Colorado WRX 2021

pseudoswede

15 hours ago, CDM said:

Congrats!!  The TSi4 I hear is a spin killer.  The TSG shaft you picked, as I understand in talking with them and reading a ton of forums is actually a standard GD shaft but rebadged for them, but cheaper in cost(?). No difference in specs what so ever.  They will tell you what shaft it is if you ask incase you have one already or want to order it separate. 

Love the feel of the GD shafts.  I have a Tour AD DI 6x that I switch around in my TS3.  Been playing the Tensi Blue more lately though.  

Edit: Tuesday morning will compare the new TSi line to my TS3..... hoping there is NOT a big difference. IT would tempt me to order .............LOL

Not sure if there is a big difference in heads from last year but this is the first year I really wanted to hit Titleist because of the spin reduction and buzz on tour, especially from non sponsored players. I believe the shaft is probably the orange GD DI but whatever it is, it’s awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irvtrain said:

I would agree to an extent. The big thing was hitting my driver first. We saw exactly what I was seeing on trackman indoors. So I felt comfortable with the numbers I was seeing with other drivers etc. along with the ball flight. The only place to hit premium balls that I know of, is with the Titleist rep. They’re not doing fittings until late April. I didn’t want to wait because I want a driver in hand to start the tournament season. I’ll probably do a fitting with Titleist to find a fairway wood or driving iron and verify then. 

that makes sense. i might've missed this, but was this an outdoor fitting? and is the titleist fitting in late april going to be outdoors? thanks!

4 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

that makes sense. i might've missed this, but was this an outdoor fitting? and is the titleist fitting in late april going to be outdoors? thanks!

It was outside. I was in Phoenix for the fitting. They had more heads to hit than other places in Denver that do outside fittings.  

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, CDM said:

Congrats!!  The TSi4 I hear is a spin killer.  The TSG shaft you picked, as I understand in talking with them and reading a ton of forums is actually a standard GD shaft but rebadged for them, but cheaper in cost(?). No difference in specs what so ever.  They will tell you what shaft it is if you ask incase you have one already or want to order it separate. 

Love the feel of the GD shafts.  I have a Tour AD DI 6x that I switch around in my TS3.  Been playing the Tensi Blue more lately though.  

Edit: Tuesday morning will compare the new TSi line to my TS3..... hoping there is NOT a big difference. IT would tempt me to order .............LOL

Don't hit it!  You'll walk away with one 😅  Actually who knows compared to the TS3, but I've been loving my TSi3.  Also have the Tour AD shafts in my driver and 3w and absolutely love them (I have the Tour AD XC-6 in my driver).  

• Like 1

This snow is a damper, but I'm looking forward to hitting the course for the first time on Thursday.

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

On 3/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, pseudoswede said:

Just remembered this...

Gents, if anyone hears of a scramble tournament coming up, please post it in this thread.

Dangle and Celly Golf Tournament Fundraiser at Lone Tree Golf Course on July 23, 2021

Benefits Arapahoe Youth Hockey

No other details at the moment.

I signed up for a 2-person scramble up north at Highland Meadows. It was supposed to be on March 21st, but the big snow dump made them reschedule. It's now April 18th. I know it sold out/booked up very quickly, but with the reschedule there might have been some cancellations and spots open up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jacobEDGE said:

I signed up for a 2-person scramble up north at Highland Meadows. It was supposed to be on March 21st, but the big snow dump made them reschedule. It's now April 18th. I know it sold out/booked up very quickly, but with the reschedule there might have been some cancellations and spots open up. 

The 17th Annual AnySoldier/Angels of America's Fallen is run my golf group.  It's always the last Friday of August, at Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club on Fort Carson.

This event is a deal!!  It's $75 per person, includes golf, cart, mulligans, hole-in-one for car, breakfast by Chick-Fil-A and lunch by Dickie's BBQ.  PLUS, there are free prize drawings!!

It's a 4-person scramble and as you have already realized - it's a fantastic deal for tournament golf for some wonderful charities.  To date, we've raised over $100,00 for them.

Oh yeah - it also comes with a free round of golf to return to Cheyenne Shadows.

Last year, first place team won a 4-some to the Broadmoor Country Club, which has hosted Women's US Open and Senior US Open.

This tournament sells out every year - you find out about it now, because I'm the guy who makes the flyer and I just got the final information today!!

See the attached flyer for sign-ups.  It's worth the drive down to Colroado Springs.  If you haven't played Cheyenne Shadows before, it's not a typical Army golf course.  They've spent some $$ on this place and keep it in great shape.  You don't have to be military to play here, it's open to 'civilians'.

Hope to see you there, -- P.J.

2021_AnySoldier_flyer.pdf

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

19 hours ago, jacobEDGE said:

I couldn’t play in the original one so I didn’t get an email about a reschedule. I’ll havr ot give them a call. Glad you posted Jacob. 

12 hours ago, golf4pj said:

The 17th Annual AnySoldier/Angels of America's Fallen is run my golf group.  It's always the last Friday of August, at Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club on Fort Carson.

This event is a deal!!  It's $75 per person, includes golf, cart, mulligans, hole-in-one for car, breakfast by Chick-Fil-A and lunch by Dickie's BBQ.  PLUS, there are free prize drawings!!

It's a 4-person scramble and as you have already realized - it's a fantastic deal for tournament golf for some wonderful charities.  To date, we've raised over $100,00 for them.

Oh yeah - it also comes with a free round of golf to return to Cheyenne Shadows.

Last year, first place team won a 4-some to the Broadmoor Country Club, which has hosted Women's US Open and Senior US Open.

This tournament sells out every year - you find out about it now, because I'm the guy who makes the flyer and I just got the final information today!!

See the attached flyer for sign-ups.  It's worth the drive down to Colroado Springs.  If you haven't played Cheyenne Shadows before, it's not a typical Army golf course.  They've spent some $$ on this place and keep it in great shape.  You don't have to be military to play here, it's open to 'civilians'.

Hope to see you there, -- P.J.

2021_AnySoldier_flyer.pdf 313.61 kB · 3 downloads

That sounds cool. If it weren't so far away, I'd definitely consider it. I tend to get a bit too tipsy for scramble tourneys...I need to find a sober golfer who will tolerate drunken shenanigans and be my DD :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I ended up doing the Trackman Combine the other night. I started off a bit slow with the short distances but then got hot until I skied a driver after striping two gorgeous drives, one of them for a perfect score. I recovered well and started to get hot again until I shanked one from my favorite distance 😠

Those two terrible shots destroyed any chance at finishing above 80. Even still, I scored a 77.7 which put me at number 13 in the country this month for handicaps 6-9.

My score is two spots behind Matt Hasseslback, who scored a 77.9. Not sure if it's the former QB, but I'll just keep telling myself that I'm just as good as an pro athlete :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:45 AM, thaar said:

I ended up doing the Trackman Combine the other night. I started off a bit slow with the short distances but then got hot until I skied a driver after striping two gorgeous drives, one of them for a perfect score. I recovered well and started to get hot again until I shanked one from my favorite distance 😠

Those two terrible shots destroyed any chance at finishing above 80. Even still, I scored a 77.7 which put me at number 13 in the country this month for handicaps 6-9.

My score is two spots behind Matt Hasseslback, who scored a 77.9. Not sure if it's the former QB, but I'll just keep telling myself that I'm just as good as an pro athlete :classic_laugh:

I've done the combine three times: 65.9, 58.6, and 60.4. Haven't done one in over 2 years though. Spoiler alert: my wedge game SUCKS.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 3.13.44 PM.png

22 minutes ago, jacobEDGE said:

Oh snap. I forgot I have an extra tee time at Riverdale Dunes on Saturday at 1:18pm. Website wouldn't let me book as a single. So if anyone wants to join up, let me know! Otherwise I'll just cancel it. $40 to walk and it's going to be beautiful out. 

If I didn't already have a time, I'd love to join. Good luck and please post if the opportunity ever comes up again. Would be great to play with some local WRXers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jacobEDGE said:

I've done the combine three times: 65.9, 58.6, and 60.4. Haven't done one in over 2 years though. Spoiler alert: my wedge game SUCKS.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 3.13.44 PM.png

i did this in feb. score was 75 with 16 out of 60 shots at 90+. 100y-180y was 80+ on average but 60y-90y and driver let me down. will be interesting to do a reassessment once i'm back from injury! 😅

I literally haven't swung a club or hit a ball from Election Day 2020 until the first tee at South Suburban last night, so a 43 isn't awful--mainly because the greens were so inconsistent. Fine...my putting still sucks.

As noted in my 2021 goals, I made a much more concerted effort to make a full rotation on my backswing. The sample size is only about 20 swings, and I'm liking what I feel. My draw is less pronounced, but I have introduced a wicked push on misses--mainly with my driver. My iron distances are also getting back to where I feel they should be (I did crush a 7-iron about 190 yds twice into a stiff breeze).

Picked up a new toy to play around with. Gotta love Callaway Pre-Owned for always sending brand new clubs. Replacing my 2-iron. Trying to leave my ego at the door. Love it off the tee, but couldn't hit it off the fairway/rough to save my life. Wanted something in the 250 range for Par 5 approaches. Hoping this gets the job done a little better.

IMG_5928.JPG.f1cd63d8281e8218da43451c34aa1a86.JPG

• Like 4

On 3/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, irvtrain said:

Not sure if there is a big difference in heads from last year but this is the first year I really wanted to hit Titleist because of the spin reduction and buzz on tour, especially from non sponsored players. I believe the shaft is probably the orange GD DI but whatever it is, it’s awesome. 

Did you get the 6x or 7x ?  I have a GD DI 6X (orange) that has a Titleist adapter so could always test to see if they really do match.

11 hours ago, CDM said:

Did you get the 6x or 7x ?  I have a GD DI 6X (orange) that has a Titleist adapter so could always test to see if they really do match.

I looked around on here about the shaft. Supposedly, it's really close to the BB-7 and 9003x and might be a combo. I'm emailing the fitter to find out for sure, lol. 

Nice pics! I miss that place. Loved The Cradle. My buddy and I drank quite a bit while playing in the late afternoon plus putting on Thistle Dhu course.  My only gripe with No. 4 was I thought a couple of the greens were unfair to hit approach shots into. Namely the two par 5s they turned into 4s for The Am. You can't hold those two greens. Never got to play Dormie as they had just punched when I was there. No. 2 is just brutal but an absolute blast. 

12 hours ago, CDM said:

Dormie Club:  Honestly a personal Top 10 course for me.  I have played it twice before and every time I play it just appreciate it more. Everyone is group rated it the best of the 3 or tied with No.2.    Fair of the tee and approach to greens. Greens played more like greens here with the hybrid bermuda they use.  It just has a natural flow with the terrain and the routing is great.  No homes (minus cottages the ownership is putting for members) so it soooo quiet while playing.  It goes full private May 1st, but if you get the chance to play it, do it.  You will not regret it.

Well there's the national membership you're looking for to give you an excuse to go back to Pinehurst every year and you get 5 other courses too. Dormie network is in just about every golf auction with a starting bid of $10k for the first year + initiation to save you $4-6k off the list price and then it's $6k a year after that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dancin said:

Well there's the national membership you're looking for to give you an excuse to go back to Pinehurst every year and you get 5 other courses too. Dormie network is in just about every golf auction with a starting bid of $10k for the first year + initiation to save you $4-6k off the list price and then it's $6k a year after that.

It was a HEAVY discussion while we played.  =)   

I only had time to go to the range yesterday morning with the wife. It was nice to be out. I'm liking how I'm hitting my irons now, but I still have a lot of work to do with my driver.

I also discovered that golf leagues all over town are at capacity. The couples league at The Links was full by the end of February, and the first event is May 1! Red Hawk Ridge is also full.

• Like 1