The Big List of Headcovers

Hey all, I've become fairly obsessed with headcovers—probably because I can't afford to be obsessed with putters—and have since followed many of the board's recs and found a few on my own. I thought I'd put together a list for anyone else wanting the resource. This is all non-OEM and only a few Etsy brands; there's also a couple Instagram brands but not many. I'm sure this isn't comprehensive, but there's some gems in here—particularly the Dunning head cover by Dormie, the Sweetens Cove by EP, and the Save Sharp Park by Sunfish. Feel free to add any I've missed because I'm still looking for that perfect minimalist leather headcover.

Seamus

Delilah

PRG

Best Grips

Fairway Leather

Stitch

Headgear

Eliot

Iliac

Cru

Grindin Golf

Swag

Cayce

Greyson

Winston

EP

Mackenzie

Sweetens

Save Sharp Park

Dormie

Dunning by Dormie

Blood, Sweat and Thread

Jan Craig

Reinland

Sunfish

Steurer and Jacoby

PushCut

Rep the Step

Almigos

Rawhide

Robert Mark

Tyler Golf

Golden Soul

I thought I'd add to this main list as people keep recommending in the thread. Thanks for the input!

Rose & Fire

Links & Kings

The Buck Club by EP

Daphne's Headcovers

PE Golf

Pins and Aces

Rocket Tour

American Putter Company

Fore Ewe

Ju Ju McCall: No website but custom knit orders by email: [email protected]

Western Gailes: Headcovers made from repurposed sails

Patrick Gibbons

Golf Iconic

Bluegrass Fairway

Aces of Clubs

Edited by Jota_Jota
Updating
  • Like 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a fan of Rose and Fire.

Hey all, I've become fairly obsessed with headcovers—probably because I can't afford to be obsessed with putters—and have since followed many of the board's recs and found a few on my own. I thought I

I may have missed it, but Juju headcovers are the best of the knit headcovers imo.

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, SlothofDespond said:

How about animal headcovers? I've got an eagle on my driver from Daphne's Headcovers. They hold up well and seem to be cheaper on Amazon than on the Daphne website too.

They also make the most famous headcover in the world.

I still remember the Nike ad of David Duval trying to steal Frank

14 hours ago, Jota_Jota said:

Hey all, I've become fairly obsessed with headcovers—probably because I can't afford to be obsessed with putters—and have since followed many of the board's recs and found a few on my own. I thought I'd put together a list for anyone else wanting the resource. This is all non-OEM and only a few Etsy brands; there's also a couple Instagram brands but not many. I'm sure this isn't comprehensive, but there's some gems in here—particularly the Dunning head cover by Dormie, the Sweetens Cove by EP, and the Save Sharp Park by Sunfish. Feel free to add any I've missed because I'm still looking for that perfect minimalist leather headcover.

Seamus

Delilah

PRG

Best Grips

Fairway Leather

Stitch

Headgear

Eliot

Iliac

Cru

Grindin Golf

Swag

Cayce

Greyson

Winston

EP

Mackenzie

Sweetens

Save Sharp Park

Dormie

Dunning by Dormie

Blood, Sweat and Thread

Jan Craig

Reinland

Sunfish

Steurer and Jacoby

PushCut

Rep the Step

Almigos

Rawhide

Robert Mark

Tyler Golf

Nice list, mate. 

For putter headcovers, Swag is the undisputed champ right now, terrific quality and incredible designs. 

And I'm glad u don't mention Scotty... 😄 

19 hours ago, Jota_Jota said:

Seamus

Delilah

PRG

Best Grips

Fairway Leather

Stitch

Headgear

Eliot

Iliac

Cru

Grindin Golf

Swag

Cayce

Greyson

Winston

EP

Mackenzie

Sweetens

Save Sharp Park

Dormie

Dunning by Dormie

Blood, Sweat and Thread

Jan Craig

Reinland

Sunfish

Steurer and Jacoby

PushCut

Rep the Step

Almigos

Rawhide

Robert Mark

Tyler Golf

Great list. Would like to see this company https://pegolf.se/ on your list. Have not ordered anything from there so I don`t know anything about the quality but seems to have some nice gear.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, swagee said:

Nice list, mate. 

For putter headcovers, Swag is the undisputed champ right now, terrific quality and incredible designs. 

And I'm glad u don't mention Scotty... 😄 

Swag is definitely to headcovers what Patron was to tequila. No one thought to charge that much before...

And yeah, for all the quality golf equipment out there, Scotty gets a disproportionate amount of space 

Edited by Jota_Jota
spelling

I've picked up several American Putter Company headcovers lately and really like the quality.  I've reached out to them and started the process on a 100% custom headcover all the way down to the type of material.

They have good sales.

You listed it already but I love working w/ Cru on customer headcovers, Adam is great to work with over there!

• Thanks 1

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

PXG Gen2 0341X 3W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

I would add Best Grips.  Just received my custom leather headcovers from them and they are second to none.  I have custom leather headcovers by almost every company that makes them and their headcovers is one of my favorite, especially for the price. 

Sorry just saw they are already on the list.

Edited by pingman33
They are on the list.
  • Like 1

Titleist TS2 10.5 
Titleist TS2 15
Titleist TS2 18
Titleist 718 cb 3-p
Titleist SM7 Black 54m, 58m
Scotty Cameron newport

On the hunt for a plain black leather mallet cover for my #7 if anyone has any recommendations. Ideally something not custom that will take an month to wait on.  Really love the blade leather Seamus blade one although there is no mallet. 

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Evenflow Black 75g 6.0 | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 4-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Lajsoi DD201 Longneck | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

On 12/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, DaltonSTL said:

On the hunt for a plain black leather mallet cover for my #7 if anyone has any recommendations. Ideally something not custom that will take an month to wait on.  Really love the blade leather Seamus blade one although there is no mallet. 

I’ve got the Seamus leather one on my blade and it’s the only one like it that I found. Maybe Best Grips has a mallet cover, but yeah, there’s a lack of simple, one-material options in general 

On 12/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, DaltonSTL said:

I was looking for the same thing recently and came across this.  Was in stock a few days ago but unfortunately appears to be sold out now.  Haven't purchased anything from them so I'm honestly not sure what sort of quality it is.

https://www.aceofclubsgolfco.com/collections/putter-covers/products/black-leather-mallet-putter-headcover-1

This one is in stock but not sure if this still qualifies as plain.

https://www.aceofclubsgolfco.com/collections/putter-covers/products/black-alligator-mallet-putter-headcover

Also, does anybody have any recommendations for a company that makes rangefinder cases?  Ran across some on the same site and got me thinking about looking into one.

Edited by USCHawks31
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, USCHawks31 said:

I was looking for the same thing recently and came across this.  Was in stock a few days ago but unfortunately appears to be sold out now.  Haven't purchased anything from them so I'm honestly not sure what sort of quality it is.

https://www.aceofclubsgolfco.com/collections/putter-covers/products/black-leather-mallet-putter-headcover-1

This one is in stock but not sure if this still qualifies as plain.

https://www.aceofclubsgolfco.com/collections/putter-covers/products/black-alligator-mallet-putter-headcover

Also, does anybody have any recommendations for a company that makes rangefinder cases?  Ran across some on the same site and got me thinking about looking into one.

These are excellent, thanks! Definitely they are some of the more minimalist options. I like the Atmos inspired Air Max 90s colorway.

I haven’t seen rangefinder cases anywhere else. These don’t seem to have clips to attach to a bag, though. Maybe you could find something by searching for a digital camera case 

4 minutes ago, Jota_Jota said:

These are excellent, thanks! Definitely they are some of the more minimalist options. I like the Atmos inspired Air Max 90s colorway.

I haven’t seen rangefinder cases anywhere else. These don’t seem to have clips to attach to a bag, though. Maybe you could find something by searching for a digital camera case 

All of them show clips on the back if you click through the pictures.

baseball-glove-genuine-leather-golf-laser-range-finder-case-holder-bushnell_1080x.jpg?v=1587352893

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, DaltonSTL said:

Seamus will make you one for a mallet But it wouldn’t be until January.  

Thank you for the list. I have Sunfish, Stitch and Rose & Fire. Rose & Fire by far.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I'm a big fan of Seamus although they take long to ship. Have had JuJu and Jan Craig and not impressed with either. Expensive and don't fit for s***. 

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - TTitleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
  • 2 weeks later...