Jump to content

Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Series Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex


Recommended Posts

Just now, SMUGamer said:

Are you saying it was stiffer than the Ventus Black you're playing? 

Ummm I don't know that I would say that. I think it feels quite a bit stiffer in the handle, yes, but not sure about overall. 

 

VB gave me better ball speeds by a few MPH

  • Like 1

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been playing a 2.0 for a little under a year now. Fantastic shaft. Mitsu doesnt care about answering to Fuji. They just keep making great stuff, they always have and always will. 

D - Callaway Epic Speed LS Triple Diamond 8.5* @ NS w/ Aldila ATX Tour Green 75TX Prototype 45.50" (D4)

3W - Callaway Epic Speed 3+ Wood w/ Aldila Synergy Green '19 Proto 80tx 42.50" (D4)

2H - Cobra King Tec 2 Hyrbid 17* @ 16* Draw setting w/ Diamana Thump ii 100x 42.00" (D4) || 3H - Ping G425 Max w/ Tensei AV Raw White 90tx 42.00" (D4)

5W - Callaway Epic Speed MAX 5 Wood w/ Aldila Synergy Green '19 Proto 80tx 42.00" (D4)

2i - Taylormade '19 P790 UDI 2 w/ Project X 6.5 @ 16* 42.00" (D5) || 3i - Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI 3 w/ Project X 6.5 41.50" (D5)

Irons - Taylormade '20 P770s 4-PW w/ Project X 7.0 Ryder Cup Edition, 2* Weak (D5)

Wedges - 50* @ 48* TR, 54*TR @ 56*, 60*NR @ 62* Wedges w/ Project X Rifle 6.5 (D6)

Grips - Golf Pride MCC Teams Blue/White Grips 1+2 logo down

Putter - Cobra 3D Printed Agera Mallet - 34", Superstroke Traxion Tour 3.0 w/ Arccos 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

Been playing a 2.0 for a little under a year now. Fantastic shaft. Mitsu doesnt care about answering to Fuji. They just keep making great stuff, they always have and always will. 

Agreed. My priority was 100% based on dispersion and windy condition play. It has been outstanding for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

It didn't work out for me. I didn't feel I could load it properly to get everything out of it

You saying it’s easier to load the vents black? What are some of the other differences between venous black and 2.0...

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, surehands79 said:

You saying it’s easier to load the vents black? What are some of the other differences between venous black and 2.0...

No, I personally feel it’s much harder to load. 
 

2.0 felt so stiff in the handle to me. Ventus has a more one piece feel IMO

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tested and played both the AV raw 2.0 proto and ventus black in 7x. In testing I felt the 2.0 was much stiffer, much harder to load, and much lower launching. On trackman I was seeing 8* launch and 1700-1800 spin with 2.0. The ventus was around 11* launch with 2000-2100 spin.

Tested in a titleist tsi3 head. Both of these shaft lost out to rdx smoke black 70tx, I was able to get the 11* launch but added a touch of spin around 2300 to increase carry.

Titleist TSi3 / Tensei AV Raw white proto 2.0 75TX
Titleist TSi2 13.5 / Tensei AV Raw white proto 2.0 85TX
TM Sim udi 3 / Nippon 130x
Srixon ZX7 4-PW / Nippon 130x
Taylormade MG raw 50.54.58 Nippon 125x
Titleist -ProV1x
Putter of the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2021 at 10:53 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

No, I personally feel it’s much harder to load. 
 

2.0 felt so stiff in the handle to me. Ventus has a more one piece feel IMO

Your feels are correct. Freq wise it’s quite a bit stiffer. Think more along the lines of Speeder Vc 9.2. It’s a beast in the 85TX 2.0 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ForTourUseOnly said:

Your feels are correct. Freq wise it’s quite a bit stiffer. Think more along the lines of Speeder Vc 9.2. It’s a beast in the 85TX 2.0 


 

That has me a little bit concerned 😕 These shafts might be a bit to stiff for me then. I’m waiting for my 65, 75, and 85 to arrive any day now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ForTourUseOnly said:

Your feels are correct. Freq wise it’s quite a bit stiffer. Think more along the lines of Speeder Vc 9.2. It’s a beast in the 85TX 2.0 

That’s interesting you say that. I just built up a 2.0 85TX for my SIM2 3 wood, haven’t had a chance to hit it yet but was a big fan of the VC 8.2 and 9.2, still have the 9.2 to put into a sim2 5 wood whenever it gets shipped. 

SIM2 10.5 (set to 9) W/Ventus Black 6X
SIM2 TI 3 w/Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX

SIM UDI 2 w/Nippon GOST TX
or SIM2 TI 5 w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 X
Callaway Apex TCB Raw 4-PW w/ TI X100
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you fight high launch / spin, the 2.0 paired with the TSi3 head is the combo for you!

 

Holy crap I've never been humbled by a setup before, but this one does just that. 

I have the 65TX untipped in a TSi3 9.0 head set up neutral.  Nothing but lasers with it.  I’m a 113-115 SS player (usually around 165BS on GCQuad)

 

I caught a few that launched a bit higher and when that happens it’s an unreal long setup, but I’ll likely be trying the AV Raw Blue tx version to try and get some more launch out of this setup.  It was only my first round of the year, so will give it another go but likely this shaft is too much for me at least in this setup.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, manima1 said:

If you fight high launch / spin, the 2.0 paired with the TSi3 head is the combo for you!

 

Holy crap I've never been humbled by a setup before, but this one does just that. 

I have the 65TX untipped in a TSi3 9.0 head set up neutral.  Nothing but lasers with it.  I’m a 113-115 SS player (usually around 165BS on GCQuad)

 

I caught a few that launched a bit higher and when that happens it’s an unreal long setup, but I’ll likely be trying the AV Raw Blue tx version to try and get some more launch out of this setup.  It was only my first round of the year, so will give it another go but likely this shaft is too much for me at least in this setup.

Your SS and Ball speed numbers seem pretty similar to mine. Was around 12-13 launch with 2800-3k spin and 165ish bs with the Tensei White Raw in X in a 9 degree TSI3 on GC Quad with a winter swing. Looking for a little more or a stable feel. Currently gaming an Oban Hashimoto 65x. Did you have any trouble loading the shaft?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Player B said:

Your SS and Ball speed numbers seem pretty similar to mine. Was around 12-13 launch with 2800-3k spin and 165ish bs with the Tensei White Raw in X in a 9 degree TSI3 on GC Quad with a winter swing. Looking for a little more or a stable feel. Currently gaming an Oban Hashimoto 65x. Did you have any trouble loading the shaft?

I wouldn't say that in terms of "feel" at all, it's pretty smooth.  But it launches a lot lower than ideal (definitely below 10 degrees) for me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, manima1 said:

I wouldn't say that in terms of "feel" at all, it's pretty smooth.  But it launches a lot lower than ideal (definitely below 10 degrees) for me.  

Appreciate the feedback. I spoke with a titleist rep and MCA said it plays similar to an X tipped 1”. Less resin in the tip section, stiffer tip, and larger butt OD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting to think I might have to give this shaft another run as it seems I'm the only person in the world who didn't love it hahaha

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

Starting to think I might have to give this shaft another run as it seems I'm the only person in the world who didn't love it hahaha

I'm actually not sure it's a playable shaft for me, it launches so low I'm not sure I'm getting everything out of it.  I ordered an AV Raw Blue in TX to see how that compares, but will definitely be giving the 2.0 a few more runs before making any decisions.  

 

I will say it was incredibly straight and consistent.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Player B said:

Appreciate the feedback. I spoke with a titleist rep and MCA said it plays similar to an X tipped 1”. Less resin in the tip section, stiffer tip, and larger butt OD. 

 

His comparison of tipped X is pretty good.  Mine is untipped and it's a beast of a shaft.

 

Coming from a KKDC 80TX - the 65TX 2.0 is much stouter and lower launching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, manima1 said:

I'm actually not sure it's a playable shaft for me, it launches so low I'm not sure I'm getting everything out of it.  I ordered an AV Raw Blue in TX to see how that compares, but will definitely be giving the 2.0 a few more runs before making any decisions.  

 

I will say it was incredibly straight and consistent.  

As TXG says, "loft up", which is the most effective method to increase launch (NOT the shaft). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

As TXG says, "loft up", which is the most effective method to increase launch (NOT the shaft). 

I get it, but frankly I'm not keen on the closed face look of lofting up and I just acquired this 9 degree TSi3 head.  It was a coin flip between the (2) shafts for me so I'm going to let them battle it out and the loser will be on BST.😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, manima1 said:

I get it, but frankly I'm not keen on the closed face look of lofting up and I just acquired this 9 degree TSi3 head.  It was a coin flip between the (2) shafts for me so I'm going to let them battle it out and the loser will be on BST.😎

Believe me, with my draw that turns into a hook frequently, I cannot tolerate a closed face either. Which is why I ordered the 2.0TX with a higher loft than I have ever played (10*) and will play it in either C1 or B1, so no closed face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Believe me, with my draw that turns into a hook frequently, I cannot tolerate a closed face either. Which is why I ordered the 2.0TX with a higher loft than I have ever played (10*) and will play it in either C1 or B1, so no closed face. 

I actually was considering getting the 8.0 head (glad I did not).

 

I've always played low loft in drivers, (16M2 8.5 head, M5 9.0 lofted down to 7.5) but this TSi3 launches fairly low in comparison (at least with the 2.0 TX beast).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Player B said:

Appreciate the feedback. I spoke with a titleist rep and MCA said it plays similar to an X tipped 1”. Less resin in the tip section, stiffer tip, and larger butt OD. 

I would say the X tipped 1" plays similar to the TX 1.0 models but its still going to be softer than the TX 2.0.

 

I have both the 85 TX 1.0 and 2.0 proto and the 2.0 is 15cpm stiffer and a couple grams heavier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...