New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

22 hours ago, millerman said:

I have let Andrew know mine arrived today, start the work tomorrow, UK in lockdown no golf !,!!!!!!!, even though I can buy a plant or some plaster in the garden centre or builders merchants 

even though it’s freezing I will get togged up in the gear just as I would for the Saturday usual 18 and get out in the garden 

so looking forward to this not sure what to expect, worked really hard last year on fitness which didn’t work out on the course and I thought the 2 would go together not sure if anyone else may have thought the same or experienced that.

it will be a little in the dark as everything is shut so benefits in hitting and seeing results will be a while but we have to work towards being positive 

I am also waiting for some fitting news from Ping Uk re the G425 driver as a belated Xmas present 

I think the warm up is essential how did everyone else feel about that beneficial?

regards 

Tough news about no golf during the lockdown, hopefully things return to normal asap. I won't mention the weather here in Vegas, I get enough grief from my sister who is in Scotland and my fiancé's family in England, LOL... I know from personal experience that swinging the trainer will definitely help along with working hard on general fitness. I was a shell of myself after the layoff due to injuries but working out and swinging the prototypes in the yard were of great benefit so I have faith that the 2 combined will help you out a lot too. Hopefully the G425 will be able to keep up with your new found speed 😁 

As for the warmup, it is both beneficial and essential in my opinion. Speed training needs to be approached like any form of exercise training and warming up is key to preventing injury and to progressing to your highest level possible. I know I wouldn't want to line up to do a 100 meter sprint without first loosening up a bit first and that's the way I have always looked at speed training.

It's one of the design features I wanted to ensure was included, beyond speed training just swinging the trainer with all the weights attached is a great way to loosen up or work on your swing in general. I get my Dad to swing in the yard every other day just to help keep him loose and to get him to feel "not over the top"     

www.maxswingspeed.com

how are you guys mixing in driver practice with speed training? e.g. i know you're supposed to take a day or two off between training sessions, but what if you want to go after it with driver? do you do both on the same day? do you alternate but not take very many cuts with driver? something else entirely?

separate but related -- keen to find out how others have successfully mixed in traditional weight training, too.

basically, i'm wondering what people are doing to stay healthy and not get injured while mixing in this kind of training with the usual stuff, if that makes sense.

thanks!

6 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

how are you guys mixing in driver practice with speed training? e.g. i know you're supposed to take a day or two off between training sessions, but what if you want to go after it with driver? do you do both on the same day? do you alternate but not take very many cuts with driver? something else entirely?

separate but related -- keen to find out how others have successfully mixed in traditional weight training, too.

basically, i'm wondering what people are doing to stay healthy and not get injured while mixing in this kind of training with the usual stuff, if that makes sense.

thanks!

First, thanks for your order! I can give you my opinion and personal experience to maybe help with some of your questions. As with all types of training it's hard to give a simple all encompassing answer to how much you should swing. It's a very personal thing based on your own fitness level but you definitely want to take a day off in between speed training session to give yourself time to recover. If I'm at the course/range doing a speed session I will give myself some time between swinging the trainer and banging balls because getting too tired to maintain good mechanics/form is so detrimental to improving your swing and increasing your speed. I tell everyone that they need to pay attention to how they feel to know when enough is enough. Is it 5 swings or 500? only you can say. 

Coming from the land of numerous injuries and being forced into not working out at all I have found weight training mixed with speed training to be a very successful combo. I weight train 6 days a week now and still swing the trainer at least 3 days a week and am hitting the ball farther than I did in my 20s (I'm 41 now). 

To stay healthy? I think knowing your personal limits and paying attention to them is key. Am I going to curl the same amount as a prime Arnold, hell no, and I'd break myself even trying, LOL. Rest and stretching is so important too. Doing too much will only hurt your quest for speed and a better swing plus having tight muscles just sucks in general. 

Hope that helps and thanks again!

Edited by MaxSwingSpeed
Typo
  • Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

4 hours ago, bouche03 said:

So happy I pooped on GOLFWRX today after a lengthy hiatus to see this thread.  Was about to pull the trigger on Super Speed!  Ordered!

Very happy you found this thread too! Thanks for the order and keep us posted on how things are going using the trainer.

www.maxswingspeed.com

Hi guys,

quick update after starting the programme on Saturday, cold and miserable in the Uk and no golf so it’s a real labour of love to aim towards a target that we don’t have but like people say you don’t get nowt if you don’t put in.

currently walking 5 mile speed walk every other day and a run of 4 miles in between so at 58 very proud of the fitness level and have done since lockdown last year it’s become a mission with my brother to exercise and just on the last 8 weeks he has actually shown an interest in golf ( only one in the family that didn’t have any genes passed down 😀) and we have getting him started so he is gutted re the closure of the ranges 🤬

anyway I digress , got dressed in the golf gear , thought if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing well and started after the warm up, really enjoyed it and have done Sat, Sun, day off Mon and back today.

2 things I have noticed, to gain the speed you have to really dig in that’s something I need to work on and use the ground more and also I have zero co-ordination left handed even though I play off 10 and have been down to 7 

has anyone else found this out?

very early days but thought I would pass on 

Indoor dome golf last Thursday, hitting ball all over the place, I'll attribute to not hitting a golf ball for over 6 weeks. Moving thru the MaxSwingSpeed training regimen and after the 3rd time finding it a bit easier, which I hope is due to a speed increase (no speed radar). In the golf dome tomorrow, hope to see a favorable sign. I know it doesn't happen in a week, just want an encouraging sign.

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Distanza SR

Ping G425 SFT 3 & 5, Distanza SR

Ping G30 4H R

Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW, Projext X Catalyst 60 R

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Cleveland CBX 56° Full Face, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Evnroll ER10 34" Winn ProX 1.18 grip

Srixon Soft Feel

8 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

@MaxSwingSpeed, what's the butt diameter of the shaft? i'm putting a new grip on and need to know how much tape to put underneath. thanks!

Just chopped a grip off and broke out the calipers, based on the pic I'd be pretty comfortable saying the butt diameter is .600 inches.

PXL_20210113_191901251~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

mine arrived today, and after sitting on a broken toe for the past month and a half i decided to get after it a bit to establish a speed baseline. used indoor trackman and the blue swing speed radar. 

for 6i i'm at 99mph with trackman and the low 100's with the blue radar.

for driver i'm at 121 with trackman and the low-mid 120's with the blue radar.

to gain more speed i'm combining multiple approaches. obviously going to do the speed training protocol. in addition, i'm focusing on grip and core strength, 3x/week strength training, and a healthy diet, to name a few.

i got a 3-week head start on the diet and fitness stuff and plan to start the speed training protocol on saturday. not 100% certain how i'm going to time everything and will probably tweak my approach until i find something that suits.

16 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

mine arrived today, and after sitting on a broken toe for the past month and a half i decided to get after it a bit to establish a speed baseline. used indoor trackman and the blue swing speed radar. 

to gain more speed i'm combining multiple approaches. obviously going to do the speed training protocol. in addition, i'm focusing on grip and core strength, 3x/week strength training, and a healthy diet, to name a few.

i got a 3-week head start on the diet and fitness stuff and plan to start the speed training protocol on saturday. not 100% certain how i'm going to time everything and will probably tweak my approach until i find something that suits.

Glad the trainer arrived safe and sound. Broken toes are such a pain but good to know you're on the mend and ready to get back to swinging.

Looks like you've got some impressive speed already, I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress over the coming weeks as you focus on speed training and work your way through the programs. Diet and fitness in general can help in so many ways too, really seems like you're setting yourself up for success. 😀👍💪

• Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

5 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Glad the trainer arrived safe and sound. Broken toes are such a pain but good to know you're on the mend and ready to get back to swinging.

Looks like you've got some impressive speed already, I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress over the coming weeks as you focus on speed training and work your way through the programs. Diet and fitness in general can help in so many ways too, really seems like you're setting yourself up for success. 😀👍💪

thanks! really excited about swinging lefty in particular. i read a sam snead quote a while back (totally paraphrasing) that said if people swung half as many times from the left side as they do from the right side, they wouldn't get back injuries. i had no idea swinging lefty could also help improve speed. it seems like such a wonderful bonus!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoselpalooza said:

thanks! really excited about swinging lefty in particular. i read a sam snead quote a while back (totally paraphrasing) that said if people swung half as many times from the left side as they do from the right side, they wouldn't get back injuries. i had no idea swinging lefty could also help improve speed. it seems like such a wonderful bonus!

There is a lot of interesting sport science out there regarding training our non-dominant sides to improve performance. A simple real world example that you can witness easily would be tennis. Clearly a very rotational sport but the difference is obviously they're doing forehands and backhands at an almost equal amount so that they develop speed, power and touch from both sides. 

Plus, a simpler way to look at it would be, if it's good enough for Sam Snead it's probably good enough for the rest of us, LOL.  

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

2 hours ago, golfsticks said:

Looks like a solid product and although I have no need for one at the moment how you have interacted and followed up within this thread is impressive and I'm confident those qualities are found in Max Swing Speed.     I will suggest it to friends.  

Thank you very much for the kind words, it means a lot. Also, I really appreciate the word of mouth help too, it's amazing how that can grow a business.

www.maxswingspeed.com

19 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

With numbers like yours, I can see why you purchased this to chase more speed. :WTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Ordered ... gotta get to 115mph and chase @Dan Drake

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Update after week 1:  I set a baseline of the average of 5 driver swings at 99MPH before I started the 8 week program.  Did the program for the first week and did the same 5 driver swing average and it is at 101MPH now.  I am really trying to do the driver swings as I would on the course (not just swinging out of my shoes to get the fastest speed possible but likely not hitting the ball).  So far so good.  To be honest, I think the week 1 and week 2 program is a little light, but I am in pretty good shape for a 53 year old, and I do golf 2-3 times per week so I am getting more swings in there too.  But I want to follow the protocol as designed.  So looking forward to finishing week 2 and getting on to week 3.  Will keep posting to see if gains are improving.  Hoping to pick up 5+ MPH through this program.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

2 hours ago, pgetzen said:

Update after week 1:  I set a baseline of the average of 5 driver swings at 99MPH before I started the 8 week program.  Did the program for the first week and did the same 5 driver swing average and it is at 101MPH now.  I am really trying to do the driver swings as I would on the course (not just swinging out of my shoes to get the fastest speed possible but likely not hitting the ball).  So far so good.  To be honest, I think the week 1 and week 2 program is a little light, but I am in pretty good shape for a 53 year old, and I do golf 2-3 times per week so I am getting more swings in there too.  But I want to follow the protocol as designed.  So looking forward to finishing week 2 and getting on to week 3.  Will keep posting to see if gains are improving.  Hoping to pick up 5+ MPH through this program.

why not swing as fast as possible? 

Just now, hoselpalooza said:

I am swing as fast as possible when doing the training, but when I am swinging the driver I want to swing like I would on the golf course, because I don’t swing as fast as possible when I play.  I am hopeful that my “normal” swing on the golf course will become faster.  Interested in others’ opinions on whether that makes sense or is detrimental in the training?

• Like 1

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF

23 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

21 minutes ago, pgetzen said:

I am swing as fast as possible when doing the training, but when I am swinging the driver I want to swing like I would on the golf course, because I don’t swing as fast as possible when I play.  I am hopeful that my “normal” swing on the golf course will become faster.  Interested in others’ opinions on whether that makes sense or is detrimental in the training?

Let me see if I can help a bit. There are numerous studies, going back to the 70s on overspeed training in many different sports. I'll try and paraphrase/simplify them because if not it'll get way to technical aka boring.

The training protocols are trying to create a new "normal" baseline for your swing speed. By swinging as fast as you can with the different weights your building new neural pathways and training your muscles to fire in a "new" way. The outcome being that over time you're able to swing faster than when you started and that your "course" swing is faster too.

What's key is to swing with good mechanics so you don't engrain a garbage move that only produces speed you can't use on the course except on the long drive holes in a scramble after the short knocker pokes one in the fairway, LoL.

The exception would be those focusing on long drive. In that regard, swing as fast as possible with whatever move doesn't hurt and allows you to crack one out of ten 450 😁

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Thanks, that is what I was thinking.  Didn’t want to swing my driver so fast that it ruined any good mechanics.  But I am swinging the Max Speed trainer almost as fast as I can to try and get the faster twitch muscles moving.  And hopefully it gets into my normal driver swing. 

• Like 1

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF

OK, weekly update, I am starting week 3, and my 5 driver swing speed average is 106 this week.  So I started at 99, then at the beginning of week 2 was 101, and now, beginning of week 3, at 106.  Still not swinging out of my shoes, but definitely swinging faster.  Not sure it’s just because of the trainer, but it is definitely part of this.  I am hopeful that I can get to 110+ after the 8 week program.  So far so good!

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF