• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. I have both and big difference in weight. I would recommend going with Jumbo if your head weight is going to be on the heavy side.    For example i tried using standard with QB5 but did

I have both and prefer the jumbo. Fits my hands perfect so there is no slop in the grip or stroke. It’s 132g and the standard one is 78.5g on my scale. Will change the swing weight significantly but t

I’ve been experimenting in my basement with different grips and weights so if you need any more info let me know. If there was a grip in between that might be perfect but the jumbo is a nice grip for

Posted Images

I have both and prefer the jumbo. Fits my hands perfect so there is no slop in the grip or stroke. It’s 132g and the standard one is 78.5g on my scale. Will change the swing weight significantly but the jumbo grip surprisingly gives good feedback for its size and weight. Also both mine are cord version. Not sure if there is a size in between? Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

2016 TM M2 8.5* GD BB 6 S 
TM M3 15* Fuji Speeder VC 7.1 S

Titleist 816h 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 S
Mizuno MP4 DG 120 S 4-pw
Vokey TVD M 52* TIDGS-400
Vokey TVD M 58* TIDGS-400
Bettinardi BB1 2018 34.5"

12 hours ago, Gator5 said:

I have both and prefer the jumbo. Fits my hands perfect so there is no slop in the grip or stroke. It’s 132g and the standard one is 78.5g on my scale. Will change the swing weight significantly but the jumbo grip surprisingly gives good feedback for its size and weight. Also both mine are cord version. Not sure if there is a size in between? Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. 

I’ve been experimenting in my basement with different grips and weights so if you need any more info let me know. If there was a grip in between that might be perfect but the jumbo is a nice grip for putter head weight at 350g or more at shorter lengths or play at 35” length. Swingweight at 35” was D-4. I cut half inch off and now D-0 but still very good because it makes me rock my shoulders and use let hands and arms. 

• Like 1

2016 TM M2 8.5* GD BB 6 S 
TM M3 15* Fuji Speeder VC 7.1 S

Titleist 816h 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 S
Mizuno MP4 DG 120 S 4-pw
Vokey TVD M 52* TIDGS-400
Vokey TVD M 58* TIDGS-400
Bettinardi BB1 2018 34.5"

On 1/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Hershey27 said:

Is there a big difference in the the standard vs Jumbo grips?  Pros & Cons on the Jumbo? I have the standard grip im my 2020 BB8, and planning to order a new studio stock and thought about ordering a Jumbo grip. Unfortunately no Jumbo grip Bettinardis to demo around me. 

Yes. I have both and big difference in weight. I would recommend going with Jumbo if your head weight is going to be on the heavy side. 

For example i tried using standard with QB5 but didn't work out as it felt like a sledgehammer. Switched to jumbo and it counter balanced the heavy head weight and made it playable. Also no loss of feel with jumbo grips.

For BB series I would defintely go with standard.

Studio stock can go both ways as the head weight is in between BB and QB series.

9 hours ago, Joe Jordan said:

Curious if anyone has tried the new Bettinardi grips they offer from Lamkin Sink Fit? I have the standard Deep etched on my QB6. Just got a QB 9 off EBay and they have a SuperStroke on there, not my favorite grip. So before I switched it out was wanting some feedback. Thanks. Happy New Year.

Lamkin sink fit grips are more tacky and I actually prefer these to the old deep etched. Encourages you to hold the putter gently as the grip GRIPS onto you if you know what I mean.

20201217_161925.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, Joe Jordan said:

Curious if anyone has tried the new Bettinardi grips they offer from Lamkin Sink Fit? I have the standard Deep etched on my QB6. Just got a QB 9 off EBay and they have a SuperStroke on there, not my favorite grip. So before I switched it out was wanting some feedback. Thanks. Happy New Year.

I have the Standard Sink Fit that came with my Inovai 6.0 and really like the texture better than the deep etched. It's softer on the hands and has great tack so you can use less pressure. I also purchased the matching Jumbo Sink Fit and like the size, but prefer the sharper back profile of the SS Flatso design. This one is very round all the way around the back. I'll probably end up giving it another try though.

I recently switched from regular to jumbo on my QB5. It has been hugely beneficial to me, as it helps provide some counter balancing and quiet my hands down. @hypergolf explained it well - the QB heads are heavy, so I think it was super beneficial in my case. The Jumbo grip is super heavy, so that is something to seriously consider when buying, as it will change how the putter feels.

D - Callaway Rogue Draw, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 6s

3w - Callaway Rogue, Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0 75

2h - Ping g425, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 7s

3h - Ping g400 Crossover - Alta CB S

4-GW - Taylormade P790 - Nippon NS Pro 950

56* - Cleveland RTX-3 cb

60* - Cleveland RTX-3 cb

Putter - Bettinardi Queen Bee 5

(15 clubs currently in rotation)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.