Christmas gear?

Used Christmas gift cash plus a couple gift cards to order 4-PW Mizuno MP-20 HMB irons at custom specs.  Let the impatient waiting begin...

Edited by CyFan
  • Like 3

Titleist TS2 10.5 RIP Phenom 60 S
Titleist 917F2 16.5 Diamana S+ 70 S
Titleist 816H1 19 Tense Blue S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58 CFS
Toulon LasVegas 7H, OWorks Black Jailbird Mini, Scotty GoLo 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gifted myself tour issue Miura MC501 with lower offset, TW grind 56/60 wedges, and a new set of leather headcovers. I am now poor. 

Hope to play Sunday!

Got a UA cold gear reactor vest from the wife.     Funny.  I mentioned it sometime last spring while watching golf on TV. I saw one and commented on how I’d like that for the cold morning rounds.   Sh

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cgasucks said:

I'm from Surrey, BC myself.  Their annual Grip Sale is coming next month (40% off).  Just to let you know.

I’m just North of Toronto. Actually just upgraded my whole bag over the last 5-6 mths and all clubs re-gripped...but I’ll be jumping on the trade-in & trade-up event ASAP when it starts to get a new Driver!! They had SIM go on sale last night for $499.99 and almost pulled the trigger, but better to get fitted first and try the new 2021 stuff before making the leap this time!

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM Max D (10.5*) / UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

TaylorMade SIM Max D (16*) / UST Mamiya Helium 5F4 FW

Srixon Z U85 (20*) / UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4

TaylorMade P770 (4-PW) / Project X Rifle 6.0

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Mcgeeno said:

I got a 50 dollar GC..Somehow convinced my wife to let me upgrade my irons.

1100 dollars later I have a new set of Cobra Forged Tec Black one length irons on the way lol.

Its a Christmas Miracle!

Haha...sweet! Yeah, I’m eyeing the SIM 2, TSi2, TSi3, SIM, or G425 most likely...regardless will probably be a cool $500-$900, but all she needs to know is that it was her gift card that made it happen, Lol!! 😉👌

• Like 2

🇨🇦

Just now, BallerNate said:

Haha...sweet! Yeah, I’m eyeing the SIM 2, TSi2, TSi3, SIM, or G425 most likely...regardless will probably be a cool $500-$900, but all she needs to know is that it was her gift card that made it happen, Lol!! 😉👌

Nice! I'm won of those weirdo left handed single length players now so my options are limited. I was shocked to get full wife approval though...

She doesnt know I need to add a couple wedges yet.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Mcgeeno said:

Nice! I'm won of those weirdo left handed single length players now so my options are limited. I was shocked to get full wife approval though...

She doesnt know I need to add a couple wedges yet.

Haha...need to know basis, I get it!! Not weird at all...actually swung those Cobra single lengths in the store and loved the feel of the 7-PW, but the long irons being single length just didn’t work for me at 6’7! Not a tall man’s irons, but they definitely felt smooth!

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

🇨🇦

1 minute ago, BallerNate said:

Haha...need to know basis, I get it!! Not weird at all...actually swung those King Cobra single lengths in the store and loved the feel of the 7-PW, but the long irons being single length just didn’t work for me at 6’7! Not a tall man’s irons, but they definitely felt smooth!

Yeah I've had the F7 one lengths for close to 500 rounds now. In my defense I had actually built a set and posted my story here before I even knew who Deschambeau was haha.

So at least I can say I was an early adopter. 

Being 6-7 kinda takes 'off the rack' right out of your vocabulary haha. I'm lucky I've been fitted a couple times and fall right in the standard length/lie/wrist to floor etc. Ping Black dot haha.

31 minutes ago, Mcgeeno said:

Yeah I've had the F7 one lengths for close to 500 rounds now. In my defense I had actually built a set and posted my story here before I even knew who Deschambeau was haha.

So at least I can say I was an early adopter. 

Being 6-7 kinda takes 'off the rack' right out of your vocabulary haha. I'm lucky I've been fitted a couple times and fall right in the standard length/lie/wrist to floor etc. Ping Black dot haha.

Nice...Dechambeau makes them look good for sure, but I definitely see how it would be a workable setup for a lot of golfers! But no, “off the rack” is definitely not my reality, Lol! My irons are extended by 1”, wedges by 1.25”, and putter is 36”...whatever works right?

• Like 1

🇨🇦

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Nice...Dechambeau makes them look good for sure, but I definitely see how it would be a workable setup for a lot of golfers! But no, “off the rack” is definitely not my reality, Lol! My irons are extended by 1”, wedges by 1.25”, and putter is 36”...whatever works right?

@BallerNate; at 6'7" you must have some seriously long arms!  I've got a buddy on here who is 6'2" and plays the same specs as you!

Of course, my buddy and I are crusty old buggers and I think that means we're going to play a bit longer/more upright than a younger person might to make up for our lack of flexibility, but that's just a guess on my part.  

• Like 1

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

WS D7 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°

TM Jetspeed 25°

TM Speedblades 6-AW

TM ATV 56°

Ping Zing Mn Brz 36"

Well I was bored/drinking earlier in the week and sprinkled a few bids on eBay, I actually won one on Christmas morning so I guess that counts right? Probably gonna be a catch and release for me and maybe fund a custom putter or some lessons but everything is closed for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

18 hours ago, cgasucks said:

I was bored and going through Craiglist and found these gems mixed in with a bunch of other junk clubs 

Wedges.jpg.f920a8e3b1383aa285f2958e742caa9d.jpg

They were hardly used and seller wanted to get rid of it for $25 CDN.  I bought it the same day, cherry picked the wedges and donated the rest at my local Value Village.

Those Adams are decent wedges!  I've got a 60*03 that I acquired about a year ago for essentially nothing.  I'll need to spend some time with it, but I'm thinking that it will be  regular fixture going forward considering the number of times I find myself either short sided or playing into a green that slopes away.

• Like 1

WS D7 10.5°

TM Jetspeed 25°

TM Speedblades 6-AW

TM ATV 56°

Ping Zing Mn Brz 36"

21 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

Those Adams are decent wedges!  I've got a 60*03 that I acquired about a year ago for essentially nothing.  I'll need to spend some time with it, but I'm thinking that it will be  regular fixture going forward considering the number of times I find myself either short sided or playing into a green that slopes away.

Thanks!  I took them out for a test drive at my local driving range and the feel was decent and had no problems making pitch and flop shots.  The only thing knocking against them is they're a tinge bit long for me (by 1/2 inch) and their stock grips are crap.  I'll get them changed and modified at my local Golf Town when they have their annual grip sale next month.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

59 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Well I was bored/drinking earlier in the week and sprinkled a few bids on eBay, I actually won one on Christmas morning so I guess that counts right? Probably gonna be a catch and release for me and maybe fund a custom putter or some lessons but everything is closed for a long time.

Sounds like you play the same game I do with the catch and release reference.  Gotta admit that it's fun.  Not sure that it's actually a whole lot cheaper than buying new.  But, aside from going to a high end fitter for "optimization" rather than the typical your square peg fits in this round hole approach of most store or demo day fittings, we at least get to learn a bit about ourselves and our game.  There's definitely value in that.

WS D7 10.5°

TM Jetspeed 25°

TM Speedblades 6-AW

TM ATV 56°

Ping Zing Mn Brz 36"

1 hour ago, scomac2002 said:

@BallerNate; at 6'7" you must have some seriously long arms!  I've got a buddy on here who is 6'2" and plays the same specs as you!

Of course, my buddy and I are crusty old buggers and I think that means we're going to play a bit longer/more upright than a younger person might to make up for our lack of flexibility, but that's just a guess on my part.  

Yeah, former Basketball player with a wingspan around 6’11...buying clothes with long enough sleeves is definitely a problem, Lol! My irons are also tipped upright by 1” as well, but I’ve just had to shorten my Hybrid back to stock length...I’ve found with certain clubs if you extend them too much it completely messes up the swing dynamics, weight etc, so I don’t know what the 6’10+ golfers out there have to do...

• Like 1

🇨🇦

15 hours ago, cgasucks said:

I'm from Surrey, BC myself.  Their annual Grip Sale is coming next month (40% off).  Just to let you know.

I'm waiting to regrip my entire bag.... (sans my TSi2)..then I'll be retiring my irons to the backup bag. 😅

I wonder if we will be actually be able to walk into the dam store.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist....

17 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

I'm waiting to regrip my entire bag.... (sans my TSi2)..then I'll be retiring my irons to the backup bag. 😅

I wonder if we will be actually be able to walk into the dam store.. lol

Yeah, we’re locked down here in Southern Ontario until January 23rd...hopefully people can suck it up and cancel the house parties so that we can get these COVID numbers under control...so ridiculous!! 🤬🤬

• Like 1

🇨🇦

39 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, we’re locked down here in Southern Ontario until January 23rd...hopefully people can suck it up and cancel the house parties so that we can get these COVID numbers under control...so ridiculous!! 🤬🤬

Yeah it sucks.. But on the bright side... only 3 more months and we get to play with our toques and mitts. . 😅

• Haha 1

Titleist....

Wanted to update driver in Florida bag,

Mavrik sz on sale for $ 399.  Traded an older driver , wedge, and fairway wood , 

out the door for $220 including tax. I can live with this deal. Needed the callaway driver to use with four cally tipped shafts that I have from previous cally drivers

Edited by puttingmatt
  • Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
2 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

Sounds like you play the same game I do with the catch and release reference.  Gotta admit that it's fun.  Not sure that it's actually a whole lot cheaper than buying new.  But, aside from going to a high end fitter for "optimization" rather than the typical your square peg fits in this round hole approach of most store or demo day fittings, we at least get to learn a bit about ourselves and our game.  There's definitely value in that.

Actually it's just putters I buy, my bag is fully fit but I'm in the process of building a backup bag I'm gonna store at my office and that I'm gonna piece together and have some fun with. I just need iron heads, deciding on which ones to try, driver and/or 3W.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

12 minutes ago, Dave22 said:

Best wife ever!

Sim 9.0 with VeloCore Blue X

Sim Ti 15 with stock Diamana X

Great problem to have since I hit the TS3s pretty good. 

😮😮 Holy smokes...I hope you got her something INCREDIBLE...Wow!! 🙌🙌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇨🇦

Yup. She did ok. And as soon as restrictions lift in the LMD, I owe her a nice trip. Has to be a place to golf though! 😉

Edited by Dave22

9.5 TS3 Rogue 130 TX

15 TS3 Rogue 125 TX

19 818 H2 Tensei Pro white X

4-GW T100S PX LZ 6.0

54 SM7 KBS 610

60 SM7 KBS 610

SC Notchback DB

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

😮😮 Holy smokes...I hope you got her something INCREDIBLE...Wow!! 🙌🙌

Yup. She did ok. And as soon as restrictions lift in the LMD, I owe her a nice trip. Has to be a place to golf though! 😉

• Haha 1

9.5 TS3 Rogue 130 TX

15 TS3 Rogue 125 TX

19 818 H2 Tensei Pro white X

4-GW T100S PX LZ 6.0

54 SM7 KBS 610

60 SM7 KBS 610

SC Notchback DB

7 hours ago, Dave22 said:

Win-Win...sweet, enjoy!! 🎉🎉

🇨🇦

For Christmas I received two new Vokey SM8 wedges, a 54* 10S and a 58* 12D to replace my old Spin-milled 56* AND 60* wedges.  I had to opportunity to play 18 today and all I can say is I was overdue for new wedges; these were a game changer today.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5*
Sonartec GS Tour 15*
Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 5-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50* F8, 54* S10, 58* D12
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5