Anyone hit any 2021 drivers already?

I agree - different swing speeds would be useful, but realistically, probably not that practical. ย It looks like TXGย are shooting video which is currently taking 2-3 full working days (if you include all that editing time). ย Those 2-3 days are just getting a run through of all the equipment with one golfer - they could fill their week of shooting by adding one more speed level.

ย 

But then the basically would become a production company and I think they have a golf business to run.

ย 

I know 2ndย Swing is branching out in this space, but they have a long way to go with increasing production values and equipment / fitting insight. ย This is not a criticism - if you watch early TXG videos they were also a little rough. ย They have become much more polished in the last six months.

ย 

if nothing else, we are going to become spoiled for choice. ย 
ย 

From a business perspective, I wonder if the material drives enough traffic for equipment sales / YouTube ad revenue, etc.. ย Being in Toronto for TXG or Minnetonka for 2ndย Swing is not like being in New York (volume of people) or somewhere west or South where you get the benefit of golf all the time.

3 hours ago, idontnoh said:

Feel like Iโ€™m becoming the Mizuno homer (best value, right now) but TXG weighed in on the non-four:

ย 

ย 

Great sound from the Srixon and Mizuno, but NO COMPARISON when it comes to value.ย  If it fits you (they indicated the Mizzy is non-adjustable), you've got yourself a DEAL !

ย 

Wonder if PXG can compete numbers-wise, as their pricing has been aggressive (in a way that we don't usually think of when PXG is the topic).

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W -ย Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RSย  &ย  TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotexย 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTBย  Black

ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, lordemsworth said:

I agree - different swing speeds would be useful, but realistically, probably not that practical. ย It looks like TXGย are shooting video which is currently taking 2-3 full working days (if you include all that editing time). ย Those 2-3 days are just getting a run through of all the equipment with one golfer - they could fill their week of shooting by adding one more speed level.

ย 

But then the basically would become a production company and I think they have a golf business to run.

ย 

I know 2ndย Swing is branching out in this space, but they have a long way to go with increasing production values and equipment / fitting insight. ย This is not a criticism - if you watch early TXG videos they were also a little rough. ย They have become much more polished in the last six months.

ย 

if nothing else, we are going to become spoiled for choice. ย 
ย 

From a business perspective, I wonder if the material drives enough traffic for equipment sales / YouTube ad revenue, etc.. ย Being in Toronto for TXG or Minnetonka for 2ndย Swing is not like being in New York (volume of people) or somewhere west or South where you get the benefit of golf all the time.

ย 

The Greater Toronto Area has well over 5 million people (probably 6 or 7 by now) and has some really high per capita golfer numbers. It's not NY, but it's not too far off.

• Like 3

Iโ€™m glad they are here in Toronto - Greater NYC area is 20 million people. ย But maybe more competition as well:ย Tour Spec Golf, New York Golf Centre, other places. ย 

ย 

The NYC population would potentially help with Nov-March winter period where we all go into hibernation.

ย 

ย 

We couldn't find a combo that got the Srixon where we wanted it in order to push the other top choices in my fitting, but if you want the feel of a classic Titleist driver than you will enjoy the Srixon a lot. Especially at its price point.

ย 

Super FADE biased.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0ย 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

On 1/22/2021 at 7:03 PM, dlow206 said:

I've found the TSi2 to be more neutral for me compared to the SIM Max which was right side biased for me. I am thinking the Epic Max might be a better fit if it in fact does have a bit of draw bias to it.

ย 

ย 

Kinda done now.....I know you aren't playing right now but keep your tsi2 if working.....I am! Just amazing auto pilot like action!

Hit the Cobra RAD outdoors today. Both models. Each had something I didnt love.

ย 

The sound on the B model was really weird and hollow. The shape not great either (elongated). The Speed had a much nicer shape, but is actually a metallic blue color? Was distracting in the sun.

ย 

Also I can't get over the infinity faces on all the models. Not my thing.

ย 

ย 

PRDYMTC TOURย ย 9.8ยฐย +ย UB6ย / PRDYMTCย ย 15ยฐ@16ย +ย UB6ย / MVRKTCย 18ยฐย +ย UB8ย /ย G430ย 26ยฐ@25+ย IZ95ย / FRGD TEC5-Gย + MODUS115ย / MD5TCย / SPDR EXTCย + GPS

Got fit today and got to hit the Ping G425 LST, Taylormade SIM 2, Titleist TSi2, and Callaway Epic Max. I did get along with SIM at all. It just wasn't the right head for me. I wanted to like the LST, but I wasn't getting the best carry numbers with it. It came down to the TSi2 and the Epic Max. They were nearly identical in center strikes, but the Epic Max won by a large margin on mishits. I found it significantly more forgiving for my swing and it kept my worst strikes in play....and still plenty long. A lot of good drivers this year. I'm sure everyone can find something that'll outperform your gamer in one way or another.

Titleist TSR3 - D

Titleist TSR3 - 4W

Titleist T200 - 4i

Titleist T150 - 5-GW

Vokey SM9 - 52ยบ - 56ยบ - 60ยบ

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

31 minutes ago, luckypolk said:

Got fit today and got to hit the Ping G425 LST, Taylormade SIM 2, Titleist TSi2, and Callaway Epic Max. I did get along with SIM at all. It just wasn't the right head for me. I wanted to like the LST, but I wasn't getting the best carry numbers with it. It came down to the TSi2 and the Epic Max. They were nearly identical in center strikes, but the Epic Max won by a large margin on mishits. I found it significantly more forgiving for my swing and it kept my worst strikes in play....and still plenty long. A lot of good drivers this year. I'm sure everyone can find something that'll outperform your gamer in one way or another.

ย 

ย 

Just curious as to why you didn't hit max version of ping and taylormade?ย  You hit both lower spinning models vs Titleist and Callaway higher spinning , higher launching and more forgiving modelsย 

43 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

ย 

ย 

Just curious as to why you didn't hit max version of ping and taylormade?ย  You hit both lower spinning models vs Titleist and Callaway higher spinning , higher launching and more forgiving modelsย 

The LST isn't super low spinning, at least for me. The spin numbers were good, but I just wasn't getting any bang out of it. The Max would've thrown spin too high. And to be honest, I'm not sure which SIM head I hit. I was doing my best not to look at heads and shafts so I wouldn't throw any bias into my swing, if that makes sense. I knew it was a SIM from the look obviously, but didn't look more into it than that. I guess it was one of those cases where I just let the fitter work and didn't think twice. I am naturally low launch with mid to high spin. I think he threw me in TSi2 to get launch and see what would happen. Spin was fine so no need to see TSi3. Same with Callaway, spin numbers were fine so no need to see LS or the other one. At least for me, the heads weren't exactly tied to their marketing. The ones that were supposed to be low spin didn't always fit there and the ones that are supposed to be more forgiving weren't always high spin, at least for my delivery. The four I mentioned all had correct spin numbers. Some I just hit better than others thanks to built in forgiveness.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 - D

Titleist TSR3 - 4W

Titleist T200 - 4i

Titleist T150 - 5-GW

Vokey SM9 - 52ยบ - 56ยบ - 60ยบ

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

16 minutes ago, luckypolk said:

The LST isn't super low spinning, at least for me. The spin numbers were good, but I just wasn't getting any bang out of it. The Max would've thrown spin too high. And to be honest, I'm not sure which SIM head I hit. I was doing my best not to look at heads and shafts so I wouldn't throw any bias into my swing, if that makes sense. I knew it was a SIM from the look obviously, but didn't look more into it than that. I guess it was one of those cases where I just let the fitter work and didn't think twice. I am naturally low launch with mid to high spin. I think he threw me in TSi2 to get launch and see what would happen. Spin was fine so no need to see TSi3. Same with Callaway, spin numbers were fine so no need to see LS or the other one. At least for me, the heads weren't exactly tied to their marketing. The ones that were supposed to be low spin didn't always fit there and the ones that are supposed to be more forgiving weren't always high spin, at least for my delivery. The four I mentioned all had correct spin numbers. Some I just hit better than others thanks to built in forgiveness.

ย 

ย 

Nice , and I'm currently using/demo with tsi2 and only want to hit epic max and now you got me thinking.....the tsi2 , for my swing, just works ! Thanks for input

8 minutes ago, easyyy said:

I have 2 standouts so far.

ย 

TSi3 and Ping 425 Max

ย 

Both act the same. Insane effortless ball speeds, lower spin and great stability. The Ping feels more stable but only time on the course will tell. Yet to play the Cally, TM and Cobra. But hit them.ย 

ย 

Here was a rip I took with the Ping 425 Max 9.0 45.25" D3 w/ Tensei Orange 65 stiff tipped 1/2" today. My computer froze and I lost the session. That would have been better since there were no wild fliers to the right or left.ย Consistentย spin and dispersion.

ย 

ย 

IMG_5009.jpeg

ย 

ย 

Did you have yours hotmelted for sound?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

ย 

ย 

Did you have yours hotmelted for sound?

ย 

No.

ย 

The 425 max has a great feel off the face. The sound isn't muted but not tin can sound either.ย There is a feel of face flex and a sound of thin walls that suggests it will catapult faster. Iย won't hotmelt this head. Nervous to change a thing.

46 minutes ago, easyyy said:

ย 

No.

ย 

The 425 max has a great feel off the face. The sound isn't muted but not tin can sound either.ย There is a feel of face flex and a sound of thin walls that suggests it will catapult faster. Iย won't hotmelt this head. Nervous to change a thing.

ย 

ย 

Different strokes ......hit only indoors but sound was eerily similar to the cult classic LV4......stability was obvious but I guess I'm too sensitiveย 

Hit the Mizuno STZย and PING G425 Max for a while. Enjoyed both. Sound, feel and address for theย Mizuno STZ with Motore F1 was great, but, with my guarding from the over-cut/slice, the PING was easier to work with. I want the moveable weights the PING offers.

ย 

PING didn't sound as good as the Mizuno, but noticeably better than the G410+ IMO. Felt great with the Tensei Raw Orange where I saw similar numbers as my G410+.

ย 

I'll be upgradingย to the G425 Max simply for the better control and stability. I believe I'll stick with the Tensei;ย this head needs counterbalancing at stock config IMO. At least until some lighter weights come out.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2ย 18* 5Wย Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7Wย Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6Hย Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7Hย Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54*ย PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58*ย PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

18 minutes ago, sshadow2 said:

Hit the Mizuno STZย and PING G425 Max for a while. Enjoyed both. Sound, feel and address for theย Mizuno STZ with Motore F1 was great, but, with my guarding from the over-cut/slice, the PING was easier to work with. I want the moveable weights the PING offers.

ย 

PING didn't sound as good as the Mizuno, but noticeably better than the G410+ IMO. Felt great with the Tensei Raw Orange where I saw similar numbers as my G410+.

ย 

I'll be upgradingย to the G425 Max simply for the better control and stability. I believe I'll stick with the Tensei;ย this head needs counterbalancing at stock config IMO. At least until some lighter weights come out.

ย 

ย 

Have you tried Tsi2 at all? Very similar stability but significantly better sound/feel IMHO-YMMV

3 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

ย 

ย 

Have you tried Tsi2 at all? Very similar stability but significantly better sound/feel IMHO-YMMV

I didn't.

ย 

PGATSS in my area is treating every new prod tryout as a fitting time. Appointments, limited time, etc. Had enough time for only the 2. I'm interested in TSi2 but in all likelihood will stick with PING for 2 reasons: 1) theirย draw/fade weight system is better than anyone else's, and 2) I have 2 aftermarket shafts for my 410+ that share the same sleeve as the 425 Max.

ย 

I'm not too bothered by the soundย of PINGs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2ย 18* 5Wย Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7Wย Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6Hย Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7Hย Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54*ย PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58*ย PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3