Laser Rangefinder for $49

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the heads up...   I bought one of these.   for the first 10 minutes I was confused as to why everything appeared tiny and upside down. Eventually I realized I was lookin

well, I now know my neighbors car across the street is 44 yards away, it's 112 yards to the first mailbox down the street and I've got to add 9 yds if I want to hit halfway up the telephone pole. 

I have a Bushnell, and I’d look favorably on a different battery system. The CR2 works until it doesn’t - no sense that it’s running out, just dies. And, if the screw in battery cover isn’t screwed in

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + ATMOS TS Blue / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + Diamana Thump  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

$49 if you’re not a prime member. 

I’ve been playing for 30 years and never owned one, but for $50 I’m giving this one a shot. 

Edited by sm_watts

Callaway Epic Flash 12.0, 5.5 Evenflow green
Ping g410 4h & 5h hybrids

...irons, what to do...

Snake Eyes 52 gap Rifle 5.0
Corey Paul forged 56 sand Rifle 5.0

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

9 hours ago, JoseR said:

Let me know how the work out for u guys

I have a base model Nikon without slope i can compare it to as soon as it comes in.

Although i dont know how long this deal or coupon code is good for...so I would probably order it from Amazon and then return it if it turns out to suck

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + ATMOS TS Blue / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + Diamana Thump  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

I’ve been wanting one for hunting just as much as golf. I’d like to know just how far out those pronghorns really are. 

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

Thanks for the heads up...

I bought one of these.

for the first 10 minutes I was confused as to why everything appeared tiny and upside down. Eventually I realized I was looking through the wrong end (I’m an idiot and I’ve never had a rangefinder)

Now that I’m looking through the correct hole, the thing seems to work quite well

its easy to aim and it gets the yardage quickly

ill Try it on the course on Tuesday. Thanks. 

• Haha 3

Got mine and the numbers are easy to read on the normal distance mode, but when you turn the slope mode on the readout starts showing extra sections of the numbers so that it is largely unreadable.  Of course, it was sitting out in my mailbox for half a day in 10 degree (F) weather, so I might just need to let it warm back up a little and try it again.

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

well, I now know my neighbors car across the street is 44 yards away, it's 112 yards to the first mailbox down the street and I've got to add 9 yds if I want to hit halfway up the telephone pole. 

If the numbers are accurate this thing is a solid bargain.  I had no trouble seeing the readout in either mode. And it has jolt! Have any of you guys got on the course with it yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Frank Lemon said:

If the numbers are accurate this thing is a solid bargain.  I had no trouble seeing the readout in either mode. And it has jolt! Have any of you guys got on the course with it yet?

I should have mine on the course by mid-April 🤣

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

6 hours ago, Frank Lemon said:

yes I’ve used mine twice on the course and I really like it.

it seems to read similar yardages to my two friends who have Bushnells.

so far so good. We’ll see if it stands the test of time. 

5 hours ago, Phireside said:

I love seeing budget rangefinders get good reviews. I think the prices for the name brand ones are silly. I got a tectectec for about $100 3 years ago. It's been great and only changed the battery twice.

Not sure about this one's batteries though. I'm no expert but 2 AAA seems odd compared to the CR2 that most others use.

I have a Bushnell, and I’d look favorably on a different battery system. The CR2 works until it doesn’t - no sense that it’s running out, just dies. And, if the screw in battery cover isn’t screwed in perfectly (using a quarter to turn it exactly 1/2 turn, assuming it was seated perfectly), it doesn’t work. Very annoying. 

• Like 1
On 1/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, LPSISCO said:

I have a Bushnell, and I’d look favorably on a different battery system. The CR2 works until it doesn’t - no sense that it’s running out, just dies. And, if the screw in battery cover isn’t screwed in perfectly (using a quarter to turn it exactly 1/2 turn, assuming it was seated perfectly), it doesn’t work. Very annoying. 

Its actually nice to have a common battery type that's easily replaced and available anywhere. CR123 and CR2 are like $10 each and hard to find sometimes.

I’ll take mine out to the football field tomorrow and try it out a little more and see about the things some of you are saying. 

• Thanks 1

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

Still worked fine in regular mode, unreadable numbers in slope mode. Is it worth sending back or should I keep it for normal mode?

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

11 hours ago, sm_watts said:

Still worked fine in regular mode, unreadable numbers in slope mode. Is it worth sending back or should I keep it for normal mode?

In non slope mode I need to press the button on whatever I want distance to. In slope mode when you press and hold it there isn't any issues locking onto the flag when the unit finds it. I'm keeping it, played with it at the range yesterday and the distances were spot on even if it took a couple times to get right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new one yesterday and it appears to work just fine.  My neighbors house is 19.7 yards away, with a slight downward slope that would play at 20.3 yards.

• Like 1

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

• 2 months later...

I had a chance to use mine out on the course last week and it worked just fine. Another guy in our group had an expensive callaway one and mine was consistently 3 yards longer than his, but who knows which one was more accurate. At least it was three yards longer every time. 

• Like 1

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

It's back down to $49.99 after clipping $10 off coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HMRG3TF/

Most of the recent reviews don't give me a warm fuzzy even at that price.

Other question: can you turn the slope functionality off?

Edited by pseudoswede

Live in Colorado? Visit ColoradoWRX!

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

52 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

It's back down to $49.99 after clipping $10 off coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HMRG3TF/

Most of the recent reviews don't give me a warm fuzzy even at that price.

I've been using it for 3+ months and it works well for me. Knock on wood. Hopefully it keeps working. I don't think the yardages are off. I've compare them to a Bushnell and it's 1-2 yards difference, if anything. But I could be wrong on that.

I don't think there is necessarily a way to turn off slope, however I do think you can use an interface that does not have slope.

When you push the button(s) on top, it toggles between different options in the viewfinder. One of the options I believe is just the yardage with no slope. But I will double check today. 

I will say that I think it is harder to lock onto targets than it is when using a premium rangefinder. It definitely is not a $300 range finder at $50. But it is usable and effective, especially inside 200 yards. 

Edited by straightshot7
  • Like 1

I just bought 4 cheap range finders from amazon and this is best of all. Main reason is that other ones show the yardage on top of the circle, then the sloped-distance on the bottom. 

this one shows both yardages on the bottom so it's MUCH easier to read.

one bad thing is this one runs with AAA batteries and I don't know how long it lasts.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, pseudoswede said:

Yes, when you toggle between modes, one is with slope, the other without. 

...irons, what to do...

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99

On 4/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, larciel said:

I just bought 4 cheap range finders from amazon and this is best of all. Main reason is that other ones show the yardage on top of the circle, then the sloped-distance on the bottom. 

this one shows both yardages on the bottom so it's MUCH easier to read.

one bad thing is this one runs with AAA batteries and I don't know how long it lasts.

Not long. Couple rounds. Best practice is to take out the batteries between rounds. But this is a very legit rangefinder. You could do far worse.