2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

BallerNate’s WITB

3 hours ago, SteelieD said:

Nicely done. But if you’re not going to buy more clubs… you need more shoes. #feedtheaddiction 😉

Haha!! Classic WRX!!

“That’s great you’re not wasting money on clubs you don’t need, here’s another way to waste money!” 😉🤣🤣

Yeah, I’ve got a 3rd pair on that bottom shelf, but I’ll probably pick up another pair of Jordan’s sometime before the season too, Lol!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Haha!! Classic WRX!!

“That’s great you’re not wasting money on clubs you don’t need, here’s another way to waste money!” 😉🤣🤣

Yeah, I’ve got a 3rd pair on that bottom shelf, but I’ll probably pick up another pair of Jordan’s sometime before the season too, Lol!

I don't think of it as spending money on stuff I don't need, I think of it as contributing to a struggling economy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

11 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Haha… @MtlJeffwants a Club Ho battle, I love it!! 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve been doing my usual browsing this Winter, but I’m trying so hard to hold off and not replace anything until during the season at the earliest.

I’ve been doing well so far by instead buying a new bag and new headcovers, and this was the next project I did over the last few days to stay busy and keep my mind off missing Golf and buying unnecessary clubs. Finished it yesterday while watching the PNC Championship!! 😎🙌🏽 

6E66A652-79C3-4B10-BC82-7347F861AEB3.jpeg

F3CF61DB-6B18-412A-8C86-F20319984CCE.jpeg

682218F8-027A-4613-A1AC-F6DF9A540875.jpeg

I think with a little rearranging you may have enough room for a simulator and a putting green haha…looks awesome.  I have a closet at my house that I want to do something similar to. 

Edited by Nelson.br.1515
  • Haha 1

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM 

12 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I don't think of it as spending money on stuff I don't need, I think of it as contributing to a struggling economy!

Bahaha!! Indeed…we’ve been doing our fair share of contributing and keeping Inflation of Golf equipment high!! 🤣🤣

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 hours ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

I think with a little rearranging you may have enough room for a simulator and a putting green haha…looks awesome.  I have a closet at my house that I want to do something similar to. 

Haha…thanks Nelson!

Eventually my plan is to have a chipping/putting green in the backyard, and a simulator in the Garage!! 😎👌🏽

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everybody had a great Christmas and are enjoying the Holiday season!

I got a gift card for my local shop, and a golf shirt that was too small from my wife, so I converted those into a new experiment.

Going to try out this new 48-degree SM9 to replace my PW and GW and see how it goes. It will get me down to 13 clubs in the bag also which I seem to always gravitate to.

This will give me 6* gaps between my 42* 9-iron, and my 60* LW. We’ll see, worth a shot and can always throw the PW and GW back in the bag if I prefer that, or see how it would fit with another Iron set in the future when I decide to put something head-to-head vs my AP2’s. 

D760A6E2-DAF0-4234-8964-90B5C0F90B9A.jpeg

794583F0-3728-4254-96C6-6EDC115C8065.jpeg

DA5FCAFB-2F24-4CD7-91D1-10BD76745E26.jpeg

D4E69577-D527-4CCE-9AFB-57C567AD8D83.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

You sure the small shirt wasn't a subtle hint from the wife?? 😂😂

But the SM9s are really nice just got my "new one" had them on the simulator and already stopping balls on a loonie. 

• Haha 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

3 hours ago, MattM97 said:

You sure the small shirt wasn't a subtle hint from the wife?? 😂😂

But the SM9s are really nice just got my "new one" had them on the simulator and already stopping balls on a loonie. 

Hahaha!! Yeah, could be...she also bought me a shirt that was too small for Father's Day. You might be onto something!! 🤣🤣

Really like the SM9's for sure...gorgeous wedges, and you know they're going to execute exactly the type of shot you're trying to execute. Not the most forgiving by any means, but great spin, great control, and they feel fantastic.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Hahaha!! Yeah, could be...she also bought me a shirt that was too small for Father's Day. You might be onto something!! 🤣🤣

Really like the SM9's for sure...gorgeous wedges, and you know they're going to execute exactly the type of shot you're trying to execute. Not the most forgiving by any means, but great spin, great control, and they feel fantastic.

I'm purposely buying a few nice items that are a size too small for me to fit into hopefully at some point in 2023 as motivation. 

They are I avoided Vokey's for a while because they are so expensive but now they're on par with everything else so might as well get the wedge with the most grind options out there. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

6 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I'm purposely buying a few nice items that are a size too small for me to fit into hopefully at some point in 2023 as motivation. 

They are I avoided Vokey's for a while because they are so expensive but now they're on par with everything else so might as well get the wedge with the most grind options out there. 

Awesome…love that man, good luck!!

I’ve actually dropped from a 3XL in most clothes to a 2XL since the last time you saw me, but my wife buying XL clothes is pushing it!! 🤣🤣

I avoided Vokey’s and Titleist in general because I just didn’t like the “elitist” image and the price points also. But at the end of the day I’m always searching for equipment that’s the best fit for my game, and some Titleist has just organically ended up in my bag because it’s flat out great stuff.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

16 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Awesome…love that man, good luck!!

I’ve actually dropped from a 3XL in most clothes to a 2XL since the last time you saw me, but my wife buying XL clothes is pushing it!! 🤣🤣

I avoided Vokey’s and Titleist in general because I just didn’t like the “elitist” image and the price points also. But at the end of the day I’m always searching for equipment that’s the best fit for my game, and some Titleist has just organically ended up in my bag because it’s flat out great stuff.

Nice I'm trying to go back into the 2XLs again. I'm in that weird phase 3XL is usually a tarp and 2XL shows too much lol. 

Yeah I get that but more you hear Titleist talk about their products it's for everyone the fan boys made it elitist. 

• Haha 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

17 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Nice I'm trying to go back into the 2XLs again. I'm in that weird phase 3XL is usually a tarp and 2XL shows too much lol. 

Yeah I get that but more you hear Titleist talk about their products it's for everyone the fan boys made it elitist. 

Haha! Indeed, totally understand my man!

Best of luck with your weight-loss journey and Happy New Year! 💪🏽🍻

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 5 weeks later...

What’s up everyone! Here’s a sad story from a day in the life of a tall Club Ho.

I joined WRX in December 2020, and only now am I really understanding the impact that lie angle, length, and proper shaft weights etc have.

So now I realize why the OG Rogue and Rogue ST Max, and SIM2 Max in the Upright setting have been the best performing Drivers for me…because they were all 60* plus in lie angle, and were all long and forgiving Drivers that fit my swing.

The only negative for the Rogue ST Max and SIM2 Max I’ve learned are that they are pretty high spin, which can take away from distance.

So I’ve been doing research on different Drivers that offer the combination of 60* plus lie angle, are forgiving, long, and could potentially spin a little lower.

All the research made me believe that this Srixon ZX5 could be worth a shot, so I picked one up today to test out and put head-to-head vs my Rogue ST Max. Everything I read online said it had lots of adjustability and could be adjusted from 59* to 61* in the Upright setting. Then I get it home and instead of Upright settings, it only has FLAT settings??!! Oof…just another page in the Big Man Golfer’s diary on WRX. Going back to the store tomorrow… 🙄 

7DEEF888-14A1-4C3E-8C30-94E02444CA53.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

What’s up everyone! Here’s a sad story from a day in the life of a tall Club Ho.

I joined WRX in December 2020, and only now am I really understanding the impact that lie angle, length, and proper shaft weights etc have.

So now I realize why the OG Rogue and Rogue ST Max, and SIM2 Max in the Upright setting have been the best performing Drivers for me…because they were all 60* plus in lie angle, and were all long and forgiving Drivers that fit my swing.

The only negative for the Rogue ST Max and SIM2 Max I’ve learned are that they are pretty high spin, which can take away from distance.

So I’ve been doing research on different Drivers that offer the combination of 60* plus lie angle, are forgiving, long, and could potentially spin a little lower.

All the research made me believe that this Srixon ZX5 could be worth a shot, so I picked one up today to test out and put head-to-head vs my Rogue ST Max. Everything I read online said it had lots of adjustability and could be adjusted from 59* to 61* in the Upright setting. Then I get it home and instead of Upright settings, it only has FLAT settings??!! Oof…just another page in the Big Man Golfer’s diary on WRX. Going back to the store tomorrow… 🙄 

7DEEF888-14A1-4C3E-8C30-94E02444CA53.jpeg

I had been wondering the same with my irons and made a change as a result. It seems ridiculous in my mind that myself at 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan would require 1.25" longer length in my irons (I believe Tony Finau is only +0.5" at 6'5 and John Rahm is +0.25" at 6'2). I've now ordered a new set of irons with a better turf interaction at 0.5" longer in length and even then I'm not 100% sure, but I can make an adjustment in the future if needed . I referred to your WITB thread for your history in fittings in this issue (thank you!).

I didn't think this lie angle for the woods would be of the similar effect and now you got me thinking 🤔.

Edited by TreqJosh
  • Like 1

2024:

Dr: Mizuno ST-Z 220 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60 S and MCC+4 Midsize

F: Taylormade Stealth 2 w/ Oban Devotion HB 65.05 and MCC+4 Midsize

U: Titleist U505 2i 18° w/ Hazardus Black 6.0 and MCC+4 Midsize 

I: Titleist T100s w/ Project X LZ 6.0 (+0.50") and MCC+4 Midsize (4-P)  

SW: Vokey SM9 54D 12° w/ Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.50") and MCC+4 Midsize    

P: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven (35")

B: Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide or whatever is cheap

Stupid question but have you tried a shorter length driver shaft? Would gain the lie angle you're after and perhaps better accuracy across the face?

• Like 1

2024:

13 hours ago, TreqJosh said:

I had been wondering the same with my irons and made a change as a result. It seems ridiculous in my mind that myself at 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan would require 1.25" longer length in my irons (I believe Tony Finau is only +0.5" at 6'5 and John Rahm is +0.25" at 6'2). I've now ordered a new set of irons with a better turf interaction at 0.5" longer in length and even then I'm not 100% sure, but I can make an adjustment in the future if needed . I referred to your WITB thread for your history in fittings in this issue (thank you!).

I didn't think this lie angle for the woods would be of the similar effect and now you got me thinking 🤔.

12 hours ago, TreqJosh said:

Stupid question but have you tried a shorter length driver shaft? Would gain the lie angle you're after and perhaps better accuracy across the face?

Yeah, so tough to get the proper specs for your clubs when you’re above average height (and I would guess for the people below average height too).

I used to give the advice of getting a proper fitting, which is the advice most WRX’rs give, but I had an iron fitting with one of the top fitters in Canada that gave me completely incorrect advice last year (+1.5” and 2* upright), that I find it tough to give that advice anymore either.

Unfortunately it seems like trial and error is the best way to go, and everyone’s body makeup and swing characteristics are totally different.

Now I’ve found +1” and 1* upright works best for me in irons and wedges at 6’7 with a 6’11 wingspan, and my Hybrid and UW are bent 1* Upright and +0.5” long.

For Driver I added +0.5” also, and need to have a lie angle of at least 60* from what I’ve experienced. But none of those specs would necessarily work for you, which is the frustrating thing about Golf equipment, Lol!

For shorter Driver shafts, the Club Tech section of WRX is probably the best place to go for advice on that.

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Man getting the right fit is so individualistic it’s crazy. I’m 6’ tall and it was a journey couldn’t imagine how difficult the process is at your height. Some fitters see one thing others don’t, you go in and you’re off that day, different feeling grips than you’re used to, so many things to consider when fitting. It’s stupid but for me I know that if I don’t like the look of the club it affects my swing and I hate the feeling of rubber grips so that makes it difficult for me too. I always say get fit as advice but it isn’t always that simple. Hopefully once you find what works you write down those specs😂

Edited by MikeW2
Typo
  • Like 3

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

2 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Man getting the right fit is so individualistic it’s crazy. I’m 6’ tall and it was a journey couldn’t imagine how difficult the process is at your height. Some fitters see one thing others don’t, you go in and you’re off that day, different feeling grips than you’re used to, so many things to consider when fitting. It’s stupid but for me I know that if I don’t like the look of the club it affects my swing and I hate the feeling of rubber grips so that makes it difficult for me too. I always say get fit as advice but it isn’t always that simple. Hopefully once you find what works you write down those specs😂

Exactly Mike, so many factors for sure.

Plus there’s the huge obvious one that hitting off mats in a simulator environment is totally different than playing on grass!

It’s been a wild ride of trying to find properly fit/adjusted equipment, but it’s a good feeling to finally know my proper specs.

This is the first year that I’ll most likely be carrying over most of my clubs from the end of last season, and I won’t have to do a constant mad scramble/search for clubs that fit my game. Now finally anything that I buy is just for fun/Hoing purposes, Lol.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Plus there’s the huge obvious one that hitting off mats in a simulator environment is totally different than playing on grass!

This is a major source of frustration for me too! There isn’t that much availability to get fitted using grass, even here in Australia. 

• Like 1

2024:

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, so tough to get the proper specs for your clubs when you’re above average height (and I would guess for the people below average height too).

I used to give the advice of getting a proper fitting, which is the advice most WRX’rs give, but I had an iron fitting with one of the top fitters in Canada that gave me completely incorrect advice last year (+1.5” and 2* upright), that I find it tough to give that advice anymore either.

Unfortunately it seems like trial and error is the best way to go, and everyone’s body makeup and swing characteristics are totally different.

Now I’ve found +1” and 1* upright works best for me in irons and wedges at 6’7 with a 6’11 wingspan, and my Hybrid and UW are bent 1* Upright and +0.5” long.

For Driver I added +0.5” also, and need to have a lie angle of at least 60* from what I’ve experienced. But none of those specs would necessarily work for you, which is the frustrating thing about Golf equipment, Lol!

For shorter Driver shafts, the Club Tech section of WRX is probably the best place to go for advice on that.

Agree with this... "fitting" never seems to work out. I got so tired that now as @BallerNatementions I buy the equipment first (I have a good idea of specs that work) and then tinker from there... I went shorter driver shaft funny enough but things like irons etc. Order, try, tweak... its a process. But only way when you need over length shafts, thicker grips etc and aren't a tour player!

Fitting is all done with a stock 7 iron, lucky if you can get +0.5" over. Always a thin grip, on a mat... how on earth is that close to reality!

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 LS Driver, Project X Hzrdus Black, 70g 6.5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, True Temper X100

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Biomech Acculock Ace / Ping B90 Broomstick

2 hours ago, TreqJosh said:

This is a major source of frustration for me too! There isn’t that much availability to get fitted using grass, even here in Australia. 

No, same thing in Canada unfortunately.

Only opportunities to do fittings on grass are when OEM’s have fitting days at courses with grass driving ranges, but those are obviously rare unfortunately.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Agree with this... "fitting" never seems to work out. I got so tired that now as @BallerNatementions I buy the equipment first (I have a good idea of specs that work) and then tinker from there... I went shorter driver shaft funny enough but things like irons etc. Order, try, tweak... its a process. But only way when you need over length shafts, thicker grips etc and aren't a tour player!

Fitting is all done with a stock 7 iron, lucky if you can get +0.5" over. Always a thin grip, on a mat... how on earth is that close to reality!

💯💯💯 

African American Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

No, same thing in Canada unfortunately.

Only opportunities to do fittings on grass are when OEM’s have fitting days at courses with grass driving ranges, but those are obviously rare unfortunately.

Probably doesn’t help when you only have 5 weeks of summer per year 😜 grass must be really hard to find. I kid I kid…I honestly respect your commitment to finding the right equipment. I don’t know if I would have the determination it takes to hook up the dogs to the sled and mush them through the wild down to the local Golf Galaxy.😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

1 hour ago, MikeW2 said:

Probably doesn’t help when you only have 5 weeks of summer per year 😜 grass must be really hard to find. I kid I kid…I honestly respect your commitment to finding the right equipment. I don’t know if I would have the determination it takes to hook up the dogs to the sled and mush them through the wild down to the local Golf Galaxy.😂😂😂

Bruh…I thought we were on the same side. Now I see otherwise. 
Freezing Cold Weather GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by BallerNate
  • Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Well, sometimes you look for the club, and sometimes it finds you.

Went in to my local shop today for their big annual grip sale, and came across this beauty for an incredible deal!

Those of you fellow junkies who’ve followed my journey know that the OG Rogue was my favorite Driver ever, and the Hzrdus Smoke has been one of my favorite shafts. Never tried the two together though, so very excited to give that a go!

The Old vs New Rogue battle in the Spring should be really fun!! 🚀🚀🚀 

1B88D94D-3033-40D1-9758-6D9BD4564739.jpeg

Rogue 2.jpg

Rogue 3.jpg

Rogue 4.jpg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Well, sometimes you look for the club, and sometimes it finds you.

Went in to my local shop today for their big annual grip sale, and came across this beauty for an incredible deal!

That reminds me I should go stock up on grips. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

46 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That reminds me I should go stock up on grips. 

Indeed…you’re welcome! ; )

I ended up ordering from the Golf Town website because they didn’t have my go-to putter grip in stock at my local shop.

I’ve got 17 Lamkin Crossline Midsize Black grips on the way plus 2 Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny Pistol putter grips! I’ve tried a ton of other grips, but nothing beats these ones for me.

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

59 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Indeed…you’re welcome! ; )

I ended up ordering from the Golf Town website because they didn’t have my go-to putter grip in stock at my local shop.

I’ve got 17 Lamkin Crossline Midsize Black grips on the way plus 2 Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny Pistol putter grips! I’ve tried a ton of other grips, but nothing beats these ones for me.

I just went to the store by my house/work and got 10 of the GP MCC+4 Midsize grips so I can do my irons and wedges, woods are new enough or I may just order a few more grips and some putter grips as well.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

I just went to the store by my house/work and got 10 of the GP MCC+4 Midsize grips so I can do my irons and wedges, woods are new enough or I may just order a few more grips and some putter grips as well.

Nice! 10 sounds a lot more reasonable than 17, but no one ever said I was reasonable, Lol!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 6/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, BallerNate said:

A couple more updates to the bag. Got a new headcover for the new Odyssey...this one is called “Fore the Birds” by E9 Golf! So I’ll have a counter-look to go-to with White/Black headcovers to switch it up when I’m not going Red/White/Black...kind of like Home & Away jerseys! 😉

Also extended the Odyssey White Hot Pro 1 to 36” and added a Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny Pistol grip to match the TM SOTO TP putter. Will be able to test them head-to-head now...seems like the main difference is just the face insert and sight line, but I think both are really good.

D6AFF473-FE88-49C1-B473-A8960462AAFC.jpeg

466BC6E1-E126-4DBA-B255-177430C91450.jpeg

1145CD12-EFD4-4D29-B614-5F95A95682F3.jpeg

4994EF63-CFE3-4CF8-AD50-95A71112B9E6.jpeg

418451F7-8F5F-4F5F-AA88-2B2A0D19AB49.jpeg

0FE8D63C-1326-4192-8C3A-CC210219C746.jpeg

420E15F3-4BDA-457D-A477-F8FEA99B07E3.jpeg

CAE8D113-C177-48F7-ADF3-4F2901A80E84.jpeg

75691184-811D-47C2-B04E-ACA65496FDBC.jpeg

How is the quality of the E9 cover?  Thinking of getting the white birds cover as well.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST