  I have golf buddies 15 years older, and many 20+ years younger, and would not give a second thought to trash talking them or getting trash talk from them. 
It is one thing to respect your elders...it is another thing to enjoy the camaraderie of fellow golfers on the course, of any age.

I’m sorry but I just don’t believe that comparison works. There is a HUGE difference from 11-25 (or whatever age JT is) than the twenty or so years difference between JT and Tiger. It’s not even close. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bashing on Charlie becasue I don’t feel it’s any of my business, just trying to explain why some might find it  a bit off putting. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I’m sorry but I just don’t believe that comparison works. There is a HUGE difference from 11-25 (or whatever age JT is) than the twenty or so years difference between JT and Tiger. It’s not even close. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bashing on Charlie becasue I don’t feel it’s any of my business, just trying to explain why some might find it  a bit off putting. 

It is funny, I almost added buddies kids are included in the trash talk. They may be college age but I am 63 so, at least in my opinion, the comparison to Charlie/JT is valid. On the golf course there are no ages and trash talk is allowed.  In my opinion.

40 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Dss, I see nobody is addressing my post with respect to the context (JT blowing a possible Masters on the back 9 on Sunday) that CW made the comments right after, in the clubhouse, in front of a bunch of people.

This tells me that nobody is defending the comments made in that situation but still trying to play it off.

I’m in sync with you and was raised the same way. A comment like that would have earned a bunch of silent stares from the adults.

Im not judging as much as observing. Same thing when you see kids who act crazy in restaurants. You don’t know enough to be judgmental but it’s very different from what you know. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Dss, I see nobody is addressing my post with respect to the context (JT blowing a possible Masters on the back 9 on Sunday) that CW made the comments right after, in the clubhouse, in front of a bunch of people.

This tells me that nobody is defending the comments made in that situation but still trying to play it off.

I’m in sync with you and was raised the same way. A comment like that would have earned a bunch of silent stares from the adults.

Im not judging as much as observing. Same thing when you see kids who act crazy in restaurants. You don’t know enough to be judgmental but it’s very different from what you know. 

I agree B. I guess I’m still old school enough that I feel there still are times when kids should still be kids. There will be plenty of time in the future for them to participate in the adult discussions. They don’t have to have free reign in everything. Appropriateness is still a thing. 

and I didn’t realize when and where he said it.  
That really makes in inappropriate in my eyes. 

Edited by deadsolid...shank

4 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

It is funny, I almost added buddies kids are included in the trash talk. They may be college age but I am 63 so, at least in my opinion, the comparison to Charlie/JT is valid. On the golf course there are no ages and trash talk is allowed.  In my opinion.

Again though Shilgy, huge difference in college age kids as opposed to 11 years old. But you’re correct. It’s all just opinions. And in this case, the only ones that matter are theirs.