Cobra RadSpeed fairway woods (RadSpeed, RadSpeed Draw, RadSpeed Big Tour) + RadSpeed hybrid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I picked up the regular rad speed 3w and it's been amazing. It's just so damn forgiving that I feel I can hit it almost anywhere on the face and get distance that isnt too far offline. Compared to my

I've hit the Rad Speed a 3fw and the Big Tour. Liked both very much!   The Big Tour is the best feeling fairway wood off the face I have ever hit, and I have hit them all.   I'm th

Can’t get outside yet, but just for fun couple quick pics ( L to R) of Epic Flash SZ 5, Speedzone Tour 5 (should be same size as Radspeed) and Baffler F6.  F6 smallest but a bit deeper I think than Sp

Posted Images

Big Tour has gone 14,5 instead of 13,5, love it! Really enjoyed hitting the previous Big Tour but 13,5 was a bit too strong, this might be perfect!

Taylormade M1 '17 9,5° UST Elements Platinum Prototype PT6F5
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Diamana Kai'li 70
Ping G410 Crossover 20° Tensei Blue 80 TX
Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 Irons 4-PW True Temper X100 AMT
Mizuno T5 52° & 56° True Temper Gold S300
Nike Method Core 01W

Judging by the specs, it looks like they have flattened the lie angle compared to previous models. Really liked the look and feel of the F9 fairway but it was just to upright, if that's the case then I will very interested if giving these a try.

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond w/Diamana DF 70x

3 Wood: TSi 2 15* w/Fujikura Motore X F1 7x

Hyrbid: 2021 Apex Pro 18* w/Aldila Tour ATX Black 85x

Taylormade 3 UDI w/Project X Hzrdus Black 105 6.5

Irons: Ping iBlades 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM8 Raw 52F & 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Custom Slighter Tacoma

I have always been a fan of Cobra fairways, don't think these will disappoint.  Love the matte finish, but wish they would go back to the old logo on the crown. 

Some of the best hybrids in the game, without the ability to swap shafts/adjust loft again this year, I'm out.  

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

I think Cobra have a sleeper with that Hybrid. Shaping seems perfect. Matt at TXG seemed to love it. The big tour fairway also looks like a winner. Very excited to see and hit these when they arrive!!

• Like 1

TSi3 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw Orange 65TX

TSi2 15* w/Tensei AV Raw White 2.0 75TX
TSi2 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 2.0 85TX
W/S Model CB/MB 4-PW w/DG AMT X100

RTX4 52*, 56*, 60*w/TI DG S400

TM Ardmore 3 TP Red
2021 TP5X

20 hours ago, getair23 said:Some of the best hybrids in the game, without the ability to swap shafts/adjust loft again this year, I'm out.  

Yea, wondering about this myself. Mavrik pro is also bonded, seems to be a bit of an industry trend. Guess those grams are more valuable elsewhere. 

Handicap (Arccos calculated):  4.7

Current Bag:
Big Dog: Cobra SZ Pars\Stripes, Ventus Blue 6s

FW: Ole Blue

Hybrids: TM 2 Rescue, Cobra f7 
Irons: Srixon ZX5/7
Wedges: TM EF 50, PM Grind 58\64

Moneymaker: Ping Heppler Tyne 3

Rock: TP5x for now

I like that they increased the loft on the Big Tour to 14.5. Have the SZ Big Tour and it's the best fairway I have ever had. I prefer the gloss finish on the SZ, but I'm sure many will love the matte look on the new one. Good stuff from Cobra. 

Cobra RAD XB 9* - AD TP 6TX/ Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U510 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

• 2 months later...

Anyone that have had the chance to rip any of the fairway woods?

Nike Method Core 01W

The big tour is still smaller the G425 max, and same size as callaway speed.

I love my F9 Tour fairways, but that 3 wood looks really small somedays.  I am intrigued 

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
Mavrik Pro 6-G Elevate 105
MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 
1 hour ago, Bobbo03 said:

Following...looking forward to feedback, as I think the RadSpeed FW in the Peacoat (Navy) looks fantastic and I hope to try it soon.  I love that they wrapped the milled face up on the crown like they did with the drivers last year, which really helped with my alignment. 

3EF3BCAA-CC04-4765-ACFE-48500244321D.jpeg

To my eye, in person, the Radspeed Big Tour might be the best looking (shape, depth, front-to-back size, color scheme) fairway I've ever seen down by the ball.  I've hit both the regular Radspeed and the Big Tour on a few occasions at GG.  Both are really solid offerings, but I got more ball speed and distance out of the Big Tour (12-15 yards) while still keeping launch and spin numbers within a good window.  Also, I had the Big Tour set at 16* while keeping the regular Radspeed at 14.5*.  Another plus for the Big Tour, even with setting the loft at 16*, it did not appear toed-in / closed at all to me (still set very square). 

My fear is that I've been down this road before with front CG fairway woods.  Great numbers on the sim, but real world forgiveness / playability always suffered and so I eventually end up with a more rearward CG club.  That being said, I'm going to give the Big Tour and also the 16.5* Callaway Epic Speed a real chance.  Both are monsters - feel great, look fantastic, sound phenomenal, and so far, are providing a huge boost in distance off the deck for me.   

Taylormade Original One 12*

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 17.5*

Mizuno CLK 21*

Callaway Apex CF19 5-P

Cleveland CBX2 50* 58*
Bettinardi Queen 🐝 #10
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis 

8 hours ago, Warrick said:

Think I am going to order the standard 3w, some awfully good reviews 

Absolutely can't go wrong with that choice.  I played the Speedzone fairway most of last year and the Radspeed seems like a definite improvement.  If I don't end up with the Radspeed Big Tour or Epic Speed, it'll be because I went with the regular Radspeed. 

Edited by Jut

Taylormade Original One 12*

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 17.5*

Mizuno CLK 21*

Callaway Apex CF19 5-P

Cleveland CBX2 50* 58*
Bettinardi Queen 🐝 #10
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis 

The ‘Big Tour’ isn’t all that big this year, which IMHO is a good move by Cobra.  A welcomed diet.  A friendlier shape and size paired with a smaller footprint puts it much closer to the legendary King LTD than last years model.  

Tsi4 9* LAGP Olyss 65X

SIM2 15* Diamana DF 70X
SLDR 19* Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8X
JPX-921F (4-P) Modus3 105X
Vokey 50F, 54S, 58S Modus3 120X
Cameron 009M 1.5 
1 hour ago, onafriday said:

The ‘Big Tour’ isn’t all that big this year, which IMHO is a good move by Cobra.  A welcomed diet.  A friendlier shape and size paired with a smaller footprint puts it much closer to the legendary King LTD than last years model.  

The Radspeed and SZ big tour the same size 173cc

DriversPXG Proto 0811x (10.5) Ventus Blue Velo-(Patriot Edition) 6 (stiff)
Fairway:  Taylormade Sim Max Rocket (14) / Aldila Tour Blue 65 (stiff)

Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5) / Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (21.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  PXG 0211 (5 - Gw) / T.T. Elevate Tour (x-stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55 (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

^ well that’s embarrassing!  I gave the new one a good waggle or three last weekend and immediately thought it was quite a bit smaller than last years.  But you’re right - 173cc all the same. 

Certainly felt smaller behind the ball than last years yellow monster. 

I stand corrected!

• Like 1

Tsi4 9* LAGP Olyss 65X

SIM2 15* Diamana DF 70X
SLDR 19* Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8X
JPX-921F (4-P) Modus3 105X
Vokey 50F, 54S, 58S Modus3 120X
Cameron 009M 1.5 

Down to the RadSpeed or the Epic Speed for me. The PXG 0211 was getting a look but it’s bigger than I like. Always looking for the 3 wood that works off turf or tee, with it likely getting more use off the tee. RadSpeed standard looks like a contender, possibly the Big Tour, and definitely the Epic Speed. I’m always quickly comfortable with the profile of Cobra and Callaway fairways and this year’s lineup looks seamless. The adjustability of the Cobra tends to be a plus at 3 wood and 7 wood in my bag. 

Edited by dmeeksDC
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Down to the RadSpeed or the Epic Speed for me. The PXG 0211 was getting a look but it’s bigger than I like. Always looking for the 3 wood that works off turf or tee, with it likely getting more use off the tee. RadSpeed standard looks like a contender, possibly the Big Tour, and definitely the Epic Speed. I’m always quickly comfortable with the profile of Cobra and Callaway fairways and this year’s lineup looks seamless. The adjustability of the Cobra tends to be a plus at 3 wood and 7 wood in my bag. 

I was thinking about the Callaway Speed also, but Rad speed is a bit smaller, and more upright, seals it for me.

3w with RDX black 70

• Like 1

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 
19 hours ago, Bobbo03 said:

I've hit the Rad Speed a 3fw and the Big Tour. Liked both very much!

The Big Tour is the best feeling fairway wood off the face I have ever hit, and I have hit them all.

I'm the type of delofter that needs the HL heads to be optimized so I tried the normal Rad Speed 3fw turned up to 16 and using the Motore X 6S shaft it did look a bit closed but according to trackman it went straight on a optimal trajectory. Really liked the 'lighter then I am used to' Motore X shaft on the fairway. Head feel more solid then F9 & SZ fairways did, really liked the feel.

The Big tour I got to try on a properly fitting shaft for me, the 70gr HZ Smoke Yellow but didn't have Trackman for that test and hitting into a net. Amazing feeling club from every part of the face! The Matte black makes the head look way smaller then it is. I wonder why this doesn't have the infinity cnc milled face? But anyway, great feeling club and if it would come in a 16,5 as standard loft in the same CC size I would order it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei CK Orange 60X 48" / Ping G410 16°  KBS TD Category3 / Ping G410 Crossover 23° Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5" Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Great to see all the positive feedback! They are just about to be launched in Sweden so will try find them in a testing bay the upcoming weekend.

The regular Radspeed might, based on the reviews I've seen online, be spinning too much for higher SS but as we all know that's something that needs personal testing.

Loved last years Big Tour paired with Smoke Yellow and with the Rad BT looks have only improved, always been a sucker for matte finish in woods.

Also think it's good decision they went for 14,5 degree as standard in the BT, making it more comparable to other offerings and getting rid of the "Mini driver" label.

Intrigued to hit the BT with both Motore F1 and RDX Blue to compare the results, will update here once done!

• Like 1
Nike Method Core 01W

5 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

I've hit the Rad Speed a 3fw and the Big Tour. Liked both very much!

The Big Tour is the best feeling fairway wood off the face I have ever hit, and I have hit them all.

I'm the type of delofter that needs the HL heads to be optimized so I tried the normal Rad Speed 3fw turned up to 16 and using the Motore X 6S shaft it did look a bit closed but according to trackman it went straight on a optimal trajectory. Really liked the 'lighter then I am used to' Motore X shaft on the fairway. Head feel more solid then F9 & SZ fairways did, really liked the feel.

The Big tour I got to try on a properly fitting shaft for me, the 70gr HZ Smoke Yellow but didn't have Trackman for that test and hitting into a net. Amazing feeling club from every part of the face! The Matte black makes the head look way smaller then it is. I wonder why this doesn't have the infinity cnc milled face? But anyway, great feeling club and if it would come in a 16,5 as standard loft in the same CC size I would order it in a heartbeat.

Nice review. Did you hit the Big Tour off a mat? How was it in ease of launch?

1 minute ago, cmy said:

Curious on the forgiveness of the Tour 5 wood. Coming from a golfer that does not like 3 wood off the tee or deck. Only 5 woods and hybrids.

I play the F9 tour 5w, tiny head, no issues at all, but looking at the standard rad speed 3w, F9 tour 3w is tiny

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

I hit the Big Tour demo a couple weeks ago at my local golf galaxy, I don't usually put a lot of stock into the numbers from their launch monitor or the golf balls being used...I can hit two solid shots in a row and one flies 250 and the other 230, but I was a very big fan of the Big Tour

As someone said above, it doesn't look that big at address. I think last years SIM looks bigger behind the ball and I am hoping to get a demo outside real soon so that I can see real life shots, direction and trajectory. Numbers on a screen can help and might look good/ideal but its still different seeing the launch visually and if it fits what you are looking for. Having said that, I am very excited to test this out some more. I really liked the look and feel of the F9 3wood but could not get along with the lie angle of it, too upright for me. It looks like Cobra has addressed that with this years model. 

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond w/Diamana DF 70x

3 Wood: TSi 2 15* w/Fujikura Motore X F1 7x

Hyrbid: 2021 Apex Pro 18* w/Aldila Tour ATX Black 85x

Taylormade 3 UDI w/Project X Hzrdus Black 105 6.5

Irons: Ping iBlades 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM8 Raw 52F & 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Curious to hear more on the tour 5w as well once some get out into the wild. Had read somewhere this is comparable to the f6 baffler, which is still one of my favorite clubs in my bag. 

Cobra SpeedZone Pars and Stripes Edition - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

Cobra F6 Baffler - 17.5 Matrix Red Tie HQ4 S

Cobra F8 Hybrid Nardo Grey - 19 Matrix Red Tie HQ4 S

Cobra SpeedZone OL Hybrid - 21 - UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap Black

Cobra Forged Tec irons 5/6 OL - 7-GW Variable - KBS Tour

Cleveland CBX2 54 and RTX-3 CB 58

Evnroll ER2 / Bettinardi Queen Bee 8 - Stability Tour

Taylormade tp5x