2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

For the radar I have mine setup a little different. it almost the same as the picture maxspeed posted but i angle the radar 45* the screen points at my right hip (thats how i understood SSRs instructions at least)

I took 1.5 weeks off as our weather had a bit a rain and my normal spot just got muddy, and I am killing the grass (HOA dont assess me!).

. Our gyms are starting to open up and I am getting the itch to start lifting again to see if I can get some bryson gains (but obviously still little worried about covid, its been over a year since I have lifted or done any gym workouts)

I am on week 5 training. Started the session 115.33 avg and ended at 125 avg. I am sustaining the speed. the gains are coming in slowly now

• Like 1

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

This thread convinced me to take the plunge on this little device. I felt like my swing is in a pretty good place, I'm just looking for a bit more speed. My driver SS will sit around 100-105, typically, maxing out at around 108, but I think I have more in the tank.

The MSS arrived today, after a brief USPS-induced hiccup. Nicely packaged, which I appreciate from a small company. The device itself seems well made - the weights and the screw mechanism thing definitely seem robust.

I did the first day of the protocols this evening and man... I probably should have warned up more because I was a little sore after (User error, for sure). The wildest thing was swinging my driver right after finishing the exercise - it felt like super head heavy, but I could tell that I swung the thing super fast, probably to the max of my current capabilities. And that wasn't exerting any extreme effort or anything. Just... swing and a big whoosh.

Unfortunately the PRGR launch monitor that arrived yesterday didn't seem to register my air swings too well. My first driver swing was in the 80's, which obviously wasn't accurate. Next time I'll try to hit some balls before and after to get some more accurate readings. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

Into week seven now.  Average SS, 100.46; ball speed, 149.26; smash, 1.40.  All down a slight tick from last week, but still acceptable.  Had a few more launch angle anomalies than I normally see, resulting in significantly shorter carries on average. 

Sticking with a more abbreviated schedule, fewer reps and  fewer sessions, for the time being. 

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

We are got some warmer weather today!

So it felt good to get out... and it showed right from the start. still on week 5-6 training. I was averaging 123.67 before the session. then I finally hit a new PR average at the end 129.67!

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

I got mine a few weeks ago... haven't started training yet but I have a quick story.

USPS damaged my shipment and the shaft arrived bent. When I contacted the e-mail address on the MaxSwingSpeed website, Andrew responded to me in a LITERAL 4 minutes. A replacement was shipped out the next day at no cost, and I was reimbursed $15 to ship the bent shaft back so they could initiate a claim with the postal service.

A+ customer service and worthy of sharing for some good PR!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 10* Tensei Blue

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

27 minutes ago, Celeras said:

I got mine a few weeks ago... haven't started training yet but I have a quick story.

USPS damaged my shipment and the shaft arrived bent. When I contacted the e-mail address on the MaxSwingSpeed website, Andrew responded to me in a LITERAL 4 minutes. A replacement was shipped out the next day at no cost, and I was reimbursed $15 to ship the bent shaft back so they could initiate a claim with the postal service.

Yeah, so many stories of good customer service with this company...wish nothing but the best going forward. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

On 3/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, MaineMariner said:

This thread convinced me to take the plunge on this little device. I felt like my swing is in a pretty good place, I'm just looking for a bit more speed. My driver SS will sit around 100-105, typically, maxing out at around 108, but I think I have more in the tank.

The MSS arrived today, after a brief USPS-induced hiccup. Nicely packaged, which I appreciate from a small company. The device itself seems well made - the weights and the screw mechanism thing definitely seem robust.

I did the first day of the protocols this evening and man... I probably should have warned up more because I was a little sore after (User error, for sure). The wildest thing was swinging my driver right after finishing the exercise - it felt like super head heavy, but I could tell that I swung the thing super fast, probably to the max of my current capabilities. And that wasn't exerting any extreme effort or anything. Just... swing and a big whoosh.

Unfortunately the PRGR launch monitor that arrived yesterday didn't seem to register my air swings too well. My first driver swing was in the 80's, which obviously wasn't accurate. Next time I'll try to hit some balls before and after to get some more accurate readings. 

Glad everything arrived safe and sound after the delay. Definitely warm up to the point where you're confidant in giving it a max effort. I want to read about progress not injuries 😜 It is amazing how quickly you can see a speed change. I have done tests with people giving them only one swing with each weight and they'll pick up 5-10 mph just from getting their body "primed" to move faster. 

As for the PRGR, I believe you'll only get accurate numbers hitting a ball with it. I think being doppler based it needs to follow the ball to extrapolate the rest of the data. 

Good luck with the speed training! Looking forward to seeing how you get on and thanks again for your order!

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 3/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, stryper said:

Into week seven now.  Average SS, 100.46; ball speed, 149.26; smash, 1.40.  All down a slight tick from last week, but still acceptable.  Had a few more launch angle anomalies than I normally see, resulting in significantly shorter carries on average. 

Sticking with a more abbreviated schedule, fewer reps and  fewer sessions, for the time being. 

The tracking you've been doing and sharing with us here has inspired me to create a new test for an abbreviated training protocol. I'm arranging a few testers here in Vegas and will share results as I think it may be very beneficial for some as it has been for you. Seems like it may have been an off day on the contact front but knowing you're consistent with the training I'm sure it'll get back on track.

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

16 hours ago, Celeras said:

Really appreciate the kind words and patience in dealing with the shipping mishap. Looking forward to following along with you as you hunt for more speed! 

Thanks again!

www.maxswingspeed.com

Hey Gents, I have taken a couple of weeks off after finishing the 8 week training protocol.  I had some serious gains in swing speed doing those.  I moved from NC to Oregon (which is the reason for the break) and the movers will come this week.  I think I’ll probably go through the protocols again unless something more advanced ends up on the site.  However, will say that the combination of higher altitude, dry fairways and higher swing speed gave me some seriously good drives this week!  Everybody keep up the good work!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

Got another session in. I like that my average is up

Today will be my last day of the week 5-6 training

I will start week 7 next session

This session I started at 121 MPH average and ended at 128 MPH average.

im starting to focus more on training gain speed with each weight. for example for the longest time i was stuck at 146 mph PR with the one weight. I got it to 149 finally. And i try to do that with all weights if i can remember lol (i get winded easily)

• Like 1

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

8 hours ago, pgetzen said:

Hey Gents, I have taken a couple of weeks off after finishing the 8 week training protocol.  I had some serious gains in swing speed doing those.  I moved from NC to Oregon (which is the reason for the break) and the movers will come this week.  I think I’ll probably go through the protocols again unless something more advanced ends up on the site.  However, will say that the combination of higher altitude, dry fairways and higher swing speed gave me some seriously good drives this week!  Everybody keep up the good work!

Congrats on the move and the speed gains! Nothing wrong with going through the normal protocols again but I was able to get the advanced training up on the site if you're interested in giving it a go. I'm also testing a new set of routines as we speak so I will hopefully have those up in the next week or so. 

https://www.maxswingspeed.com/advanced-training

Thanks again and I hope Oregon treats you well. 

www.maxswingspeed.com

10 minutes ago, vietnameeh said:

Got another session in. I like that my average is up

Today will be my last day of the week 5-6 training

I will start week 7 next session

This session I started at 121 MPH average and ended at 128 MPH average.

im starting to focus more on training gain speed with each weight. for example for the longest time i was stuck at 146 mph PR with the one weight. I got it to 149 finally. And i try to do that with all weights if i can remember lol (i get winded easily)

Seriously great work!!! It can be difficult to remember to take your time and give max effort swings with each session but you're proof that it pays off. 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

2 hours ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Congrats on the move and the speed gains! Nothing wrong with going through the normal protocols again but I was able to get the advanced training up on the site if you're interested in giving it a go. I'm also testing a new set of routines as we speak so I will hopefully have those up in the next week or so. 

https://www.maxswingspeed.com/advanced-training

Thanks again and I hope Oregon treats you well. 

Sounds good, I’ll check out the advanced protocols!  Thanks for putting those out!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

Vids for advanced ?  Pump, Happy, one knee?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Started week 7 of the program and i hate to admit how out of shape I am but i get winded pretty quick.

I did switch to an old driver that I know is low spin and longer in length this session (Cobra LTD like bryson). 

I am starting to think the extra speed i picked up is making my Ping G400max spin a whole lot and launch even higher (I am already a moonball hitter). so I am not seeing huge gains on the course.

This session I started out at 121.67 MPH but i ended with a PR avg of 131.67 (+2 mph than my previous)! and I hit a PR of 135MPH (+3 mph than my last PR)!

not sure if the driver switch helped but its heavier swing weight wise and longer (45.75" vs my ping at 45")

Now lets get these speeds on course and make solid contact LOL!

• Like 1

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Hi guys, just returned  to golf in the UK, I did the 8 week protocol to the letter of the PDF , had a week off while the advanced drilled came through then did 2 weeks of the advanced.

after 3 rounds Mon, FRi, Sat I am at the moment not noticing anything different and feel a little deflated.

ok it’s cold, it’s been a long break and we just need to start playing again, but wondered if I should go back to the start or keep going with the advanced and see if there is a pick up as I play more.

I play off 9.4 so not totally a beginner

interested in comments and some help, 

regards 

So I'm one session short of having completed two weeks of the training program now. I did a session last night and hit some balls into a net today. 

Upthread I mentioned that my pre-MSS speeds were about 103-105 with the driver, the max I'd ever seen was 108. Well, today I was cruising at an easy 109, 110 for multiple swings. Not even "I'm gonna crush this ball" swings, just regular hard driver swings. The slowest (SLOWEST!) driver swing was... 106 mph.

To say I'm impressed is an understatement. That's two weeks and an easy 5 mph gain, conservatively. Also my 3 wood was around 103-105, and my damn hybrid was about 99-100.

I'll also add that I have no idea how this thing even works. I don't feel like I'm swinging any differently, and the sessions aren't particularly taxing (bearing in mind that I warm up more beforehand than I did after my first session). It just... does. I'm swinging harder and I don't know why!

Edited by MaineMariner
  • Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

16 hours ago, millerman said:

Hi guys, just returned  to golf in the UK, I did the 8 week protocol to the letter of the PDF , had a week off while the advanced drilled came through then did 2 weeks of the advanced.

after 3 rounds Mon, FRi, Sat I am at the moment not noticing anything different and feel a little deflated.

ok it’s cold, it’s been a long break and we just need to start playing again, but wondered if I should go back to the start or keep going with the advanced and see if there is a pick up as I play more.

I play off 9.4 so not totally a beginner

interested in comments and some help, 

regards 

Hey millerman, please don't be too discouraged or deflated as I have lots of data that would suggest there's a reason or two as to why your not seeing anything different yet.

First, the time off and weather could be playing a factor and any new found speed is being held back at the moment.

Second, the amount of swings you've been taking could easily tweaked your mechanics to the point there are new "feels" you aren't fully trusting on the course yet.

Third, your swing may have changed to the point where your spin/launch characteristics are so different than before that your bag isn't "optimized." Anecdotally, I played today with a buddy who wouldn't shut up about his new driver, LoL. He has a sim2 and I have an M1, I finally relented and hit his stick and flushed it. It was an absolute moon ball that went nowhere. My older head but dialed in loft and shaft combo (for me) are 40 yards longer than his latest and greatest and that's because I tweaked it after regaining my speed during prototype testing.

Lastly and this is probably the most data relevant item not just by my accounting but by numerous other instructors and that's the subconscious change we make in our swings when there is a ball to hit. I have seen and helped numerous people who swing faster without a ball in the way. 

Everyone is different and knowing whether or not you have a subtle change in your move over the ball compared to free swinging can be the missing piece to unlocking any speed you've gained through training. 

As for where to go training wise, I would work your way through the advanced program as you've already started and take a look at some of the things I mentioned especially the idea of holding back when the stupid little ball is sitting there.

www.maxswingspeed.com

For anyone feeling discouraged just keep at it and stay focused!

Today I put a session in as I will be on vacation for a week.

I was expecting higher speeds as last session i beat some PRs, but my expectations were definitely not met.

I started the session 117.67 and ended at 121.33.

Felt deflated but i just chalk it up as the body not having it all even though I felt fine. 

I may try again tomorrow as I wasnt satisfied and feel like I may lose some speed not playing golf at all during my vacation

Keep on pushing!

• Like 2

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Back from vacation and got another week 7-8 session in

I still get winded through these sessions but good news it seems speed is being maintained

I also switched to a Sim driver.... it feels fast LOL

Began the session at 120 average and ended at 127 avg! 

• Like 1

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

8 minutes ago, vietnameeh said:

Back from vacation and got another week 7-8 session in

I still get winded through these sessions but good news it seems speed is being maintained

I also switched to a Sim driver.... it feels fast LOL

Began the session at 120 average and ended at 127 avg! 

I've said it a few times to you now I think, really great work! It's so awesome to see how well you've been able to build and maintain your speed over the last two months. There is no doubt the later training sessions are tiring but you can definitely see the benefits they can bring.

I did a week 6 demo video 2 days ago after a round of golf, filming advanced drills and hitting a balls on the range showing my Dad a few things and I still jumped another 6 mph at the end, it always feels like my body is getting primed to fire faster and faster even though I can feel fatigued at times. 

Congrats again and thanks for the update! 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

I’ve had the super speed sticks for a year or more. Otherwise, I’d give it a go.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

1 hour ago, Cwing said:

I’ve had the super speed sticks for a year or more. Otherwise, I’d give it a go.

I appreciate the thought of trying my trainer. Super speed sticks are a great product so I hope they're working out for you. We could all use a few extra yards no matter how we get them 😜 😁

www.maxswingspeed.com