2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

WedgeWorks Low Bounce K

MPAndreassi

Anybody playing one? How do you like it? I just put in an order for one after hitting the SM8s the other day. I’m shifting to a 54 and 58 for next season, from a 55 and 60. Currently play a 60* MD5 low bounce W which is basically the same idea as what I ordered. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

Easily becoming my favorite wedge of all time based on consistently great results. Low measured bounce means you can get into turf easily and get under the ball even on tight lies (I chipped off of a firm, links style green last weekend) but the higher effective bounce from the wide sole means it still resists digging and is very forgiving out of the sand. The only thing that can really improve on it is a small amount of heel relief for opening up around the greens, which I had done with zero regrets. The only thing you can't do with it is turn it wide open without the leading edge getting pretty high, but that is not what this type of wedge is meant for anyway. I'll likely never be without a wedge like this in my bag from now on. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Easily becoming my favorite wedge of all time based on consistently great results. Low measured bounce means you can get into turf easily and get under the ball even on tight lies (I chipped off of a firm, links style green last weekend) but the higher effective bounce from the wide sole means it still resists digging and is very forgiving out of the sand. The only thing that can really improve on it is a small amount of heel relief for opening up around the greens, which I had done with zero regrets. The only thing you can't do with it is turn it wide open without the leading edge getting pretty high, but that is not what this type of wedge is meant for anyway. I'll likely never be without a wedge like this in my bag from now on. 

That’s how I feel about the MD5 I have. I don’t ever really need to open the face all the way up so that’s not to big of a concern for me. I ordered a 54 D grind as well, which is basically a bigger bounce M grind. That’s really the club I use most of the time around the green for any kind of shots I need to manufacture. That one measures at 12* but has heel, toe and trailing edge relief. 

• Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

7 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Great info thx. I play all chips with a slightly open face so that should be perfect I’m assuming 

14 hours ago, wdaig1 said:

I have one on order.  Can’t wait to hit it.

I ordered one too, great option for certain courses and conditions.  

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

On 12/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, MPAndreassi said:

Anybody playing one? How do you like it? I just put in an order for one after hitting the SM8s the other day. I’m shifting to a 54 and 58 for next season, from a 55 and 60. Currently play a 60* MD5 low bounce W which is basically the same idea as what I ordered. 

I am on my second one.  had the Oil can Wedgewroks version which i think was SM6 Gen.  I reupped this year for the raw Sm8 version.  I love this wedge in the sand and around the greens in rough.  basically use my 55 on short grass shots but its silly how good the low k works in the sand

60 wedge.jpg

• Like 1

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

On 12/10/2020 at 8:18 AM, Valtiel said:

I’m on my second one and this is exactly right. I generally don’t have the nerve to open a wedge way up off a tight lie anyway, so the low bounce k is perfect for me. 

Ping G430 LST Driver 10.5* (set @ Flat)  Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X

Callaway '21 Apex UW 17* Ventus Blue 7X
Ping G410 Hybrids 22* & 26* (set @ F- to 21* & 25*) Even Flow Black 85 6.5
Titleist '21 T100S 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D, DG Wedge
Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 CTR 35"

I have one with a TON of heel relief great wedge and the custom grind takes it over the top..

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I played the WedgeWorks K grind for years..  Awesome on full shots and out of bunkers. 

It was hard to believe that the hunk of the K grind could be laid open and still be flush to the ground..  I do play Fourteen wedges for the past few years now.. Still have some K grinds in the garage.. Might take them out this week.. LOL

• Like 2

Can attest to what everyone else has said. I played it this year and couldnt have been happier. I swapped out my 58 D grind for it and found it to be a perfect. Great for tight lies and firm wet sand but also works in soft sand due to the wider sole. Only regret is that i didnt add some heel relief

Picked up cobra king wide low 58-6 this year, fantastic lob wedge.  Full shots, tight lies, any sand shots. I used to chip with gap wedge but have been a convert to the 58 with this grind.  Wedgeworks Heel grind customization for lb K would be interesting for some open face versatility, but wonder how that might detract from the wide grind benefits.

I play a TaylorMade 60* Milled Grind HB 12* came to love the wide sole from full shots to around the green and especially sand. I do miss a little heel relief to get the leading edge lower but to not have to worry about dig. After reading thinking a LBW would be a great transition for that reason but never played anything with that little bounce may be a mental hurdle till the reps get in with it. Might have to Buy to try and that's the best way to test!

On 12/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, Sandy cheeks said:

Looking now at the callaway low bounce wide sole 58. Does this play the same as the low bounce K?  Seems like an easier option to get than ordering a custom vokey 

I have a low bounce W that I played this season that I really liked. That’s what led me to the K. I’m moving to a 54 and 58 for next season and shifting to the vokeys. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

Currently enjoying a 58D and its versatility, but the idea of a 58 low bounce K grind is really intriguing.  From what I've read, it seems that the LBK can handle most everything the 58D does, albeit in a different way.  Are there certain situations/conditions that clearly are not favorable with the LBK?  Edit to add: I rarely open the face a great deal.

Edited by Tommy56
Added text

Half the clubs, twice the fun!

8 minutes ago, Tommy56 said:

Currently enjoying a 58D and its versatility, but the idea of a 58 low bounce K grind is really intriguing.  From what I've read, it seems that the LBK can handle most everything the 58D does, albeit in a different way.  Are there certain situations/conditions that clearly are not favorable with the LBK?  Edit to add: I rarely open the face a great deal.

I’m  playing a 54D and my 58LBK will be here Monday. All the snow here should be gone and my course should be open sometime next week, looking forward to getting the LBK outside. 

I use the 54 for almost everything because of how versatile it is, but will use the LBK for bunker shots and shots out of thicker green side rough. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, MPAndreassi said:

I’m  playing a 54D and my 58LBK will be here Monday. All the snow here should be gone and my course should be open sometime next week, looking forward to getting the LBK outside. 

I use the 54 for almost everything because of how versatile it is, but will use the LBK for bunker shots and shots out of thicker green side rough. 

Have you had a chance to get the 58-KLB outside yet?  If so, is it a keeper?  Could post a pic from address and/or table top level from the toe?  I’m trying to picture how closely the leading edge sits to the ground...

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

12 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

Have you had a chance to get the 58-KLB outside yet?  If so, is it a keeper?  Could post a pic from address and/or table top level from the toe?  I’m trying to picture how closely the leading edge sits to the ground...

Ive played about a dozen or so rounds with it and really like it. It’s a keeper for me. It sits surprisingly low to the ground considered with width of it. It’s not off putting at all, and doesn’t give me the feeling of it’s going to hit it thin. I really don’t have any issues hitting it off of tighter lies unless I lay the face way open, which I don’t do much of at all. Opening the face a little bit it’s just fine. I think the low bounce helps with offsetting the wider sole quite a bit. It’s like magic out of the bunkers. It does everything I want it to do. I’m not missing anything, but if you do play more open faced shots off of tighter lies, the heel relief would be the only thing I add to it. 

2D0EF60D-71A2-476D-A2BB-290FFCE21EC1.jpeg

FFAC0050-1ABD-472D-8EC6-0C05374468F9.jpeg

• Like 2

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

1 hour ago, Aviador Naval said:

^^ Thank you!

Given your location and the time of year, I assume conditions are soft.  Any issue with digging?

Yeah, it’s very soft right now. Bunkers are hit or miss depending on time of the day. No issues with digging at all. 

• Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

Here is one with a "MASHED" heel grind... I need to clean as it rained last time I played in October🤓

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

• Like 2

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Ive played about a dozen or so rounds with it and really like it. It’s a keeper for me. It sits surprisingly low to the ground considered with width of it. It’s not off putting at all, and doesn’t give me the feeling of it’s going to hit it thin. I really don’t have any issues hitting it off of tighter lies unless I lay the face way open, which I don’t do much of at all. Opening the face a little bit it’s just fine. I think the low bounce helps with offsetting the wider sole quite a bit. It’s like magic out of the bunkers. It does everything I want it to do. I’m not missing anything, but if you do play more open faced shots off of tighter lies, the heel relief would be the only thing I add to it. 

2D0EF60D-71A2-476D-A2BB-290FFCE21EC1.jpeg

FFAC0050-1ABD-472D-8EC6-0C05374468F9.jpeg

Did you get this LBK with any profile hand grinds? The toe looks more rounded than my 60T.

16 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Did you get this LBK with any profile hand grinds? The toe looks more rounded than my 60T.

I did not, I opted for the chrome/satin finish. They’ll only do hand grinds on the raw ones. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1