Titleist TSi3 (and TSi2) Drivers. Have you hit them? What are your thoughts? Better than SIM?

WSUWarriorPGAPro

I finally was able to see a TSi3 (and 2) in person the other day at a local golf shop.  (Even though I'm PGA, we do not inventory hard goods at our pro shop, so I haven't seen any of the new stuff in person from a lot of the companies, especially since the sales reps are not making in-person calls at the moment, because of COVID.  Anyway, I think the TSi3 might be the best looking head for a driver Titleist has come out with yet!  Being a Titleist player for a great number of years, only switching this year to the SIM, since I really never hit the TS, and only the SIM had outperformed my 917D3 driver to date.  How has this new TSi3 driver been, so far?  I have seen a number of YouTube videos posted about the driver and it seems that most from what I've seen think it is the real deal.  I also know that if you see a large number of PGA Tour players switch to the driver and use, without being under contract to do so, it is worth taking note of.  (Tommy Fleetwood comes to mind as an example).  I'm excited to finally hit one at some point, but probably not until next spring, since its now winter in the Northland.

Also, since I have been a person who has used 7.5 and 8.5 for loft in many previous Titleist offerings for drivers, how does this new TSi compare for launch, since they have dropped down to even number lofts, 8.0, instead of an 8.5 loft, etc...  

Thoughts and opinions please.  

Thanks!

I am currently bouncing back between the TSi3 and a SIM head.  Both are set to roughly 7.25*, for me the SIM is definitely longer but the TSi3 has been more consistent and has seemed to find fairways a little more consistently. Need to find time to bring both out and do a proper comparison.  For now I am sticking with the TSi, a little less off the tee but has kept me in play more than the SIM.

TaylorMade Stealth+ Rocket 3W- Ventus TR 8TX/Black 7X

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W- Ventus Black 8TX/Red 9TX

TaylorMade SIM2 3HY- Ventus Black 10TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW DG TI X100

TaylorMade MG3 52/56/60- DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 9.5/11.5

1 hour ago, WSUWarriorPGAPro said:

I finally was able to see a TSi3 (and 2) in person the other day at a local golf shop.  (Even though I'm PGA, we do not inventory hard goods at our pro shop, so I haven't seen any of the new stuff in person from a lot of the companies, especially since the sales reps are not making in-person calls at the moment, because of COVID.  Anyway, I think the TSi3 might be the best looking head for a driver Titleist has come out with yet!  Being a Titleist player for a great number of years, only switching this year to the SIM, since I really never hit the TS, and only the SIM had outperformed my 917D3 driver to date.  How has this new TSi3 driver been, so far?  I have seen a number of YouTube videos posted about the driver and it seems that most from what I've seen think it is the real deal.  I also know that if you see a large number of PGA Tour players switch to the driver and use, without being under contract to do so, it is worth taking note of.  (Tommy Fleetwood comes to mind as an example).  I'm excited to finally hit one at some point, but probably not until next spring, since its now winter in the Northland.

Also, since I have been a person who has used 7.5 and 8.5 for loft in many previous Titleist offerings for drivers, how does this new TSi compare for launch, since they have dropped down to even number lofts, 8.0, instead of an 8.5 loft, etc...  

Thoughts and opinions please.  

Thanks!

Ball speed wise its right there with the SIM. It is very fast. It looks great, obviously. The SIM is lower spinning, for me it was about 3-400 revs. Tsi is very neutral where the SIM is fade biased. Both great but depending on what you need, fitting wise, either could be better.

• Like 1

TSi 3 for me personally. I prefer the head shape, feel and general aesthetics.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

TXG compare the TS3 to the TSi3 at same loft/specs.....and the chart shows the difference under those conditions.

SmartSelect_20201208-154435_YouTube.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

TAYLORMADE MYSTEALTH PLUS Blackout Driver, 9*, Ventus Blue TR Velocore, 6X (tip 1.5")

TAYLORMADE STEALTH PLUS FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS, #3, 16.5*, Accra '22 TZSix 75 M5;  #7, 21* Kaili White 80TX; #4 HY 22* Ventus Black Velocore HB 10TX

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite;   18* Accra '22 TZFive, 95HY M5 // 22*, Accra '22 TZFive, 105DI M5

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout..and (6 -GW Dups)

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10 & Forged 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5 // VOKEY SM8 Custom 52*M, TI x100; 58*M, TI S400 onyx // TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

SIM is great all around (which I'm sure we all know by now). The key that I've seen to the TSi3 has been the shaft. If you can get it dialed in with the right shaft for you, then it's unbeatable. In the Smoke Blue RDX for instance this thing is laugh out loud long. Definitely worth hitting to see.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0* (Tensei AV Blue) 

Callaway Mavrik 15* (Evenflow Riptide)

Callaway XForged UT 18* (AD DI)

Mizuno JPX 900 18* (Fujikura Speeder Evo II)

Titleist 818H2 22* (Evenflow)

Srixon ZX7 5-PW (Project X LZ)

Cleveland Zip Core Tour Rack 50,54,58 (DG Tour Issue Spinner)

Mizuno M Craft IV Blue Ion

Srixon ZStar XV

Grab bag: Kirkland KS1, Ping G5i Ally, Oworks #7, White Hot 2ball

I am gaming TSi3 with GD Tour AD IZ shaft after extensive testing with the 3 and 2.   I am coming to the TSi3 from a SIM with Oban Kiyoshi Black and Sim Max with Smoke 70.  Of the TM the SIM was a better choice for me compared to the SIM Max which I found spun too much.  For me the TSi3 GD Tour AD IZ set up is just more consistent and as long/longer than the SIM.  I prefer the understated look of the TSi3 as well as the sound and feel.  No doubt SIM/MAX are great clubs but for me I have found a set up that should keep me from straying in 2021.  

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, wobgon said:

Who is DD

Duval.

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9* - Ventus TR 6S
Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* - Ventus TR 7S

Callaway Apex UW 21* - Ventus TR 8S

Srixon ZX Utility 4i - MMT 105S

Srixon ZX5 5i - PX LZ 6.0
Srixon ZX7 6-PW - PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 52/56/60 - TT TI S400

Bettinardi 2022 INOVAI 8.0 Spud Neck

Hitting the TSi3 at Carl’s last week, it felt great and was definitely long.  I was spraying some of them, so my takeaway is that I need a fitter to work with me to get it set up right, then I can hide the wrench from myself!  Visually it’s great, sets up well and there’s an 8 degree head.  I was impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess that any player switching BACK to a previous model would be purely on a trust basis.  That (any) player who is testing out new equipment will want that club to be exactly what they are looking for and also an improvement from what they were using.  I would guess that he (JT) will put that TSi3 back in the bag for 2021, but he probably just didn't have it in right.  Also, Titleist would not care, since the club is a Titleist club and the previous model.  If he were a 917, or prior model, they may raise an eyebrow to that.  The data showing the amount of players around the world who have switched to it, who are not under contract and not being paid, speaks loudly!!  I can't wait to get my hands on a TSi3 8* in 2021.  I'm not on anyone's Staff for clubs, being a PGA Professional, so I will have a mixed bag for quite a few years into the future!

To me.  From what I have seen of the TSi line, so far, is to my eye, the driver is amazing.  I'm not completely sold on the optics of the fairways, so I'll use either a Titleist 917F3 13.5, or a SIM Rocket 14 (turned down one click.)

I just switched to the tsi2 from the sim max and couldn’t be happier. Got first round in with it yesterday and from the first box it just felt right. The look and sound I prefer over the max. Saw someone in another thread say was point and shoot - I agree. Had a couple hooks show up on hole 24/25 but was because of me. I know the shaft made a big difference for me in the tsi2 av raw blue vs ventus blue.

Edited by Gobe3

TSI2 is better for me.  I was fitted into sim with ventus blue 6x.  Miss hits were much more punishing with SIM and often times would push to the left for me (lefty) which is why i probably opted to go to TSI2 vs. TSI3.  Much more confident off the tee.  Just need to get the shaft dialed in now.  Overall forgiveness was night and day.

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my new TSI3 last week after being fitted in November. Was really excited to get this after debating for a while. I gave it back the following day as i could not hit it (lots of hooks) and took my old driver out and missed two fairways all day. Really disappointed at the moment as my old driver is 14 years old and goes a good distance. Debating whether to cut my losses and sell the TSI3 and start the process again. I know its a good driver but whatever i did on fitting day was radically different to what i normally do

7 hours ago, long time player said:

I picked up my new TSI3 last week after being fitted in November. Was really excited to get this after debating for a while. I gave it back the following day as i could not hit it (lots of hooks) and took my old driver out and missed two fairways all day. Really disappointed at the moment as my old driver is 14 years old and goes a good distance. Debating whether to cut my losses and sell the TSI3 and start the process again. I know its a good driver but whatever i did on fitting day was radically different to what i normally do

That just sucks, especially for how expensive new drivers are. I got fitted in November and finally got mine last week as well but my experience has been totally different than yours. With my grip and the Titleist adapter (as opposed to the Club Connects fitting adapter), I dialled my TSi3 in and it's just the most amazing club I've hit. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist 917 15º -  LAGP Tour AXS Blu
Titleist U-500  18º PX 7.0 
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 
Mizuno T22 47.5º, 52º, 56º C-Taper

Mizuno S18 60º C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Picked up a used TSi3 with ventus black 6x and compared it to a Sim with a speeder 661 evo 2.0 tour spec. Distance was comparable between the two but the TSi3 was straight with a slight draw at the end, one after another. Maybe it was the shaft but regardless the TSi3 looks better to my eye and if the results translate to the course this season it will be a fun season.

I owned both sim and sim max.  I now own the tsi3.  The taller face, the sound, and looks are more what I'm looking for.  Performance is great... Definitely more forgiving than sim.  Ball speed is fantastic and more playable spin numbers.  

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Speed LS 9* w/Tour AD DI 6x

Callaway Epic Speed 15* w/HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.0

Callaway Apex Pro 2 hybrid w/mmt 80s

Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw w/projectX LS 6.0

Mizuno T22 50/54/58 wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5 

Srixon Z star XV ball

3 minutes ago, Landy said:

How did it compare to the MAX?  Thank you

Well, I sold the max to buy the tsi3.  LOL!

I didn't find much difference between the max and the regular sim.  Slightly more spin is about it.  Was still fade biased and not forgiving.  Tsi3 seems to be more forgiving and a faster ball speed, according to trackman.  Sim was lower spinning than tsi3... Sim max spins about the same as tsi3 for me.  

Callaway Epic Speed LS 9* w/Tour AD DI 6x

Callaway Epic Speed 15* w/HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.0

Callaway Apex Pro 2 hybrid w/mmt 80s

Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw w/projectX LS 6.0

Mizuno T22 50/54/58 wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5 

Srixon Z star XV ball

I have a TSi3 9, SIM 10.5 and TS2 8.5. SIM is the longest, maybe 10yrds or more sometimes but not as forgiving as Titleist. I may be in the woods with TM but Titleist is still playable for the most part. TSi3 is not longer than a TS3 but it's very workable and very forgiving, tracking fairways on Grint gave 87% a few times. But seriously thinking about getting rid of both and keep playing a TS2. It's right up there, only downside it takes a big effort to fade.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 Fuji Ventus Black 6X

TItleist TS2 13.5 Diamana BF 70X

TM SIM UDI 2 HZRDUS RDX Black 100 6.5

Srixon Z785 4-PW CTaper Lite 115X

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/55/60 X100

Mizuno TP Mills #2

Thanks to Titleist and GolfWRX I was fit into the TSi2/Tensei Raw White 65s, BUT after some extensive course play and practice, I decided to start trying some different combos.  Long story short, I found a shaft that really woke this head up and got my dispersion under control.  The TSi2 has been a complete monster for me since then and I will keep trying to dial it in.  These new offerings are fast off the face and should not be overlooked.  The TSi3 has to be one of the best looking drivers made.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 10 HZRDUS blue 6.0s

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15 Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G25  20  TFC 189s

New Level 902 OS 4,5  PD 6-P Modus 125s

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/12, SM6 58/8

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB 

Jones Utility black camo

On 12/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, Jetierney13 said:

I am currently bouncing back between the TSi3 and a SIM head.  Both are set to roughly 7.25*, for me the SIM is definitely longer but the TSi3 has been more consistent and has seemed to find fairways a little more consistently. Need to find time to bring both out and do a proper comparison.  For now I am sticking with the TSi, a little less off the tee but has kept me in play more than the SIM.

Just picked up a TSI so I’m expecting something along the lines of your statement!!

• Like 1

Bought the TSi2 9* and the TSi2 4 wood 16.5*, both with Kuro Kage shafts.

I will say that I regripped them and it looked like the shafts were cut with no care and were fraying.  A driver that sells for $550 and fairway at $300 should be perfectly assembled IMO.  This is a dealer killer IMO and took them back.

Never again.

Edited by wjdpar1

Driver:  TM Stealth 10.5*

3 Wood:  TM Sim2 Max 15*

5 Wood:  TM Sim2 Max 18*

Irons:  Ping G425 5 - GP

SW:  Ping Glide 4.0 56*

Putter:  Odyssey O Works #1 

• 6 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, BeyondVision said:

TSI2 is better for me.  I was fitted into sim with ventus blue 6x.  Miss hits were much more punishing with SIM and often times would push to the left for me (lefty) which is why i probably opted to go to TSI2 vs. TSI3.  Much more confident off the tee.  Just need to get the shaft dialed in now.  Overall forgiveness was night and day.

Another lefty here. Currently gaming the Epic Flash but I need a driver that is more fade biased as my misses go right. I hit a natural draw so miss hits end up becoming crazy hooks.

The SIM made you miss to the left but is that always the case for you? 

I'm just looking for a driver that will go straight or slight draw on miss hits. SIM and TSi2 or 3 are what I have my sights set on.