Vessel 2.0 Player White bags

acekun

I'm maybe considering the 2.0 or 3.0 vessel player bags. They may be a little too fancy for me. I'm also thinking about Linksoul.

I love how the white looks but wondering how they hold up over time. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, the 2.0 only has the 14 divider in white. Anyone have feedback on how those work -- if they are OK?

I might just go with 3.0, but they look sort of bulky. Maybe they're the same size as 2.0 but those pics make it look more like a cart bag. 

9 hours ago, nbean8 said:

I just got my 3.0 player bag in the mail yesterday. I'm coming from a Sun Mountain 5.5, and they are almost identical in size.

Can't really speak to the durability of the finish yet, and mine is the 6 way top. Initial impressions are very high on the quality and looks though.

Thanks, that's good to know. I think I'm leaning toward getting the 3.0 player bag. The opening is a bit larger -- think that is one of the complaints I've seen about the 2.0 bag. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the white 14-way 2.0 for almost 2 years.  It's been a fantastic bag.  Durability wise, I just wipe the bag down with vinyl cleaner and it looks like new again.  I don't have any issues with the size of the top, in fact, I actually carry 15 clubs most times with alignment sticks and also have midsize grips.  I bought one of the Kell-Pro straps as a safety precaution after some people complained of cart straps tearing into their bags and have never had an issue.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9˚ - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5˚ - Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 21˚ - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist T200 4 Iron - Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

Titleist T100 5-9 Iron - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 46˚/10˚F, 50˚/12˚F, 54˚/10˚S, 58˚/V Grind - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100/S400

Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 5.5

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Titleist ProV1x

12 hours ago, be0972 said:

I've had the white 14-way 2.0 for almost 2 years.  It's been a fantastic bag.  Durability wise, I just wipe the bag down with vinyl cleaner and it looks like new again.  I don't have any issues with the size of the top, in fact, I actually carry 15 clubs most times with alignment sticks and also have midsize grips.  I bought one of the Kell-Pro straps as a safety precaution after some people complained of cart straps tearing into their bags and have never had an issue.

Where does the storage fall in line compared to a Sun Mountain 3.5 and 4.5?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

15 hours ago, be0972 said:

Good to hear. I have a new 14-way 2.0 in white coming by Saturday. I also bought a few Kell-Pro straps to save the bag material.

Mr. Wolfe

• Like 1

I actually came to the Vessel from the Sun Mountain 4.5 (14-way).  I found the storage very similar.  There is nothing that I had in my 4.5 that I couldn't easily find a place for in the Vessel.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 9˚ - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5˚ - Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 21˚ - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist T200 4 Iron - Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

Titleist T100 5-9 Iron - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 46˚/10˚F, 50˚/12˚F, 54˚/10˚S, 58˚/V Grind - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100/S400

Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 5.5

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Titleist ProV1x

17 hours ago, acekun said:

Did you receive your bag? Thoughts?

I did receive the bag. I haven't used it yet since it is winter. First impressions are that it is very nice. I got the 2.0 and I was worried it might be a little too big, but I like the size. I ride on a cart 80% of the time so a little bit of size is okay. I thought about the 3.0, but it seemed big in pictures although its probably similar in size. If prices were the same and they were in stock, I probably would have bought the 3.0, but initially, I am very pleased with my bag. It screams quality and I love having a bag without logos or graphics on it. I would say storage is similar to my previous Sun Mountain.

Mr. Wolfe

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.45.17 AM.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

I did receive the bag. I haven't used it yet since it is winter. First impressions are that it is very nice. I got the 2.0 and I was worried it might be a little too big, but I like the size. I ride on a cart 80% of the time so a little bit of size is okay. I thought about the 3.0, but it seemed big in pictures although its probably similar in size. If prices were the same and they were in stock, I probably would have bought the 3.0, but initially, I am very pleased with my bag. It screams quality and I love having a bag without logos or graphics on it. I would say storage is similar to my previous Sun Mountain.

Mr. Wolfe

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.45.17 AM.png

Looks sharp. They're out of both 2.0 and 3.0 right now, so guess I'll get whatever is in stock first. I had same concerns -- 3.0 did look bigger to me and I didn't want too big of bag, either. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, acekun said:

Looks sharp. They're out of both 2.0 and 3.0 right now, so guess I'll get whatever is in stock first. I had same concerns -- 3.0 did look bigger to me and I didn't want too big of bag, either. 

I hear you. I was kind of doing the same thing until this bag showed up on here for sale a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. Wolfe

On 1/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, Rogtsaamokin66 said:

Anyone seeing the 2.0’s anywhere still?  14 way?  Also how well does the white hold up?  Very sharp bag. 

I haven't used mine yet, but I'm sure you have to take care of it. I bought a Kell-Pro cart strap protector so it doesn't wear on the synthetic leather. I also feel that if you do a lot of walking and just lay the bag on the ground, a less luxurious bag would be better. I try to pick golf bags (and golf shoes) that I can wipe with a wet cloth after each round and keep them looking new for years.

Mr. Wolfe

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, Mr_Wolfe said:

I haven't used mine yet, but I'm sure you have to take care of it. I bought a Kell-Pro cart strap protector so it doesn't wear on the synthetic leather. I also feel that if you do a lot of walking and just lay the bag on the ground, a less luxurious bag would be better. I try to pick golf bags (and golf shoes) that I can wipe with a wet cloth after each round and keep them looking new for years.

Mr. Wolfe

Hi Mr Wolfe

I am trying to figure out if my Hopkins bag from a few years back was originally made by Vessel. Can  you check the bottom of the your bag an see if you see the patent number molded on it? Mine has worn down a lot, but it says 8.123.032,B20210120_175948.jpg.a84afaac8008b04933d1c5d20887ad54.jpg

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

51 minutes ago, mister2cool said:

Hi Mr Wolfe

I am trying to figure out if my Hopkins bag from a few years back was originally made by Vessel. Can  you check the bottom of the your bag an see if you see the patent number molded on it? Mine has worn down a lot, but it says 8.123.032,B20210120_175948.jpg.a84afaac8008b04933d1c5d20887ad54.jpg

YEP, same patent.

Mr. Wolfe

43 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

YEP, same patent.

Mr. Wolfe

Thanks!

I am really intrigued. I don't know if you saw my other post with some more pictures.. basically this bag has all of the key components that are identical to what's on the Player 2.0, except it's made of nylon and has different pocket layout. This bag was from 2015 and was given out for free with order of Hopkins iron set (priced at $499 and the company has been gone since 2016 or 17). I got it for very cheap from someone who had no use for another bag. I don't know what the previous models of Player 2.0 looked like or if Vessel was even around in 2015.. LOL..

In any case.. assuming that mine is of the same construction as player 2.0, a couple of quick notes from my experience.  I used mine a lot for 2 years and switched to a cart bag and didn't even think about it again until I recently saw a Bettinardi that looked a lot like it. I carried a lot of extra clubs for practice so the extra weight really did some damage to the center divider and probably contributed a lot to the top became somewhat deformed. So don't put too many clubs! LOL Also the legs tend to spread when  standing on slippery surface like tiled floor so watch out for that. I am going to try to move the metal link piece higher and see it that helps. 

Edited by mister2cool
wording
  • Like 1

PXG SD 58*

8 hours ago, Kball10 said:

Who sells the Kell-Pro cart strap protector?  I really like the white, but am concerned about wear.

Kell-pro sells them direct. I actually just ordered 3 of them in various colors to match different bags. They are only $9.99 a piece so it’s a very worth while purchase if protecting you bag is a concern. While I don’t have the white leather vessel bag (my vessel I picked up second hand recently is grey), I do have a couple other white bags and didn’t want that ring of dirt where the strap from the cart would be so picked them up. Definitely worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mister2cool said:

Thanks!

I am really intrigued. I don't know if you saw my other post with some more pictures.. basically this bag has all of the key components that are identical to what's on the Player 2.0, except it's made of nylon and has different pocket layout. This bag was from 2015 and was given out for free with order of Hopkins iron set (priced at $499 and the company has been gone since 2016 or 17). I got it for very cheap from someone who had no use for another bag. I don't know what the previous models of Player 2.0 looked like or if Vessel was even around in 2015.. LOL..

In any case.. assuming that mine is of the same construction as player 2.0, a couple of quick notes from my experience.  I used mine a lot for 2 years and switched to a cart bag and didn't even think about it again until I recently saw a Bettinardi that looked a lot like it. I carried a lot of extra clubs for practice so the extra weight really did some damage to the center divider and probably contributed a lot to the top became somewhat deformed. So don't put too many clubs! LOL Also the legs tend to spread when  standing on slippery surface like tiled floor so watch out for that. I am going to try to move the metal link piece higher and see it that helps. 

On the leg slippage thing there is another alternative---- Get 2 ladies or Jr grips and slide them on the legs. You may have to use build up tape to get to work. If you do not like the looks of the grips cut them off about a inch or so above the caps. It worked on an old Cleveland Tour Stand bag I still have----  This is not my invention I copied it from a fellow WRXer from across the big pond years ago when I first came on here

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

5 hours ago, Bburch4 said:

Kell-pro sells them direct. I actually just ordered 3 of them in various colors to match different bags. They are only $9.99 a piece so it’s a very worth while purchase if protecting you bag is a concern. While I don’t have the white leather vessel bag (my vessel I picked up second hand recently is grey), I do have a couple other white bags and didn’t want that ring of dirt where the strap from the cart would be so picked them up. Definitely worth it in my opinion. 

Exactly what I did. I ordered a black, light blue, and dark blue protector.

Mr. Wolfe

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

On the leg slippage thing there is another alternative---- Get 2 ladies or Jr grips and slide them on the legs. You may have to use build up tape to get to work. If you do not like the looks of the grips cut them off about a inch or so above the caps. It worked on an old Cleveland Tour Stand bag I still have----  This is not my invention I copied it from a fellow WRXer from across the big pond years ago when I first came on here

Well the slippage wasn't because the legs are slipping. There are rubber feet at the bottom of the legs. Problem is the legs can continue to open up wider well past where they suppose to stop. The issue is really the two metal wire supporting the legs seem to have too much flex, or at least I thought so.

So last night I tried to do some mod to make the support wire stronger, and turned out it's not as simple as I hoped. First I hoped that I could simply move the metal joint higher but clip doesn't move at all. Then I tried to add some additional support for the metal wire above the metal clip .. took off a clip from an old OGIO Groom (best stand bag I have used) and tried to fit it on this but it didn't work. The leg wires are much closer together than any other stand bags I have... (6 of them) and curve outwards so much that I just couldn't get them both fitted into the slots. 

As I was going back and forth trying to figure out a solution, I noticed something that's probably the root cause of the instability. The entire bag has only a single bar for structural support top to bottom and it is located right under the lift handle.  I am not sure if the current 2.0 bag has the same internal structure . I suspect that would be the case with the the entire bottom base rotating you really couldn't fit another full length rigid support. This means the lower side of the bag has no rigid frame and it is actually using the leg supporting wire + the 6 way opening frame as structural support. It is a very clever design to save weight but the 6 way opening frame is made of plastic so that can flex. That in turn allows the lower side of the frame where legs are mounted to flex inward somewhat easily even under modest load, and that's what's causing the legs to squat outwards. 

I suppose if the 6 way frame was made of more rigid polymer (similar to what the base is made of) this design could have worked very nicely. My bag was made way back in 2015 and I hope Vessel had improved the material used to mold that piece over the years. I suspect they have made improvements since mine can't even stand straight up as Mr. Wolfe shown in a photo above. 

For now I just tied a strong string between the two legs where the support wire connected so they can't open wider. It's not pretty but does solved the problem. I hardly use this bag now so aesthetic isn't the most important thing at this point... LOL

• Like 1

PXG SD 58*

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, x5andr6 said:

So you decided on the Player III bag, I guess. I'm still on the fence. You're right, in the photos, it looks like the III is more bulky than the 2.0.

Yeah, I decided to just go with the III. I recently got new forged irons and decided to go with the 14 way, which looks like it fits clubs better in the 3.0 than the 2.0. I'm hoping it's not too bulky. 

So I ordered the Player III bag the other day. Can't wait to get it! Decided on the 6 way dividers. Meanwhile, the Titleist Hybrid 14 bag I pre-ordered back in November also arrived at my pro-shop on Saturday. Couldn't cancel anymore but I really like the looks of the all white Vessel bags! So now I'll have 2 new stand bags. I guess I'll keep both bags and just switch out depending on the weather...

Gonna need some pics of these new bags when they arrive, ya know...

• Like 1

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* Graphite Design Tour AD-U 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

On 2/17/2021 at 9:31 AM, meliaant said:

Gonna need some pics of these new bags when they arrive, ya know...

On 2/12/2021 at 4:34 AM, x5andr6 said:

So you decided on the Player III bag, I guess. I'm still on the fence. You're right, in the photos, it looks like the III is more bulky than the 2.0.

Got my bag today -- was supposed to be Monday but I live in Dallas. I am really glad I got it -- I love how this thing looks. I went with the 14 way dividers (hope I like it).

I was worried it might be too bulky but it's not for me. It still looks like a carry bag as opposed to a cart bag. I was surprised at how the material felt -- I thought it would be something closer to a pleather. But it has a more plasticky feel to it -- which I think is fine and will be easier to keep clean.

They also included the cart sleeve. I thought I might have to order one separately but they included it. 

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Like 1