Supposed to get nearly 2 feet of snow tomorrow - thankfully

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played Outside last Thursday @ sunny 65* in Iowa.  Been under 6” of snow since.  Indoor putting mat has been rolled out.  Net is up in the (heated) garage. League Indoor simulator golf starts in a few

You'll be stuck indoors for the next several months riding out the COVID crisis, and you'll be going bat sh*t crazy.   In a couple of weeks, you'll give anything to get out onto the golf course to enj

I wish I had the willpower to stop playing in the winter.  At least I've come to terms with lowering my expectations until April-May

I’m in the philly area. I snuck out today before we get that storm tomorrow, and trying to rework my morning so I can get out tomorrow before the snow comes in. 

Edited by MPAndreassi

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-PW / DG X7

SM8 50-8 F, 54-12 D / DG TI X1

WW SM8 58-6 LB K Grind / DG TI X1

One and Done DB

You'll be stuck indoors for the next several months riding out the COVID crisis, and you'll be going bat sh*t crazy.   In a couple of weeks, you'll give anything to get out onto the golf course to enjoy the game and the outdoors.    

The high temperatures will be in the low 40s here this weekend in Northern Virginia.   I'm playing golf.   There will be plenty of "down time" this winter to go bat sh*t crazy with no golf.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DrDon said:

You'll be stuck indoors for the next several months riding out the COVID crisis, and you'll be going bat sh*t crazy.   In a couple of weeks, you'll give anything to get out onto the golf course to enjoy the game and the outdoors.    

The high temperatures will be in the low 40s here this weekend in Northern Virginia.   I'm playing golf.   There will be plenty of "down time" this winter to go bat sh*t crazy with no golf.

I don't know if they'll shut down the courses again or not.  I'm guessing not, as outdoor venues seem to remain considered safe with restrictions.   No doubt I don't want to take a month off, but a couple of weeks will probably do me some good, and I'm apparently unable to force my own stop.  I do have a 'swing lab' in my basement, so can at least swing every day, though I don't know how much good it does me.  Played yesterday in the mid-30s here in south-central PA, and I haven't found a cold-enough day to not play yet (unless there was heavy wind involved as well).

14 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

I’m in the philly area. I snuck out today before we get that storm tomorrow, and trying to rework my morning so I can get out tomorrow before the snow comes in. 

Zero snow predicted for south south Jersey.  Twisted Dune zero and Scotland Run might not get any.  I'm planning to play farther north on Friday.  We'll see what comes.  The latest forecast I saw had a huge gradient of snow from north to south Jersey.  24" in north Jersey down to zero in south Jersey.  

32 minutes ago, LeoLeo99 said:

Zero snow predicted for south south Jersey.  Twisted Dune zero and Scotland Run might not get any.  I'm planning to play farther north on Friday.  We'll see what comes.  The latest forecast I saw had a huge gradient of snow from north to south Jersey.  24" in north Jersey down to zero in south Jersey.  

Sounds like I may have to start driving south to play. 

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-PW / DG X7

SM8 50-8 F, 54-12 D / DG TI X1

WW SM8 58-6 LB K Grind / DG TI X1

One and Done DB

A nice blanket of snow is good for the turf. As much as I like to get out for a walk while doing something that resembles golf in the winter months, I am more content with lots of snow and for the course to have a break. The moisture levels in the ground suffer when we get winters without a lot of snow, combine that with all the divots being taken out of dormant turf, and you have a chewed-up course come spring.  

• Like 1

Got out last Sunday to play before the storm hits the Boston area.  And apparently I wasn't the only one as the course was crazy busy.  Lousy conditions after rain overnight and melting snow from the previous week and it was still a lot of fun getting out to play.  With over a foot of snow coming tonight it looks like I'll only get to the range for some time, but hopeful we get some warm weather again and snow melts quickly.  There's only so much practice you can do indoors in the winter.

• Like 1

Played Outside last Thursday @ sunny 65* in Iowa.  Been under 6” of snow since.  Indoor putting mat has been rolled out.  Net is up in the (heated) garage. League Indoor simulator golf starts in a few weeks where it’s always 70* and the beer flows like wine.  There will be little to no lag in performance come spring 💪🏼

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver G410 LST 10.5* Ventus Velocore Blue 6x
Fairway G410 3-wood Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Irons Ping i20’s +1” KBSx shafts

Wedges Glides 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter L.A.B. 2.1

I don’t know how you cold climate guys cope.  I have my last men’s league event Sunday and a casual game tomorrow. My biggest worry this time of year is whether pants have to be worn to start the round.  We have lows in the high 30s in Phoenix area but the highs are gonna be upper 60s this weekend.  Hang in there.

Count me as one who needs to be "forced" to stop playing by Mother Nature. The golf season is short enough here in NY, that I always have the feeling that I need to play as much as possible when the weather allows. 

My last round this year was on 11/29. I probably could have played a couple weekends ago, but between it being a little cold, and the fact that I've already cleaned the clubs and the MotoCaddy, the weather wasn't "that good" that I wanted to have to re-clean things afterwards. 

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)