Trying to declutter & pair down my golf equipment... do you all keep a backup set or does that defeat the purpose of decluttering lol

TheFlyingWASP

I know it's ant-wrx to even consider GETTING RID of golf equipment... I understand that... and like most of you, I too have a ridiculous list of golf clubs... besides my gamer bag, I currently have...

2 TiSi Tec drivers

G400 Max Driver

Another TS2 Driver w/ a different loft & shaft

2 2016 M2 Drivers

z565 Driver

Tisi tec 3w

Tisi tec 5w

Rogue 4w

M2 HL 3w

2 M2 hybrids

2 zH45 hybrids

2 816 H1 hybrids

g410 hybrid

2 sets of z545s

set of j40 dpc

set of AP1s

set of G700s

2 sets of Eye 2 BeCu (which are in bags at both of my offices & I'm not selling)

set of zing becu

set of isi becu

14 various vokey, ping, & Cleveland wedges

2 Becu ansers

Becu Zing 2

Becu B60

JAS Anser

Redwood Anser

Scottsdale TR Anser

Isoforce Anser

Vault 2.0 Anser

Craz E

Ketsch

Works #7

Spider Black Tour

2 Newport 2 Selects

Ringo 1/4

Futura X5r

Evnroll ER2

plus 8 various stand bags & a huge tote full of headcovers 

Honestly... this list is light compared to other times in my life... so I get it... I can make a list with the best of them... I've hung on to 2 skateboards that have sentimental value to me... same with my first guitar, my copper Eye 2s, a few putters, couple of old film cameras that I still tinker with sometimes... I never get rid of books or vinyls and I'm overflowing with both... so I'm definitely familiar with the idea of keeping stuff I dont need... but as for all these extra clubs... while some are kinda vintage & a few are a little cult classic-ish, the vast majority are just really good pieces of equipment that there is nothing wrong with, but that I will most likely never use again... I travel with my gamers... anyone that im playing golf with has their own clubs... my wife & kids all have really nice sets... so while I have looked for all sorts of reasons as to why I need to keep all this stuff... tbh... I dont... I love whats in my bag & short of swapping a putter around here or there... im pretty happy... and if I do make a change, it'll most likely be with something new down the road... so for me personally, ive decided to simplify & purge... but ask me again tomorrow & I'll have probably changed my mind lol

Edited by TheFlyingWASP
  • Like 4

Titleist TS2 Driver (10.5*) w/ Tensei AV Blue (Stiff)

Ping G410 Fairway Wood (16*) w/ Alta CB Red (Stiff)

Titleist TS2 Hybrid (19*) w/ Tensie AV Blue (Stiff)

Srixon Z585 Irons (5-PW) w/ Nippon Modus 3 105 (Stiff)

Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge (50*/11) w/ Dynamic Gold 115

Cleveland RTX Zipcord Raw Wedges (54*/10 and 58*/10) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour

Vokey SM6 Black w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour  (62*/8)

Scotty Cameron Futura X5r Putter (34”)

On 12/2/2020 at 1:16 AM, gwelfgulfer said:

I gave up on doing that as I just buy more things I want.  Currently have 5 bags and then a pile of other stuff laying around.  Helps the wife doesn't go where I have clubs stored.  But she also doesn't understand each club in a bag has a difference purpose.  I then bring up her 40 pairs of glasses if she gets pissy...

this. Except I hide 4 sets of clubs in my ski travel bag... come to think of it, wtf am I gunna do during my ski trip this year?!? I need that bag. 

1 hour ago, Mookieb10 said:

this. Except I hide 4 sets of clubs in my ski travel bag... come to think of it, wtf am I gunna do during my ski trip this year?!? I need that bag. 

I have clubs in the laundry room, my workshop, garage and cold storage room under the front porch.  My workshop is a mess, 4 sets of iron heads on the bench waiting to get re-shafted and 8 sets of shafts in bundles all over the place...

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

2 hours ago, gwelfgulfer said:

I have clubs in the laundry room, my workshop, garage and cold storage room under the front porch.  My workshop is a mess, 4 sets of iron heads on the bench waiting to get re-shafted and 8 sets of shafts in bundles all over the place...

You’re a better man than I!! But yea, I’ve taken to putting all the heads in the tool bench... in the drawers. Any other suggestions would be accepted. 

3 minutes ago, Mookieb10 said:

You’re a better man than I!! But yea, I’ve taken to putting all the heads in the tool bench... in the drawers. Any other suggestions would be accepted. 

An easy one to make drivers not as noticeable is pull the head and put it in the bag and turn the shaft upside down.  Also, having a lot of like coloured head covers allows you to just say its the one from the other bag.  But the easiest, just have so much she can't tell that you've bought more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

Just throw them in a bag.

70C4F396-453D-4046-AE26-292F21816B11.jpeg

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Can’t imagine why anyone would keep back up clubs...or bags...or buy custom headcovers for that matter.  Just stupid.  BTW, lots more hiding in other areas not pictured. Lol. @Bushwood Country Club has much more than me! 

DD142F4F-C971-4F19-8171-19EE00752199.jpeg.a53ffd6cc9e0f8aaf260a34aa509f946.jpegDD142F4F-C971-4F19-8171-19EE00752199.jpeg.a53ffd6cc9e0f8aaf260a34aa509f946.jpeg

9531ECD7-11E3-4193-B9B1-4ED3C2EFDEEE.jpeg

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

On 12/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, TheFlyingWASP said:

2 TiSi Tec drivers

G400 Max Driver

Another TS2 Driver w/ a different loft & shaft

2 2016 M2 Drivers

z565 Driver

Tisi tec 3w

Tisi tec 5w

Rogue 4w

M2 HL 3w

2 M2 hybrids

2 zH45 hybrids

2 816 H1 hybrids

g410 hybrid

2 sets of z545s

set of j40 dpc

set of AP1s

set of G700s

2 sets of Eye 2 BeCu (which are in bags at both of my offices & I'm not selling)

set of zing becu

set of isi becu

14 various vokey, ping, & Cleveland wedges

2 Becu ansers

Becu Zing 2

Becu B60

JAS Anser

Redwood Anser

Scottsdale TR Anser

Isoforce Anser

Vault 2.0 Anser

Craz E

Ketsch

Works #7

Spider Black Tour

2 Newport 2 Selects

Ringo 1/4

Futura X5r

Evnroll ER2

plus 8 various stand bags & a huge tote full of headcovers 

Ho...ho...ho...

(Holiday Pun Intended)

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

My idea of decluttering is to get rid of clubs you have no intention of ever playing again.  I have a bunch of iron sets(12), putters (40) and wedges (25) but have narrowed down my drivers, woods and hybrids to just my main set and backup set.  My rule going forward is If I buy something new, something has to go.  

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

29 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

Can’t imagine why anyone would keep back up clubs...or bags...or buy custom headcovers for that matter.  Just stupid.  BTW, lots more hiding in other areas not pictured. Lol. @Bushwood Country Club has much more than me! 

DD142F4F-C971-4F19-8171-19EE00752199.jpeg.a53ffd6cc9e0f8aaf260a34aa509f946.jpegDD142F4F-C971-4F19-8171-19EE00752199.jpeg.a53ffd6cc9e0f8aaf260a34aa509f946.jpeg

Those are all extra?? Holy crap, that’s a ton of extra clubs, Lol!! Amazing!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I sell everything I don’t game anymore. When the kids get a little older I’ll start saving clubs to pass to them though. Right now my son and daughter both have their own sets for their current size...

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

23 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Those are all extra?? Holy crap, that’s a ton of extra clubs, Lol!! Amazing!

Gamers mixed in.  About to clean it out a bit so I can start over. 😂 

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

40 minutes ago, farmer said:

I'm the guy who buys 2-3 models back, uses them and then discovers there is very little demand for old clubs.  So, I have a bunch of stuff.

Sounds exactly like me.  Having said that based on what I saw being asked for used stuff, even clubs 10 years old, there's probably going to be an opportunity to get rid of some of this stuff over winter or early next season.  I've already priced my backup bag and will put it up on kijiji about March. 

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

2 hours ago, goheels11 said:

Gamers mixed in.  About to clean it out a bit so I can start over. 😂 

Start over? Oh man, you must be single for sure, Lol! No way my wife would let me keep all those clubs and then say anything about “starting over”...she’d tell me I can start over in my new house, Lol!! 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

It took me the better part of 2 years to test many different options, some new but most older. I have settled in on one specific setup so much so, that I have 3 identical sets of everything in back-up, should something break/wear out/get stolen/etc.(Except putter of course- each of those is unique and solo).

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

4 hours ago, goheels11 said:

I counted yesterday.... I have 15 golf bags.... 15.  

• Thanks 1

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

1 hour ago, Bushwood Country Club said:

I counted yesterday.... I have 15 golf bags.... 15.  

WHAT??!! OMG, how do you end up with 15 golf bags, Lol? That must be some kind of World record right? 🤯

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Pretty good list Wasp, looks like you have had a few good years of collecting all types of things. Not sure one used to having an  array of  stuff can actually declutter oneself once and for all.  

Had a big purge this spring sold off 20 sets of irons, numerous putters, wedges etc. Was thinking I was cured of all this collecting business until I seen this post and made a list. Adding up the very conservative totals of inventory my $$$ amount was over last years total. What the ???  

Speaking of really decluttering, my wife and I were thinking of buying the house she grew up in. It's only a few miles from our existing home on 4 acres with no neighbours. It has an attached garage plus a 3 car detached garage. We spent 6 weeks decluttering it to be sold.  All in all a pretty easy task compared to the amount of decluttering we would need to do to sell the property we are in at the moment. Never mind having to add on to the 3 car garage to accommodate all the stuff iv'e collected over the years. When we were thinking hard on whether to  switch or not  the Jaw's quote "Were going to need a bigger boat" came to mind. Funny how we end up with so much extra stuff. 

Hope your purge goes better than mine did. LOL. 

• Like 1

Halleluja.

I only have One Driver..i have decluttered.....but expanded with

3 sets forged irons..but sold a 3 wood....only 2 left

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

WHAT??!! OMG, how do you end up with 15 golf bags, Lol? That must be some kind of World record right? 🤯

Search Niles hoard here on WRX.  Look in the classics section.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

16 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

Search Niles hoard here on WRX.  Look in the classics section.

Was this the post from @Ironmaster Oddities ?

35+ sets of Irons, 30+ sets of woods, a hundred drivers and 50 fairways is probably a little excessive.“

Wow, unbelievable!! I can’t imagine owning anywhere near that many clubs unless I owned a store, or had a warehouse, Lol! I’m one of those guys that hate clutter, and I actually sell every single club that I’m no longer using and upgraded from. The only time that will change is once my son gets bigger and I can pass down clubs to him, but I have no use for old clubs if I’m not gaming them personally.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 minute ago, BallerNate said:

Was this the post from @Ironmaster Oddities ?

35+ sets of Irons, 30+ sets of woods, a hundred drivers and 50 fairways is probably a little excessive.“

Wow, unbelievable!! I can’t imagine owning anywhere near that many clubs unless I owned a store, or had a warehouse, Lol! I’m one of those guys that hate clutter, and I actually sell every single club that I’m no longer using and upgraded from. The only time that will change is once my son gets bigger and I can pass down clubs to him, but I have to use for old clubs if I’m not gaming them personally.

Actually that's not the half of it.  I believe that 10000 clubs of various sorts were donated to various charities; First Tee and the like.  AS I seem to recall the details, @Ironmaster Oddities purchased 15000 clubs in an estate sale for $2500.  There was a two car garage packed floor to ceiling, front to back.  Unfortunately with all the changes here at WRX over the years the photos have been lost , but I can assure you that they would have left your jaw agape! 

At the time I believe that he estimated that the collectables in the hoard would have been worth between $25K-$40K based on eBay pricing.  I don't think that he made anywhere near that because after a while it was more a matter of getting rid of the clubs because he had to rent a small wharehouse to sort and organize everything as well as ship out from, so there was a lot more cost involved in the project than just the purchase price.  I believe that it took about two years from beginning to end by the time he was left with the collection in the post above.

I'm not sure who actually made out the best on that deal.  It would have cost the estate about $3K to get a removal service to come in and haul it all away, so in the end they were about $5500 ahead by selling the hoard as is in place.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I need to declutter...my 'warehouse' has at least 15 putters, a dozen wedges, 8-10 drivers, half dozen fairway woods, few hybrids and 8 golf bags, not to mention 8 sets of irons.

Might have to do some trading or start selling, though I will keep a couple sets for out of town guests....or if I put current gamers in the penalty box.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

5 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

Actually that's not the half of it.  I believe that 10000 clubs of various sorts were donated to various charities; First Tee and the like.  AS I seem to recall the details, @Ironmaster Oddities purchased 15000 clubs in an estate sale for $2500.  There was a two car garage packed floor to ceiling, front to back.  Unfortunately with all the changes here at WRX over the years the photos have been lost , but I can assure you that they would have left your jaw agape! 

At the time I believe that he estimated that the collectables in the hoard would have been worth between $25K-$40K based on eBay pricing.  I don't think that he made anywhere near that because after a while it was more a matter of getting rid of the clubs because he had to rent a small wharehouse to sort and organize everything as well as ship out from, so there was a lot more cost involved in the project than just the purchase price.  I believe that it took about two years from beginning to end by the time he was left with the collection in the post above.

I'm not sure who actually made out the best on that deal.  It would have cost the estate about $3K to get a removal service to come in and haul it all away, so in the end they were about $5500 ahead by selling the hoard as is in place.

😲😲😲

Wow...that’s a crazy story. Can’t imagine owning that many clubs...absolutely insane!!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

😲😲😲

Wow...that’s a crazy story. Can’t imagine owning that many clubs...absolutely insane!!

What will really make your head spin is thinking about the deceased and wondering how he came to acquire 15000 clubs in the first place?  How much did he spend?  Did he run a proshop and take these clubs in on trade?  No matter how you look at it there would have been an out-of-pocket cost to acquiring the hoard in the first place.  WE can be reasonably sure that it was significantly more than the estate realized out of them all those years later.  🤔

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

38 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

What will really make your head spin is thinking about the deceased and wondering how he came to acquire 15000 clubs in the first place?  How much did he spend?  Did he run a proshop and take these clubs in on trade?  No matter how you look at it there would have been an out-of-pocket cost to acquiring the hoard in the first place.  WE can be reasonably sure that it was significantly more than the estate realized out of them all those years later.  🤔

Very true, a lot of unpack and ponder there. I haven’t reached that level of deep golfing thought yet...still working on how to get my ball to land on the green every time from 50-150 yards and chip around the greens like Patrick Reed, Lol!! 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

11 hours ago, BallerNate said:

It's a sickness.... I just like golf bags, and never end up selling the ones I get tired of.  If only there was somewhere to sell them ?????

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]