BallerNate’s WITB

Nate, Have you ever tried X flex shaft. I noticed we both had Sim Max with the same shaft in stiff. I swopped out to X flex AV Raw Blue and it improved my dispersion so much. I still play Stiff in every other clubs. BTW I hope you stick with the stealth so you dont have to buy a new 3 wood and hybrid to match lol..... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kmay__ said:

Ooooh that thing is sweet man. You been out yet? We've played 4 or 5 rounds down here in Niagara so far, mens league night starts tomorrow night!

Thanks man! My first round out was April 4th which was absolutely miserable, so waited until today to get my 2nd round in.

Put the new Rogue ST Max in play today without a single swing or ball hit and the range and it was PHENOMENAL!!

Really loved the previous gen Rogue and regretted selling it, and this one was a natural fit right away too. Last season struggling with Driver was awful, so felt so good to be bombing drives again finally!! 🚀🚀🚀

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

OHHHHH i KNEW IT. I KNEW YOU WOULD AT SOME POINT TRY THIS DRIVER OUT OR BUY ONE HAHAHA WISH I MADE A PLUBLIC BET ON THIS. HAHAHA. But dude the new Rouge drivers are sweet if I did not love my Mavrik as much as I do. The Tripple Diamond driver and 3 wood be in my bag.

Bahaha…Dude, you crack me up!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah Brother, took it out for it’s maiden voyage today and was absolutely crushing the ball!! Struggled terribly with Driver last year, so felt so incredible to finally be hitting Fairways and getting consistent distance off the Tee…felt AMAZING!!!

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, Dannyboy44 said:

Nate, Have you ever tried X flex shaft. I noticed we both had Sim Max with the same shaft in stiff. I swopped out to X flex AV Raw Blue and it improved my dispersion so much. I still play Stiff in every other clubs. BTW I hope you stick with the stealth so you dont have to buy a new 3 wood and hybrid to match lol..... 

Bahaha!!! 🤣

Man…put the ST Max in play today and it was absolutely incredible, so it looks like it is firmly in place in the #1 spot!!

The Stealth Plus 3W actually should be very safe because I really don’t like the shallow-faced Fairway Wood trend that Callaway is going with currently. Their UW’s look pretty deep-faced, but the Rogue ST Fairways are definitely out for me.

As far as the Stealth Hybrid though, verdict is still out on that one…we’ll see.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

22 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Bahaha…Dude, you crack me up!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah Brother, took it out for it’s maiden voyage today and was absolutely crushing the ball!! Struggled terribly with Driver last year, so felt so incredible to finally be hitting Fairways and getting consistent distance off the Tee…felt AMAZING!!!

Glad you like my joke. I am proud of myself because I used to buy stuff like you. I hope it serves you well. Its a sick looking driver. 

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Bahaha!!! 🤣

Man…put the ST Max in play today and it was absolutely incredible, so it looks like it is firmly in place in the #1 spot!!

The Stealth Plus 3W actually should be very safe because I really don’t like the shallow-faced Fairway Wood trend that Callaway is going with currently. Their UW’s look pretty deep-faced, but the Rogue ST Fairways are definitely out for me.

As far as the Stealth Hybrid though, verdict is still out on that one…we’ll see.

If you struggle at all with fairways give the UW a shot awesome club

are the srixons going to survive the season?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

Glad you like my joke. I am proud of myself because I used to buy stuff like you. I hope it serves you well. Its a sick looking driver. 

Thanks my man, I think the ST Max is going to be really good!! Can't wait to get it fully dialed in.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

23 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

If you struggle at all with fairways give the UW a shot awesome club

are the srixons going to survive the season?

Good to know...definitely will keep my eye on the UW. Not loving my Hybrid right now, so might consider trying a 5W instead of it...we'll see.

Great question on the ZX5/ZX7's. My plan was to keep them in the bag until at least the end of the season, then re-evaluate afterwards, but time will tell. Was loving them last season and hit them well, but going through a rough patch with my Irons right now and am going to have to fight the urge to replace them and blame them for my current swing issues. I think the problems are more related to spending way too much time hitting balls off mats, and now have to get used to hitting off grass again and uneven lies etc, but we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I agree with @BostonWRX. Give the UW a look. Its really a great all around club. I am very shallow with my swing and the UW is the perfect gap from my 3HL to my 5i

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, agood3putt said:

I agree with @BostonWRX. Give the UW a look. Its really a great all around club. I am very shallow with my swing and the UW is the perfect gap from my 3HL to my 5i

Ok cool, good to know. Will definitely give it a hard look…officially decided in the last week that the Stealth Hybrid is absolutely not for me.

The biggest question I would have with the UW is, is it Draw biased or Fade biased, and how is the adjustability and forgiveness? The biggest problem I have with the Stealth Hybrid is that it seems like everything naturally wants to go to the right, and there’s no adjustability to try to reel it in and straighten it out.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Ok cool, good to know. Will definitely give it a hard look…officially decided in the last week that the Stealth Hybrid is absolutely not for me.

The biggest question I would have with the UW is, is it Draw biased or Fade biased, and how is the adjustability and forgiveness? The biggest problem I have with the Stealth Hybrid is that it seems like everything naturally wants to go to the right, and there’s no adjustability to try to reel it in and straighten it out.

UW for me is very straight biased. I struggle with hooking hybrids and even most fairways even though I’m a tall guy and play everything upright. The uw does not have adjustable neck and haven’t looked at the specs but if you play it like a fairway wood I haven’t had any issues with the hooks. The shaft helps a lot in getting fit into the right one. 

if your miss is right you’re probably best served testing it first or getting a club that has adjustability. 

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Are you playing the stock shaft in the stealth hybrid? That could also be the culprit for the right miss as it’s a pretty soft stock shaft 

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

2 hours ago, agood3putt said:

UW for me is very straight biased. I struggle with hooking hybrids and even most fairways even though I’m a tall guy and play everything upright. The uw does not have adjustable neck and haven’t looked at the specs but if you play it like a fairway wood I haven’t had any issues with the hooks. The shaft helps a lot in getting fit into the right one. 

if your miss is right you’re probably best served testing it first or getting a club that has adjustability. 

2 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Are you playing the stock shaft in the stealth hybrid? That could also be the culprit for the right miss as it’s a pretty soft stock shaft 

Good to know. Yeah, I’ve learned the hard way how important adjustability is for Woods and Hybrids when you’re tall like us.

The Stealth Hybrid I have has the stock Ventus Red 7-S shaft. I thought it would be similar to the SIM Max Hybrid that worked well for me last season, but it was much more straight biased and the Stealth is all the way right. I can’t hit the thing straight or left if someone paid me, Smh. 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Well, I guess my 2022 bag wasn’t set after all, Lol!

More major bag turnover happening over the next couple of weeks…stay tuned!! 😉🤣

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

225s?

Close…rhymes with sailor paid! 😉

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

17 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

Should skip the 790s and go right to the 225s

Haha…we’ll see, time will tell!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Here’s the first big move. The ZX7’s felt amazing, and they are pretty forgiving for what they are. But the days I wasn’t striking the ball well could get really ugly very quickly.

Started thinking about something with more forgiveness and distance, and have heard great things about these beauties…so figured I’d test them for myself! 

ACA4D0F3-EB86-454F-A675-A24505B24A93.jpeg

B9E095E6-D2FB-43A5-8806-29A5BDC45CD0.jpeg

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

48 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Here’s the first big move. The ZX7’s felt amazing, and they are pretty forgiving for what they are. But the days I wasn’t striking the ball well could get really ugly very quickly.

Started thinking about something with more forgiveness and distance, and have heard great things about these beauties…so figured I’d test them for myself! 

Let us know how they compare. I have zx5/zx7 combo now. Just ordered 225s but considered 790s as well. So sharp looking 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Let us know how they compare. I have zx5/zx7 combo now. Just ordered 225s but considered 790s as well. So sharp looking 

Thanks my man, I’ll keep you guys posted for sure!

ZX7’s are gorgeous and feel amazing, but just started feeling like they’re too demanding for where my ball-striking is at, and I just never have enough time to practice and play as much as I’d like.

I’ve had good experiences with TM irons in the past too, so hopefully these are ones that can stick in the bag for a while!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

So question based on some of our talks how are the Dynamic gold 105 shafts compared to your Modus shafts. You know I am wanting to possibly change from the standard dynamic gold 130g s400 shafts. I am throwing the idea of the Modus or the lighter dynamic gold shafts 

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

9 hours ago, Shanks2424 said:

So question based on some of our talks how are the Dynamic gold 105 shafts compared to your Modus shafts. You know I am wanting to possibly change from the standard dynamic gold 130g s400 shafts. I am throwing the idea of the Modus or the lighter dynamic gold shafts 

I’ll definitely keep you posted man.

Supposed to rain here today and tomorrow, but as soon as there’s a break in the weather I’ll be out on the range or on the course and will let you know!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Just got my first range session in with the P790’s and I absolutely LOVE them!! 😍😍

I decided to test them with standard loft, lie, and length before I get them extended and adjusted to make sure they are a fit and see how they felt, and they are dynamite!

The biggest issue I had with the ‘17 and ‘19 P790’s that I tested was the clickyness, lack of feel, and lack of distance control…but all those issues seem to have been resolved with this version of the P790.

Feel was surprisingly good, distance control seemed to be very good, and they definitely felt explosive off the face and very forgiving compared to the ZX5/ZX7’s I’ve had in play.

And to answer your question @Shanks2424, the DG S300 105 shafts performed really well as well. Smooth and easy to swing, they definitely compare favourably to the Modus Tour 120’s…should be very good!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Just got my first range session in with the P790’s and I absolutely LOVE them!! 😍😍

I decided to test them with standard loft, lie, and length before I get them extended and adjusted to make sure they are a fit and see how they felt, and they are dynamite!

The biggest issue I had with the ‘17 and ‘19 P790’s that I tested was the clickyness, lack of feel, and lack of distance control…but all those issues seem to have been resolved with this version of the P790.

Feel was surprisingly good, distance control seemed to be very good, and they definitely felt explosive off the face and very forgiving compared to the ZX5/ZX7’s I’ve had in play.

And to answer your question @Shanks2424, the DG S300 105 shafts performed really well as well. Smooth and easy to swing, they definitely compare favourably to the Modus Tour 120’s…should be very good!

They look unreal. I’ve only hit the 17s for a short stint. Didn’t like the turf interaction. Keep itching to try the new ones 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

They look unreal. I’ve only hit the 17s for a short stint. Didn’t like the turf interaction. Keep itching to try the new ones 

Yeah man, they’re gorgeous!

Honestly, I wasn’t a big fan of the 17’s or 19’s either overall, but these ones should be $$$‼️

I think the most surprising thing about my first range session with them was how much I like the short irons, and how much better the feel and control are vs the previous versions.

My favourite clubs to hit on Day 1 were the PW and the 5-iron…never thought I would say that about a long iron, and never thought I would say that about a P790 PW, Lol!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Delivery Day!! 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Special thanks to Callaway Canada for the lightning fast custom order!! Ordered this beauty 1* up and 0.5” long on Saturday the 30th, and already got it today in only 5 days!! 

Has a great weight, look, and feel to it…hopefully it performs just as well! 

7FC40173-5910-4C46-AE6A-A14D698BC558.jpeg

649006AA-BC72-4616-B234-2D5BB6218BC9.jpeg

CC92A13E-2719-4D00-811A-260C9F4EDFB6.jpeg

• Like 3

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 hours ago, capking said:

This thread is going to be great when you start getting into aftermarket shafts or headcovers haha. 

🤣🤣🤣 Hahaha!! Oh no, I’m addicted to buying headcovers too, I just don’t post them all, Lol!!

• Haha 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 5/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, BallerNate said:

Delivery Day!! 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Special thanks to Callaway Canada for the lightning fast custom order!! Ordered this beauty 1* up and 0.5” long on Saturday the 30th, and already got it today in only 5 days!! 

Has a great weight, look, and feel to it…hopefully it performs just as well! 

7FC40173-5910-4C46-AE6A-A14D698BC558.jpeg

649006AA-BC72-4616-B234-2D5BB6218BC9.jpeg

CC92A13E-2719-4D00-811A-260C9F4EDFB6.jpeg

That's a sharp looking hybrid.

• Like 1

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024