2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

EBay and Usps Shipping Delays Need Help (NO POLITICS)

icecat88

Make this short need advice we all know how ridiculous usps is right now I sold item on eBay dec8 shipped next day priority which means nothing I know. All tracking has it left my post office nothing since. Just checked with post master today said eveything is held up in Columbus which is our main hub. The seller today messaged me and said don’t look like it’s coming which I told him the post office back up. My post master is checking said but be 30 days to file a claim on my end. So A. Do I refund the seller now and if so my concern is what happens if the item gets to him after I refund. Anyone know or been in this situation what does ebay do 

Edited by 1t2golf

I’m in a similar boat where USPS is taking 20 days plus to deliver someone I bought on the BST.  Not the sellers fault and nothing could be done to prevent this.  I’m not sure when or if this will be delivered.  Crazy as it really depends on the area it is coming from, I’ve bought other stuff that took a few days delay but right now coming from Duluth, MN it took 14 days to move to St. Paul, MN and hasn’t moved since.  

I wouldn’t do anything right now.  You can’t be held responsible for the delays from USPS and how they are being behind the COVID excuse.  Wait till 30 days and see what USPS will do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cleveland_Rocks said:

I’m in a similar boat where USPS is taking 20 days plus to deliver someone I bought on the BST.  Not the sellers fault and nothing could be done to prevent this.  I’m not sure when or if this will be delivered.  Crazy as it really depends on the area it is coming from, I’ve bought other stuff that took a few days delay but right now coming from Duluth, MN it took 14 days to move to St. Paul, MN and hasn’t moved since.  

I wouldn’t do anything right now.  You can’t be held responsible for the delays from USPS and how they are being behind the COVID excuse.  Wait till 30 days and see what USPS will do.

What if or can the buyer file claim on eBay before the 30days? 

1 minute ago, icecat88 said:

Make this short need advice we all know how ridiculous usps is right now I sold item on eBay dec8 shipped next day priority which means nothing I know. All tracking has it left my post office nothing since. Just checked with post master today said eveything is held up in Columbus which is our main hub. The seller today messaged me and said don’t look like it’s coming which I told him the post office back up. My post master is checking said but be 30 days to file a claim on my end. So A. Do I refund the seller now and if so my concern is what happens if the item gets to him after I refund. Anyone know or been in this situation what does ebay do 

In all my years , I've never seen Usps as bad as it is right now. What i dealt with recently. I sold an item here Nov 5th. After weeks of showing no movement , I refunded the WRX member , but on Dec 14th it showed up. The buyer sent the funds back to me once they received it. All was good. 

With eBay , I don't think I would refund anything quite yet , today only dates it out 2 weeks unless the item wasn't of much value. It's a royal PITA to file a claim with Usps, but I guess it's up to the morality of the buyer to hang tight and understand it's out of your control.  If you were to refund he buyer now and it delivered whos to say you'd get your money back or the item. Can you open a eBay claim in the resolution center yourself for your item not delivered so it could be documented that if they receive it , they have to do the right thing? It'll probably show up , but may be in January. 

Just now, icecat88 said:

What if or can the buyer file claim on eBay before the 30days? 

I think they can file a claim if at anytime it doesn't arrive by the suggested delivery date. BUT, litigation goes on for weeks when a case is opened in this manner and maybe by then , your customer would get the item. 

I would wait until USPS admits the package is lost before you refund.  You never know with them today... 

I had a situation on eBay were I sold a driving iron head for $70 that was delayed by 3 weeks.  Buyer reached out, I filed a find package claim and USPS replied within 3 days saying package lost and to file a claim (cut my losses being uninsured).  I refunded the buyer.  

My package sent was a first class uninsured package, figures it would be lost however... I randomly stumbled across a BST listing were the seller had a similar name to the buyer on eBay with the exact item I sold.  I checked my tracking to find out it was "delivered" and reached out to seller on the BST, it was in fact my item and was returned at the end of the day.  Funny how these things work out... 

- KC 

Edited by KC13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wood Bros Kool Cat F-1 - 11°

TaylorMade Tour Cleek - 16°

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Cleveland Reg. 588 - Special 49°

Wilson Staff Dyna-Power - SW

[Putter - TBD]

I ran into a similar situation a few weeks ago. Certain places are much slower than others. I had a package coming to me from New Hampshire and the NH facility was running two weeks slow. Stuff from Golfworks, also in Ohio, was painfully slow. I wouldn’t refund anything based on what everyone is experiencing right now. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

I’m in Columbus myself and just received 2 packages via usps. They are behind for sure. Mine only sat 3 and 5 days each time in “in transit arriving late “ i set text notifications so it would update me. Each day I would get excited thinking it has updated, nope. Then all of a sudden will update then be out for delivery the next day. My local post said between having people out with quarantine for COVID and increase in online shopping it is a mess. 
chances are not lost. 
mom April I had same situation via a sale I made on eBay. I did refund the buy. That one took 6 weeks to arrive. When it did, the buyer actually sent me the payment directly through PayPal. I got lucky to have a stand up buyer on eBay. I wrote it off as a loss. 
I would hope usps and eBay would see what is going on and delay forcing refunds. Good luck! 

I would stay in contact with the buyer. I would also submit a ticket on usps which typically helps the package be found and move quicker. Also, unless the buyer submits an eBay claim for item not received I’d just stay in contact because if you refund and it gets there, they’d have no obligation to send back. 

someone just did this to me when a driver head took about two weeks to travel 4 hours. They opened a case but the package was delivered and the case auto closed.

0C74743D-377A-44F2-B44F-94250CBF98B7.jpeg

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

USPS at this point is a joke  They SUCKETH mightily !

• Like 2

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

I have two packages via USPS priority mail shipped on Dec. 5th.  Still not delivered and buyers are getting antsy (understandably so).  Tracking just says....on the way, getting delievered late (with no location update).

I PRAY TO GOD ITS NOT LOST....$900 irons and $700 driver....both not insured for the value.  I PRAY ONE OF THEM GETS DELIVERED AND I CAN JUST EAT IT on one of them.

Its making me have a heart attack because $1,600 will REALLY set me back financially.  FML!!

• Sad 1

Same boat here.. bought a shaft that’s been 2 weeks today with no update.. just saying in transit to next facility.. not the sellers fault though. I would avoid USPS right now.. FedEx seems to be operating normally seeing as other items I’ve shipped and received by them have arrived in a normal timeframe.

Edited by Jace_bkr

I recently bought a wedge from one of the large Ebay retailers. They mailed UPS and received the club in 3 days, shipped on a Monday, at my house on Thursday (Alabama to NC). I had another order shipped from MA to NC FedEx 2 day air. Item arrived on time.

USPS, I'm lucky to get my item in 2-3 weeks. If you are selling, do not ship USPS, use UPS or FedEx. 

Edited by lefty1978
  • Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

1 hour ago, tincup_jeff said:

I have two packages via USPS priority mail shipped on Dec. 5th.  Still not delivered and buyers are getting antsy (understandably so).  Tracking just says....on the way, getting delievered late (with no location update).

I PRAY TO GOD ITS NOT LOST....$900 irons and $700 driver....both not insured for the value.  I PRAY ONE OF THEM GETS DELIVERED AND I CAN JUST EAT IT on one of them.

Its making me have a heart attack because $1,600 will REALLY set me back financially.  FML!!

They'll show up, I've had a few things that took weeks with just 'arriving late' status then they finally arrived.  Still waiting on 1 I sold on bst, but confident it will be delivered. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Not sure if anyone addressed this above, but eBay revised its seller protection, no where near long enough with the delays, but I’d hesitate to refund any big ticket items just yet. 

I have three sales sitting somewhere, low price items, I pulled most higher price stuff for now. I filed missing package traces and sent the buyers a message with the request # so they know I’m being proactive. Seems that reinforcing the need that USPS is right now and being sympathetic will work with most buyers. 

As a buyer I purchased a shaft from a local retailer’s eBay store on November 1. Drop shipped from Ping. Never showed. They refunded me after 30 days. Delivered today, so I emailed them to arrange payment.  

For the added piece of mind, for anything over $50 value, I ship insured & take tons of pictures pre-boxed & boxed up.

• Like 2

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

Don't do anything! stay in contact with the buyer and wait for a claim to be filed. Very similar occurrence happened to me back during the first covid usps shipping debacle. I sold a putter, two weeks later it has not shown up, buyer getting very pushy, so I refunded him. The putter arrived within the next couple of days, now he has my money and putter. I message him and he pretty much told me to get EFFED.  It was a nightmare, eBay customer service was a joke, I spent at least 10 hours on the phone trying to work something out.

Edited by Troutfly
Revised

In looking over some of the nightmares noted here; I think if it is $100 or more, I'm going to put in the listing on the bay that I will only ship with signature required, and via either FedEx or UPS.

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

If buyers are being d*cks about shipping delays, be sympathetic ("yeah man, this sucks, I'm waiting for stuff too") but DO NOT offer refunds or the like. Because there's nothing you can do about what is surely the biggest shipping holiday in the history of the world with the pandemic keeping everyone home on Amazon, etc. In 99.99 percent of cases, people are going to get their stuff. I told someone yesterday to check back with me after New Year's if it's still not there.

Edited by jschwarb
typo
  • Like 1

Same boat I actually just stopped buying on bst or ebay unless seller ships using a different carrier other than usps.  They are plain horrible anymore.

• Like 2

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

8 minutes ago, Poolparty said:

What is the 30 day refund claim? I'm getting ready to take action on the item I bought on 12/1

If the seller has been pro-active in your case staying in contact with you and has taking steps with the post office (assuming it was shipped usps) I would hold off till after the new year. It is not uncommon at all now for post office to take 3-4 weeks sometimes more which is still in my book inexcusable as fedex and ups has not had a problem. Would hope at least if you demanded refund then it shows up to have arrangements to pay the seller back for the item. I’ve got 2 out and 1 on the way that’s at the 4 week mark this week. I’ve opened a case management as recommended on here with usps and says has been closed now after 4 days but I didn’t get a answer So I’ll have to contact my post master and see I had for them to call with answer and today being Sunday maybe tomorrow. Good luck and be patient not the sellers fault 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icecat88 said:

If the seller has been pro-active in your case staying in contact with you and has taking steps with the post office (assuming it was shipped usps) I would hold off till after the new year. It is not uncommon at all now for post office to take 3-4 weeks sometimes more which is still in my book inexcusable as fedex and ups has not had a problem. Would hope at least if you demanded refund then it shows up to have arrangements to pay the seller back for the item. I’ve got 2 out and 1 on the way that’s at the 4 week mark this week. I’ve opened a case management as recommended on here with usps and says has been closed now after 4 days but I didn’t get a answer So I’ll have to contact my post master and see I had for them to call with answer and today being Sunday maybe tomorrow. Good luck and be patient not the sellers fault 

I wouldn’t say they’ve been good or helpful. Took them a week to process it which was enough to put it into the USPS wheelhouse of hell. Then they just blamed USPS and didn’t offer any help. The item was $350 and time sensitive. I wouldn’t even say I need it anymore. Would rather have the money. After a few days I tried to pick it up in store but they said it was at a warehouse and the warehouse didn’t have a phone number I could call. 

I guess I should call them tomorrow and ask for a refund and if it goes well let them deal w USPS and if it goes badly file a claim w USPS? What is the claim called?

• 1t2golf changed the title to EBay and Usps Shipping Delays Need Help (NO POLITICS)