Acer xv pro irons

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The older XK heads were Callaway X-20 Pro (or maybe X-18 pro) clones.   One of the things I like about the XV series Acers is that they broke away from being clones of an OEM iron.  

I'm not sure if we'd be able to find the posts in the Search, due to the forum changes, but @Nessism built a set of these, used them for a time, posted about his experiences.   I might see i

I have a set of these heads.  Played them off and on for several years. They are perfectly serviceable heads.  I doubt they will be all over the place as far as weight and loft and lie.  Hireko genera

Posted Images

Hireko Golf (owner of the Acer brand) actually makes some pretty nice and useful stuff.  It's no frills on graphics and cosmetics but they work.  I can't speak to the XV, but in 2014 I played the previous generation XS Professional irons for a season and they were pretty great.  That said, they're inexpensive and there are some negatives that come with that.  Inconsistent head weights for one which can cause problems during the built with swingweighting.  And lofts and lies are going to be all over the place you can almost count on that so those will need to be adjusted.  Some places, like ValueGolf which stocks the XV can hand pick for weights on request I believe so that can help.

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
Maltby TS1 5-P - DGS300
Maltby TSW 50/54/58 - DGS300
Maltby PTM-2

I'm not sure if we'd be able to find the posts in the Search, due to the forum changes, but @Nessism built a set of these, used them for a time, posted about his experiences.

I might see if I can find the original posts...

And I found where he started the process.  Should be this post (let's hope the Share link works)

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

I played Acer XK Pros for several years and loved them.  I only sold them because the grooves were pre-2010 and I had an itch to get new clubs.   

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

The older XK heads were Callaway X-20 Pro (or maybe X-18 pro) clones.  

One of the things I like about the XV series Acers is that they broke away from being clones of an OEM iron.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

1 hour ago, Nessism said:

One of the things I like about the XV series Acers is that they broke away from being clones of an OEM iron.  

I seen a couple of ppl say the xv pros look similar to the callaway apex 16 irons if that’s true I don’t mind that at all 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, R33c3 said:

I seen a couple of ppl say the xv pros look similar to the callaway apex 16 irons if that’s true I don’t mind that at all 

They don't look similar to me.

image.png.2d439e7dee94c0a04b852ac0c9001df4.png

Edited by Nessism
  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

12 hours ago, R33c3 said:

What is the flight like and can you shape them ok? Are they a soft-ish feel? And is distance ok as there are on the weaker side with lofts? Thanks 

They were weaker lofts and distance was on par with most clubs of the era before the thin-face irons became vogue.  The head length was relatively compact but not like a true blade of the era.  The offset was minimal.  I don't shape my shots per se, but I suspect it's do-able.   As for feel, no surprises, it was not a soft feel.  As someone else posted, they were basically clones of X-20 Callaways and extremely forgiving.  Sad to say, if you're looking for these, I'm not seeing many on eBay.

• Thanks 1

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

12 hours ago, Nessism said:

Take a look at the old King Cobra SS-I irons and tell me they don't look like Ping I/3's.  The OEM's copy the crap out of each other.  To your point though, I would rather some component manufacturers come up with original designs.

• Thanks 1