2021 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A biography of Yani Tseng by Beth Ann Nichols   What happened to Yani Tseng? It's complicated, but she's back.   "This time around, Tseng wants to take things slow. She’s lowering

I think there's marker in most of those listed as a success that will tell you all you need to know as a young player.  Except for the Korda's and Lexi all others were the #1 Amateur in the world befo

She'll give Bianca Pagdanganan a run for her money!    

Posted (edited)

Holy moly. Didn't realize that after a 2 week break after the ANA we have 21 straight weeks of tournaments! My goodness. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 3

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

1 hour ago, ChronicSlicer said:

I haven't actually checked yet, but did I hear they are playing a different course in Hawaii this year?

Yes, they’re playing Kapolei instead of Ko Olina.  I’m pretty sure the LPGA played a tournament for several years at Kapolei a number of years ago.  It’s located very near Ko Olina but not on the ocean.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, BadgerLin said:

I think there’s only a one week break before they go to Hawaii, then  yes, very long busy stretch!

Yeah, first round is on the 14th and if you count the 12th as the opening day of the event they'd only be off a week.  Although truth be told if I was playing I think I'd be in Hawaii right now lol

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, capking said:

Nice I’ve started to watch a lot more LPGA, fingers crossed for no delayed coverage.

The event in Hawaii is usually aired late due to the time zone difference. The events in Asia are usually pretty late as well.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

10 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

The event in Hawaii is usually aired late due to the time zone difference. The events in Asia are usually pretty late as well.

Can sometimes get the real time feed (but on their local stations) -- which literally means night and day difference, as in PM vs AM and vice versa - esp if you have subscription to Thailand, Japanese Streaming TV etc...  An aside, CP Open still pushing through?  I figured as much last this was discussed though I haven't read anything yet from the LPGA officially (Eg CP was discussed briefly here when PGA Canadian Open was shut for 2021) ...

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Lobby said:

The ANA of this past weekend was such an outstanding tournament, with so many wonderful stories to be told.

Yet being held the week before the Masters gets it drowned out by Masters week coverage.   This saddens me.

It's been that way for quite a while. At least the ANA seemed to hold its own vs. the ANWA this past week. The finish at Augusta National was compelling, but the ANA was so much better.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It's been that way for quite a while. At least the ANA seemed to hold its own vs. the ANWA this past week. The finish at Augusta National was compelling, but the ANA was so much better.

Like Whan mentioned, thing about not moving the event has to do with the TV coverage they are able to get on this particular week, we could move the date and watch the ANA on Tape Delay I guess lol 🙂

2 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Like Whan mentioned, thing about not moving the event has to do with the TV coverage they are able to get on this particular week, we could move the date and watch the ANA on Tape Delay I guess lol 🙂

I think they'd do well against the WGC Match Play event. This year's WGC was a total bust. Oy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I think they'd do well against the WGC Match Play event. This year's WGC was a total bust. Oy.

It could be done, you'd lose the 12-4 window and probably only have a 6-10 night window.  No way GC gives up showing the individual matches till the weekend, once it hits the Network the LPGA usually gets the run GC.  The fact they waited till 4pm to start coverage this week shocks me a little but probably more on the PGA side, they seem to  play big brother pretty well.

• Like 2
On 4/6/2021 at 9:08 AM, Supermilo said:

Can sometimes get the real time feed (but on their local stations) -- which literally means night and day difference, as in PM vs AM and vice versa - esp if you have subscription to Thailand, Japanese Streaming TV etc...  An aside, CP Open still pushing through?  I figured as much last this was discussed though I haven't read anything yet from the LPGA officially (Eg CP was discussed briefly here when PGA Canadian Open was shut for 2021) ...

I didn't have anything really insightful to say at the time of this post, but here's some troubling insight on a couple of level.

Recent Developments Could Add To COVID-19 Obstacles Faced By CP Women’s Open, Shaw Charity Classic – Golf News Now

I'm thinking CP and Golf Canada should cancel things right now and it has nothing to do with Pandemic fears.  Not sure you can do a formal poll but with 4 weeks in Europe and the CP the week following the British Open and the Solheim Cup the week after the CP, I highly doubt you will be getting a quality field this event deserves.  I'm sure Covid fears and border issues will be the excuse used but IMO it will just be cover for the schedule.  With the commitment to bigger purses by CP, I rather have the event cancelled rather than have it's history and legacy tarnished with a "B" level field because of scheduling, but that's just me lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stooch said:

I didn't have anything really insightful to say at the time of this post, but here's some troubling insight on a couple of level.

Recent Developments Could Add To COVID-19 Obstacles Faced By CP Women’s Open, Shaw Charity Classic – Golf News Now

I'm thinking CP and Golf Canada should cancel things right now and it has nothing to do with Pandemic fears.  Not sure you can do a formal poll but with 4 weeks in Europe and the CP the week following the British Open and the Solheim Cup the week after the CP, I highly doubt you will be getting a quality field this event deserves.  I'm sure Covid fears and border issues will be the excuse used but IMO it will just be cover for the schedule.  With the commitment to bigger purses by CP, I rather have the event cancelled rather than have it's history and legacy tarnished with a "B" level field because of scheduling, but that's just me lol

There's that angle plus I really dunno what's going on out west save for this P1 or whatever variant spreading more vs out east (eg where we are). Dunno how true but vaccines apparently less effective on that variant too... I doubt now CP pushes through now that Blue Bay is cancelled too...

• Like 1

At Instagram, Nelly Korda, Jessica Korda, Danielle Kang and Lydia Ko reached 100,000 followers about the same time.  Recently, Nelly was the first one to cross 200,000 and reached 203,000.  Jessica is at 190,000, Danielle 173,000 and Lydia 163,000.   With her recent heroics, Lydia has tailwind behind her back and will start to chase Nelly.

Among women golfers, Nelly is still behind Wie West 584,000, Hinako Shibuno 503,000, Lexi 486,000, Muni He 354,000 and Erika Hara 271,000.

Edited by 18majors

Thailand is doing it the right with Thailand Mixed hosted by Trust Golf with both men and women:

The Top-2 finishers are both women.  Teen sensation Atthaya Thitikul was one shot short.

"The 18-year-old from Saraburi committed three bogeys but also shot eight birdies including four in succession from holes 13-16 for a final round 67, to triumph in the mixed-gender event with 23-under-par 265 at the par-72 course with the full 7,285-yard for the men cut to 6,277 yards for the women.

Both Arpichaya and Atthaya, also 18, started the day a shot behind third-round leader Settee Prakongvech before the latter bogeyed on the eighth hole, allowing the two girls to battle for the top spot. The 2018 local LPGA Order of Merit winner then birdied on the 16th hole which propelled her to the lead from then on, with the current Thailand LPGA No. 1 Atthaya trailing by a stroke and Settee closing the top three as the best male scorer."

spacer.png

• Like 3