2021 Club Cameron releases

Yanki01

12 minutes ago, dillardiv said:

Does anyone know if Titleist sells this bag shape generally? I don't think I could pull off carrying the serape bag out there with all the Circle Ts on it, but I'd love one to game in a simple color/branding.

The Scotty bags are still made by Sun Mountain, at least the Pathfinder stand bag from the last release was. I’d assume this is as well. The Titleist bags have moved to Vessel according to another thread on here.

Edited by MPAndreassi
  • Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

1 hour ago, dillardiv said:

I think a random drop timing but with a tweet to announce it is a good solution. I hopped on 5-10 minutes after the email came in, pissed that I missed it, thinking it was a Tuesday. Tried to add a bag to my cart, checked out and lo and behold, it worked! I've got a strict 1 bag at a time rule from the wife, so it's time to put last year's Masters bag up on the Bay!

I agree.  I'm okay with random times as long as they notify people with a reliable system. Email isn't good enough for that and neither is instagram. Twitter notifications are the fastest and most reliable imo. I'm still not sure why they stopped doing that for releases unless they were tired of all the replies about how crappy the website was every time they tweeted a release.

Just now, ctime said:

I agree.  I'm okay with random times as long as they notify people with a reliable system. Email isn't good enough for that and neither is instagram. Twitter notifications are the fastest and most reliable imo. I'm still not sure why they stopped doing that for releases unless they were tired of all the replies about how crappy the website was every time they tweeted a release.

The tweet was useful but the timing was predictable so even folks that weren't savvy enough for tweet notifications were still on the site refreshing all at once. FWIW, I set an Outlook alert for Scotty Cameron emails after today's experience. 

1 minute ago, dillardiv said:

The tweet was useful but the timing was predictable so even folks that weren't savvy enough for tweet notifications were still on the site refreshing all at once. FWIW, I set an Outlook alert for Scotty Cameron emails after today's experience. 

Yeah I was usually checked out by the time the tweet went out. But if they decide to go with random times and days they need to tweet or do anything besides email

20 minutes ago, sdemo said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Scotty doesn’t “need” to change anything - he sells out every release.

The negative feedback is from folks who weren’t lucky enough to get something. We’ve all been there, and that’s how it goes.  

Candidly, email blasts make the most sense to me, anyway. Scotty requires an email to register for an account, so why wouldn’t he use that same list to let CC members know of a release? Any other notification method (eg Twitter et al) and he risks alienating folks who aren’t using those platforms. 

Think we all need to get back to feeling lucky if we get something - it’s a limited release after all - rather than feeling shafted and blaming somebody because we missed out. Play the game, or don’t. 

I honestly don’t get how it all sells at the moment the stuff is way behind most brands now in regards to design and quality

26 minutes ago, sdemo said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Scotty doesn’t “need” to change anything - he sells out every release.

The negative feedback is from folks who weren’t lucky enough to get something. We’ve all been there, and that’s how it goes.  

Candidly, email blasts make the most sense to me, anyway. Scotty requires an email to register for an account, so why wouldn’t he use that same list to let CC members know of a release? Any other notification method (eg Twitter et al) and he risks alienating folks who aren’t using those platforms. 

Think we all need to get back to feeling lucky if we get something - it’s a limited release after all - rather than feeling shafted and blaming somebody because we missed out. Play the game, or don’t. 

I would completely agree with you if we didnt need to pay for a membership to be able to buy things. Yes we get value from the membership kit (for those that have actually received it already), but if we are required to pay a premium to buy the releases we shouldnt "feel lucky" to happen to be checking emails or guessing when releases will be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zac1321 said:

I would completely agree with you if we didnt need to pay for a membership to be able to buy things. Yes we get value from the membership kit (for those that have actually received it already), but if we are required to pay a premium to buy the releases we shouldnt "feel lucky" to happen to be checking emails or guessing when releases will be. 

The combined value of the items in the membership kit is greater than the cost of membership. That we get access to buy limited release items is a bonus, no?

If he sold only as many memberships as he produces limited release items, then memberships would be much more expensive and would themselves sell out immediately. If he produces more limited release items, then the value of those items drops. 

In setting it up this way, there’s some fairness with the releases and even members who got the welcome kit alone still got their dollar’s worth. 

1 hour ago, Zac1321 said:

Exactly. If you're going to charge a membership fee then your members shouldn't have to play games or get lucky to get an email at the right time to have the chance to purchase. You know exactly how many members there are and should be able to scale up your website infrastructure to handle that number of people when you release a product.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sdemo said:

This isn't correct. Most of the negative feedback is from people who didn't even have a chance to get anything because the site didn't work. Before they changed the site most people had a chance to get something, albeit it was a small one, but it was still a chance.

Their new site is complete garbage and it isn't like they don't have the money to do things properly as it was working fine last year and the year before.

And "feeling lucky if we get something" is such a crappy way of looking at this that will never inspire change. Like we're peasants and we should only be as lucky for the bread crumbs the master gives us from his feast.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sdemo said:

The combined value of the items in the membership kit is greater than the cost of membership. That we get access to buy limited release items is a bonus, no?

If he sold only as many memberships as he produces limited release items, then memberships would be much more expensive and would themselves sell out immediately. If he produces more limited release items, then the value of those items drops. 

In setting it up this way, there’s some fairness with the releases and even members who got the welcome kit alone still got their dollar’s worth. 

while i am sure there are a number of people who paid for the membership specifically because they want the member kit, the vast majority (based on reading this and the threads from years past as well as my own reason for becoming a member) join to have the opportunity to purchase the drops. I think its extremely fair for people to criticize when there is no consistent drop day and very inconsistent notification on when that will be in general.

i havent seen a single person advocating for the # of memberships to equal the number of products release, part of the thrill and all of the exclusivity of it is the scarcity. i fully am on board with that. However what is frustrating is completely different.

If we were not required to pay a fee to have access to releases i would have no issue with what they are doing. However its a pretty scummy way to run a program that has a requirement to have people pay to have access and then (a) not provide advance notification of releases, (b) provide notifications day of after everything has sold out and (c) completely change the day of the week that releases occur.

• Like 2

I know nothing about websites, but it should definitely work alot more Efficiently.  
 I dont mind getting or not getting an item because of pure luck.  But its more then frustrating waiting/wasting 15-20+ minites for items to load into the cart and check Out.  
I was fortunate to spend nearly 15+ minutes to get a master bag last month.  After completing that transaction, I wasted my next 20 minutes trying to buy a shirt, which i didnt get. 
 Obviously I dont have to spend my money and time on these, i choose to. 

Im a numbers guy, i would love to know # members to # of pieces of  merchandise available for releases.  
   Merchandise available seems low compared to the paying members.  Im more then positive there are plenty of non-member customers that would purchase any remaining merchandise left over.  And im sure they would still rake in the dough.   Im guessing people think that would ruin the “limited” concept??

@Zac1321 I just read ur post as i typed This..100% agree w u.  Probably made a clearer point then my ramblings!

Edited by 3PuttLefty

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

Hated missing the bag. I may dump my lime Masters bag from this year to grab this one. For what the Masters bag is selling for, I should be able to get 3. Lol

I almost dont beleive that those ridiculous winning bids were paid. Its Insane. I Thought about selling mine but love it.   I actually like

the masters bag Better then the cinco.. thankfully. Not like i has a choice i missed out on the release by few minutes!!

Edited by 3PuttLefty

23 hours ago, 3PuttLefty said:

I know nothing about websites, but it should definitely work alot more Efficiently.  
 I dont mind getting or not getting an item because of pure luck.  But its more then frustrating waiting/wasting 15-20+ minites for items to load into the cart and check Out.  
I was fortunate to spend nearly 15+ minutes to get a master bag last month.  After completing that transaction, I wasted my next 20 minutes trying to buy a shirt, which i didnt get. 
 Obviously I dont have to spend my money and time on these, i choose to. 

Im a numbers guy, i would love to know # members to # of pieces of  merchandise available for releases.  
   Merchandise available seems low compared to the paying members.  Im more then positive there are plenty of non-member customers that would purchase any remaining merchandise left over.  And im sure they would still rake in the dough.   Im guessing people think that would ruin the “limited” concept??

@Zac1321 I just read ur post as i typed This..100% agree w u.  Probably made a clearer point then my ramblings!

Headcovers used to be limited to 500, not sure if that has changed or not. I think bags are substantially less. Not sure about the other items.  

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

3 hours ago, 3PuttLefty said:

I almost dont beleive that those ridiculous winning bids were paid. Its Insane. I Thought about selling mine but love it.   I actually like

the masters bag Better then the cinco.. thankfully. Not like i has a choice i missed out on the release by few minutes!!

I know what you mean, the money for the Masters bag is so tempting but I hate getting killed with ebay fees. I would game the cinco but not sure I would game the Masters based on being afraid of killing the value.

11 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

I don't understand the flipping aspect of these items.

The masters bag cost roughly $360-400/shipped I'm guessing and are selling for $2k plus on ebay.  Most people trying to snag scotty bags are purely doing it to profit on flipping them.  They are no better quality than a vessel or sun mountain yet 3 to 8 times the cost on the open market because a few rich people are fighting over the 50 or 75 that are produced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rory4Pres said:

The masters bag cost roughly $360-400/shipped I'm guessing and are selling for $2k plus on ebay.  Most people trying to snag scotty bags are purely doing it to profit on flipping them.  They are no better quality than a vessel or sun mountain yet 3 to 8 times the cost on the open market because a few rich people are fighting over the 50 or 75 that are produced.

Totally true. There are very few I would game, but a lot of people just get them to display putters. I've had lots of them with intentions of using them, but can't bring myself to do it when seeing the resale value.

• Like 2

Just got my Superfast Heavy-Metal T-shirt order in from last weeks release. WAIT, it's actually my Club Cameron kit!

Short call (and email) to Cameron to have them remedy the mix up and to get my shirt order fulfilled, (they are currently working on kits ordered on the 6th).

I'm really happy I upgraded my Cameron Kit to overnight shipping... -__-

Jeez.

45 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I know what you mean, the money for the Masters bag is so tempting but I hate getting killed with ebay fees. I would game the cinco but not sure I would game the Masters based on being afraid of killing the value.

The ebay fees are going to be nothing compared to the taxes the government is coming after next April.  Ebay and paypal both now have to report your "earnings" to the government thanks to a sneaky new law in a covid relief bill passed in January or february of this year.

Your $2k bag bag will now lose roughly $200-$240 to ebay, $50-100 in shipping cost and roughly 23-39% of whatever you profit to the government as earned revenue (based on your tax bracket).

There's going to be a lot of sneaker and swag/scotty flippers with an monster tax bill next year.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

The ebay fees are going to be nothing compared to the taxes the government is coming after next April.  Ebay and paypal both now have to report your "earnings" to the government thanks to a sneaky new law in a covid relief bill passed in January or february of this year.

Your $2k bag bag will now lose roughly $200-$240 to ebay, $50-100 in shipping cost and roughly 23-39% of whatever you profit to the government as earned revenue (based on your tax bracket).

There's going to be a lot of sneaker and swag/scotty flippers with an monster tax bill next year.  

This is not entirely true.  For most of the US, it's not an issue.  You would only have to report this on your taxes if you exceed $20k or 200 transactions in a year.  Some states though (like Virginia, maybe?) have stricter limits, and those guys are screwed.

But ebay does have to keep track of your sales transactions now because they are a payment processor.  It's no different from before when PayPal was keeping track of all of that.

3 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Totally true. There are very few I would game, but a lot of people just get them to display putters. I've had lots of them with intentions of using them, but can't bring myself to do it when seeing the resale value.

The Wanderer bags have lower resale and are great for a light carry/range bag.  I love my Wanderer from the Cinco release a few years back and use it all the time for executive and par 3 courses.

The Pathfinder stand bags are harder to justify using because you could buy 4 Vessel bags with the net profit from selling a Scotty stand bag.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DFW Snowman said:

This is not entirely true.  For most of the US, it's not an issue.  You would only have to report this on your taxes if you exceed $20k or 200 transactions in a year.  Some states though (like Virginia, maybe?) have stricter limits, and those guys are screwed.

But ebay does have to keep track of your sales transactions now because they are a payment processor.  It's no different from before when PayPal was keeping track of all of that.

That's the old law.  Here's the new law details.  Clear as mud....

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Interesting. I didn't realize the limits were changing. 

Probably doesn't affect the big time flippers who have already set up LLCs or something similar, but that's certainly a problem for the average Joe. 

Time to sell everything this year!

• Like 1

I’ve thought about joining and paying for the membership but after reading this thread I never will. Makes no sense to pay $150 for a chance to buy something. They should have enough inventory on most items for all members. Anything that doesn’t sell out to members goes to general public… isn’t that the idea?!? I have no problem with a few high end limited items but I don’t want to join a club just for a CHANCE to BUY a towel or a shirt. That’s insane… makes more sense just to pay the mark up on smaller items unless you really want something in the kit. 

• Like 1