Buy a Ventus w/ Velocore not a new driver

37 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Keep in mind swing weight is just the balance point of how it feels.  Four things contribute to it 

Weight of the club head
Weight of the grip
Weight of the shaft
Length of the golf club

You can adjust club head in 410 by adding different weight sizes (3 to 18 gram).  You can add shaft butt weights.  Even grip weight matters.  End of the day swing weight can be adjusted for what you need within reason.  Going up or down points should be easy.  For example, all it takes to make a golf club go from a D2 to a D3 rating is about .07 ounces or 2 grams in the club head.

You can add balance point of the shaft to that as well. Ping have a few noticeably counter balanced shafts and if you replace some of these with say the Velocore  you will gain a little SW. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing to keep in mind since the typo "Velacore" has appeared over 30 times in this thread....if you continue to spell "Velocore" wrong, the Velocore will actually fall out of your shaft the next t

Sounds like some posters are talking about OEM Ventus. OP is clearly talking about Velocore version, which is outstanding. Won’t change your life or your swing, but it’s one of the exotic shafts that’

For most folks with higher swing speeds it's always been a trade-off between distance and control. I switched from an Accra TZ6 that was as good as anything I've ever swung in a driver for a Ventus Bl

Posted Images

Fuji has offered statements to the effect the Ventus is different in relation to tipping. They recommend you try it first without tipping ir-regardless of how you normally build a club.

Edited by nitram

Titleist JDM TSi3  9*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15*                        Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2       Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA CB57 4-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Bettinardi TOUR DASS MiNoVai 3.0 Flowneck 34/350

Only ventus i hit was the blue, about 10 balls and i wasnt impressed. Yes it was the velocore. But upon further digging, i think the red, tipped, may be the right one for me, at least i should give it a shot. One of my favorite shafts is the motore ts 7.3x.  If you look at tip and butt flex on fujis website, its 93 and 69, torque of 3.0, it is almost identical to the 7x ventus red at 93 and 70 with 3.1. 5 grams lighter which i would welcome. Anyone have one i could demo?? 😂

36 minutes ago, rouski12 said:

For those of you who have ventus in multiple woods/hybrids, how did you set it up? I was fit for blue 7x in TSi3 driver (absolutely love it) and recently purchased the TSi3 3W head. I was thinking Red 8x for the 3W? Wouldn't mind grabbing the hybrid shaft either.

Check the page before, several commented on it

Thought I’d share @Valtielinfo.

The Ventus line was a complete departure from the Atmos line so just know that you'll always be dealing with a different design from shaft to shaft:

448037471_ScreenShot2020-12-22at3_20_43AM.png.723d23024bddb843c5fdb33a2d221527.png

The thicker dark blue is the Ventus Blue. You can see it is much softer throughout the mid section, much more of a traditional "Blue" profile whereas the Atmos Blue is just a slightly smoother version of the Atmos Black. 

1474966327_ScreenShot2020-12-22at3_21_26AM.png.21cbd2670f77f84884015314cb199f9b.png

The Ventus and Atmos Blacks have a similar tip to butt ratio (stiffness in the butt related to the tip) but they clearly get there in completely different ways. The biggest difference is that gap between 18" and 26" where the Atmos Black is softer, but it then gets stiffer where the Ventus gets softer and then vice versa towards the tip. Very different feeling shafts that, assuming the same delivery, should produce similar numbers. That is rarely the case though as feel often impacts delivery. These two shafts are very much a "case by case" basis kind of thing, whereas the Blue versions have much clearer differences. 

Regarding your hook miss, it all depends on where it is coming from. I wouldn't use tipping for that though, too subtle and feel related. 

• 1 month later...

If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I don't see any specific discernable on-course performance difference between the Ventus Black 7x and the Tensei Raw White 75x (in a TSi3).  Distance and dispersion are all within the margin of error for my swing.

But, the feel of the Velocore is significantly smoother, which depending on preference can be a good or a bad thing.  So while I don't think it's a panacea, it's still a pretty damn good shaft!

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

On 12/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, SwingBlues said:

Wow, that's freaking expensive, most can pick it up after market from a rep Fujikura dealer and save instead of getting it from Titleis AND also upgrade to a Black velocore as well for more lower launch and spin that the Black offers.

I got the Speedzone Pars & Stripes that came with the Blue Velocore but it now has the Black and this driver is just SINGING. I may well put the Blue Velocore into my backup driver, the Epic Flash SZ. I run the Uni-fit system so the shafts can go into any OEM head with the right sleeve.

Prior to this I still love Fujikura's ATMOS Black but they sure did a very nice progression when they introduced the Ventus line with the Velocore. Thus far, Fujikura is the only shaft company I am willing to drop my $$$ into an aftermarket shaft, I just love their shaft 👍

I know I’m late to this but what compares best to the Atmos Black?  The Ventus blue or black?  

1 hour ago, Left Rough said:

If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I don't see any specific discernable on-course performance difference between the Ventus Black 7x and the Tensei Raw White 75x (in a TSi3).  Distance and dispersion are all within the margin of error for my swing.

But, the feel of the Velocore is significantly smoother, which depending on preference can be a good or a bad thing.  So while I don't think it's a panacea, it's still a pretty damn good shaft!

Both Ventus Black and AV Raw White were very simliar in numbers for me.  Same launch angle and spin rates within 200 rpm of each other.  I bought the Ventus Black before testing the AV Raw White, but I was able to do a side by side comparison when I took my VB with me to get on trackman.  I have the Ventus Blue in my 3 metal and it's absolutely perfect.  I'm picky enough with driver, but even more so with 3 metal.  The last awesome 3 metal I had was a tour issue cally razr 15* w/Aldila RIP beta 7x.  It was completely dialed in.  My dumbass sold the damn thing and I went through several 3 metals until I finally found the "one".  The SIM Ti I have now is pretty in line if not even slightly better.  I totally believe in the saying that the shaft is the engine.  Very tip stiff shafts tend to feel boardy but the feel of the Ventus is superb.

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I have a blue and a black. They are good shafts but no more than the hot shaft of the day....In a year when we are buying these for 100 bucks, (used in perfect condition)  people will be looking back at this thread and wondering how long the (brand X) shaft that everyone is using at the time will be a game saver.......Not trashing the shaft, as i said, I have two of them, But not something that will transform the game.

Edited by wobgon
20 hours ago, huskerturf said:

I know I’m late to this but what compares best to the Atmos Black?  The Ventus blue or black?  

Black 4 sure, Blue is definitely mid launch but low spin. I can play either, fantastic but right now, preference is the Blue due to the better slightly softer feel and more launch on my tweaked Speedzone Pars'n'Stripes

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft
Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Irons:      Mizuno JP921 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW KBS TGI 95/100 shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves One Plane swing

23 hours ago, wobgon said:

I have a blue and a black. They are good shafts but no more than the hot shaft of the day....In a year when we are buying these for 100 bucks, (used in perfect condition)  people will be looking back at this thread and wondering how long the (brand X) shaft that everyone is using at the time will be a game saver.......Not trashing the shaft, as i said, I have two of them, But not something that will transform the game.

So are you saying the velocore being forgiving is just hype?

37 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

So Velocore's hype is that it will tighten up dispersion.  The other exotic materials Fuji puts in the shaft is what gives it great feel.  The Ventus Black and Blue are some of the most accurate shafts for me.  Ball doesn't go offline nearly as much as my past gamers or shafts I have tested.  I believe in the hype.......for now, hehe.  

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

52 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

No, not at all. Just saying that there is always a shaft of the day so to speak.....It is always a shaft that everyone has to have. A year later, there is another one and the old one, by many is a thing of the past....no reason to think this one will be any different than all the other great shafts.

Edited by wobgon
  • Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, wobgon said:

I doubt that their value would fall off that much, not with the amount of tour validation they have. Everyone would need to drop it pretty quickly in order for its value to drop like that.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

On 2/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, LowAndLeft32 said:

Im looking at these shafts. Do you have the velocore? Im leaning red given my 106mph driver swing speed. Thanks.  

Yes, I have VeloCore and not a "made for"

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

15 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Thanks brother. Please forgive my ignorance but what is a “made for” thanks? 

Made for is a dilution of a product. Think of a bottle of Coke. A made for coke would be 1/2 coke and 1/2 water and no fizz. It's still Coke, right? Not.

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts

I went with Ventus Velocore Red, 5 series, 59g "S" in Driver at 44.75'. 

WOW, just doesn't seem loud enough for this 70yr old.  That shaft with TS2 9.5 head is not only a fairway finder, but it's got me smiling on the big kid tees, still, while out driving guys much younger than me.  I put the 7 series in my 4wd and just adjusted the sleeve to a setting I hadn't tried and found a few extra yards, so me B a happy camper after carding an easy "76" the other day.

Damn, gotta shoot my age. 😛

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
24 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Made for is a dilution of a product. Think of a bottle of Coke. A made for coke would be 1/2 coke and 1/2 water and no fizz. It's still Coke, right? Not.

Ok thanks for the explanation. So how do I make sure I don’t get a 1/2 coke if I’m looking to buy a velocore on the secondary market? 

Also, if buying without demo, how do you choose between red and blue? Should it be a combo between ball fall trajectory and swing sewed? So if I’m a lower ball flight player and driver swing speed is 106mph should I be looking at the blue shaft? Thanks. 

I have had the 6s blue and now have the 6s and 7s black.  The 6s blue I really struggled with.  I snap hooked a lot of shots.  It gets really soft about 10" up the shaft, which drove me nuts.  The black is more uniform throughout, which I prefer.  

I honestly hit my evenflow white just as good/consistant (if not better) but I do really enjoy the ventus black.  It really entices me to swing harder.  I expect to have more back pains very soon, haha.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Ok thanks for the explanation. So how do I make sure I don’t get a 1/2 coke if I’m looking to buy a velocore on the secondary market? 

Also, if buying without demo, how do you choose between red and blue? Should it be a combo between ball fall trajectory and swing sewed? So if I’m a lower ball flight player and driver swing speed is 106mph should I be looking at the blue shaft? Thanks. 

Fortunately, the made for Ventus is a shaft that comes with the Taylormade SIM drivers. There should not be that many of them and typically, most ebay sellers would spell this out in the listing. Colorwise and graphic wise the made for and real deal is the same. However, the real deal has "Velocore" that is printed near the tip.

Your swing speed is same as mine and I assume you can crank it to 110. In which case, probably Blue is best. Blue is mid launch while Red is high launch. Now, having said that I have not tried the Red but some have reported good experiences with the Red. If you are going to spend $200+, at least go find a Fujikura dealer or stocker and try the shaft. Otherwise, you'll be BSTing it.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Thanks brother. Please forgive my ignorance but what is a “made for” thanks? 

A "Made For" shaft is manufactured using different materials and less of others, and NO Velocore in the lower section, yet still qualifies to wear the Ventus name.  It's not made to mislead anyone.  It's offered at a highly reduced price point to OEM, so they buy in volume and offer them as a free option. 

Specs are typically different from the aftermarket shaft too.  Got to be careful though, not to get ripped off on the internet thinking it's the REAL deal Ventus only it's a Made for.  I know a lot about shafts, yet some years back I got suckered and bought Project X HZRDUS Red.  A few months later I learned the truth. 

Most people could not tell the difference if they had an aftermarket Ventus Velocore shaft right next to Ventus Made for painted to look like the real thing.  Without a LM to see stat differences, I am not sure these days, if I could tell.  Having said that I have two aftermarket with Velocore and they are fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
6 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

A "Made For" shaft is manufactured using different materials and less of others, and NO Velocore in the lower section, yet still qualifies to wear the Ventus name.  It's not made to mislead anyone.  It's offered at a highly reduced price point to OEM, so they buy in volume and offer them as a free option. 

Specs are typically different from the aftermarket shaft too.  Got to be careful though, not to get ripped off on the internet thinking it's the REAL deal Ventus only it's a Made for.  I know a lot about shafts, yet some years back I got suckered and bought Project X HZRDUS Red.  A few months later I learned the truth. 

Most people could not tell the difference if they had an aftermarket Ventus Velocore shaft right next to Ventus Made for painted to look like the real thing.  Without a LM to see stat differences, I am not sure these days, if I could tell.  Having said that I have two aftermarket with Velocore and they are fantastic.

Thanks @Pepperturboand @SwingBlues for the great insight. Very helpful. I got to try these shafts ASAP. I’m been using the Accra TZ5 M3 65 the last 3 years and have never hit it very good. So time for a change. 

• Like 1

Just as an experiment, I decided to bury $350 in my backyard and monitor the impact it had on my distance and dispersion off the tee.

In the weeks since, I was hitting the ball well, averaging 302 carry with 2200 spin and an average launch angle of 12*, but ball speed was like 186? I knew I was leaving some yards on the table.  

So, I added another $75 to the hole in my backyard and it's been night and day. 348 carry easy, right where I want it every time. 

Based upon my experience, I'm confident encouraging everyone to dig a hole in their backyard and fill it with cash. Don't worry, you'll make it back on tour. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

how does the ventus black 6x compare to the Accra tz5 65x?

Driver: Taylormade SIM2 Max - Accra TZ5 75 M5

3 Wood:  Taylormade SIM Ti - Accra TZ6 85 M5

Hybrid:  Srixon ZX Utility - GD AD DI Hybrid 95x

Irons:  Taylormade P770 4-AW  - KBS $Taper 125S+

Wedges: Taylormade MG2 56/12, 60/10 - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, SwingBlues said:

Does anyone know if Club Champion via Calloway sales the real deal Ventus velocore and not the made for? Thanks 

Edited by LowAndLeft32