New bag for 2021, need a new Stand bag

So I've had my Hoofer now but need a new bag. Disappointed in this one have had for around 18 months and the red is almost pink and something happened with the dividers and grabs onto the clubs and makes it a pain to get clubs out of one of the slots.

Bag doesn't sit outside at all and I take care of my stuff! This is my first Ping bag and might be my last.

Looking for some other options. I ride in a cart almost 100% of the time. Travel with my clubs when I do travel (pre covid it was a lot). Occasionally I'll strap to my push cart or carry for 9.

I do like the quick open magnet pocket on the ping, my old Sun Mountain had the same.

The new Mizzy bag looks nice but not sure about quality.

What's the hot ticket this year?

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
TS3 16.5* EvenFlow White 75
TS3 19* EvenFlow White 90
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE
TP5x / Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a big fan of the Vessel bags. I've got the Lux Cart and the Lite Lux. Simple, minimal branding and great quality. Love the little magnetic pocket for my range finder. 

After 20+ years of mostly gaming a version of Sun Mountain, I've recently switched to a Vessel and have enjoyed it as much as one can a golf bag.

I mentioned the MNML to my wife in early December and sure enough got one for xmas. I won't have a chance to take it out for a few months but it sure fits the bill as far as looks and function for me.

Posted Images

I'm a big fan of the Vessel bags. I've got the Lux Cart and the Lite Lux. Simple, minimal branding and great quality. Love the little magnetic pocket for my range finder. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TS2 8.5°

Titleist TS2 15°, 18°

Taylormade P7MC 3-PW

Miura 56° 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

#TeamJumboMax

10 minutes ago, aenemated said:

I just looked them up, I like the look of the bags for sure! 

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE

3 minutes ago, Sfd732 said:

if I was in a cart all of the time, I feel like a c-130s would be the go to?

I can't stand cart bags. I still carry once in a while and go to the range often.

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE

1 hour ago, VA_Astra said:

I just looked them up, I like the look of the bags for sure! 

They actually make the staff bags a lot of pros use. 

You can do a ton of customization if you want. They did a stellar job embroidering my lil golf tech company's (fairly complex) logo on my cart bag:

IMG_9525.jpg.76f85c963503b4f7bb4d49769c3a3b4a.jpg

• Like 1

Titleist TS2 8.5°

Titleist TS2 15°, 18°

Taylormade P7MC 3-PW

Miura 56° 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

#TeamJumboMax

After 20+ years of mostly gaming a version of Sun Mountain, I've recently switched to a Vessel and have enjoyed it as much as one can a golf bag.

• Like 2

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3 & 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                          Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 5-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA Tournament Blade 8-P      MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 34/350gr. 1.5 Beach Prototype (A010656)

G/Fore Daytona bag is perfect for me & I've tried all kinds of bags over the years.

Nice size (works for carry or cart), great design (includes a magnetic top pocket), & looks good (it's the only bag I've ever owned that gets compliments for its looks).

Bonus:  Can be used with single or double strap.

Expensive ($350) but worth it to me as I can now stop searching for the ideal bag.

PINEPINE::hover

• Like 1
3 hours ago, golfday said:

Sad to hear that about your ping. I’ve only ever owned pings and never had a single issue, currently using a hoofer lite that I really like. I would try contacting their customer service to see if they’ll do something for you. 

I agree with this. It sounds like something was wrong with the Ping you had. I’d definitely try their customer service before you write them off altogether. 

I’ve had nothing but Ping bags as well and recently upgraded to a Hoofer Lite from a Hoofer I had been using since ‘06 without any issues. 

Ping customer service is usually top notch.    I would call or email and include some photos and any receipt information.    I have a Four Lite which was the predecessor to the Hoofer lite so probably 5-6 years old and still in good shape.    It is all black so fading some and some normal wear and tear items but no big issues and I carry pretty much 100%.

Ping G400 10.5* - Ping Tour 65
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff
Ping I25 5-pw - CFS S Cushin +1/4
Ping Glide 3.0 52/58 SS
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Why is it so hard to find the “perfect” bag? I have a Ping L8 bag that I won around 1995. No dividers other than the top, the tangle drives me nuts. Due to shoulder injuries I bought a push cart and cart bag. I don’t like this either. My plan for next season is 9 holes carry, 18 holes push cart, and 18+ ride. The tangle that is inherent with Ping bags makes me not want one but they are the ones I like best in terms of looks. Other style bags like Sun Mountain for example, I don’t trust the external leg activation to be durable, especially on a riding cart. None of the bags I see have a strap system that will come close to the old Ping.  UGH!!! Rant over, sorry!

1 hour ago, MikeW2 said:

Why is it so hard to find the “perfect” bag? I have a Ping L8 bag that I won around 1995. No dividers other than the top, the tangle drives me nuts. Due to shoulder injuries I bought a push cart and cart bag. I don’t like this either. My plan for next season is 9 holes carry, 18 holes push cart, and 18+ ride. The tangle that is inherent with Ping bags makes me not want one but they are the ones I like best in terms of looks. Other style bags like Sun Mountain for example, I don’t trust the external leg activation to be durable, especially on a riding cart. None of the bags I see have a strap system that will come close to the old Ping.  UGH!!! Rant over, sorry!

Understand Mike, every 2-3 years we all go through this. I hate when a bag fails before I want to replace.

Im thinking Mizuno BR-D4 or the Vessel right now. I really like the magnet pouch and Sun Mountain doesnt have it.

• Like 1

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE

Cant go wrong with the hoofer or the Nike sport lite in my opinion.  Both awesome bags 

Edited by Phabs

Taylormade M3 9*  Fuji Velocore 6x 

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, VA_Astra said:

Understand Mike, every 2-3 years we all go through this. I hate when a bag fails before I want to replace.

Im thinking Mizuno BR-D4 or the Vessel right now. I really like the magnet pouch and Sun Mountain doesnt have it.

I can't comment on the BR-D4, but I do have the BR-D3 bag in all black.  I really like the bag.  It's got plenty of pockets and the 4 way divider is roomy enough for my clubs.  I've had it since early summer, and the quality is good.  The only complaint I have is trying to get the straps right when carrying on 1 shoulder, but it's not that big of a deal.  It does move on my push cart, but that's just an issue that happens with smaller stand bags and my clic gear.

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower- shaft Diamana D+ 70s

Fairway:  Cobra F9 5w turned down to 17* Diamana White 80s

Hybrids: 19* Srixon H65 Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 24* X Forged Utility w/ Modus 120s, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, Zipcore 52* Mid bent to 53*, Zipcore 56* Mid Raw bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I finally got this bad boy after preordering it in November. It's the vessel 3 bag with the 14 way top. I'm coming from a sun mountain hybrid bag I've had since 2014. Functionally I can already tell this bag isn't going to be as good. The top is smaller and the clubs stick a little coming in and out. I haven't played a round with it yet so I can't give it a full review. The up side is that it looks awesome and has a real solid feel to it. I like the magnetic pocket for my rangefinder and I like that it has a double strap for carrying. The hybrid bag only had a single strap. I don't carry often but the few times I do I think it will make a big difference. I can do a full review after using it for a round or two, but who knows when that will be here in the northeast.

PXL_20210108_014756592.PORTRAIT.jpg

Dang. 
I was looking to get the same exact bag, but club snagging in a big NO! 

What Sun Mountain bag did you have, and what grip size plus putter grip do you have that causes snagging? 

I play MMC +4 and I have a X-large Winn putter grip (lSuper stroke style) 

I was looking at Sun Mountain 4.5 LS, C-130s, or an OGIO Convoy SE until I saw the Vessel, but club snagging is a game changer for me. I’m pretty much a range to cart guy since I have back issues. From time to time, I may rent a pull cart if the club has decent ones for rental. Other than that, I can’t carry,  which sucks, because I have enjoyed it over riding. Even using a push cart is a bit much for me now.  I’d be fine to walk if a course was flat, or slightly up hill with no side hill lies, if I could find one like that, I’d be golden 😄

9 hours ago, Drivingrangehero said:

Dang. 
I was looking to get the same exact bag, but club snagging in a big NO! 

What Sun Mountain bag did you have, and what grip size plus putter grip do you have that causes snagging? 

I play MMC +4 and I have a X-large Winn putter grip (lSuper stroke style) 

I was looking at Sun Mountain 4.5 LS, C-130s, or an OGIO Convoy SE until I saw the Vessel, but club snagging is a game changer for me. I’m pretty much a range to cart guy since I have back issues. From time to time, I may rent a pull cart if the club has decent ones for rental. Other than that, I can’t carry,  which sucks, because I have enjoyed it over riding. Even using a push cart is a bit much for me now.  I’d be fine to walk if a course was flat, or slightly up hill with no side hill lies, if I could find one like that, I’d be golden 😄

I had the sun mountain hybrid bag which is probably the equivalent of the C130S bag. The putter spot on the Vessel is pretty big and so is the other spot right under it where I'm putting my driver. I use regular size grips and my putter grip is a 104cc golf pride tour snsr, so not too oversized. The clubs I notice sticking a little are on the sides. Might be hard to see in this side by side but the top and slots are much smaller than the sun mountain. I'll get a better idea how it works out after using it for a few rounds. 

PXL_20210110_205640780.jpg

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, VA_Astra said:

Im really digging the Vessel bags, but some great choices I havent thought of in here, thanks guys!

I have a Miura Vessel and I love it. Magnetic pocket for a rangefinder, well insulated cooler pocket. Its a little heavy. I've been thinking about a new bag for about 1-2 years. Theres a company I've been following during the same period of time called MNML golf. Their s*** is so sharp and it has an awesome tech package. I commented on a thread regarding it about 6 months on the forums. Let me dig it up for you. 

Edited by shoot4par
  • Like 1

Callaway - Epic Subzero 9* Oban Kiyoshi White 68g 04

TEE - CB Pro Limited 16.5*  Oban Kiyoshi White 74g 04

TEE - CB Pro U 19* Paderson KINETIXX TS Hybrid 80

Miura - Baby Blades 4 - PW KBS Tour Black 120s

Vokey - SM7 52* 56* 60* KBS Tour Black 120s

Ping - PLD Prime Tyne 35"

Grips- Iomic Sticky 2.3 .60

3 hours ago, shoot4par said:

I have a Miura Vessel and I love it. Magnetic pocket for a rangefinder, well insulated cooler pocket. Its a little heavy. I've been thinking about a new bag for about 1-2 years. Theres a company I've been following during the same period of time called MNML golf. Their s*** is so sharp and it has an awesome tech package. I commented on a thread regarding it about 6 months on the forums. Let me dig it up for you. 

Super cool looking, love all the newcomers into this space!

SIM 9* Tensei Pro White
Mp20 MMC 4-PW $-Taper

CBX2 50* $-Taper
ES21 54/58 Nippon 115
Mannkrafted WAVE

On 1/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, VA_Astra said:

So I've had my Hoofer now but need a new bag. Disappointed in this one have had for around 18 months and the red is almost pink and something happened with the dividers and grabs onto the clubs and makes it a pain to get clubs out of one of the slots.

Bag doesn't sit outside at all and I take care of my stuff! This is my first Ping bag and might be my last.

Looking for some other options. I ride in a cart almost 100% of the time. Travel with my clubs when I do travel (pre covid it was a lot). Occasionally I'll strap to my push cart or carry for 9.

I do like the quick open magnet pocket on the ping, my old Sun Mountain had the same.

The new Mizzy bag looks nice but not sure about quality.

What's the hot ticket this year?

Love my Stitch SL2. One of the best carry bags out there. It is lightweight, extremely pretty, durable, 100% water proof and very functional.

I got tons of compliments from the cart girls, which for me is the most important thing when it comes to golf bag. 

Here's an actual photo for reference.

Cheers.

AC4CA60C-2BA2-45A1-8900-7F8F7B60A6E4.jpeg.e5115b841812abd7ab2105b84e710132.jpeg

• Haha 1