Colorado WRX 2021

pseudoswede

Signup for the Collindale Invitational now up at Collindale Golf Course, Fort Collins.  This is limited to the first 150 (or 156) golfers to sign up.  There are five flights: Championship, First flight, Second flight, Senior Gross and Senior Net.  Any golfer 50+ at the start of the tournament may play as a Senior.  The tournament is a 2 day event on June 5th and 6th.  Entry fee is $140.  For additional details contact Collindale Golf Course - (970) 221-6651.

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

5 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Signup for the Collindale Invitational now up at Collindale Golf Course, Fort Collins.  This is limited to the first 150 (or 156) golfers to sign up.  There are five flights: Championship, First flight, Second flight, Senior Gross and Senior Net.  Any golfer 50+ at the start of the tournament may play as a Senior.  The tournament is a 2 day event on June 5th and 6th.  Entry fee is $140.  For additional details contact Collindale Golf Course - (970) 221-6651.

I think Highland Hills in Greeley is either the week before or week after. Hopefully I can play in one of them this year. 

Looking to put a fresh set of grips on my clubs and get the ferrules reset/replaced on my irons (they’ve wiggled up over the years).

Anyone on here do this on the side (or have someone they work with regularly) or should I just head to GG/Pga Superstore/a local small business? 

Titleist 910D2 - 9.5* driver
Titleist 909 F3 - 3 wood (Adam Scott threw it out and now it's in my bag)
Titleist 910H - 21* hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 14's - 4-W
Vokey SM6 - 52* | 56* | 60* wedges
Ping Anser "Karsten Co" putter

2 hours ago, ontheroad292 said:

Looking to put a fresh set of grips on my clubs and get the ferrules reset/replaced on my irons (they’ve wiggled up over the years).

Anyone on here do this on the side (or have someone they work with regularly) or should I just head to GG/Pga Superstore/a local small business? 

@Noodler helped me out with this many months ago. not sure if he still does this or has time, but could be worth a shout. 

otherwise, the folks at d'lance would be my next suggestion. i've been satisfied with their work so far.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, hoselpalooza said:

@Noodler helped me out with this many months ago. not sure if he still does this or has time, but could be worth a shout. 

otherwise, the folks at d'lance would be my next suggestion. i've been satisfied with their work so far.

I would also look into dropping off at Lenny's. I get most of my stuff from them as well as any club work. 

On 4/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, CDM said:

Since everyone it talking about reactions to the vaccine, has anyone here had covid prior and then gotten the shot?

Asking as I had covid in early Feb and was 2 weeks + of fun... joking of course.  My symptoms were something new/different each day, similar to what you all note but obvious a lot stronger.  Was like it was trying to find the bodies weakness and if it did not work the next day it seemed like the virus tried something new.  Hard to explain, once you have it you know it as it is not like anything I have felt before.   I thought I may of had it back in March of 2020 but was not even close to what I had in FEB of this year.

Reason for asking I was told by the CDPHE/TRI County Health to wait to get the vaccine, but not sure how long I should wait.  Given I have the antibodies apparently for 4-7 months the "rumor" is if you had covid prior and get the vaccine the effects from the vaccine can put you down for a while.  Just wondering if anyone has gone through it.

I planned on doing the vaccine at the end of this month / first of May.

How has your residual affects been? I had Covid in November during the huge wave. My symptoms were minor but afterwards I had inflammation of the heart. I didn't get checked out or anything but I could tell because my heart rate would be really high while sitting on the couch. Fortunately, it's something that improves on its own. I didn't feel comfortable doing anything physically until 7-8 weeks after having the virus. Which resulted in unsightly weight gain lol. The other issues I've had, my smell hasn't completely come back and my feet still hurt from time to time. Anyway, hopefully you don't have any lingering affects. 

4 minutes ago, irvtrain said:

How has your residual affects been? I had Covid in November during the huge wave. My symptoms were minor but afterwards I had inflammation of the heart. I didn't get checked out or anything but I could tell because my heart rate would be really high while sitting on the couch. Fortunately, it's something that improves on its own. I didn't feel comfortable doing anything physically until 7-8 weeks after having the virus. Which resulted in unsightly weight gain lol. The other issues I've had, my smell hasn't completely come back and my feet still hurt from time to time. Anyway, hopefully you don't have any lingering affects. 

Also, I'll probably get vaccinated soon because they're requiring it for my kids indoor sports now. Only exemptions for allowing you in, if you've had covid in last 90 days after a negative test, or a recent negative test. Also, I heard my smell might come back from the vaccine, at least that is what others are reporting. May go with Johnson and Johnson for the one shot lol. The blood clot thing is odd, in that they paused administrating it. Odds are 1M to 1 and they're all women which is relevant considering blood clots are 1K to 1 when taking birth control...

2 minutes ago, irvtrain said:

Also, I'll probably get vaccinated soon because they're requiring it for my kids indoor sports now. Only exemptions for allowing you in, if you've had covid in last 90 days after a negative test, or a recent negative test. Also, I heard my smell might come back from the vaccine, at least that is what others are reporting. May go with Johnson and Johnson for the one shot lol. The blood clot thing is odd, in that they paused administrating it. Odds are 1M to 1 and they're all women which is relevant considering blood clots are 1K to 1 when taking birth control...

Exactly. I was reading that you are multiple times more likely to get struck by lightning than getting a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. I got the J&J jab about six weeks ago. I felt like crap two evenings/nights in a row, then I was fine.

I honestly would get whatever you can get the soonest. All three (currently two) available pretty much have the same efficacy; regardless, some protection is better than no protection--even if you got it before.

I believe you live on the north side of town. Thornton Fire Department's vaccine roll out has been fantastic. They typically release information about their next vaccine event on Monday afternoons. https://www.thorntonco.gov/public-safety/fire-department/Pages/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Otherwise, looks like plenty of availability this week all over town.

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CO/

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

24 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

Exactly. I was reading that you are multiple times more likely to get struck by lightning than getting a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. I got the J&J jab about six weeks ago. I felt like crap two evenings/nights in a row, then I was fine.

I honestly would get whatever you can get the soonest. All three (currently two) available pretty much have the same efficacy; regardless, some protection is better than no protection--even if you got it before.

I believe you live on the north side of town. Thornton Fire Department's vaccine roll out has been fantastic. They typically release information about their next vaccine event on Monday afternoons. https://www.thorntonco.gov/public-safety/fire-department/Pages/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Otherwise, looks like plenty of availability this week all over town.

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CO/

I live in Golden, used to live in Arvada. Thanks for the links!

6 hours ago, irvtrain said:

6 hours ago, irvtrain said:

Residual for me was not bad, minor things but most were gone in a week or two. I got pretty lucky.  I did have pain in my feet too which I had never heard of, at first I did not think it was Covid related then it can be.  I did not have any heart issues, or more so the breath issues.  Good to hear your doing better.  *I have breathing issues but that is do to me being couch potato 😃 

I did get the cough...sadly.  Just the random out of nowhere cough.  Nasal type cough.  Which we all know if you start coughing around others panic sets in LOL.   7 weeks down the road the cough is gone for the most part. 

I only lost taste / smell for a week or so. Have to admit not having taste and smell is crazy.  You know what something is supposed to smell or taste like and have something opposite sitting there and nothing at all from either. Just bizarre....!

Wife and Daughter got their shots. Wife being a teacher needed it.  Daughter because Children's Hospital scheduled it as she was in for an operation earlier this year.

I plan on doing it but not sure which one. Thinking the end of the month or first of May so the second one would be before or around first of June.  As @pseudoswede noted... "some protection is better than no protection" ....  Sorry, I LOL at this at it made me think of one my high school football coaches.

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

Had the fever to play, not COVID related, lol.

On Sunday, I drove an hour and 45 minutes from Highlands Ranch to Desert Hawk in Pueblo West.

Once we got south of Colorado Springs, the winds picked up.  Still pretty windy when we got to the course and on the driving range.

Not quite the 4-6mph winds the weather.com website forecasted...

But, just as we tee'd off, the winds died down and it turned out to be a fantastic day.

Desert Hawk is in pretty good shape, the greens were in really great shape considering the time of the year.

Play was a bit slow, 4 hrs, 40 min to play - but, for a Sunday on a Muni course, not too bad.

It was definitely worth the drive!!

-- P.J.

As a side note, the tee sheet was full, but there was a 3-some in front of us and behind us.

Why courses don't enforce the book for 4, pay for 4 - is beyond me.  Stuff happens, I get that sometimes people can't make it, but doubt that's the case most of the time.

Empty slots is bad business and it's hard enough to find tee times these days, without people over-booking.

Edited by golf4pj
syntax
  • Like 3

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

1 hour ago, golf4pj said:

Had the fever to play, not COVID related, lol.

On Sunday, I drove an hour and 45 minutes from Highlands Ranch to Desert Hawk in Pueblo West.

Once we got south of Colorado Springs, the winds picked up.  Still pretty windy when we got to the course and on the driving range.

Not quite the 4-6mph winds the weather.com website forecasted...

But, just as we tee'd off, the winds died down and it turned out to be a fantastic day.

Desert Hawk is in pretty good shape, the greens were in really great shape considering the time of the year.

Play was a bit slow, 4 hrs, 40 min to play - but, for a Sunday on a Muni course, not too bad.

It was definitely worth the drive!!

-- P.J.

As a side note, the tee sheet was full, but there was a 3-some in front of us and behind us.

Why courses don't enforce the book for 4, pay for 4 - is beyond me.  Stuff happens, I get that sometimes people can't make it, but doubt that's the case most of the time.

Empty slots is bad business and it's hard enough to find tee times these days, without people over-booking.

Nice!!  Always a good option to go south when weather here is bad.

Speaking of Pueblo, has anyone played Walking Stick Golf course lately?  I used to go down and play it now and then but has been years.

This weekend is shaping up to be a great golfing weekend. My wife and I have an early tee time at The Links on Saturday. I'm also playing South Suburban on Thursday night, and that will be a bit chilly.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

This weekend is shaping up to be a great golfing weekend. My wife and I have an early tee time at The Links on Saturday. I'm also playing South Suburban on Thursday night, and that will be a bit chilly.

I hope so!  Playing the first stroke play tourney Saturday at CG.

I also need this weather to turn so I can get more rounds in with my hickory clubs.  I'll be playing Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run, plus Erin Hills, in less than a month!  Need to get some practice with them otherwise it's going to be a very long weekend for me.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Nice. Sanctuary donated a foursome to the rounds for research auction this year. Will probably go for something really high though since all the charity events seem to be over $1k a person this year. If 3 others are interested, I'm willing to go up to $300 each to play it again.

I'd be interested, but with the success rate of you and I trying to meet up for a round ... we'd be looking at 2024. 😄

Link to auction... https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/browse.action?auctionId=341697418&categoryId=341911066

Almost all auctions are for non-holiday M-Th play, which means I won't bid. Keystone is valid any day of the week, but the 48-hour advanced tee time basically means M-Th only.

1 hour ago, Dancin said:

Nice. Sanctuary donated a foursome to the rounds for research auction this year. Will probably go for something really high though since all the charity events seem to be over $1k a person this year. If 3 others are interested, I'm willing to go up to $300 each to play it again.

I'm down and will even go as high as $400. I've never had the luxury of playing down there. Years ago, some of my coworkers on an old job got to go, but I was low-man on the totem pole at the time despite being the only avid golfer there 😞

• Sad 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Nice. We don't have a chance with a $700 bid, so we need at least one more to even be in the running. It's pretty cool if you never played it before, but it's definitely not worth that much unless you've got some money to burn you don't care about. It's wild seeing the fairly large and stocked locker room even though there are no members. Probably the easiest and most boring job in golf working there as most days nobody is coming.

12 hours ago, Dancin said:

Count me in.  So we need 1 or 2 more?

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dancin said:

We likely still need a 4th to even have a chance. I will be amazed if it goes for under $1200 when the charity events all fill up with people (well their companies usually) paying $750-$2500 a person.

Yeah I'm torn.  I can't imagine it's worth $400 to play, but it's probably the cheapest you can play it for absent some lucky invite.  So I'd be in for $400, but I agree, I don't see $1,200 being enough.  But if it is, count me in.  

1 hour ago, ASak10 said:

Yeah I'm torn.  I can't imagine it's worth $400 to play, but it's probably the cheapest you can play it for absent some lucky invite.  So I'd be in for $400, but I agree, I don't see $1,200 being enough.  But if it is, count me in.  

Ok we got 4! Yep I think it's a long shot since this is a pretty popular auction but I'll try for it.

• Like 1

The one possibility for getting Sanctuary around that price again in the future if we don't win this is the annual Colorado Golf Hall of Fame tournament which is a best ball (two best scores of the foursome so you each play your own ball) held at a different top private course in Denver each year. That's how I played it a couple years ago. It was at Denver CC last year and this year they're at Colorado Golf Club for $375. Eventually they'll go back to Sanctuary, but it could be 5+ years.

https://www.coloradogolfhalloffame.org/events/

• Like 2

Man... I should've been on the board today.   Re: the charity foursome at Sanctuary... seems like you've got 4 interested already, but count me in as an alternate in case someone has to bail.  I'd be good for up to $400, if you can get it for $1200-1600.

Also... I need to check with the boss and see what 6/1 looks like, but I might be interested in doing the HOF event Dancin posted.  I've always wanted to play CGC.  Without knowing any members, an event like this is likely my best bet.   

Edited by Gmcourtney
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ASak10 said:

Also Monte announced a clinic in Denver, July 24-26.  I'm really tempted to sign up for this....anyone else planning to do it?  

I've done his clinic's a couple of times in the past couple of years when he's been in Denver.   Having done it more than once, I probably wont sign up again this year.  But I highly recommend it, if you haven't gone before.   He tells good stories and it's a lot of fun. 

• Like 1