2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

6 hours ago, cjrobertson said:

Also, This looks like a sponsorship... Does he lose his am status?? haha. 

Not a sponsorship unless young Charlie is getting paid by Taylormade for playing or endorsing said clubs.

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

1 hour ago, lefty1978 said:

Not a sponsorship unless young Charlie is getting paid by Taylormade for playing or endorsing said clubs.

Technically for the NCAA, it would be considered an “impermissible benefit” if Charlie was given his clubs for free by TaylorMade. But with the money Tiger has, if he paid for the clubs there would be no violation.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 12/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, ry1808 said:

IMG_8458.jpeg.42fda1981bb605087f9dbb583d1ad17f.jpeg

Completely custom cut-outs on those irons.  I heard during the brief amount of the broadcast we did get to see, thanks Golf Channel, that Tiger was making him learn on blades.  So those look like TW MB's with some custom cut-outs in the back.  Same with the wedges being MG2 with custom cut out.  I'm sure the "kingdom" open the door and said "Yes Sir young master Woods... whatever you'd like master woods... Let's put all our tech to work for you master woods and ensure you get clubs light enough for an 11 year old but that will instantly be the envy of every club-ho out there!"   Sweet looking though, I must say...

Hit'em Straight!!

Driver - Taylormade SIM 9* Hzrdous Handcrafted 6.5

3 Wood -  Callaway Epic Flash 14*  Tensei Blue X Stiff

UTI -  Callaway X-Forged 3UTI KBS 120 X-Stiff

Irons - Callaway 19 X-Forged KBS Tour 120 Stiff + Tipped 1 inch   /    Mizuno 919 Tour Nippon 105 Stiff+ (undecided right now)

Gap Wedge -  50* Taylormade MG2 Nippon 105 S

Sand Wedge -  54* Callaway Jaws Nippon 105 S

Lob Wedge - 58* Taylormade MG2 Nippon 105 S

Putter - Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback

7 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Technically for the NCAA, it would be considered an “impermissible benefit” if Charlie was given his clubs for free by TaylorMade. But with the money Tiger has, if he paid for the clubs there would be no violation.

Are we sure about this? I thought there were different rules for golf...think of JS with the Circle T or any other AMs who get gear. 

Seems most similar to a high school football or basketball team who gets free equipment. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Are we sure about this? I thought there were different rules for golf...think of JS with the Circle T or any other AMs who get gear. 

Seems most similar to a high school football or basketball team who gets free equipment. 

My insider knowledge is more on NCAA Basketball than Golf, but not sure how different the NCAA rules are for different sports. I would think that once Golfing student-athletes get to College, they can receive all the free gear that programs can give them based on their sponsorship agreements, but as far as benefits while they are in High School (or Elementary in Charlie’s case), I would think it’s similar in all sports. Maybe someone with more insider info on NCAA Golf can add additional insight?

Most likely it would be that free clubs, shoes, balls etc are acceptable as part of participation in a High School/Club team, or National team, but direct sponsorship agreements or possible inducements to sign contracts after College for the Elite athletes wouldn’t be allowable (like TaylorMade and Callaway sending free stuff to the Top 10 youth golfers etc)?

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

We need an exact WITB - grips, wraps, shaft tipping, etc, let’s go!

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

48 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

My insider knowledge is more on NCAA Basketball than Golf, but not sure how different the NCAA rules are for different sports. I would think that once Golfing student-athletes get to College, they can receive all the free gear that programs can give them based on their sponsorship agreements, but as far as benefits while they are in High School (or Elementary in Charlie’s case), I would think it’s similar in all sports. Maybe someone with more insider info on NCAA Golf can add additional insight?

Most likely it would be that free clubs, shoes, balls etc are acceptable as part of participation in a High School/Club team, or National team, but direct sponsorship agreements or possible inducements to sign contracts after College for the Elite athletes wouldn’t be allowable (like TaylorMade and Callaway sending free stuff to the Top 10 youth golfers etc)?

You are correct. I think that every club company could send him things and it would be completely okay, but he is CHOOSING to play TM, not contractually. 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, easyyy said:

What are these?

charlie woods witb.jpeg

So from I can tell, it looks like both of these sets of clubs are Charlie's.  The bag in the background is short, like a junior bag, and is the same bright green color that he used to have with his older Ping bag.  I suspect this was his slightly older set that was photographed Tiger caddying at one of his junior tournaments.  One of those irons in the back has that same green stripe that the ping Prodi-G irons have.  The irons in both bags also are about the same lengths.  Adult clubs would be considerably longer.

The irons in the foreground are probably a newer set he was playing around with.  They're clearly P7TW's that have been milled out to lighten them.  The rusting in the cavities is happened because they were milled out after the chrome plating was applied.  On the 3i you can see the remnants of the red "W" in the P7TW logo right in the heel.

47 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

You are correct. I think that every club company could send him things and it would be completely okay, but he is CHOOSING to play TM, not contractually. 

Oh no, I’m saying the opposite...that if he accepts free stuff being sent to him by every OEM that could mess up his amateur status with the NCAA. I’ll look up the rules for NCAA Golf though when I get a chance. I’m pretty sure it would have to be regular equipment being provided to everyone on his High School/Regional team etc that doesn’t go above and beyond a regular amateur Student-Athlete though, or else every top potential PGA Pro would be receiving incentives from OEM’s constantly (which probably happens under the table anyway just like it does in Basketball & Football)...

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

11 hours ago, lefty1978 said:

This is correct.

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

This is incorrect.  The rule was changed several years ago to allow amateurs to accept “reasonable amounts” of equipment and maintain their amateur status. Per the USGA’s Rules of Amateur Status:

https://www.usga.org/rules-hub/amateur-status/amateur-status-faq-d8bb60a9.html

May I accept free equipment?

Yes. Even if you have golf skill or reputation, you may accept a reasonable amount of golf balls, golf clubs, clothing, shoes and other merchandise from a company or source dealing in these types of equipment (e.g., equipment manufacturer or golf shop). However, if you are considered to have golf skill or reputation, you must not advertise or promote the source of the equipment.

I personally know junior players receiving equipment from manufacturers under their exclusive junior programs, and I know several NCAA D1 players receiving the same benefits, whether or not they are exclusive, under the supervision of the schools’ compliance office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah, perfect @EricWGolf, was just looking up the rules on the USGA.org website and was tough to find the exact regs that would cover that scenario. Good to know, thanks. Every sport has their own tweaks/adjustments to the rules in the NCAA.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

This is correct.

This is incorrect.  The rule was changed several years ago to allow amateurs to accept “reasonable amounts” of equipment and maintain their amateur status. Per the USGA’s Rules of Amateur Status:

https://www.usga.org/rules-hub/amateur-status/amateur-status-faq-d8bb60a9.html

I personally know junior players receiving equipment from manufacturers under their exclusive junior programs, and I know several NCAA D1 players receiving the same benefits, whether or not they are exclusive, under the supervision of the schools’ compliance office. 

Really glad to be wrong on this! Like I said, NCAA Basketball & Football are the sports I’m most familiar with in terms of rules, and I strongly disagree with a lot of them...especially when it comes to $$$! The NCAA makes BILLIONS from March Madness & College Football, and yet I’ve heard of Student-Athletes being ruled ineligible by things as trivial as receiving free $50 jeans in HS or getting free travel expenses on a trip. The NCAA are the ultimate hypocrites, so glad to know there’s more flexibility on the Golf side.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

16 hours ago, BallerNate said:

It’s not an impermissible benefit. Top Junior players are given equipment. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

9 hours ago, hammergolf said:

It’s not an impermissible benefit. Top Junior players are given equipment. 

Yeah, @EricWGolf cleared that up above. Like I said, glad I was wrong on that and that NCAA is more flexible and understanding with Golf than they are with Basketball and Football. NCAA Amateurism rules are archaic and hypocritical.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 12/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, BallerNate said:

Oh no, I’m saying the opposite...that if he accepts free stuff being sent to him by every OEM that could mess up his amateur status with the NCAA. I’ll look up the rules for NCAA Golf though when I get a chance. I’m pretty sure it would have to be regular equipment being provided to everyone on his High School/Regional team etc that doesn’t go above and beyond a regular amateur Student-Athlete though, or else every top potential PGA Pro would be receiving incentives from OEM’s constantly (which probably happens under the table anyway just like it does in Basketball & Football)...

Tiger would only have to pull out the invoice from his back pocket, and the talk would be over and done. 😉

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

28 minutes ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

Tiger would only have to pull out the invoice from his back pocket, and the talk would be over and done. 😉

Exactly...fractions of a penny to Tiger! I was wrong about the NCAA Amateurism rules for Golf though, it was cleared up above. My background is in Basketball and Football where student-athletes would be nailed to the cross for getting a free set of clubs...luckily the NCAA isn’t as hypocritical with Golfers!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 12/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, BallerNate said:

Really glad to be wrong on this! Like I said, NCAA Basketball & Football are the sports I’m most familiar with in terms of rules, and I strongly disagree with a lot of them...especially when it comes to $$$! The NCAA makes BILLIONS from March Madness & College Football, and yet I’ve heard of Student-Athletes being ruled ineligible by things as trivial as receiving free $50 jeans in HS or getting free travel expenses on a trip. The NCAA are the ultimate hypocrites, so glad to know there’s more flexibility on the Golf side.

Well, if Charlie accepted free jeans it may be a violation. Free equipment is allowed. 

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

9 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Well, if Charlie accepted free jeans it may be a violation. Free equipment is allowed. 

Yeah, I got the correct information above. Glad I was wrong on that and the NCAA is more understanding with Golf than they are Football and Basketball.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, I got the correct information above. Glad I was wrong on that and the NCAA is more understanding with Golf than they are Football and Basketball.

That was my point though. You would know better than I would but would it be a violation if a elementary school wide receiver was given gloves? Or cleats? That would be the equivalent.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

3 hours ago, Shilgy said:

That was my point though. You would know better than I would but would it be a violation if a elementary school wide receiver was given gloves? Or cleats? That would be the equivalent.

The NCAA wouldn’t determine a student-athlete’s eligibility until they apply to the NCAA Clearinghouse...that’s when they would dig for information such as impermissible benefits or under the table payments/gifts etc. They probably wouldn’t dig that far back though...probably Freshman year of H.S. would be the furthest back I would guess.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• easyyy unfeatured this topic
  • 11 months later...

Are the CWs back - pictures looked like it.  

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 1
Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

We need an updated pic on this I want to see the chopped down elder wand. 

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just now, Medson said:

It’s in PNC photo thread. 

Just found it.  

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS