Anyone hit any 2021 drivers already?

21 minutes ago, kalervo said:

I'm looking for a new driver that I could order at 44,5" straight from the brand, with some reasonable swingweight of D1-D2. What are my options? I've heard TaylorMade doesn't adjust swingweights for the factory orders, which is a shame as SIM would've been one option. 

Your best option is likely Titleist, maybe Ping, imo. Everything I’ve got from Titleist has been pretty spot on for Swingweight.  

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

8 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Your best option is likely Titleist, maybe Ping, imo. Everything I’ve got from Titleist has been pretty spot on for Swingweight.  

Thanks! I was thinking of Ping G425 LST as it comes in D4 and 45,25", so wouldn't need as much extra weight when cut. But so you're saying Titleist could provide the clubs from the factory with correct settings dialed in, so no extra hassle with finding a clubbuilder etc.? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, J-Zone said:

Hit them this weekend, and here’s my subjective rankings, heads were all set to as close to 10* as possible and Rogue White used for 3/5 heads and then RDX Black for the TSI3 and 2.0 SIM:

Performance
TSi3
Max LS
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max

Feel
Max LS
TSI3 
425 LST

2.0 Standard

425Max

Sound
Max LS
TSI3
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max

Spin

Max LS
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max
TSI3

Will end up in a TSI3 to start the season and/or possible Max LS.

What were the spin windows for the TSi3 and Max LS?  The TSi3 is pretty darn low spin for me.  I’ve watched a few online reviews of the Max LS and the couple I watched the spin numbers were pretty high- 2500-3000.  It goes to show that everybody needs to get out and hit everything themselves.

1 minute ago, kalervo said:

Thanks! I was thinking of Ping G425 LST as it comes in D4 and 45,25", so wouldn't need as much extra weight when cut. But so you're saying Titleist could provide the clubs from the factory with correct settings dialed in, so no extra hassle with finding a clubbuilder etc.? 

Yep. Titleist is good about trying to accommodate SW requests.  I requested my TSi3 to be in the D3-D4 range at 45” (.5in below standard) and it came in at a hair above D3 with the +2g weight in the back. Now, it may be harder if you are requesting 44.5” and using a counterbalanced shaft.  I find Ping heads are good at short lengths with CBed shafts, because the heads generally weigh a lot.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

What were the spin windows for the TSi3 and Max LS?  The TSi3 is pretty darn low spin for me.  I’ve watched a few online reviews of the Max LS and the couple I watched the spin numbers were pretty high- 2500-3000.  It goes to show that everybody needs to get out and hit everything themselves.

Max LS was the lowest of all them, and the only one sub 2K at times. 
TSI3 was more, because of the 10* loft and also Stiff flex vs traditional X flex for me.

Didn’t see any of the 5 drivers above 3K and all were within 2200-2600 for the most part.

• Like 1

I gamed a Sim last year w a Ventus black 6x and we have a love hate relationship. When I hit it good, its GOOOD, but it just gets sporadic at time. I hit the G425 max, one of the easiest driver to hit that I've ever hit. I am most likely gonna put a g425 LST 9 w a Ventus blue 6x probably as my gamers. long easier to hit and really forgiving for a players like head

• Like 1

Pretty much in love with my new Titleist TSi3. Shaft is Aerotech Ti Fiber Tour 60.  Coming from a SIM w the same shaft. The TSi3 is a little longer and the mishits are very straight. I like the deeper face too, seems like I have more usable area to hit the ball. Can't beat the looks and feel. I've been very impressed with the TSi3 on the course. I haven't tried any of the other 2021 drivers but I'd be surprised if any of them beat the TSi3. 

• Like 3

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

59 minutes ago, FairwayFred said:

Pretty much in love with my new Titleist TSi3. Shaft is Aerotech Ti Fiber Tour 60.  Coming from a SIM w the same shaft. The TSi3 is a little longer and the mishits are very straight. I like the deeper face too, seems like I have more usable area to hit the ball. Can't beat the looks and feel. I've been very impressed with the TSi3 on the course. I haven't tried any of the other 2021 drivers but I'd be surprised if any of them beat the TSi3. 

Ti Fiber is a great shaft that is pretty under the radar.  Played the 70g version in my G400 Max.  Was thinking of throwing a Titleist tip on it, thanks for reminding me.  

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

10 hours ago, getair23 said:

Ti Fiber is a great shaft that is pretty under the radar.  Played the 70g version in my G400 Max.  Was thinking of throwing a Titleist tip on it, thanks for reminding me.  

Love the TiFiber shaft. Definitely flies under the radar for some reason.  I have a 70g version in my 3 wood.  Incredibly stable and the bend profile is perfect for my swing. 

• Like 1

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

On 1/18/2021 at 2:51 PM, golfmatt said:

Sounds like it would be a bit illegal, they aren't allowed to make them any faster than they are. Would be cool to see how far you could make it go though

yea....it would be cool to see that tech....but i know its ilegal....just making a point about all the new "tech" thats in these drivers.....one of TM's latest is removing thesliding weight to save mass...why was it ever put in???  lol...old is new??? idk....these companies move weight all over the place, reshape things and blah blah blah...charge us $500 for 1 club you hit 12-14x a round with minimal distance gains...even over clubs 10 yrs old.... its crazy.....its all about marketing

I want to find something that is slightly draw biased. SIM Max was too right side biased for me last year. TSi 2 right now seems pretty neutral but I still over fade it a bit at times on decently struck balls. A couple of yards left on those over fades would be hitting a fairway on my course vs. hitting a tree that lines the fairway.

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

yea....it would be cool to see that tech....but i know its ilegal....just making a point about all the new "tech" thats in these drivers.....one of TM's latest is removing thesliding weight to save mass...why was it ever put in???  lol...old is new??? idk....these companies move weight all over the place, reshape things and blah blah blah...charge us $500 for 1 club you hit 12-14x a round with minimal distance gains...even over clubs 10 yrs old.... its crazy.....its all about marketing

Yeah is so true, question though, if you worked for one of them what would you do? Not going to be very successful if you stop making drivers, only option is to be creative in the hope that something appeals to someone when the previous version didn't.

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I want to find something that is slightly draw biased. SIM Max was too right side biased for me last year. TSi 2 right now seems pretty neutral but I still over fade it a bit at times on decently struck balls. A couple of yards left on those over fades would be hitting a fairway on my course vs. hitting a tree that lines the fairway.

Sim2.0 Max sounds right in your wheel house 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, kalervo said:

I'm looking for a new driver that I could order at 44,5" straight from the brand, with some reasonable swingweight of D1-D2. What are my options? I've heard TaylorMade doesn't adjust swingweights for the factory orders, which is a shame as SIM would've been one option. 

Same!  likely the reason I won't order Sim 2 even though I'd like to......

I just paid $550 for a Pars and Stripes Speedzone a few months ago. Ben Hogan would have to descend from golf heaven  and impregnate Tiger Woods and their offspring would have to hit my tee shots foe the rest of my life for me to consider spending a penny on another driver. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So far ive hit the SIM2, g425, and tsi3. Not really interested in cobra, cally, or mizuno, as they just seem like a rebrand/paintjob from previous models. If i were to name a driver of the year or buy a 2021 driver it would be the tsi3. Miles improvement over the ts3. The other two are good and as good, dont get me wrong. However that being said im sticking with my 2020 SIM as it offers something none of these do. 

9 hours ago, Red4282 said:

So far ive hit the SIM2, g425, and tsi3. Not really interested in cobra, cally, or mizuno, as they just seem like a rebrand/paintjob from previous models. If i were to name a driver of the year or buy a 2021 driver it would be the tsi3. Miles improvement over the ts3. The other two are good and as good, dont get me wrong. However that being said im sticking with my 2020 SIM as it offers something none of these do. 

Is what your SIM’s offering start with a dollar sign followed by a 5, a second 5 and a 0 still being in your pocket?

• Haha 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I had a detailed fitting at a top local golf shop.    They just got in the epic speed and sim 2, so I hit those, the TSI 2, the TSI 3 and the 425.    I will admit after reading everything here and a few swings with the Ping and TSI 2 at a local golf galaxy, I went in just knowing I was coming home with a TSI 2.    I had an hour fitting, hit them all with many different shafts (they have every shaft known to man available).    To sum it up, Ping 425 came in last for me.    Looks wise, feel wise, and performance wise.   4th place was TSI 3.   Nothing against it, I just wasn’t beast enough for it.   Looks wise and feel wise it was tops, but I hit bullets with it.   3rd was Sim 2.   Great performance, but I didn’t like the feel/sound, and also after looking at the clean lines of the titleist and Epic, i wasn’t a fan of the look and the blue accents.   2nd place was TSI 2.  As I mentioned, I wanted this to win, so maybe the 10% extra I put into the swings hurt it, but I tried multiple shafts in this one and the EPIC, and the EPIC won every time.    I ended up with Epic speed with Fuji evolution VII speeder 661 shaft.    I swing around 100 mph and I go after it hard, and this shaft kept up with me the best.    Every time I hit the EPIC (5 balls each head/shaft combo) you could through a blanket over them, as the dispersion was so tight and the ball speeds were so much higher.   Looks and feel wise, the EPIC speed was 2nd for me.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have hit everything, but the Epic LS.  Hearing some rumblings about it being solid this year.  Interested to try it, but it looks like it is going to come down to the TSi3 or Sim2 Max for me.   This year seems like the year of pick what you like the sound of and look of and then get fit to it.  Such a low variance between drivers this year it seems like, but we are early in the process.

• Like 1

Spent 90 minutes hitting Epic Speed 9° and Max LS 9° on GC Quad using my Tensei Pro White 50S. My best results were with the Speed turned down to 8°. Launch was solid at 16°, ball speed averaged 147.2 mph and spin was 2377 rpm on average. The LS 9° was a bit too low spin for me on this test. I had a few too many 1500 rpm shots with it. The LS 10.5° was better but still not as consistent shot to shot as the Speed 9° turned down to 8°. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

12 hours ago, css44 said:

I had a detailed fitting at a top local golf shop.    They just got in the epic speed and sim 2, so I hit those, the TSI 2, the TSI 3 and the 425.    I will admit after reading everything here and a few swings with the Ping and TSI 2 at a local golf galaxy, I went in just knowing I was coming home with a TSI 2.    I had an hour fitting, hit them all with many different shafts (they have every shaft known to man available).    To sum it up, Ping 425 came in last for me.    Looks wise, feel wise, and performance wise.   4th place was TSI 3.   Nothing against it, I just wasn’t beast enough for it.   Looks wise and feel wise it was tops, but I hit bullets with it.   3rd was Sim 2.   Great performance, but I didn’t like the feel/sound, and also after looking at the clean lines of the titleist and Epic, i wasn’t a fan of the look and the blue accents.   2nd place was TSI 2.  As I mentioned, I wanted this to win, so maybe the 10% extra I put into the swings hurt it, but I tried multiple shafts in this one and the EPIC, and the EPIC won every time.    I ended up with Epic speed with Fuji evolution VII speeder 661 shaft.    I swing around 100 mph and I go after it hard, and this shaft kept up with me the best.    Every time I hit the EPIC (5 balls each head/shaft combo) you could through a blanket over them, as the dispersion was so tight and the ball speeds were so much higher.   Looks and feel wise, the EPIC speed was 2nd for me.   

I'm currently using a tsi2 as a long term demo......did you see a difference in distance compared to Speed or just the better dispersion?  Also , and this is nitpicking,  how does the Speed sit at address compared to both Titleist heads? Got any pics ?

11 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Spent 90 minutes hitting Epic Speed 9° and Max LS 9° on GC Quad using my Tensei Pro White 50S. My best results were with the Speed turned down to 8°. Launch was solid at 16°, ball speed averaged 147.2 mph and spin was 2377 rpm on average. The LS 9° was a bit too low spin for me on this test. I had a few too many 1500 rpm shots with it. The LS 10.5° was better but still not as consistent shot to shot as the Speed 9° turned down to 8°. 

Did you find the Speed to be more stable than last years mavrik if you hit it? The address position......does the Speed seem like a slightly bigger version of the TSi3? 

5 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Did you find the Speed to be more stable than last years mavrik if you hit it? The address position......does the Speed seem like a slightly bigger version of the TSi3? 

The Speed is better at managing spin on my low middle strike. I  seems to launch the ball a bit higher with Speed 9° than my Mavrik 9°. I’ve probably hit 200 balls with the Speed 9° and 75 with LS 9°. I’m going back this week to try the LS 10.5° to see if with the extra loft the spin will come up to a more all around playable level. And to have another go with Speed 9°. The Speed is a small move forward from Mavrik. They look very similar at address. The Speed offers me a bit more distance on my typical low strike because it keeps the spin off a touch better and the natural higher launch of the head combine to eek out a extra could yards over my Mavrik. Time will tell if I’m upgrading or not. 

• Thanks 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

29 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

The Speed is better at managing spin on my low middle strike. I  seems to launch the ball a bit higher with Speed 9° than my Mavrik 9°. I’ve probably hit 200 balls with the Speed 9° and 75 with LS 9°. I’m going back this week to try the LS 10.5° to see if with the extra loft the spin will come up to a more all around playable level. And to have another go with Speed 9°. The Speed is a small move forward from Mavrik. They look very similar at address. The Speed offers me a bit more distance on my typical low strike because it keeps the spin off a touch better and the natural higher launch of the head combine to eek out a extra could yards over my Mavrik. Time will tell if I’m upgrading or not. 

Funny thing is between the Average golfer review,  txg review and @bcflyguy1 I'm leaning towards Epic Max with adjustable wgt towards toe......maybe......I'm hitting tsi2 in play all day right now but would love just a shade of spin reduction while keeping high forgiveness.......gonna be fun trial period!  

On 12/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, rkelso184 said:

Tsi3 is a monster. Longer, more forgiving and such a stable club. Huge gains on TS3. I'm playing the 9 lofted down to 8.25 with the tensi white raw 65x. Replaced my sim 9 lofted to 7 with the velocore ventus blue 6x. It is a touch higher spin but I can't loft it any further down unfortunately. The launch and pop on this thing is incredible. Alot of my mates have had a hit and everyone has the same first impression "long and sounds incredible". Personally I think this will be the driver to beat. I gained a TS2 for 6 months when they first came out and liked it but nothing like this. 

G425 Max and LST.  Both such a jump on the 410. I I gamed the g410 for a while and played a g400 max prior so have some ping experience. I'm not changing out but one of my best mates is off +3 and replaced his mavrik sub zero with the LST. He gamed the max for 2 weeks while his LST was on back order and even it was longer and more workable than the mavrik. The adjustments now available have helped alot. Imagine if this thing replaced the G400 that's how big of a jump the TSI is on the TS3. 

Thanks for this feedback!

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

Funny thing is between the Average golfer review,  txg review and @bcflyguy1 I'm leaning towards Epic Max with adjustable wgt towards toe......maybe......I'm hitting tsi2 in play all day right now but would love just a shade of spin reduction while keeping high forgiveness.......gonna be fun trial period!  

I am playing the TSi 2 right now and also pondering the Epic Max (haven't hit the Epic Max). Do you find the TSi 2 to be pretty neutral?