Who would become pro and have a better career, John Daly II or Charlie Woods

Golfaddict911

IMO Charlie is too young. And that aside they need to be judged independent of their parents.

No one, NO ONE, not even his kids - will ever have the determination of prime-time Tiger Woods. 

We'll see.

• Like 2

Epic Speed + ZF 6TSi2 17.25 + AD HD 7 / TSi2 20.25 + AD MJ 8 / TW-X 4 + TR20P + Modus3 105 / MD5 Raw / Toulon JDM Austin 

12 hours ago, Golfaddict911 said:

Son's of pga tour players John Daly and Tiger Woods. From what we have seen John daly II and Charlie Woods have some pedigree. Will any of them become pro and if they do, who will have a better career on the pga tour?

InShot_20201219_134227503.jpg

I certainly hope that both of them will make it. 

Lil John has shown so much improvements and maturity in the last few years. He seems determined to making it on tour.

As for Charlie, today’s performance speaks volume to his talents and competitiveness. He has that fire inside; he just needs to find his true calling and keep that fire going. The only thing that might trouble him in the future is the weight of his father’s name. 

I wish both of them the very best. 

• Like 2

LIttle John plays and has played realitively full time (via the Gilchrist academy I believe) which means he he has had every conceivable golf advantge relative to his cohort.   Is he a top 100?, 50? 10? 5? 17 year old in the United States? In the world? I honestly don't know.  He definately looks like DI material to me though.  What will his trajectory be over the next 5 yrs?  I play regularly with a couple of recent All-Americans (both 2018 graduates ACC / BIG12) don't know what they looked like at age 17 but he's not remotely like them with short game....doesn't have those hands.

Got nothing to say about Tiger's kid.  Until a teenager, most kids don't self-determine how they spnd their time.

Edited by Outlier
  • Like 2

Easily the most stupid thread!   Aside from the fact one is 17 years old and the other is 11years old. You cant even answer the question because you have nothing to analyze.  Even if they became pro you wont find put the answer until the next 20 years.+

Edited by sonnygolf
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pinhigh27 said:

Do either of them have any significant tournament results? 

I believe Charlie Woods just started playing events in the last year or so. He won a couple of 9 holes events earlier this year. Dad caddied for him in a least one of them.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-son-charlie-woods-dominating-florida-junior-golf

Not sure about JD's son. Hope he does well.

Edited by grm24

It’s interesting that we are entering a generation of golfers who, if their dads were successful tour pros, are just about, if not completely filthy rich. 

Not so much JDs kid, but Charlie and especially down the line like if Rory, JT, BK, have kids. I mean, these guys got like “castle money”. 

I don’t sense any pressure from TW on Charlie to be the best at golf. And there would be a ridiculous bar set if Charlie decided to make a run at golf.

Unless he develops an all consuming passion to compete, I imagine he will look to find what he really wants to do. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, 8602081 said:

What's wrong with Miata?

IMHO really nothing other the fact I will not fit in one of them-- I ain't called Big Stu for nothing----  My apologies guys just had to put that out here. Back to our regular scheduled debate

• Like 1

Driver--- TM M-6 Evenflow 65gm R set to 9.5

3W  TM V-Steel 15* bent to 14 NVS green Aldila 65gr R

7W TM V-steel 21* Ust Pro Force Gold 65 R

Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs--- Steelfiber 95 R shafts

GW  Ping Eye2 + Cleveland wedge shaft 51* 

SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind -- Modified grind to 10* KBS Wedge shaft

Putter Rusty Scotty Sante Fe Fluted Bullseye shaft--- No it aint going no where

Bag Old TM R-7 stand freebie works good on range and cart

Balls Some kind of Srixon since I have won so many-- Hey new freebies hit good

On 12/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, farmer said:

They will have access to the finest facilities, teachers, and coaches that money can buy.  So did Jack's kids.  When either start to tear up the top amateur tournaments, then a prediction might be in order.  Until then, leave them alone.

They will have access to the finest facilities, teachers, and coaches that money can buy.  But this makes me think of a discussion I got into with a golf buddy of mine a couple weeks ago about how there's not as many "country club brats" on tour as you would think.  It seems like most of the top golfers in the world still tend to come from more middle class or modest backgrounds.    

On 12/21/2020 at 3:40 PM, Qqq123xx said:

I can beat both of them. And that's a fact Jack. 

This thread isn’t about me, but let’s talk about me. 

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

On 12/20/2020 at 4:21 AM, Hawkeye77 said:

Who knows. 

Only time...

• Like 1

Driver Maltby KE4 w Aeortech Steelfiber SS65 shaft 46.5”
3 wood Rogue subzero 15 degree with Paderson KG70 F30
Hybrids: 3, 4 and 5 Rogue with Steelfiber HLS980 shaft
Irons: 6 through wedge PXG 0311 with Steelfiber i110cw shaft
Wedge: 50 deg 10 deg bounce MacDaddy 4 S Grind
Wedge: 56 deg 10 deg bounce Jaws S Grind
Wedge: 62 deg 10 deg bounce MacDaddy 4 C Grind (bent to 62 degrees from 60 degrees)
Wedges with steelfiber i110 shafts.
Putter: Strokelab EXO 7; 39.25 inches; 77 degree lie angle; Takimac arthritic grip

2 hours ago, dlygrisse said:

This thread isn’t about me, but let’s talk about me. 

Speaking of which, you missed the point. 

Edited by Qqq123xx

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• 3 weeks later...