Really TXG?

7 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Reviewing clubs, breaking down data and giving opinions on clubs. Essentially their spin on TXG but with Trackman.

I guess I don’t get your question. I’ve also never heard of these guys so you’re probably not going to hear thoughts about every pair of guys on YouTube who have a golf channel

trackman doesn’t artificially inflate distance for low spin shots , but is less accurate indoors and can also sometimes double or triple the spin rate for certain shots. Basically all LM have quirks with advantages and disadvantages. The foresight ones are def most accurate indoors they just need to update their algorithm which has been a known problem for years  

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the whole point they are trying to make is that sometimes it can have performance benefits and sometimes not. They don't have to fully endorse it for everything just because they offer it

Slickly produced videos featuring characters dressed up in Galvin Green costume posing as "players" using jacked up launch monitors to bilk money from naive consumers.

Yeah, I watched the video this afternoon as well. What i got from it was there may or may not be benefits, but, with a high-end/premium shaft like the Accra that was tested the likelihood of seeing an

Posted Images

On 12/23/2020 at 8:47 AM, pinhigh27 said:

This doesn’t address anything I said. The foresight algorithm is clearly messed up for low spin shots and they’ve never addressed it , that I’m aware of (hence they say Matt hits it 370+ when he is not )

Nearly every pro on tour uses GCQuad and Foresight. Unless you have some evidence that TXG hacked their unit to bump up their numbers, they're on equal footing with every other GCQuad/Foresight user - pro, fitter, or amateur. And the point about testing is to control as many variables as possible and only isolate the variables you're testing.

So even if Foresight is faulty at the edge cases, it will be equally faulty for all users, including when Bryson DeChambeau does some of his crazy ball speed tests. 

Also, Matt shys away from longest drive videos. In fact, majority of his driver test videos, he doesn't go "all out" on his swings.

But with the latest lockdowns, they're running out of material, so they start doing some fun videos to appease fans. Sure, some of the more recent auto flex stuff is half testing/half going all out. But they are very clear about when they want to have some fun (eg playing against Big Al) and go all out as opposed to real testing. 

Again you're not understanding what I'm saying. The numbers are accurate, just the way the machine calculates distance based on them is wrong, particularly on shots with low spin.

Yes it is faulty for all users, yet a PGA tour pro knows they aren't hitting it 30 yards further than they should b/c of a faulty algorithm. 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, getitdaily said:

Accra isn't the best to do the test they did. They should have grabbed a proforce v2 or something like that. 

That's missing the point of the test. If PUREing can make a difference a high end shaft like the Accra they tested, we can assume it would make a difference on things that fall below that. Whereas if they tested a low end shaft, we have no idea what the affects would be on the higher end shafts if it made a difference.

I'm sure we will see more tests coming out from them. Their tune has always been that PUREing is great from a QC standpoint, but shouldn't be something that is forced on the consumer. They are extremely transparent with their stance on PUREing in that they see some benefits in it from time to time, but it isn't something they can say will work across the board. I have zero issues with what they are doing. 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:47 AM, pinhigh27 said:

This doesn’t address anything I said. The foresight algorithm is clearly messed up for low spin shots and they’ve never addressed it , that I’m aware of (hence they say Matt hits it 370+ when he is not )

They have addressed it multiple times in videos past, mainly Q&A sessions. 

21 hours ago, puttingmatt said:

Not certain what all the fuss is about,

TXG have a place in golf , as well as others from across the pond, if you don't like their broadcasts, turn it off, I personally enjoy TXG, and other youtube golf review offerings, They provide information for the viewers consideration. As with everything, one still has to do their own due diligence. 

You can like txg but be critical of things they do. That goes with everything in life. If anything, the griping is providing feedback on how they could do better in some eyes. 

Edited by Red4282
19 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

That's missing the point of the test. If PUREing can make a difference a high end shaft like the Accra they tested, we can assume it would make a difference on things that fall below that. Whereas if they tested a low end shaft, we have no idea what the affects would be on the higher end shafts if it made a difference.

I'm sure we will see more tests coming out from them. Their tune has always been that PUREing is great from a QC standpoint, but shouldn't be something that is forced on the consumer. They are extremely transparent with their stance on PUREing in that they see some benefits in it from time to time, but it isn't something they can say will work across the board. I have zero issues with what they are doing. 

You're missing the point of my post even though you explicitly outline my point in your 2nd paragraph.

High QC shaft companies like accra are not a good test because they're high quality. A low quality manufacturer would be a better test of puring because the QC isn't nearly as good.

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

You're missing the point of my post even though you explicitly outline my point in your 2nd paragraph.

High QC shaft companies like accra are not a good test because they're high quality. A low quality manufacturer would be a better test of puring because the QC isn't nearly as good.

I didn't miss anything. I fully understood what you said. If PUREing a low end shaft made a difference, most of us wouldn't care and we would all then ask "what about the high end shafts?". They skipped the shafts that don't matter and went to the high end shafts. Why would you spend $30 to PURE a $60 shaft? Who is that market demographic?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SUMM1T said:

I didn't miss anything. I fully understood what you said. If PUREing a low end shaft made a difference, most of us wouldn't care and we would all then ask "what about the high end shafts?". They skipped the shafts that don't matter and went to the high end shafts. Why would you spend $30 to PURE a $60 shaft? Who is that market demographic?

Yeah, that’s a good way to look at it. A $150-$225 shaft being tested pure vs non-pured is probably the test they should have done after the Accra shafts to show the tighter manufacturing tolerance differences the $300 USD gets a customer. 

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 70S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 23° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 80 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft X

On 12/15/2020 at 4:31 PM, Red4282 said:

Lol, thats what ive been saying all along with them. Its like they want to please everyone or something. 

It’s a Canadian thing. Culturally the psyche is avoid confrontation and appeasement. IMO. If you live here it drives you crazy when issues should be discussed. If you try you get the Deer in headlights and or the worst - A Cow stare.!

Spoiler

Rocking a Titllest Sunday Bag

1. DR 10.5° M2 460cc Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 60 Stiff
  2. 4W 16.5° V-Steel Diamana Kai li 75g stiff
  3. 4Hy 22° MP-650 Fujikura Orochi 85g Reg
  4. 5 iron 27° MP-30 Dynalite Gold XP S300 115g
  5. 7 iron 35° MP-30 Dynalite Gold XP S300
  6. 9 iron 43° MP-30 Dynalite Gold XP S300
  7. GW 52-08° Vokey TVD M KBS Hi Rev 120g
  8. LW 58-07° Vokey SM 4 Project X 6.0
  9. Putter Ping Cadence Mid Ketch 350g
6 hours ago, jjdam said:

It’s a Canadian thing. Culturally the psyche is avoid confrontation and appeasement. IMO. If you live here it drives you crazy when issues should be discussed. If you try you get the Deer in headlights and or the worst - A Cow stare.!

I understand that, and i understand tip toeing around oems. But at some point you have to draw a line. Take the Steadfast video for example. Steadfast themselves said they got a huge bump from txg. I cant imagine how many people bought a shaft that has epoxy sloppy tips, tips falling off and a shaft built what looks to be like a 4th grader-(just do a bit of searching, pretty easy to find). That was a perfect opportunity for txg to be honest with the consumer. 

Edited by Red4282
2 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I understand that, and i understand tip toeing around oems. But at some point you have to draw a line. Take the Steadfast video for example. Steadfast themselves said they got a huge bump from txg. I cant imagine how many people bought a shaft that has epoxy sloppy tips, tips falling off and a shaft built what looks to be like a 4th grader-(just do a bit of searching, pretty easy to find). That was a perfect opportunity for txg to be honest with the consumer. 

Why wasn’t their video on Steadfast good enough for you? I think they were honest in their review. There is no need for them to get aggressive in their reviews. It’s not their job to smear other companies. You have to remember that TXG is first a golf business and THEN a YouTube channel. Ian is a business man, and the last thing he wants to do is make the YouTube channel polarizing and overly aggressive. 

2 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

Why wasn’t their video on Steadfast good enough for you? I think they were honest in their review. There is no need for them to get aggressive in their reviews. It’s not their job to smear other companies. You have to remember that TXG is first a golf business and THEN a YouTube channel. Ian is a business man, and the last thing he wants to do is make the YouTube channel polarizing and overly aggressive. 

If i bought a shaft from them, and i got that peice of junk, id lose trust in txg. I would think that would be bad for their image and “business”. Again you can be critical of a product without being aggressive or smearing. 

14 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

If i bought a shaft from them, and i got that peice of junk, id lose trust in txg. I would think that would be bad for their image and “business”. Again you can be critical of a product without being aggressive or smearing. 

I wouldn’t buy the shaft after watching the TXG video. Also, if you watch one TXG video and then make a purchase, TXG isn’t responsible, you are. It’s your job to do research and make your own choice. They aren’t perfect people, and they don’t have to wear the burden of ensuring your purchases are perfect. 

48 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

I wouldn’t buy the shaft after watching the TXG video. Also, if you watch one TXG video and then make a purchase, TXG isn’t responsible, you are. It’s your job to do research and make your own choice. They aren’t perfect people, and they don’t have to wear the burden of ensuring your purchases are perfect. 

I dont disagree with any of that. But there certainly are people that will do that and txg ultimately loses viewers or customers, but i guess they dont care because its “not on them”. 

Anytime they find something “negative” about a product, there is almost an immediate “but maybe its just me”, -always hedging. Im just trying to give feedback to TXG. Its one thing when its looks or sound, cause thats subjective. But if something with quality or peformance is not good, they need to be more upfront about it, or at least more clear.

11 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I dont disagree with any of that. But there certainly are people that will do that and txg ultimately loses viewers or customers, but i guess they dont care because its “not on them”. 

Anytime they find something “negative” about a product, there is almost an immediate “but maybe its just me”, -always hedging. Im just trying to give feedback to TXG. Its one thing when its looks or sound, cause thats subjective. But if something with quality or peformance is not good, they need to be more upfront about it, or at least more clear.

There are a few problems with the way you’re coming at this. 

1. Assuming TXG is fueled by views and assuming they “need” to do or say something in a specific way to not “lose viewers”. They won’t lose viewers in the long run. They will continue to grow. It’s impossible to please everyone, so they take a very neutral stance in hopes of casting the widest net, which Ian and Matt have discussed multiple times with their viewers. They aren’t doing things that other YouTube channels are, and I think they are refreshing to watch. 

2. They have a lot of influence on consumers. They know that. If they took your stance on Steadfast, they could possibly start the end of Steadfast’s business. Why do that? They were honest in their review about the quality of the product, but left out some verbiage that could be detrimental to a business. If I were them, I would rather risk “losing viewers” because they don’t think I’m honest enough over being part of the reason a business wasn’t successful. TXG did their video and it’s not on Steadfast to read through the comments and research what people are saying online and fix the issues. It’s not TXGs job to put nails in coffins. That’s a bad business to be in and wouldn’t look good on Ian. It’s better to give businesses a chance to improve, and TXG along with others are doing so. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

There are a few problems with the way you’re coming at this. 

1. Assuming TXG is fueled by views and assuming they “need” to do or say something in a specific way to not “lose viewers”. They won’t lose viewers in the long run. They will continue to grow. It’s impossible to please everyone, so they take a very neutral stance in hopes of casting the widest net, which Ian and Matt have discussed multiple times with their viewers. They aren’t doing things that other YouTube channels are, and I think they are refreshing to watch. 

2. They have a lot of influence on consumers. They know that. If they took your stance on Steadfast, they could possibly start the end of Steadfast’s business. Why do that? They were honest in their review about the quality of the product, but left out some verbiage that could be detrimental to a business. If I were them, I would rather risk “losing viewers” because they don’t think I’m honest enough over being part of the reason a business wasn’t successful. TXG did their video and it’s not on Steadfast to read through the comments and research what people are saying online and fix the issues. It’s not TXGs job to put nails in coffins. That’s a bad business to be in and wouldn’t look good on Ian. It’s better to give businesses a chance to improve, and TXG along with others are doing so. 

What you are basically saying is to them $$$ is priority. Which is fine, its their business, their choice. Still wont stop me from speaking out the inconsistencies. They also dodge when called out. 🤷‍♂️

back to PUREing. I wonder if the steadfast shaft would benefit from puring? 

24 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

What you are basically saying is to them $$$ is priority. Which is fine, its their business, their choice. Still wont stop me from speaking out the inconsistencies. They also dodge when called out. 🤷‍♂️

back to PUREing. I wonder if the steadfast shaft would benefit from puring? 

At no point did I mention money or say their priority is money. What I "basically said" is exactly what I did say, I didn't struggle to make a point. I don't see how they are influenced by money. They don't sell Steadfast shafts or have it in their fitting matrix. I have heard them on YouTube and other media outlets saying how poorly an item is/was, so I don't know where they are being dodgy or how that is a founded statement. 

They won't please you, you have made that clear. I would assume  Just the same as you have the right and ability to state your dislike in that, others can give their opinion on yours. I'm not stoping you from speaking anything, just to be clear. 

I don't see PUREing a Steadfast shaft doing much of anything because they have issues outside of shaft performance. 

56 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

At no point did I mention money or say their priority is money. What I "basically said" is exactly what I did say, I didn't struggle to make a point. I don't see how they are influenced by money. They don't sell Steadfast shafts or have it in their fitting matrix. I have heard them on YouTube and other media outlets saying how poorly an item is/was, so I don't know where they are being dodgy or how that is a founded statement. 

They won't please you, you have made that clear. I would assume  Just the same as you have the right and ability to state your dislike in that, others can give their opinion on yours. I'm not stoping you from speaking anything, just to be clear. 

I don't see PUREing a Steadfast shaft doing much of anything because they have issues outside of shaft performance. 

Absolutely, but i was responding to someone saying “if you dont like them dont watch”... which is nonsense. My whole point was you can like someone AND be critical. And one of them, for me is they ride the fence too much-for whatever reasons.

3 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I think you need to separate the TXG review of the Steadfast shaft from the poor tip installations done by Steadfast. The tip failures are in no way the fault of TXG. But let’s be honest; shafts fail/break (see TPT early on) and tips will fail too. How the company stands behind the product is what matters. 

• Like 1

Callaway Chrome Soft X

51 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Absolutely, but i was responding to someone saying “if you dont like them dont watch”... which is nonsense. My whole point was you can like someone AND be critical. And one of them, for me is they ride the fence too much-for whatever reasons.

I understand, but I don’t see TXG being more “upfront” or “honest” about equipment serving them well. Ian has incredible relationships with OEMs and as a business owner himself, it’s best not to be known for being part of a companies demise. I’m not saying he would be, but a company like Steadfast needs to held accountable by their consumer, not TXG. They also deserve the chance to correct and improve their quality control and final product. It’s all part of startups. 

13 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

I understand, but I don’t see TXG being more “upfront” or “honest” about equipment serving them well. Ian has incredible relationships with OEMs and as a business owner himself, it’s best not to be known for being part of a companies demise. I’m not saying he would be, but a company like Steadfast needs to held accountable by their consumer, not TXG. They also deserve the chance to correct and improve their quality control and final product. It’s all part of startups. 

I think the term to apply to a TXG review is “fair”. They give their subject opinion and breakdown the data. I’m sure they could gush more about some gear just like they could be more critical. TXG needs or wants to promote growth in the golf industry otherwise their days are numbered. 

Callaway Chrome Soft X

18 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

I think the term to apply to a TXG review is “fair”. They give their subject opinion and breakdown the data. I’m sure they could gush more about some gear just like they could be more critical. TXG needs or wants to promote growth in the golf industry otherwise their days are numbered. 

I agree. I don't see them as being pushed to one side or the other. And they have done a terrific job of not becoming another golf YouTube channel that loses substance.

18 hours ago, SUMM1T said:

That’s a huge demographic. If you could show that a 30 dollar puring on a 60 dollar shaft makes a change that would be a big deal . 30 bucks on a 300 dollar shaft ? Not as much .

The entire point would be to see if you can make a cheap shaft perform as consistently as a more expensive one 

33 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

That’s a huge demographic. If you could show that a 30 dollar puring on a 60 dollar shaft makes a change that would be a big deal . 30 bucks on a 300 dollar shaft ? Not as much .

The entire point would be to see if you can make a cheap shaft perform as consistently as a more expensive one 

You're leaving out a massive foundational issue. Low quality shafts mean, low quality. Thus PUREing may improve one drastically and the other almost none. And PUREing will never make a cheap shaft perform like a high end one. There's more to a shaft than whether or not the seam is aligned a specific way. 

1 hour ago, SUMM1T said:

You're leaving out a massive foundational issue. Low quality shafts mean, low quality. Thus PUREing may improve one drastically and the other almost none. And PUREing will never make a cheap shaft perform like a high end one. There's more to a shaft than whether or not the seam is aligned a specific way. 

I think you’re overexaggerating the difference between a cheap and expensive shaft . Lot of good players who have played stock or cheap shafts and done fine . Tour players included. so the difference is going to be pretty small and if puring does work, it’s possible that it bridges that gap. 

if golfers could make their stock shafts better for 30 bucks I think it would be a huge deal and tons of people would do it 

13 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

I think you’re overexaggerating the difference between a cheap and expensive shaft . Lot of good players who have played stock or cheap shafts and done fine . Tour players included. so the difference is going to be pretty small and if puring does work, it’s possible that it bridges that gap. 

if golfers could make their stock shafts better for 30 bucks I think it would be a huge deal and tons of people would do it 

That is a big "if". ProForce isn't a stock shaft anymore. If someone wants to PURE a $150 (new price) shaft, that's different. We were specifically talking about a $60 ProForce V2 shaft. Spending 50% of the shafts value with no guarantee of any performance gains seems like a misfit for that demographic. If someone is wanting to only spend $60 on a new graphite shaft, I don't them risking another $30 to hopefully have some performance gains with no guarantee. 

We will probably have to agree to disagree on this. I don't see any $60 shafts on tour much anymore, and there is a reason for it. And the players you say are "good", would more than likely be better served with a higher end shaft. 

TXG is high on the performance of the stock TM Ventus shaft. It’s a mass produced stock shaft. Maybe they should test this shaft pured vs not pured vs the aftermarket Ventus Velocore shaft of thevsame color. Have solid strike criteria like they did for the driver bracket and let the chips fall as they may. 

Edited by noodle3872
  • Like 1

Callaway Chrome Soft X

See, this is why I watch Ali Taylor.  I take all the science and info out and just watch a guy spray the ball all over the place so I can actually relate to the experience.  If he hits is good, then you know it must be a special piece of equipment.

Titleist TSi2 9*  (D4) Aldila VS Proto 60x

Titleist 917f2 16.5* (C1)  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Mizuno MP-H4 3i  Aldila NVS HYB 85s

Bridgestone J15cb 4-P, PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52/12, 56/12, 60/8

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black