2020 CME Group Tour Championship Dec 17 - 20

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring a bottle of NoDoz. Aza is a snail.  

I'm here! My group is first off #10 tomorrow morning: Aza, Lindsay Weaver, Megan Khang. So I'm gonna choose Megan, then the other Kang. 

My group today included Ernst and Hall. They both performed well but at least today, Georgia's game seemed to be in a better place. Although, she def left a few out there, too.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

You've lost all your credibility by mentioning Sierra Brooks.

Do you know Yealimi Noh is an American?  She's 19, three years younger than Sierra, and has already accomplished 100 times more than Sierra.

why are you a jerk? You’ve singled me out a couple times. 100 times more is a pretty big exaggeration. Yes, Noh has earned her way on the tour and played very good golf on the LPGA but nothing has shown her to

be a media darling. Which if you bothered to read past your blind love for a few golfers you might actually understand what I said. 

Sorry, if this is kind of an attack but you obviously didn’t even come close to comprehending what I was saying. I know you have an obsession with the Asian Americans and it’s ok. I moderately follow girls amateur Or junior golf and didn’t even know who Yealimi Noh was. But I did know who Bianca was. In terms of what I was talking about Lucy Li has a better chance than Yealimi Noh at this point to carry the banner for the US women. She has been in the media’s eye for years and many people already know who she is. 

Edited by mallrat
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hannah Green reminds me of the dos Equis man. She may not get into into contention very often, but when she does...yeah, she looks dangerous. I am always left asking why she is not in contention more often.

To me, this tournament feels like a massive comedown after the US Open. Despite a great many negative remarks on here, the USWO had an epic feel to me. This, not so. Perhaps this is because the incomplete season made a bit of a mockery of the selection criteria for it. Still, there's so much money in this, it's going to fire up.

My hot tip (outside the usual suspects): Megan Khang for a first win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, 18majors said:

The results are what they're; no question.  Korean players are fine. But we're fans... Nothing wrong wishing players from other countries to provide more resistance and give it a tougher fight.  We need that to change the dynamics.

I have to agree about more variety being attractive, though I'm bit suspicious that I'm just putting personalities above results. As a Brit I have no dog in the fight for US players, but I find myself supporting players I like in the way we all do. No rhyme or reason really - I like Amy Yang, Nasa Hataoka, Yealimi Noh, Carlota Ciganda, Inbee Park... and I get a bit of a home tug when Georgia or Mel wins. At the end of the day we're all human. But my rational head (boring maybe...) says the best players win, and that's how it should be.  

But I'm all for human interest stories. Sophia Popov really fired me up this year. Marvellous! 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, mallrat said:

why are you a jerk? You’ve singled me out a couple times. 100 times more is a pretty big exaggeration. Yes, Noh has earned her way on the tour and played very good golf on the LPGA but nothing has shown her to

be a media darling. Which if you bothered to read past your blind love for a few golfers you might actually understand what I said. 

Sorry, if this is kind of an attack but you obviously didn’t even come close to comprehending what I was saying. I know you have an obsession with the Asian Americans and it’s ok. I moderately follow girls amateur Or junior golf and didn’t even know who Yealimi Noh was. But I did know who Bianca was. In terms of what I was talking about Lucy Li has a better chance than Yealimi Noh at this point to carry the banner for the US women. She has been in the media’s eye for years and many people already know who she is. 

Thanks.

I've got to frame this masterpiece so you can read it over and over again.

Edited by 18majors

Really enjoy watching Jin Young play (not just because she shares my birthday).  She is so relaxing that it pretty much gives me asmr to watch.

For a #1 ranked player who took most of the year off she was only one shot back at the U.S. Open and is right back in it again at the Championship.  

And she has worked so hard at English too.  I admire all these ladies on tour but just wanted to give her a little extra special shout out.  Hope she keeps up the great play!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, 8602081 said:

Back to the tournament..

Jin Young Ko still playing Epic Flash?

Sure looks that way.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

4 hours ago, 18majors said:

Thanks.

I've got to frame this masterpiece so you can read it over and over again.

Why to tell me that Noh has played better than x golfer? Not my point and great hope she does, hopefully I’m wrong and Noh will be the one to put women’s golf in the US on her back and bring it to the popularity most of us would like to see it at. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, pmcuk said:

I see that Anna Nordqvist has taken over from Sharlee Hool as the leading fashion icon of hot pants...... Just a throw-away remark as JYK and SYK slug it out, which is probably going to go on for quite a while. 

I started noticing that a while ago but it seems to get a little worse each week. It’s amazing how 2 women can wear very similar outfits (Danielle and Anna) and 1 looks fashionable; though I don’t really like it, and one comes across as sloppy and thrown together. 

• Like 1

Golf is such a precision game; any discomfort can be detrimental.

Nelly Korda was riding high from Walmart to ANA and Shoprite, but a back injury at KPMG has since sent her season to a tailspin.  She missed cut at USWO and struggled again today at CME.

Professional athletes make a lot of money but it's a high wire act every time out.

• Like 1

They're lighting up the course today. I thought the wind would provide some defense, but it doesn't seem to be bothering them. 

Sei Young looks good, but a handful of players can pounce if she stumbles. 

Jin Young is struggling with the putter today. Probably out of it at this point. Ditto Lexi. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

39 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

They're lighting up the course today. I thought the wind would provide some defense, but it doesn't seem to be bothering them. 

Sei Young looks good, but a handful of players can pounce if she stumbles. 

Jin Young is struggling with the putter today. Probably out of it at this point. Ditto Lexi. 

JYK bounces back without doing much 🙂

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

JYK bounces back without doing much 🙂

Lol. Leave it to me to fall asleep on the couch before the final few holes have been played. 

• Haha 2

The winner gets $1.1 million, the runner up gets $258,000.  Each putt can be worth $842,000.  When will CME stop playing this silly game?  The winner normally gets $450,000 for a $3.0 million purse.

Frankly, CME gets too much publicity for the paltry sum they contribute every year.  FedEx doesn't get a penny more for their $70-80 million contribution.

Mike Whan talks about how loyal LPGA's sponsors are.  Of course, they're loyal  with sweet deals like this.

Edited by 18majors
11 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The winner gets $1.1 million, the runner up gets $258,000.  Each putt can be worth $842,000.  When will CME stop playing this silly game?  The winner normally gets $450,000 for a $3.0 million purse.

Frankly, CME gets too much publicity for the paltry sum they contribute every year.  FedEx doesn't get a penny more for their $70-80 million contribution.

Mike Whan talks about how royal LPGA's sponsors are.  Of course, they're royal with sweet deals like this.

CME  market cap $66 Billion vs FDX $73 Billion. I think CME can afford to to do better.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, fanofseri said:

Give the devil her due.  Kerr Cellars produces excellent wine and Cristie's golf game is razor sharp.  She's a tad slow and an afro doesn't suit her, otherwise she's world class.  

Do tell! We look for her wine wherever we travel and haven't found it. Also, define 'afro'. If she was sporting one today, didn't see it.

• Like 1