2021 Lamkin Product

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want more cord give them a good scrub with Comet and a green 3M pad.  It'll expose more cord and will make them tackier.  Another trick is to not use a dryer sheet when you dry your golf towels

Wasn't that just a Deep Etch Cord?

My understanding is the +2 is supposed to simulate two extra wraps, that is what it probably feel like to me (noticeably more than a standard grip but also clearly not as thick as a MCC+4).  I’d sa

Posted Images

On 12/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Stetson said:

Anyone know how these compare to the GP BCT grips?  They seem similar based on the Lamkin site’s description of a soft cord grip. 

Are you talking about the Genesis Crossline Cord??

Similar yes in that it's a full cord 52 gram grip.

But they are very different grips the Crossline Genesis will be more tacky & it will give your hands a "softer feel" than the GP Tour V Cord which will feel a good bit more abrasive.

Taylormade mySIM2 murdered out 10.5 (Set to 9.75U) Fujikura SpeederTR 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

On 12/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, leftygolfer15 said:

Bring back the Tour Black Cord! My favorite all-time grip and the only ones I’ll use. I’ve had to resort to scavenging off eBay to find them. Even then, not popping up frequently anymore. 

The only grip I liked better than this was the Performance Plus Cord.   My two favorite grips ever and they make neither of them any longer.  

• Like 1

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

On 12/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, jt2gt said:

Not a big cord fan...really wish they would do a non corded UTX or even a REL ACE 3gen reboot.  Oh well...keep searching ebay and stocking up.   

I'd put up a WTB ad for REL grips, but ever WTB I post, I get a message that Karen has my item at a low price if I just email or text her at this number. 🤣

UTX as it is currently is the holy grail for me

• Like 3

Loved the REL and UTX grips. But my fav discontinued Lamkin was the Lamkin I-line grips.  Super tacky and soft.  Loved them.  

I do love the sonars now.   Wish the graphics were different tho.  

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

On 12/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, getair23 said:

What is the difference between the 360 Genesis Cord and the UTX?  These look a lot like the Blue UTX I have laying around.

One is a Crossline Genesis and one is not.

I prefer the Crossllne over the UTX.

UTX seem firmer, more cord-like. Did not find it tacky at all.

Genesis material is slightly softer.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

Primary Bag:

Callaway Epic Speed 9; Epic Max 9 ● Mizuno STZ 5 wd/Motore F3 6 ● SIM Max 4H/Accra FX 2.0 200 ● Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95 ● Mizuno MP T20 50, 55, 59/Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125 ● Swag Savage Too.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:09 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

There's a new ST2 Hybrid '360' as well.

I play the ST2 hybrid right now and it's a fantastic grip.

What grip did you play before? I used to play the UTx and loved it. Now I play the Golf Pride MCC. I feel like the ST2 Hybrid is halfway between the UTx and MCC. Might have to give this grip a shot. Currently experimenting with the Tour Velvet +4. I like reduced taper, but +4 in the lower hand is a little too much. 

Cobra RAD XB 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U500 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

8 hours ago, cw1209 said:

What grip did you play before? I used to play the UTx and loved it. Now I play the Golf Pride MCC. I feel like the ST2 Hybrid is halfway between the UTx and MCC. Might have to give this grip a shot. Currently experimenting with the Tour Velvet +4. I like reduced taper, but +4 in the lower hand is a little too much. 

+4 is too much for me also

I had lots of different grips/configurations previously. Lamkin 360 most recently with 1 and 2 wraps under the lower half. Also had the Sonar and Sonar tour for a bit as well with different wrappings under.

Now the Hybrid with one standard wrap under is all I use. More more simple and effective.

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + ATMOS TS Blue / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + Diamana Thump  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

On 12/10/2020 at 5:48 PM, PhlashPhace said:

Looks like Lamkin is adding its 2021 product to their website.  Crossline 360 Genesis Cord looks good.  I was almost tempted to put a TM version on my Callaway driver this year to try it.

Haha I almost did the same with all my clubs and none of them are Taylormade. I really liked that grip a lot and I'm super happy they are releasing it in a non OEM brand version. I think it kind of feels like the Golf Pride z-cord grip, but not quite as aggressive.  

I wish they would retail the Jumbo Deep Etched grips they make for Bettinardi but without the Betti logo. 

I love those grips but they look odd on non-Betti putters. 

Edited by Cheesehead42
  • Like 1

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

On 12/11/2020 at 10:13 AM, MattM97 said:

Considering he just switched to it after years using the Pingman that would be a bit of a stretch. 

Exactly. The ping man is the goat grip.  

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, tomuch23 said:

The new genesis cord is much softer and real easy on the hands. It's going to be a hit for people who don't like the roughness/hardness of traditional cord but would enjoy a softer version. 

I’m not a fan of this.  As a cord  lover. The harshness is what I love. Less torque in the hands.  Golf pride missed the boat with their new cord putter grips.  They are too big.  And too soft.  I ordered one ( red star ) and hated it.  I was hoping for a titleist cord remake.  Wasn’t the case. 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Just ordered a ST2 Hybrid and TS1 to try out. Will be comparing them to a GP TV +4, MMC, Z Grip and TV Align. Very little information on this site about the TS1 grip? Anyone have any experience with it? I see Molinari using it, but have never seen it in a golf shop. Is the TS1 a new release too? 

Edited by cw1209

Cobra RAD XB 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U500 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

Any feedback for those who game or have tried the new grey Lamkin Crossline Plus grip? 

I’d specifically like to know how durable and soft they are? For example are they as soft and squishy feeling as the bottom half of the Golf Pride MCC+4?

Edited by ace036

Titleist TSi2 11° - Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
Srixon ZX Utility 20° - UST Recoil 95s
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
Titleist SM7 50.12F - KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
Titleist SM7 54.08M (55°) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s
Titleist SM7 60.12D - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s

Taylormade Spider Tour

Does anyone have an issue with their UTX grips where some versions of the grip don't seem to have near as much cord exposed as the other ones?  I have some red ones, black ones, and the blue distressed ones and for the life of me, the black and red ones seems more slick than the distressed blue ones.  The blue ones have the most exposed cord from what I can see.  Been debating about just taking some sand paper to it just to rough them up.  Sorry, little off topic...

SIM2 - G410 LST - something random - G410 Crossover 20* - i500 5-W (5i 2* strong, 6i 1* strong) - MD 52*, PM 58* & 64* - F22
On 12/27/2020 at 12:13 AM, cw1209 said:

How about trying the TV in a mid-size. 

On 12/31/2020 at 4:47 PM, ace036 said:

Any feedback for those who game or have tried the new grey Lamkin Crossline Plus grip? 

I’d specifically like to know how durable and soft they are? For example are they as soft and squishy feeling as the bottom half of the Golf Pride MCC+4?

I liked the Lamkin Crossline Plus but didn't love them. Mainly because I was first getting use to the plus size grips. They are on the firmer side, not squishy. Now, I love the Sonar standards which has some thickness on the lower hand with some softness and stickyness. I still like the 360 crossline grays, if I can buy them retail, I'd be tempted to stick with them, they are priced well at 5.99.  

Edited by Tanner25
On 12/25/2020 at 12:19 AM, johny719 said:

Does someone know definitively whether Lamkin UTX or GP Z cords last longer?

I switched from UTX to the Z Cord last year. The Z Cord definitely last longer but I'm going back to the UTX. The Z Cord gets kind of slick in humidity and rain because it's so firm.

• Like 1

SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
TaylorMade TP UDI 3i- Recoil 110 F5

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S
SM8 58M
Scotty Studio Stainless NP2 

5 hours ago, williaza said:

I know im way off base here but anyone ever use the TS1? Any reviews and how built up are they?

Experimenting with grips at the moment and I have a TS1 midsize on a club for comparison. Feels slightly smaller than a Golf Pride midsize in the upper hand, +3 wraps in the lower hand. Not quite as dramatic as the GP +4 line. Nice firm material with good traction. Underrated grip. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Experimenting with grips at the moment and I have a TS1 midsize on a club for comparison. Feels slightly smaller than a Golf Pride midsize in the upper hand, +3 wraps in the lower hand. Not quite as dramatic as the GP +4 line. Nice firm material with good traction. Underrated grip. 

Have you used the Players Cord+ at all in the past? 

I'm interested in trying the TS1 midsize for comparison. I love the Players Cord+ but since they've only made them in standard, I find myself needing to add more wraps than I'd like to get to a good diameter in the upper hand. Curious how the TS1 mid would compare to this specifically

Looks like Lamkin is adding its 2021 product to their website.  Crossline 360 Genesis Cord looks good.  I was almost tempted to put a TM version on my Callaway driver this year to try it.

I have Lamkin Crossline 360 Genesis Cord (TM version) on my irons, wedges, and woods right now. Came from both GolfPride BCT and before that the Lamkin Players Cord (now discontinued). Compared to a traditional cord grip, like GP's BCT, the Players Cord was very similar with perhaps a bit thicker rubber (and a tad softer) than BCT. The Genesis's rubber component is even softer than the Players Cord, but the cord portion of the grip seems to be elevated farther above the rubber portion so the Genesis feels more "cord-y" than the Players (if that makes sense). With the Genesis feeling softer, it also seems to get less slippery. 

Regardless, I highly recommend the Crossline 360 Genesis Cord for folks who like the feel of cord but prefer something less harsh than traditional cord grips (i.e. Crossline Full Cord or GolfPride BCT)

• Like 1

SIM 9* Tour AD IZ 6S //  SIM 15* YS NanoReloaded 7S //  SIM 19* Tour AD DI 7S //  P770 KBS $-Taper 110 //  MG2 KBS $-Taper 110 //  Hi-Toe KBS $-Taper 110 //  Spider X SuperStroke 1.0 PT //  TP5X

I have Lamkin Crossline 360 Genesis Cord (TM version) on my irons, wedges, and woods right now. Came from both GolfPride BCT and before that the Lamkin Players Cord (now discontinued). Compared to a traditional cord grip, like GP's BCT, the Players Cord was very similar with perhaps a bit thicker rubber (and a tad softer) than BCT. The Genesis's rubber component is even softer than the Players Cord, but the cord portion of the grip seems to be elevated farther above the rubber portion so the Genesis feels more "cord-y" than the Players (if that makes sense). With the Genesis feeling softer, it also seems to get less slippery. 

Regardless, I highly recommend the Crossline 360 Genesis Cord for folks who like the feel of cord but prefer something less harsh than traditional cord grips (i.e. Crossline Full Cord or GolfPride BCT)

SIM 9* Tour AD IZ 6S //  SIM 15* YS NanoReloaded 7S //  SIM 19* Tour AD DI 7S //  P770 KBS $-Taper 110 //  MG2 KBS $-Taper 110 //  Hi-Toe KBS $-Taper 110 //  Spider X SuperStroke 1.0 PT //  TP5X

7 hours ago, leftymatt said:

Have you used the Players Cord+ at all in the past? 

I'm interested in trying the TS1 midsize for comparison. I love the Players Cord+ but since they've only made them in standard, I find myself needing to add more wraps than I'd like to get to a good diameter in the upper hand. Curious how the TS1 mid would compare to this specifically

I haven't tried the Players Cord. Kind of wish I had because its looks like the only option for a reduced taper full cord grip. For the most part, weight gives you a good reference to relative size as long as the taper rate is similar. Players cord + at 54 grams and TS1 midsize at 57 grams. A strip of tape is about 2 grams. TS1 mid will feel about like a Players cord + with 1-2 extra wraps of tape. 

• Like 1

I am a UTx guy -- I love those grips.  I just wish the colors would come back.  The distressed blue and the Masters greens were hot fire. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Autoflex 505X or Tensei Pro Orange 60TX

TM Sim 15* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Cobra F7 2-3hy w/ Matrix Ozik Red Tie 85s

Cobra Forged Tec (2020) One Length 4i-PW w/ KBS C-Taper Limited 120g

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50/54/58 w/ Nippon Modus 3 105S

Bettinardi Tour Issue DASS Kuchar Model 1 ("KM1") Armlock

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV

On 1/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, J_Tizzle said:

Does anyone have an issue with their UTX grips where some versions of the grip don't seem to have near as much cord exposed as the other ones?  I have some red ones, black ones, and the blue distressed ones and for the life of me, the black and red ones seems more slick than the distressed blue ones.  The blue ones have the most exposed cord from what I can see.  Been debating about just taking some sand paper to it just to rough them up.  Sorry, little off topic...

Are the black ones "OEM" grips.  I was told by a Lamkin rep the black Taylormade UTx grips that were stock on P790s were a "cordless" version of the UTx. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Autoflex 505X or Tensei Pro Orange 60TX

TM Sim 15* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Cobra F7 2-3hy w/ Matrix Ozik Red Tie 85s

Cobra Forged Tec (2020) One Length 4i-PW w/ KBS C-Taper Limited 120g

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50/54/58 w/ Nippon Modus 3 105S

Bettinardi Tour Issue DASS Kuchar Model 1 ("KM1") Armlock

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV