On 12/8/2020 at 7:48 AM, driveandputtmachine said:

I wouldn't completely bet on piles of individual "tour" balls.  Any change in formulation what so ever has to be tested and approved by the USGA.  It has to have different markings to differentiate them.  I do not see a pile of different Chrome Soft balls on the USGA approved list.  If they play a ball that is different and not marked different and for some reason it is discovered it would be an immediate DQ would be my guess.  Not to mention the stigma a cheater gets.

If a pile of different balls was the case for Callaway staffers and they weren't putting them on the USGA conforming list, then Kisner wouldn't still be playing Titleist instead of a Callaway ball.

I just counted 31 USGA conforming versions off the chrome soft 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John played for Tim Mickelson at ASU and he also shares the same management group as Phil.  Phil has a direct connection to Rahm and a lifetime deal with Callaway.  Seems to make perfect sense to me. 

And people couldn't care less about your guys pissing match, please stop mucking the thread up with it.      

Travis Matthew is coming out with a "husky" line of clothing   You heard it here first!!!

Posted Images

On 12/3/2020 at 5:40 PM, QMany said:

Just a few days ago, I noticed him wearing Jordans playing with Johnny Football and found it odd. That might make more sense now.

Its because they both play out of Silver leaf and Whisper Rock with Perez and they love his shoe collection. That is the link to Jordan.

Edited by MUNIGRIT
17 hours ago, Aaronwilson_95 said:

That is either very alarming or comforting knowing you can get a "custom ball???" as a potential new staff member.  

Wonder how that compares to Bridgestone, Srixon, TM, and Titleist.  

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Futura Phantom
Pro V1

16 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Lol

16 hours ago, Aaronwilson_95 said:

LOL, no chance there are that many different versions of a chrome ball with different characteristics.

So a quick look shows 17 Triple Track balls, 13 of which are chrome soft or chrome soft x.  If they have any kind of different markings they are included on the list even if they are exactly the same as ones without triple track.  So that takes it down to 18.  Then you have however many are produced in white and yellow, since different colors have to be on the list as well, same as triple track.  So that drops it down another 5, so now the total is 13.   Which still seems high, I mean how crappy of a ball does it have to be to have that many different versions and still not get quite a few of their club players into a Callaway ball?

Anyone know if last years versions are on this list as well, or just current production models?  I know different year production models some had the Chevron and some didn't.  There are soft x and soft on the list both with and without chevrons.

Even if it is 13, which is just absurd, I am guessing last years models are on there too.  I still stand by my ball statement.  No way Callaway who is trying to secure the number 2 ball count wouldn't be willing to offer a pile of money to their club staffers to play their ball, so the money can't be the reason.  With 13 different versions to have that many guys not playing them says something.

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS on Ventus Purple
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons - Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66 (Testing Odyssey V Line Tank @ 39" with split hands)
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 
1 minute ago, driveandputtmachine said:

LOL, no chance there are that many different versions of a chrome ball with different characteristics.

So a quick look shows 17 Triple Track balls, 13 of which are chrome soft or chrome soft x.  If they have any kind of different markings they are included on the list even if they are exactly the same as ones without triple track.  So that takes it down to 18.  Then you have however many are produced in white and yellow, since different colors have to be on the list as well, same as triple track.  So that drops it down another 5, so now the total is 13.   Which still seems high, I mean how crappy of a ball does it have to be to have that many different versions and still not get quite a few of their club players into a Callaway ball?

Anyone know if last years versions are on this list as well, or just current production models?  I know different year production models some had the Chevron and some didn't.  There are soft x and soft on the list both with and without chevrons.

Even if it is 13, which is just absurd, I am guessing last years models are on there too.  I still stand by my ball statement.  No way Callaway who is trying to secure the number 2 ball count wouldn't be willing to offer a pile of money to their club staffers to play their ball, so the money can't be the reason.  With 13 different versions to have that many guys not playing them says something.

By checking Bridgestone, since I know their ball branding better, yes last years models are on the list, since the B330 shows up on the list.

• 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66 (Testing Odyssey V Line Tank @ 39" with split hands)
3 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

17 hours ago, Aaronwilson_95 said:

16 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Lol

So last years models are included it appears, since the previous generation of Bridgestone balls are on the list.   So the 13 number goes down at least a little bit, but even if it is half and lets say there are 7 or even 8 current versions (not colors or triple track markings) of the Chrome balls available, how could none of them be good enough to get Kisner, and some of the others mentioned into a Callaway ball?

• Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
On 12/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, btyh said:

Its a laundry list of guys that kick started their success with titleist and later ran for the big dollar contracts. think there was just one guy who kept their streak going with other clubs but most of his clubs were specifically made just for him..... forgot his name tho

I would like to believe Tiger, Rory, and Duval would have a 20% greater win amount having never left Titleist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

So last years models are included it appears, since the previous generation of Bridgestone balls are on the list.   So the 13 number goes down at least a little bit, but even if it is half and lets say there are 7 or even 8 current versions (not colors or triple track markings) of the Chrome balls available, how could none of them be good enough to get Kisner, and some of the others mentioned into a Callaway ball?

I’m just trying to point out there are a bunch off options in the callaway ball has a very distinct feeling to it’s cover, regardless off how much they tweak its spin characteristics on the inside. 

That being said if callaway isn’t paying more than kisners existing ball glove shoe contract he has with titleist why would he change

On 12/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, MitchellGolfing said:

That’s actually pretty surprising. Figured he’d be a long term TM guy.

So crazy. I would never have hought but love the move for both him amd Cally!

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or Tour Issued Matrix Black Tie S+
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD tipped/butted S+
- Tour Issued m1 5w w/ Diamana D+ 75s
-  Tour Issue m2 5hl w/ Proto 80x  /  GAPR 3hi 80s 

-  MPh5 4-5, MP25 6-p w/CTapers 120s
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG12 52-58 r300 shafts (I must be old)
- Putters = Testing Everything and Anything to try and improve.

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it!

4 hours ago, BCULAW said:

Wonder how quickly we will see Cally irons in the bag, and which model he will land with. 

X Forged CB would be the heavy favorite, I would think.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

8 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

X Forged CB would be the heavy favorite, I would think.

Unless they're going to press the offset out of them I can't see it. Those things look like Ping Gs from address offset wise with a thinner topline. I'd be willing to bet he will end up in some Apex Pro dots. 

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Ventus Black 6x

Callaway EFSZ @ 14* Ventus Blue 7x

Callaway Rogue SZ TC 5w Tour AD TP 8x (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x | Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Callaway X-Forged UT 24* Project X 6.0

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z745 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey JDM Forged 50F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade Hi-Toe 4-Way Chrome 60.10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 (Gamer) | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

29 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Unless they're going to press the offset out of them I can't see it. Those things look like Ping Gs from address offset wise with a thinner topline. I'd be willing to bet he will end up in some Apex Pro dots. 

Have you had them in hand or are you just going off the pictures on here?

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

47 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Have you had them in hand or are you just going off the pictures on here?

I’ve had them in hand and I’ve hit them. Total no go for me. Not only is there a decent amount of stated offset, the way it’s blended and the hosel transition make it even worse looking. I’d bet he is in a new version of the pro dot. 

Callaway Rogue SZ TC 5w Tour AD TP 8x (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x | Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z745 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 (Gamer) | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

1 hour ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

You may or may not be right about Rahm not using the new X-Forged irons but comparing the offset to the Ping G series, to MY eye, isn't even close - and I've been staring down at the G20s for the better part of 8 years now. YMO(bviously)V.

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

1 minute ago, nsxguy said:

You may or may not be right about Rahm not using the new X-Forged irons but comparing the offset to the Ping G series, to MY eye, isn't even close - and I've been staring down at the G20s for the better part of 8 years now. YMO(bviously)V.

Intentional exaggeration. I just cannot for the life of me understand why a club designer would put that much visual offset on a players CB meant for low singles to pro golfers. It's completely beyond me. 

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

1 minute ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Intentional exaggeration. I just cannot for the life of me understand why a club designer would put that much visual offset on a players CB meant for low singles to pro golfers. It's completely beyond me. 

Fair enough. I've never sniffed your rarified air. Lowest I've gotten is 1.8 at home, and 3.9 at different courses but I've never worried about offset. Maybe I should have ? :classic_wink:

Although I'm sure there's an effect to offset, other than appeal to the eye, I guess it's something that's worked for me or something I've simply gotten used to.

I've never been one to worry much about visuals. Always focused on performance, feel, balance, etc.

👍

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

21 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Fair enough. I've never sniffed your rarified air. Lowest I've gotten is 1.8 at home, and 3.9 at different courses but I've never worried about offset. Maybe I should have ? :classic_wink:

Although I'm sure there's an effect to offset, other than appeal to the eye, I guess it's something that's worked for me or something I've simply gotten used to.

I've never been one to worry much about visuals. Always focused on performance, feel, balance, etc.

👍

I play a draw with my irons and without a doubt I run into problems with the left side when offset increases. 

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

On 12/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, MakersMarsh3 said:

He used to be a mostly Titleist guy in college, maybe some TM woods. Don't know on putter though

I would bet TM gave him a pretty solid offer, Callaway must have brought out the brinks truck

Heard a rumor he played Wilson Staff irons for a minute in college...this was from a Wilson employee, so who knows?! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

Might see Jon Rahm in the new Apex MB's. He did play blades early on in his Tour days before switching to the P750. If Callaway can't get a CB small enough, he may just go back to the blades again. 

Agree with this. The P750 are pretty small for a CB. Unless Callaway makes him a one-off X-Forged, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Apex blades.

Callaway Mav SZ 3D 9

TaylorMade M3 17.5

Cobra F9 DI 19.5

Yonex CB-301 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50F, 54F, 58T

Odyssey 2Ball Ten WH

My money would be him playing whatever  new prototype Xander is currently playing. I wish they would come out with that instead of the x forged cb as I’m sure it would look better.  

Callaway Epic Speed 9* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff
Titleist TS1 9* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff
Titleist TS1 15* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS1 18* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Epon 505 4-GW with Graphite Design Tour AD-95 stiff
JP 55, 60 with Graphite Design Tour AD-95 stiff
National Custom longneck
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

On the most recent Subpar podcast, Colt Knost starts the show talking about Jon Rahm's Callaway bag, 14 clubs and the ball. 

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

1 hour ago, QMany said:

On the most recent Subpar podcast, Colt Knost starts the show talking about Jon Rahm's Callaway bag, 14 clubs and the ball. 

ooff. I see lots of club slamming in Rahms future.. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX