2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG clubs and playing partners

Mustu

Really interesting and refreshingly different topic. I probably think this even more so as I have just pulled the trigger on the PXG sale myself. 

Going to be a long wait for me as I'm from the UK and after ordering I was told they get built then shipped all the way from Arizona. 

Orederd the 0211 irons £100 for us, and the XF driver £250.  The driver will have my football team headcover but the irons won't have any and since ordering I have been thinking the same thing, I only know one other guy at my club with PXG irons and he is minted.  

I was thinking of saying it as it is, 'yeah great irons, got them in the covid sale worked out cheaper than callaway, Taylormade or titleist'

In reality actually 30% cheaper than what a vokey wedge costs right now and the driver is over 100% cheaper than the TM SIM.  Judging by the lack of people in the UK that know about them I may end up selling them for more than I paid for them if they don't work out so could end up being paid to use them... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mustu said:

Thanks everyone.  I'll try not to be self conscious.  The last guy I played with asked me lots of questions about them.  He was really nice and obviously a guy who goes through a lot of clubs (like me).  I don't think he was judging me; just interested.  Come to think of it, I don't really notice what other people are playing unless it's something I've owned.  Maybe I've played with lots of people using PXG and never even noticed. 😀 

I can tell you that I’m the guy that always wants to talk equipment and discuss people’s bags.  If I get the vibe that someone isn’t interested I shut it down quick but quite often people like to gab about gear...I would never judge anyone for having expensive stuff irregardless of ability though and anyone who did is being absurd.  I’m far from wealthy but have nice clubs.  If someone has something I can’t afford though it’s never crossed my mind to think anything but “nice, good for them”.  So I would try not to be overly sensitive about it because 1. No one is judging and 2. Anyone that is judging is a dick

18 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

Range Rover --It says beautiful, maybe ,but they do suck reliability-wise -that is fact

Well I guess anyone can say 'that is fact online'. 

I couldn't care less for cars it was more to make a point to Projectx who claimed you have to be a supreme a-hole as well as a rich a- hole to use PXG clubs.  

45 minutes ago, Veners said:

Really interesting and refreshingly different topic. I probably think this even more so as I have just pulled the trigger on the PXG sale myself. 

Going to be a long wait for me as I'm from the UK and after ordering I was told they get built then shipped all the way from Arizona. 

Orederd the 0211 irons £100 for us, and the XF driver £250.  The driver will have my football team headcover but the irons won't have any and since ordering I have been thinking the same thing, I only know one other guy at my club with PXG irons and he is minted.  

I was thinking of saying it as it is, 'yeah great irons, got them in the covid sale worked out cheaper than callaway, Taylormade or titleist'

In reality actually 30% cheaper than what a vokey wedge costs right now and the driver is over 100% cheaper than the TM SIM.  Judging by the lack of people in the UK that know about them I may end up selling them for more than I paid for them if they don't work out so could end up being paid to use them... 

Everton I hope.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamistomp said:

Range Rover --It says beautiful, maybe ,but they do suck reliability-wise -that is fact

This guy gets it

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

17 hours ago, Mahamilto said:

No shame here. People are usually in awe if anything. Not saying they should be, but sometimes they are. 

it’s like driving a sick sports car... many stare, some give a thumbs up or "nice ride," and a few try to make comments, but deep down, those comments are 100% driven by jealousy or a lack of self-confidence. 

it is unfortunately human nature to be jealous, and very few reach the point of maturity to take pleasure in the success of others, in fact, most only resent the success or good fortune of others. 

there’s a reason the saying "hate me cuz you ain’t me" is a thing. If I shoot 100 and play blades, or have a staff bag, or solid gold clubs, it shouldn’t matter one bit to anyone else. If it does, it’s on them, not you. 

I don’t judge people by their bags, or car, or their skill... only by how they interact with me in the course and their ability to play with A respectable  pace. Do I expect someone with sick clubs to have some game, yes, but if they don’t it makes zero difference to me. And I certainly don’t care what they paid for their setup. 

there’s also a reason the saying “big hat no cattle” is a thing.

• Haha 1

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

If somebody asked about my clubs I would say they were not only stupid expensive, but totally not worth it. But that's just me. Being a lefty, most folks can't hit my clubs anyway. 

• Haha 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

1 hour ago, Veners said:

Your golf knowledge appears to be as bad as your car knowledge... 

Screenshot_20201220_205609_com.android.chrome.jpg

All you've done here is make my point stronger.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

33 minutes ago, lefthack said:

If somebody asked about my clubs I would say they were not only stupid expensive, but totally not worth it. But that's just me. Being a lefty, most folks can't hit my clubs anyway. 

Lol. Right? I’ve been a pxg skeptic awhile. But man are they good. Abs so nice to play. The gen2 p has given me the feel of a forged blade with the forgiveness of a players distance. 

and yeah, big hat no cattle is a saying, but I don’t play golf for money, just for fun. And man are these bad boys fun. 

I played baseball for money. For a long time. I came to realize that people should spend the money to make their life good. Part of that is spending extra money on things that bring joy. If that’s a car, or clubs, or a vacation... it is nobody’s business. If it brings joy to the spender, then goal achieve. 

forget what anyone thinks, because at the end of the day, they don’t matter one bit. Enjoy the clubs. And never feel ashamed for what you play

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

I have been thinking about the SGI 3 and 4 as my longs. I just wish I didn't have to go to the country club to hit them.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

28 minutes ago, lefthack said:

I have been thinking about the SGI 3 and 4 as my longs. I just wish I didn't have to go to the country club to hit them.

Get over it. That’s my best recommendation. 

• Like 2

L.A.B Link.1

20 hours ago, SUPERG said:

I find that nobody even cares slightly what people have in the bag aside from us on this site lol. And to add to that, I feel most who do like seeing WITB are just curious and not judgemental. Play whatever you want, and let people admire the perceived value haha. 

That has been my experience but I’m a younger guy who usually plays with older guys who don’t give a dang. 

2 hours ago, mxskier said:

PXG clubs get so much hate. If you try to compare a PXG 0311T to a blade or one-piece forged CB, you're comparing apples to oranges. Compare the 0311T to Apex Pro, P770, i210, ForgedTec, HMB, etc.. and you're comparing apples to apples. In that situation, ball speed will be similar to all of those, but having hit every one of those irons, I think the PXG just feel better. Just a bit softer/quieter.

They are not MP20MB buttery pure, and are certainly a touch louder. But thats apples to oranges.

I went for a PXG fitting in Scottsdale last week. I'm currently playing i200s, which have a little more spin than the i210s. I'm a low spin player, so I have a high spin shaft, and my i200s are retro lofts bent 2 degrees weak. My 7 iron was spinning ~4000 rpms. 

The 0311Ts with stock lofts were getting 4400 rpms. I'd get a couple more hundred if they were bent weak. They felt great. I played Mizuno blades and cavity backs for 10 years before the Pings, and the PXGs were just as soft feeling as the Mizzies. 

Worth the upgrade? I'm on the fence. How much is it worth to hold a green with a mid iron? 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

54 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

It's not a "fact online" it's a "fact anywhere" based on actual data collected on repairs, recalls, time and money spent on maintenance.

You can't argue against numbers and there are a myriad of reports and data available to support both my claims that Range Rovers and PXG clubs are both Pretty Xpensive Garbage!

“see I play PXG and I don’t care what anyone says. If you care what other people say then you have serious issues”

”well, I don’t like PXG.”

*small pause*

”SHUT YOUR D*MN MOUTH”

Veners is nothing if not consistent.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

17 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

Bob Parsons is reason enuff NOT to buy imho

I am a hunter but anyone who shoots elephants should have a special place in hell

totally agree. I hope he follows up the Sugar Daddy wedge with the “Women are Objects You Can Buy with Money” driver.

nobody cares if you play PXG but it’s silly to not understand why people will give you crap for doing it. Especially if you’re putting up a 95. It’s like wearing $200 Jordan’s to the park while 80 pounds overweight and can barely dribble. Come on now.

Edited by pinestreetgolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Guys. Be real here. Coming from an actual ex-pro athlete... you are either pro, or you aren’t. Period. If you don’t carry a touring card, then we play this game for fun, and the timed we do compete, we have this thing called a handicap to keep it competitive. 

play the clubs if you like the clubs. As far as sugar daddy is concerned... it’s mean to be a play on a commonly used term to say how sweet the club is. I’m a democrat and I don’t see that as sexist, even I can take a joke in 2020...

if you object to Parsons recreation, don’t play his clubs. But to say someone shouldn’t have nice gear to do something they enjoy, but aren’t great at is absurd. Lots of people drive sports cars, but would slide off a track. 

You either pay for clubs, or you are paid to play. Zero in between here. 

Edited by Mahamilto
  • Like 2

L.A.B Link.1

I had an almost full bag of PXG about 6 months ago. I live in Scottsdale so seeing a staff bag full of PXG clubs is pretty common. In my experience a guy with a bag full of PXG loves the game but really can't play a lick. I suppose that could be said of any amateur rollin' up with a manufacturer staff bag and all the latest clubs to match.

I get more questions/comments about my Stitch bag and lead tape covered MP4's. 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

9 hours ago, Mahamilto said:

if you object to Parsons recreation, don’t play his clubs. But to say someone shouldn’t have nice gear to do something they enjoy, but aren’t great at is absurd. Lots of people drive sports cars, but would slide off a track. 

You misunderstand.  In no universe do I think you shouldn't be able to have the PXG gear.  Of course you should.  But if you get it I get to make fun of you for it.  That's how it works.  You can get a lot of things, and some of them will cause me to laugh at you and make jokes at your expense.  A 20 cap with a bag of PXG sticks is one of those things that sometimes can produce a chuckle.

You being allowed to have something and me being allowed to think you are a chump / make fun of you for having that thing are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 4

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

You aren’t wrong. I’m just making a counter argument that if you judge someone for it, it is more of a reflection of you as a person than the bag of PXGs being a reflection of the person Who owns them

• Like 1

L.A.B Link.1

On 12/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, Mustu said:

A question for people who play PXG clubs.  I bought the 0211 irons earlier this year at the $95 sale price and picked up a hybrid from the PXG express store on eBay and just got a decent deal on the 0311 gen 2 from the same store.

I mostly play as a single so I'm playing with random people all the time.  My irons are a curiosity because most people either don't know what they are or all they know is that they are super expensive.  I get it.  Out of the hundreds of people I've played with I think only 1 or 2 have played PXG clubs.  

I feel the need to explain to anyone that comments about them that they were actually pretty inexpensive.  Cheaper than the equivalent Taylormade or Ping I could have bought.  I'm even thinking about getting iron covers for the 0311 so they're not as noticable.  I guess I don't want to be that guy who has more money than game (I'm just an average usually around 10 handicap golfer).

Curious what do other PXG players do.

Feeling the need to explain is your issue!

Let your sticks do the talking! 

On 12/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, Mustu said:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

Actually for all the crap Parson gets out here, I actually like what he’s done and would probably be a great dude to run with. Elephants got nothing to do with it. 
Keep the PXGs in play and F off to anyone who judges you. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I've played PXG 0311P's for 3 years (Gen 1's & Gen 2's.).  Most people that ask me about them are interested in how they play and unaware that you can get them for just about the same price as other irons if you buy the previous generations.  I've never paid more than $149 per iron which is cheaper than Callaway Apex and X Forged CB irons.  PXG created a lot of sticker shock and criticism for their new club prices when they first came out and a lot of people wrote them off at that point as overpriced and out of their budget so they are curious why people would spend so much on golf clubs.  

• Like 2

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX