Heads up for the community

blackngold_blood

Just looking to give a heads up to the community. Not looking for arguments or to completely roast the seller as he may come back and make it right. 

I posted a WTB for a TSI3 8* head back on 11/13. I was contacted by @bdeyhle about one direct from Titleist through his hookup from college. Price was great so I checked his profile. No feedback but long time member. I figured paypal has my back so agree to purchase. I payed G&S and even paid the PP fees.  I received a message  from him on 11/17 saying he talked to his guy and the order was placed and should ship asap and he would get me tracking.  Around a week later I messaged him about tracking and he said he would get in contact with his guy. Another week later I messaged him again and he said he had a death in the family and would get back with me that afternoon. That was 12/2 and he has ghosted on me. Hasn't signed on here and hasn't replied to any messages since. 

I informed him that I would be opening a dispute with paypal and waited a couple days to see if he would finally reply.  I then escalated it to a claim with paypal earlier this week but he hasn't even responded to them.  

I have tried to be understanding especially if there was a death and the fact that I can't golf right now in northern iowa. That accompanied by a new release had me thinking it may take a little longer but a month with no tracking after hearing it should ship asap and no communication for 2 1/2 weeks was too much to take. 

Ok I feel better.  Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Edit:

I have a refund pending. PayPal said they ruled in my favor and seller issued an E-Check refund so I am awaiting funds to clear after the first of the year. Not sure why it takes that long but at least I’m getting my money back. Still haven’t heard from the seller but maybe when he logs in here he will have an explanation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by blackngold_blood
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Just looking to give a heads up to the community. Not looking for arguments or to completely roast the seller as he may come back and make it right. 

I posted a WTB for a TSI3 8* head back on 11/13. I was contacted by @bdeyhle about one direct from Titleist through his hookup from college. Price was great so I checked his profile. No feedback but long time member. I figured paypal has my back so agree to purchase. I payed G&S and even paid the PP fees.  I received a message  from him on 11/17 saying he talked to his guy and the order was placed and should ship asap and he would get me tracking.  Around a week later I messaged him about tracking and he said he would get in contact with his guy. Another week later I messaged him again and he said he had a death in the family and would get back with me that afternoon. That was 12/2 and he has ghosted on me. Hasn't signed on here and hasn't replied to any messages since. 

I informed him that I would be opening a dispute with paypal and waited a couple days to see if he would finally reply.  I then escalated it to a claim with paypal earlier this week but he hasn't even responded to them.  

I have tried to be understanding especially if there was a death and the fact that I can't golf right now in northern iowa. That accompanied by a new release had me thinking it may take a little longer but a month with no tracking after hearing it should ship asap and no communication for 2 1/2 weeks was too much to take. 

Ok I feel better.  Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

That sucks, mate. I feel ya. Hope u'll get ur money back. It's hard enough to trust people that u know...

Thanks for the heads up. 

Happy holidays.

Cheers

• Like 2

"friend from college" and stalling tactics/etc.....sounds like a scammer. Sorry.

would not have gone through with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

"friend from college" and stalling tactics/etc.....sounds like a scammer. Sorry.

would not have gone through with that.

To be fair he could very well have a contact with Titleist from college (know a few guys that do from other oems) and had a death in the family.  Just wanted everyone to know as I have seen lots of WTB posts for TSI heads and full clubs. 

As far as not doing the deal, the price was great but not "too good to be true" great. Plus with PP G&S I should be covered especially since I didn't even get a tracking number let alone the driver head.

It is my first run in with something like this and I'm just gonna chalk it up to another learning experience in the crazy 2020. 

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

To be fair he could very well have a contact with Titleist from college (know a few guys that do from other oems) and had a death in the family.  Just wanted everyone to know as I have seen lots of WTB posts for TSI heads and full clubs. 

As far as not doing the deal, the price was great but not "too good to be true" great. Plus with PP G&S I should be covered especially since I didn't even get a tracking number let alone the driver head.

It is my first run in with something like this and I'm just gonna chalk it up to another learning experience in the crazy 2020. 

I know you're being optimistic and thats cool and all but....I've seen this 100 times before. Scammer.

Definitely proceed with the PP claim regardless if he responds or not, get your money back and say you're no longer comfortable. Dont cancel the claim with PP.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 minute ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I know you're being optimistic and thats cool and all but....I've seen this 100 times before. Scammer.

Definitely proceed with the PP claim regardless if he responds or not, get your money back and say you're no longer comfortable. Dont cancel the claim with PP.

Yeah I plan on proceeding with the claim until it is resolved or I have the head in hand with confirmation from Titleist as authentic.  

• Thanks 1

I will update the original post as well but I have a refund pending. PayPal said they ruled in my favor and seller issued an E-Check refund so I am awaiting funds to clear after the first of the year. Not sure why it takes that long but at least I’m getting my money back. Still haven’t heard from the seller but maybe when he logs in here he will have an explanation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now to find another one. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MiniJ83 said:

There always seems to be a death in the family when an item hasn’t been shipped. Odd. That’s why I always ship promptly, so no one in my family ever dies. 

I always try to ship the next day unless payment comes late at night. Then it is the following day. I’m not a fan of needing more time than that to ship something your selling. Also after this debacle I will only be buying stuff from people with it in hand. I like to stay positive and think the best of people but I won’t get fooled twice by the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, MiniJ83 said:

There always seems to be a death in the family when an item hasn’t been shipped. Odd. That’s why I always ship promptly, so no one in my family ever dies. 

Lol, exactly. Statistically speaking, no there was not a death in the family, and their usually never is. Very smart of you to use PayPal the way you did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Update #3

The refund was sent e-check and it didn’t clear. Called PayPal this morning was told that somebody from PayPal will be in contact with me in the next 24hrs to initiate a forced refund. No idea how it works but maybe I will have my money back before the new year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 weeks ... that is not out of line for Titleist shipping at the time this post was made. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

21 minutes ago, Colej said:

Sorry you’ve had to go through this mess. 

It’s all good. I believe I will get my money back at some point. Hopefully right around the time or before I happen across a good deal on a tsi3 8* head.  Until then I will keep updating the thread and perhaps @bdeyhle will grace us with his presence and  with an explanation!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Last update from me but I will leave the thread open in case the seller would like to come on to explain. 

Paypal pushed the refund through this morning.  So now I can go looking for another one. 

I doubt he comments.

• Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

This member also contacted me about a set of MP-20 copper's he supposedly had in hand. Stated he had 2 sets and was selling 1 set...mind you for under cost because i asked my fitter what his cost was. I was REALLY close to sending the money after seeing he has been a member forever. THEN I dug a little deeper. I ran his PayPal email address and found his complete name. Ran that and the RED flags flew. I then found the same set of clubs he said he had sold on ebay a few weeks earlier for double what he said he would sell me for them. He was so close to having $1450 to begin with then lowered the price before I even replied to $1350 of my money.

I couldn't confirm at that point that he was truly a thief so I just left it alone, sorry op, I wish I had posted a topic then but he hadn't really done anything I could confirm as bad, besides me feeling uneasy enough, to not buy the set of irons I REALLY want.

Anyways, OP I assume you are dealing with "Charles Blake Deyhle" 

from what I can figure out he was in TX and is now in VA

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmarilloStolenStuff/permalink/1915400172041953/

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sfd732 said:

This member also contacted me about a set of MP-20 copper's he supposedly had in hand. Stated he had 2 sets and was selling 1 set...mind you for under cost because i asked my fitter what his cost was. I was REALLY close to sending the money after seeing he has been a member forever. THEN I dug a little deeper. I ran his PayPal email address and found his complete name. Ran that and the RED flags flew. I then found the same set of clubs he said he had sold on ebay a few weeks earlier for double what he said he would sell me for them. He was so close to having $1450 to begin with then lowered the price before I even replied to $1350 of my money.

I couldn't confirm at that point that he was truly a thief so I just left it alone, sorry op, I wish I had posted a topic then but he hadn't really done anything I could confirm as bad, besides me feeling uneasy enough, to not buy the set of irons I REALLY want.

Anyways, OP I assume you are dealing with "Charles Blake Deyhle" 

from what I can figure out he was in TX and is now in VA

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmarilloStolenStuff/permalink/1915400172041953/

That would be the guy. He has the same picture on his PP account.  Guess I should have dug a little deeper.  

• Like 1