Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Series Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex

I just came across this press release put out by MCA Golf on December 21st, 2020 and thought I'd share for those who haven't seen. The article is available on their website under the press release section. If anyone has any trackman data or feedback they'd like to share it would be much appreciated!

Carlsbad, CA – (December 21, 2021) – Proving that their drive for engineering perfection never rests MCA Golf is adding a new, even more stable Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex shaft to their TENSEI™ AV RAW White Series.

The new design, which replaces the previous TENSEI™ AV RAW White TX-Flex, was one of several prototypes vetted during the development process and ultimately provides a better, smoother transition from the matching profiles of the S and X to the TX flexes within the AV RAW White Series.

“Our product design process always includes a lot of experimentation,” says Zane Nuttall, Manager of Product Development and Innovation for MCA GOLF. “But the unique length of this particular development cycle gave us the opportunity to keep pushing the product even after our initial Tour release, to produce the exact performance specs we wanted for this particular TX product.”

While the initial TX design was well-received by Tour players during early seeding, the new Prototype 2.0 provides a more powerful profile, with a stiffer tip and sub-3.0 torque.

“Today’s players are incredible strong, and we have to develop our products to meet the incredible forces their powerful, athletic swings create,” says Nuttall. “We’re pushing the strength and stabilities properties to the limit while still retaining a confident, responsive feel.”

TENSEI™ AV RAW White Prototype 2.0 TX shafts are ideal for the strongest players who want a stiff-tipped, low-torque, super stable shaft for powerful low-launching ball flight. They will be available through MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide starting January 4, 2021 with a suggested retail price of $400 USD, along with the rest of the TENSEI™ AV RAW Series which was released on June 1, 2020.

Weights and flexes:

TENSEI™ AV RAW White Prototype 2.0 TX – 65 / 75 / 85

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 11.29.22 AM.png

Edited by ILove2Golf123
  • Like 2

saw this too...think the other original one had a torque of 4.0...maybe it was designed specifically for a tour player...

I almost contemplated about getting the original TX and just wanted try it.  I currently have the X and love it in the TSI2.  Coming from a Ventus Blue 6x Velocore in a SIM.  Waiting for adapters to come in so I can try the ventus in the TSI2

Edited by BeyondVision

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

Might want to check the BST if you’re interested in one now! 🤭

• Like 2

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

you got the 2.0 already?  How would you compare the two?  Or don't know if you hit the ventus blue before either...

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

31 minutes ago, BeyondVision said:

you got the 2.0 already?  How would you compare the two?  Or don't know if you hit the ventus blue before either...

TollBros had them available for a while and I got one from another member 

it’s quite a bit firmer than the retail 65x that I have in my TSI3. Feels firmer throughout. I didn’t measure but I also feel the butt section is larger than the retail version 

• Like 1

Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Gotta wonder if this is a response in a way to VENTUS..... sub 3.0 torque.  MITSU had an insane run there for a bit and they make great shafts.  But, 2020 was the Year of the VENTUS (one of the only hood things this year I might add 🤦🏻‍♂️)

I’ve noticed I really prefer low torque shafts as a guy who grew up using steel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mjbaker80 said:

Gotta wonder if this is a response in a way to VENTUS..... sub 3.0 torque.  MITSU had an insane run there for a bit and they make great shafts.  But, 2020 was the Year of the VENTUS (one of the only hood things this year I might add 🤦🏻‍♂️)

I’ve noticed I really prefer low torque shafts as a guy who grew up using steel.

Ventus had a good year but overall MCA is still top dog in the shaft game. These shafts are likely in response to guys like Rory and Brooks seeking a tighter feeling profile. 

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

They have an impressive percentage of OWGR top 10 for sure.  

MCA makes outstanding golf shafts; no question.  Per your Rory point, that’s exactly my point....Rory switched to a VENTUS and did Fleetwood...if your MCA, you don’t love that....both played the XT XTS PROTO for years with Rory tinkering with the AV white.

We agree; just different ways of making the point, I guess!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valtiel said:

That was the first thing I thought as well. If we zoom out 10 years and look at the shafts put in play by stronger players, they have been getting stiffer and/or lighter overall. Tiger had his 93/103g tipped Blueboards back in the day and now the lighter 60/70/80 D+ Whiteboards. Rory had the various heavily tipped Rombax 70/95g shafts, now also stiffer Whiteboard profiles in the 70/80/90g class, and most recently the Ventus 6x. Sergio had 100g shafts across the board, then 80g, and now 70/80/80. Same thing with Adam Scott etc etc. Sure these guys are getting older, but most aren't really any slower, and I imagine the proliferation of launch monitor testing along with material tech making these stouter shafts feel better and better has pushed a lot of players towards more stable profiles. The huge success of the Ventus, particularly the Black, likely pushed MRC a little bit since it is a stiffer profile than anything MRC makes. Competition is good!

This is just a phenomenal post, dude.  Hats off....

We are at such an interesting stage in the evolution of golf gear, IMO.  For those of us (pros included) that grew up playing in the mid and late 90s, we were used to two things.... a squishy ball and a stout shaft (probably steel).  What's incredible is that shaft companies have found a way to make softer feeling shafts be low launch/spin.  I remember the first time I hit a Tensei white OG.  COULD NOT BELIEVE it was a low/low shaft.  Felt too "good/soft."  I was like "welp, I found my grail....I'm home."  But, as time wore on, I actually missed the boardy feel that I grew up with.... the grail wasn't really the grail.  Because, I'm not used to lively.

At the end of the day though, a golfer craves what he or she knows....exactly as you said....  for a lot of these guys, softer ain't better even if it performs like a low/low. They are used to what they are used to ....stout, stable, low torque......

My guess is this 2.0 is back to the future.... a stout feeling low/low shaft for the guys that got the numbers they wanted from the white, but not the FEEL they wanted.

Again, awesome post.  You nailed it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

TollBros had them available for a while and I got one from another member 

it’s quite a bit firmer than the retail 65x that I have in my TSI3. Feels firmer throughout. I didn’t measure but I also feel the butt section is larger than the retail version 

Did you tip any? How did it compare to your gamer shaft?

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* open 1* D5SW 45 1/4” PO 60TX tipped 1”
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 43” PO 80TX tipped 1 1/2”
Taylor Made M3 19* 42” PO 90TX tipped 1 1/2” 
Titleist U500 3 iron 40” PO 100TX tipped 1 1/2”
Titleist T100 4-PW PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 52&60 KBS Tour 125
Cameron Pro Platinum Newport2
Titleist ProV1X and left dash 

1 hour ago, ukbigbluechad said:

Did you tip any? How did it compare to your gamer shaft?

I tested it untipped in a SIM and then tipped it 1/2” and intended to play it in a TSI but never installed the adapter because I want to sell and get an Autoflex 😂

I have the retail av raw white in my TSI and the 2.0 is significantly more stout and stable. Lesser kick, but I also don’t think I was able to load it properly, so that’s probably part of the reason I didn’t love it 

Ever so slightly lower spin than retail, but also comparing SIM to TSI so take that into account as well. 

• Thanks 1

Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

On 1/3/2021 at 3:17 PM, Valtiel said:

That was the first thing I thought as well. If we zoom out 10 years and look at the shafts put in play by stronger players, they have been getting stiffer and/or lighter overall. Tiger had his 93/103g tipped Blueboards back in the day and now the lighter 60/70/80 D+ Whiteboards. Rory had the various heavily tipped Rombax 70/95g shafts, now also stiffer Whiteboard profiles in the 70/80/90g class, and most recently the Ventus 6x. Sergio had 100g shafts across the board, then 80g, and now 70/80/80. Same thing with Adam Scott etc etc. Sure these guys are getting older, but most aren't really any slower, and I imagine the proliferation of launch monitor testing along with material tech making these stouter shafts feel better and better has pushed a lot of players towards more stable profiles. The huge success of the Ventus, particularly the Black, likely pushed MRC a little bit since it is a stiffer profile than anything MRC makes. Competition is good!

Well said.. I would just add I think across the board you are seeing a trend towards lighter shafts. With graphite and composite materials you can get all the stiffness and stability you want in a lighter package that will keep you fresh and strong longer..

I used to think “I need 130 gram iron shafts”. now I am thinking 110-120 is fine maybe even lighter if I can.

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I have been playing one of these for a couple of months after trying ventus velo black 6/7x, rogue 130 white TX, smoke black/green, GD, CK pro, doing a cool clubs fitting, etc. 65tx 2.0 untipped in a 200g sim 9 and it is a stable monster that wants to be swung hard and then kicks like a mule to launch the ball a mile. Completely outclassed the ventus black for me but then everyone is different.  Got it from tollbros around Halloween. Fastest combo I’ve ever used, cracked 325 yds on my SkyTrak, never got near that in either a sub zero or any other shaft. Love it and highly recommend it for anyone that wants LOW spin and swings very aggressively. I’m negative AoA which is “bad” but this combo doesn’t care and hits huge bombs. Curious to try it in the 425lst or SIM2 to see if I can crack 330 and get a bit more forgiveness from the head.

239230EE-0F1F-4BC4-96D5-F19B0AF918F3.JPG

Edited by Brian8225
  • Like 3

On 1/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, mjbaker80 said:

They have an impressive percentage of OWGR top 10 for sure.  

MCA makes outstanding golf shafts; no question.  Per your Rory point, that’s exactly my point....Rory switched to a VENTUS and did Fleetwood...if your MCA, you don’t love that....both played the XT XTS PROTO for years with Rory tinkering with the AV white.

We agree; just different ways of making the point, I guess!

Exactly.  When you have Rory and JT switch to the Ventus, that really says something.  Don't get me wrong, I have my loyalties to both Fuji and MCA as you guys can see from my bag, but Fuji has seriously upped their game recently.  My guy is due to get the Tensei Raw AV 2.0 here in a couple weeks.  I will have the opportunity to test and will report findings. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 2

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Exactly.  When you have Rory and JT switch to the Ventus, that really says something.  Don't get me wrong, I have my loyalties to both Fuji and MCA as you guys can see from my bag, but Fuji has seriously upped their game recently.  My guy is due to get the Tensei Raw AV 2.0 here in a couple weeks.  I will have the opportunity to test and will report findings. 

Yessir.  I don’t hide that I know the Fuji guys and they are friends.  But, I’m also realist and about 18 months ago MCA was cleaning house.  Enter the VENTUS.  We all have our loyalties and those guys are great humans that it’s easy to cheer for...but, again, I was the first one to “admit” when MCS or the HZRDUS shafts were blowing up.  

Also, all of these companies look at what overs are doing and what. Is gaining traction on tour.  They would be idiots not to.  Even if this 2.0 is a “response” to VENTUS, that’s awesome abs it just continues to put great products abs push R&D.  MCA products are awesome and I hope this 2.0 is a hit for them.  

• Like 2

Damn I haven’t even hit my 1.0 85TX in my 3 woods yet. Snow needs to melt and covid needs to get lost. 

sounds like the 1.0 TX may be a better fairway wood shaft for some to kick it up a hair more and then the Prototype 2.0 a better driver shaft to keep spin down more. 

Edited by ForTourUseOnly

I do not have launch monitor data.  Subjective only.  I play 70/75 TX in 3 and 5.  3 has the av raw white and 5 has original.  All tipped about an inch.  I think the original is tipped 1 1/8th". 

My opinion comparing the 3: 

Original-Handle mid, tip softest

AV Raw-Handle softest, mid tip 

2.0 - strongest top to bottom.  Ball seems to go straighter the harder i swing.  Kick at impact is strong. 

25 minutes ago, fox_todd said:

I do not have launch monitor data.  Subjective only.  I play 70/75 TX in 3 and 5.  3 has the av raw white and 5 has original.  All tipped about an inch.  I think the original is tipped 1 1/8th". 

My opinion comparing the 3: 

Original-Handle mid, tip softest

AV Raw-Handle softest, mid tip 

2.0 - strongest top to bottom.  Ball seems to go straighter the harder i swing.  Kick at impact is strong. 

Does this kick more then Ventus Black? Any ball speed increase?

Thanks.. this sounds good!

Callaway Tour Epic Speed 3D LS 8.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei 1K 50TX

TaylorMade Sim Tour TI V2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
PXG 0317X Gen2 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X
PXG 0311P Gen3 - 4 / 0311ST  - 5-9 - SteelFiber 110x
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 46,50,54 - DG TI S400
Miura Tour Milled 60 - DG TI S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2  

3 minutes ago, fox_todd said:

Sorry, can't say.  Have not tried Ventus black yet, but don't see this shaft leaving my bag for a long time. 

Ok thanks.

what your average swing speed and tempo?

Callaway Tour Epic Speed 3D LS 8.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei 1K 50TX

TaylorMade Sim Tour TI V2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
PXG 0317X Gen2 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X
PXG 0311P Gen3 - 4 / 0311ST  - 5-9 - SteelFiber 110x
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 46,50,54 - DG TI S400
Miura Tour Milled 60 - DG TI S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2  

2 hours ago, djhgolf said:

Does this kick more then Ventus Black? Any ball speed increase?

Thanks.. this sounds good!

I've played both shafts and I feel the 2.0 has a little more kick than the Ventus black. To me the Black was a pretty linear feeling shaft. I do feel the 2.0 handle is much stiffer than the VB though.

My swing is 115ish as well with what I'd call a moderate/aggressive transition. Feel free to message me if you're interested in testing a 2.0 out!

• Like 1

Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone try the 2.0 in a fairway?  Have the 2.0 85TX coming to compare to the original Pro White 80TX. Trying to figure out how much I should tip, currently I have the PW tipped 1.5”, I am thinking 1” would be plenty in the 2.0. 

SIM2 10.5 (set to 9) W/Ventus Black 6X
SIM2 TI 3 w/Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX

SIM UDI 2 w/Nippon GOST TX
or SIM2 TI 5 w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 X
Callaway Apex TCB Raw 4-PW w/ TI X100
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS