Do you have a Negative experience with Olson Mfg putters to share?

So Olson mfg is having a Days of Christmas sale this month.  Normally their flash sale putters have gone for $600-$650 but they had 2 carbon putters for sale 1 or 2 days ago that were $1550 to $1600 each so it prompted me to wonder what ball park range their next Christmas release today would run.  They hinted it involved Copper, which I love, so I was curious if I could afford it since you basically have to buy it site unseen from what I was understanding on their last post.  So I asked on their page and rather than reply there or even in a private dm, they simply deleted my post (which reappeared an hour later, still unanswered).  Looking through their other posts I am starting to believe they delete a lot of posts and mostly just leave the high praising ones.    

Have any of you had your posts deleted with them?  Do you have an experience of working with them in general (whether good, bad or indifferent) that you would like to share? 

Edited by Rory4Pres
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an extremely bad experience with Logan.. I have been in touch with many people about it (including golfwrx and the FlatStick Focus guys), I have never really aired the dirty laundry for the pub

Im glad your story turned out well! I wish mine would have. I am not a "negative review" type of guy, this is the first time I have ever felt the need to air dirty laundry.. Im sure there are many man

Well, to be frank I am tired of hearing these excuses from custom shops. If youre unable to update the client, or answer inquires, you need to hire someone. Cant afford it? Ask a family member, ask th

Posted Images

I’ll bet his next release are all the thousand dollar plus putters.  When you’re blowing out putters in minutes and causing websites to crash you can pretty much do what you want as far as pricing. 

Taylormade M3 9*  Fuji Velocore 6x 

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

These will probably also sell out before image is posted or price is listed.

No hate cause if you're selling putters sight unseen for over 1k you must be doing something right. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

This drop 1550 and 1650, didn't last 5min. 

Lefty WITB

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

I DM’d him on Instagram a while back and asked him if he was ever going to make a mid-sized mallet (he used to make these a while back; see below) or any other putters besides the standard blade models he offers. He never responded, so I’m guessing he is only going to keep churning out his standard blade models. I guess if people are buying them up like crack, then why bother pushing the envelope with different shapes.

image.png.0f566c2f2a280c1e6131075f7426a9c1.png

That sucks to hear @Kwward11he's a 1 man show and making so many putters I don't know how he can keep track of all of them. I'm sure you're not the only one with the amount of putters he's making.

Also regarding the recent drop I'm 100% sure people are not paying attention to specs. The copper had a sound slot and one person "didn't realize" it had one so canceled their order. So people are just blind buying these drops.

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That sucks to hear @Kwward11he's a 1 man show and making so many putters I don't know how he can keep track of all of them. I'm sure you're not the only one with the amount of putters he's making.

Also regarding the recent drop I'm 100% sure people are not paying attention to specs. The copper had a sound slot and one person "didn't realize" it had one so canceled their order. So people are just blind buying these drops.

Yeah that is why I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and be as patient as I could without complaining.. But its tough when he requires up-front full payment and then it plays out how mine played out. Just left a very bitter taste in my mouth for his business practices I guess. His putters are still fantastic and I would gladly buy one if he gave me a $200 credit towards a purchase. Hahaha. Also, he had done 2 flash sales in the months that my order was lost with no updates, so that was frustrating also. 

Yeah as fast as those flash sales go, I would guess most people buy blind and then try to tinker the specs afterwards. If you take the time to wait and check out the specs, odds are you will miss out on it anyways. 

Titleist TSi3 8.5*. Tensei AV Raw White 70x.
Titleist TSi3 16.5*. Tensei AV Raw White 80x.
Titleist U500 2 Iron. Evenflow T1100 100x.
Titleist T100 3-9. TT AMT X100. 
Vokey SM8 50, 54, 60. TT X100  
Scotty Cameron JT Inspired By 

14 minutes ago, Kwward11 said:

Yeah that is why I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and be as patient as I could without complaining.. But its tough when he requires up-front full payment and then it plays out how mine played out. Just left a very bitter taste in my mouth for his business practices I guess. His putters are still fantastic and I would gladly buy one if he gave me a $200 credit towards a purchase. Hahaha. Also, he had done 2 flash sales in the months that my order was lost with no updates, so that was frustrating also. 

Yeah as fast as those flash sales go, I would guess most people buy blind and then try to tinker the specs afterwards. If you take the time to wait and check out the specs, odds are you will miss out on it anyways. 

Was there any mention of a $200 fee in the order fine print?  If not and you used a credit card, you should file a dispute through the credit card. 

• Like 1

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser, PING G2 Tess

39 minutes ago, Kwward11 said:

I have an extremely bad experience with Logan.. I have been in touch with many people about it (including golfwrx and the FlatStick Focus guys), I have never really aired the dirty laundry for the public, so this is the first time I've ever posted it anywhere. It did not have to do with pricing or flash sale things, but it was very poor business principles. 

To sum it up, I ordered a putter and paid $1600 up front for it. I was quoted 3-4 months for the build. After 6 months and many many many emails trying to check in, all I ever received was "I am working through customs as fast as I can", I reached out one last time at the 6 month mark and his reply was "I will try to find your order and get you an update" and then I never heard back from him. So after the 6 months and zero update on my putter that was already paid in full, I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, he had clearly not started on my order and couldn't find it anywhere. Two weeks later I did receive the refund minus $200 for a "booking fee". 

So basically I paid $1600 up front for a custom putter that was over 2 months late and that he hadn't even started on nor could he find my order form... and then I ended up losing $200 on the deal in the end. When I tried to dispute the $200, I have never heard back from him since. 

I have all the emails and Instagram messages between us, I documented everything along the way. 

I hate being THAT GUY that complains about these things, I understand he is extremely busy and his putters are a work of art, it was extremely unfortunate situation that he never acknowledged or attempted to rectify. 

Thats just my story, take it for what its worth. 

That is absolute BS and he owes you $200. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

Was there any mention of a $200 fee in the order fine print?  If not and you used a credit card, you should file a dispute through the credit card. 

There was no mention in any of the emails, or on the invoice he sent me to pay in full. 

I kind of assumed paying $1600 up front would be enough to nullify any booking fee, but no there was never a $200 charge mentioned until I requested a refund. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Kwward11 said:

There was no mention in any of the emails, or on the invoice he sent me to pay in full. 

I kind of assumed paying $1600 up front would be enough to nullify any booking fee, but no there was never a $200 charge mentioned until I requested a refund. 

Credit cards are very good about this and usually have a good amount of time to dispute.

• Like 1

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser, PING G2 Tess

4 minutes ago, NAM2212 said:

That is absolute BS and he owes you $200. 

Unfortunately I feel the same way and I could probably dispute it through the credit card company if I felt like going that route and I still may.. I have sent about 3 emails giving him a chance to "do the right thing" but I have had no response. 

TLDR: Responsive to me, given that Logan is, literally, the entire company. He also paid two-way shipping charges to repair my putter to my satisfaction, even when he probably didn’t feel like it was warranted. I appreciated that we had an honest discussion and he decided my satisfaction was worth it to fix the putter.  

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

I have filled out many custom order forms. Not once did I get a response back. Tried to contact them through there website and called numerous times. Never once did I get a response back. 

Im sorry Logan. You make the most gorgeous putters I’ve ever seen. But your s*** still stinks like the rest of us. 

Whether you are a lone wolf in this business or not. It’s not cool how poor the communication is. 

• Like 2

It is interesting to compare and contrast that my complaint was with the craftsmanship but the customer service was good. However, others experienced the exact opposite. I imagine that it is the growing pains of trying to scale up a business without cutting in to your bottom line by adding an administrative assistant. If he was able to find a good part-time, he could recoup the cost with 10-20 custom putters. I believe he said he made over 1k putters last year but I could be mistaken. 

15 minutes ago, dxdgenert said:

It is interesting to compare and contrast that my complaint was with the craftsmanship but the customer service was good. However, others experienced the exact opposite. I imagine that it is the growing pains of trying to scale up a business without cutting in to your bottom line by adding an administrative assistant. If he was able to find a good part-time, he could recoup the cost with 10-20 custom putters. I believe he said he made over 1k putters last year but I could be mistaken. 

That’s almost 3 putters start to finish a day. That seems like quite a lot, especially with the amount of detailing that goes into his. 

Ping G410 LST / Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TSi2 16.5* / Fujikura Ventus Black 8x

Titleist TSi2 21* / Fujikura Ventus Red 9x

Titleist T100-S 4-W / True Temper DG X7

Vokey SM8 54-12 D Grind / True Temper DG TI X1

Vokey SM8 WW 58-6 LB K Grind / True Temper DG TI X1

Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 Dual Balance / KBS CT Tour

PXG One and Done

That is the answer he gave (it may have even been 1,200). Keep in mind that many people don’t order the avant-garde putters that he shows on Instagram. I bet a majority are run of the mill (no pun intended) Classics, Legacys and Retros. 

1 hour ago, MPAndreassi said:

That’s almost 3 putters start to finish a day. That seems like quite a lot, especially with the amount of detailing that goes into his. 

6 hours ago, Kwward11 said:

Im glad your story turned out well! I wish mine would have. I am not a "negative review" type of guy, this is the first time I have ever felt the need to air dirty laundry.. Im sure there are many many more positive reviews than negatives and his craftsmanship is undeniable. I understand he is a one man show, but to be brutally honest.. thats not really my problem, thats his problem.  This was a brutal deal for me and I have never experienced it from any other custom company I have done business with. I still hope to get one of his putters someday, but I would be lying if I said this didnt leave a really sour taste in my mouth about his operation. 

You are absolutely right. It is his problem not yours. I would file the chargeback immediately. 

• Thanks 1

Sounds like if you want an Olson putter, you’re better off buying an in-stock piece (i.e., a flash sale piece)  instead of risking a very expensive negative experience with a custom order. Better be quick on the IG trigger! Haha.

A long while back, I saw a really nice Olson putter on eBay that was hand-etched by Corey Paul with really detailed alligator scales and eyes. I think it only bid up to $300. I didn’t buy it because the length was wrong, but now I’m wishing I did. That piece must be worth thousands now based on others just blindly buying his regular milled putters on IG for $1500.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:16 AM, Kwward11 said:

Unfortunately I feel the same way and I could probably dispute it through the credit card company if I felt like going that route and I still may.. I have sent about 3 emails giving him a chance to "do the right thing" but I have had no response. 

Absolutely dispute it.  Do not let him get away with it!

• Thanks 1

He responds quickly on his Instagram. Even during his 12 days of Christmas I would have a question here and there and he replies same day. 

Edited by ckay
  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour

I just received my first Olson putter a couple of days ago and communication with Logan via Instagram was never an issue. If there was a delay I think we can all agree that having to be the Swiss Army knife of his company all by himself if a tough thing to do. Don't let it keep people away from this man's work he makes a damn fine putter!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

TBD | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

TBD
Titleist ProV1x

16 hours ago, agood3putt said:

I just received my first Olson putter a couple of days ago and communication with Logan via Instagram was never an issue. If there was a delay I think we can all agree that having to be the Swiss Army knife of his company all by himself if a tough thing to do. Don't let it keep people away from this man's work he makes a damn fine putter!

That is ridiculous to hear that. I don’t have instragram or do social media. Now I’m suppose to sign up Instagram just to get a response back. 

6 hours ago, I'_rather_be_golfing said:

That is ridiculous to hear that. I don’t have instragram or do social media. Now I’m suppose to sign up Instagram just to get a response back. 

You don’t have to buy an Olson putter. 

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour