19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, chouls19 said:

And if so what did you think? 

Not sure you’re gonna get much info from people that have hit the products. In the threads dedicated to the releases, the first hand accounts have been removed because of embargo dates and non disclosure agreements. 

Edited by noodle3872

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

11 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

From what I've read / seen / heard:

Titliest: Very big step forward for them... If you are a Titliest fan but have been gaming a different driver, this one should bring you back into the fold... It's going to be in the conversation for driver of the year across the board next year, vs the niche "if it works for you, it works" they've been in for a few years.

Ping: They don't release things that aren't markedly better... The 410 is a top performing driver. The 425 will probably be the top performer but the looks will drive some off... I expect it to be driver of the year.

Cobra: I love Cobra! I'm excited about the RAD name. This driver will be fine. It's nothing new, but will have some improvement over the Speedzone.

Callaway: From the people who made the Epic Flash and the Mavrck comes this... a new driver from Callaway! Now with more Jon Rahm. 

Taylor Made: I've heard rumors of titanium face and carbon fiber body. Weight in the rear... Speed and forgiveness, together at last! Expect a conversation about improving club head speed through science.

Mizuno: I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure there drivers are on a 1 year release cycle... I'm hoping the ST200G goes down in price... My guess is they will have incremental improvement on the same basic design. 

I think the narrative for the drive side will be "Ping and Tilitest make up ground on TM and Callaway", but otherwise, I think it's going to be a fairly tepid year for new designs and large changes... I'm betting the 2022 designs will have some more RADical departures in design, but I'm not a scientist.

Cobra driver looks to be sneaky good this year, one of its biggest flaws last year was spin reduction, they look to have addressed it with the weights in the front this time around.

Mizuno’s new driver is called the ST-Z and ST-X, pictures of it are up on my IG @allgolfequipment 

The new Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max look great, new jailbreak is a rectangular bracket to keep the flex to a bare minimum, as far as performance I don’t see there being a massive improvement but who knows 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, mrmikeac said:

Cobra driver looks to be sneaky good this year, one of its biggest flaws last year was spin reduction, they look to have addressed it with the weights in the front this time around.

Mizuno’s new driver is called the ST-Z and ST-X, pictures of it are up on my IG @allgolfequipment 

The new Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max look great, new jailbreak is a rectangular bracket to keep the flex to a bare minimum, as far as performance I don’t see there being a massive improvement but who knows 

Cobra drivers tend to be sneaky good... Honestly, I didn't demo much this season, so I have no idea how the speedzone was. They just tend to release solid drivers with weird color schemes that work for some people... 

I'm still gaming an LTD Pro (but it's got a challenger I won elsewhere in a Cobra MAVRIK Sub Zero)

• Thanks 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

The pendulum of narrow-mindedness swings back and forth. 

First, it swung to the side of “10 more yards and 20% more fairways.” The claim was never true, but there were narrow minded sheep who believed that. 

Next, the claim of “10 more yards and 20% more fairways” became so patently absurd, that even the narrow minded sheep realized it wasn’t true, and the sheep started to make fun of the claim. 

Next, the OEM’s stopped make said untrue claims, presumably because there were no sheep left to fool, and started to release new drivers that fit more segments, and generally improve 1.5-2% in forgiveness and spin reduction over the previous models. 

That brings us to today. OEMs generally make incrementally better drivers, and at very least cater to more segments, while the narrow minded sheep, in the same manner as the stoned, 7th year college senior, proclaims that we are the tools for still believing those wild claims that we’ll gain those 10 more yards. 

smh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

Cobra drivers tend to be sneaky good... Honestly, I didn't demo much this season, so I have no idea how the speedzone was. They just tend to release solid drivers with weird color schemes that work for some people... 

I'm still gaming an LTD Pro (but it's got a challenger I won elsewhere in a Cobra MAVRIK Sub Zero)

The LTD pro was and still is Cobra’s best driver they’ve ever brought out, IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Titliest: Very big step forward for them... If you are a Titliest fan but have been gaming a different driver, this one should bring you back into the fold... It's going to be in the conversation for driver of the year across the board next year, vs the niche "if it works for you, it works" they've been in for a few years.

Ping: They don't release things that aren't markedly better... The 410 is a top performing driver. The 425 will probably be the top performer but the looks will drive some off... I expect it to be driver of the year.

Cobra: I love Cobra! I'm excited about the RAD name. This driver will be fine. It's nothing new, but will have some improvement over the Speedzone.

Callaway: From the people who made the Epic Flash and the Mavrck comes this... a new driver from Callaway! Now with more Jon Rahm. 

Taylor Made: I've heard rumors of titanium face and carbon fiber body. Weight in the rear... Speed and forgiveness, together at last! Expect a conversation about improving club head speed through science.

Mizuno: I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure there drivers are on a 1 year release cycle... I'm hoping the ST200G goes down in price... My guess is they will have incremental improvement on the same basic design. 

I think the narrative for the drive side will be "Ping and Tilitest make up ground on TM and Callaway", but otherwise, I think it's going to be a fairly tepid year for new designs and large changes... I'm betting the 2022 designs will have some more RADical departures in design, but I'm not a scientist.

4 hours ago, mrmikeac said:

Both these posts are pretty spot on.  

I’ll only add the new Wilson D9 is a big improvement over the D7.   But I’m sure most here will be interested in the Wilson Prototype for 2022, which could come to market in the late summer. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

6 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

Tsi3 is a monster. Longer, more forgiving and such a stable club. Huge gains on TS3. I'm playing the 9 lofted down to 8.25 with the tensi white raw 65x. Replaced my sim 9 lofted to 7 with the velocore ventus blue 6x. It is a touch higher spin but I can't loft it any further down unfortunately. The launch and pop on this thing is incredible. Alot of my mates have had a hit and everyone has the same first impression "long and sounds incredible". Personally I think this will be the driver to beat. I gained a TS2 for 6 months when they first came out and liked it but nothing like this. 

G425 Max and LST.  Both such a jump on the 410. I I gamed the g410 for a while and played a g400 max prior so have some ping experience. I'm not changing out but one of my best mates is off +3 and replaced his mavrik sub zero with the LST. He gamed the max for 2 weeks while his LST was on back order and even it was longer and more workable than the mavrik. The adjustments now available have helped alot. Imagine if this thing replaced the G400 that's how big of a jump the TSI is on the TS3. 

Care to quantify what "huge gains" are ?

How do you suppose they got these huge gains over the TS3 and the 410 ?

22221000645114.jpg

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

For those of you that hit the g425 lst and previously or currently game the 410 lst is it worth upgrading if the 410 works? I have heard some say the feel isn’t as good? What is making the the 425 an upgrade. I will be honest I’m one of guys who upgrade every year and I’m trying to convince myself I won’t be leaving anything on table if I keep what I currently have for 2021

Edited by MH2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t forget the Srixon ZX7 Driver.  Heard so many good things about it.  Never thought about gaming a Srixon driver before but this one has me intrigued.  I know the ZX7 driving/utility iron will certainly get a shot in my bag in 2021. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

22221000645114.jpg

Well, you do have to judiciously mix in some engineering along with the Miracle Whip for the "huge gains" !

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

Don’t forget the Srixon ZX7 Driver.  Heard so many good things about it.  Never thought about gaming a Srixon driver before but this one has me intrigued.  I know the ZX7 driving/utility iron will certainly get a shot in my bag in 2021. 

@My2Dogs I see in your subscript that you are gaming the AutoFlex.  Where were you able to procure it, and how are you getting along with it?

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

Snell - MTB  Black

2 hours ago, MH2 said:

For those of you that hit the g425 lst and previously or currently game the 410 lst is it worth upgrading if the 410 works? I have heard some say the feel isn’t as good? What is making the the 425 an upgrade. I will be honest I’m one of guys who upgrade every year and I’m trying to convince myself I won’t be leaving anything on table if I keep what I currently have for 2021

As with most things, your mileage may vary.  The thing with PING is that they don't bring something out unless it is better than the last version (evidence there was no MAX in the 410, because the G400 Max was sooo damn good).  Huge gains - no, those are found if you wait a few years between upgrades, but if you are looking to not leave ANYTHING on the table, then test away on the 425.  Seems like you've got the $ built into your golf budget to upgrade every year, which not all of us can get past our CFO/spousal unit.

• Like 1

Snell - MTB  Black

6 hours ago, nsxguy said:

22221000645114.jpg

I did clarify this. 1 - longer, 2 - more forgiveness 3 - so stable 

I was fitted for my TS3 by titleist at a demo day. I was fitted for my TSI by my local pro on his track man. In TS3 I had the evenflow white T1100. Now have tensi raw. Maybe this is a factor I don't know but every partner I have played with since gaming the tsi has commented on my driving improvements so I'm not the only one noticing. 

My brother in law has hit my TSI (current gamer TD3 aldila RIP Phantom in X) and his even driven the ball further with less side deviation. 

G410 I gamed it with the evenflow black. Was a good club but never a wow club like the G400 Max was (tour 75 shaft). My friend who now has the G425 has played ping Woods since G30. Went into the mavrik as the G410 he could never get the spin down while maintaining high launch. G425 he has not had this issue at all and is stripping it again now and has full control which he likes. 

Only my findings and my playing mates. Everyone will be different. Want to see real comparisons for yourselves get fitted and play socially with the drivers side by side. 

• Like 1

TSi. 2 or 3. Whatever floats your boat. I told myself I’d wait till next year to try all the new goodies. But I was coming from a Ping G15 driver. So yes, there was a significant jump in performance. And the TSi3 looks phenomenal at address, so I pulled the trigger.

I’m a little weird on the look of my clubs. I’ll sacrifice a little performance if I like the look of them. I refuse to believe anything coming next year will give me that warm and fuzzy feeling as the TSi3 at address. So here I am.

Now I just need to figure out whether I’m doing the 5 wood or not........

8 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

I did clarify this. 1 - longer, 2 - more forgiveness 3 - so stable 

I was fitted for my TS3 by titleist at a demo day. I was fitted for my TSI by my local pro on his track man. In TS3 I had the evenflow white T1100. Now have tensi raw. Maybe this is a factor I don't know but every partner I have played with since gaming the tsi has commented on my driving improvements so I'm not the only one noticing.

With all due respect, you're not new around here.

When you write "Tsi3 is a monster. Longer, more forgiving and such a stable club. Huge gains on TS3" you know what the more impressionable, especially newer, golfers are going to think.

Seems to me you're now saying/clarifying your consistency and dispersion are improving noticeably, and that most likely due to a new/better fitting of the shaft. Cool beans. Shafts can certainly make a big difference in outcomes.

Thanks for the clarification. And proof that (true) fittings work. 👍

• Like 4

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Am I the only one who hit the TSi3 and wasn't impressed?  I hit one with the RDX Smoke shaft and Ball speed was actually a few MPH higher with my 2014 Adams XTD, maybe the shaft wasn't a great fit for me. Club felt great, sounded awesome, but the balls just didn't have the pop that my Adams does.

• Like 1

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

On 12/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, Myherobobhope said:

I think this is the "leap" year for drivers. I think everyone will be better this year. Based on what I have seen, I think each OEM is offering something different. 

The SIM2 is much different from the SIM. The Epic has some big changes. Srixon and Mizuno are pushing hard to be considered. Cobra going for low spin on the RAD. No info on the ping but Ping always takes steps forward even if it is small. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

45 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I think this is the "leap" year for drivers. I think everyone will be better this year. Based on what I have seen, I think each OEM is offering something different. 

The SIM2 is much different from the SIM. The Epic has some big changes. Srixon and Mizuno are pushing hard to be considered. Cobra going for low spin on the RAD. No info on the ping but Ping always takes steps forward even if it is small. 

Maybe? I think we are headed toward a singularity where drivers are pretty much optimized and it’s just what fits your swing and eye... I don’t see any major leaps in technology this year that will massively set one driver apart from everything else.

that’s not to say they aren’t better than last year, just marginally so. I do think there will be lots of great options this year, but anyone who bought a 2020 driver will probably be ok not upgrading.

• Like 3

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore