Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Series Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex

21 minutes ago, SC-TX 88 said:

I’m slower than that right now as I continue tweaking my swing (I’m hovering around 115-118) and I don’t think it would be an issue. I’m at 1 3/8” in the 2.0 85TX and for me it’s not an issue (granted I live in Texas so I like to see my woods launch at a little lower window). 

Thanks, that's good to hear

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was the first thing I thought as well. If we zoom out 10 years and look at the shafts put in play by stronger players, they have been getting stiffer and/or lighter overall. Tiger had his 93/103g

I ordered a TSi3 a couple weeks ago with the stock X because they said TX wasn’t available. So I bought a full price prototype 2.0 to put in it. Now it’s available as a stock shaft. Could have saved $

This is just a phenomenal post, dude.  Hats off....   We are at such an interesting stage in the evolution of golf gear, IMO.  For those of us (pros included) that grew up playing in the mid

Posted Images

Just wanted to throw this out there.  Don't tip shafts 'just because'.

Tipping should be done to fine tune launch conditions.

I have a +8-10 degree AoA and avg low 180 ball speed in a Tsi4.  Spin rates with a 60tx prototype 2.0 are sub 2k.  What could I possibly gain from tipping it?

Tsi4

917f2

503h

Mp-67

Vokey

Zipcore

Studio stainless

8 hours ago, Bdck said:

I have a +8-10 degree AoA and avg low 180 ball speed in a Tsi4.  Spin rates with a 60tx prototype 2.0 are sub 2k.  What could I possibly gain from tipping it?

Tons of people see tour players tip 1" so they feel they need to, and they may have played a shaft tipped 1" in the past so they now feel they need to tip EVERY shaft 1". It's really stupid.

Epic Max LS + Diamana ZF / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 4H + Tensei CK Pro Blue / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, Harris27 said:

Do you think for someone with an avg Driver SS of 120-122, tipping the 70TX 2.0 1/2" & the 80TX 2.0 in a 15* 3w head 1" would change the feel or ball flight in a negative way? I am only concerned about the result of tipping being that it makes it feel too stiff/boardy and launches too low. You seem to have some knowledge here, do you think that should be a legitimate concern? The alternative would be to play both clubs at the standard recommended tip trim (no D tip and 1/2" 3w tip)

i'm so sorry i missed your quote/response. 

at that speed - the tipping actually seems appropriate; there's a chance if you're not going at it 100% that you might feel like it's a bit too stiff leading to inconsistencies in your shots. YRMV. 

i have tested a few things around here-- yes. lol 

my personal suggestion would be to tip them the recommended length; if you're over that and have days you aren't at your fastest -- some shots may come off a bit different or inconsistent. 

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / KBS Tour S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

On 4/6/2021 at 8:30 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Tons of people see tour players tip 1" so they feel they need to, and they may have played a shaft tipped 1" in the past so they now feel they need to tip EVERY shaft 1". It's really stupid.

honest question here - 

as someone who just so happens to do what you call as 'stupid' -- in that i've tipped most shafts for the last 7 years about an inch or so, sometimes more depending on shaft...

i've never come across people asking if i did it b/c a tour person does it, or if i genuinely need it. so i ask you, are you ASSUMING people are tipping their shafts b/c of tour pros, or are you drawing your own opinions of people who tip shafts?

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

On 4/5/2021 at 11:59 PM, Bdck said:

no one is suggesting you tip it 'just because'...

and congrats - your driver is perfectly fit for you; however, if you did not like the feel if your current shaft - there's a distinct possibility that you could go to a smoother profile that may be tipped a bit and give you similar numbers to your current shaft -- i can think of oban and graphite design to think of 2. 

1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

honest question here - 

as someone who just so happens to do what you call as 'stupid' -- in that i've tipped most shafts for the last 7 years about an inch or so, sometimes more depending on shaft...

i've never come across people asking if i did it b/c a tour person does it, or if i genuinely need it. so i ask you, are you ASSUMING people are tipping their shafts b/c of tour pros, or are you drawing your own opinions of people who tip shafts?

My opinion is that most people don't spend a few hundred extra on a driver to get fit.  Their swings are also too inconsistent to make optimization effective.  They tip their shafts because they always have because they read somewhere a tour pro with a similar swing speed as theirs did.  Or maybe they got fit 13 years ago and assume all shafts are the same.

My point is it doesn't really matter if you tip or don't.  Tipping a shaft like this about optimization, and unless you're doing that on a launch monitor you're just as likely to be right with it untipped.

Tsi4

917f2

503h

Mp-67

Vokey

Zipcore

Studio stainless

2 minutes ago, Bdck said:

My opinion is that most people don't spend a few hundred extra on a driver to get fit.  Their swings are also too inconsistent to make optimization effective.  They tip their shafts because they always have because they read somewhere a tour pro with a similar swing speed as theirs did.  Or maybe they got fit 13 years ago and assume all shafts are the same.

My point is it doesn't really matter if you tip or don't.  Tipping a shaft like this about optimization, and unless you're doing that on a launch monitor you're just as likely to be right with it untipped.

you could get the same numbers tipped or untipped -- however you might get better dispersion or a more stable feel. there are a few reasons to tip a shaft -- not just raw data changes. 

again, you and the other guy are saying that there are people who've mentioned they tip b/c pros do it or 'match' their swing speeds -- yet i haven't seen anyone in these threads say that. if you can find it, please let me know - b/c those people need to be better informed.

55 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

you could get the same numbers tipped or untipped -- however you might get better dispersion or a more stable feel. there are a few reasons to tip a shaft -- not just raw data changes. 

again, you and the other guy are saying that there are people who've mentioned they tip b/c pros do it or 'match' their swing speeds -- yet i haven't seen anyone in these threads say that. if you can find it, please let me know - b/c those people need to be better informed.

You keep missing my point.  Let's try it a different way because I think we agree.

Generally tipping isn't needed, but for specific cases it can improve optimization.

My claim is those specific cases are more rare than how commonly we see people tipping shafts - and most people who top their shafts do so without the proper context to determine if it'd be beneficial.

Tsi4

917f2

503h

Mp-67

Vokey

Zipcore

Studio stainless

4 minutes ago, Bdck said:

You keep missing my point.  Let's try it a different way because I think we agree.

Generally tipping isn't needed, but for specific cases it can improve optimization.

My claim is those specific cases are more rare than how commonly we see people tipping shafts - and most people who top their shafts do so without the proper context to determine if it'd be beneficial.

I'm not missing your point - I'm trying to counter the assumptions that you and the fellow member who has viewed the thread since but won't post that those assumptions are incorrect and would argue that MOST of the people you see asking about tipping and whatnot are trying to find information and not doing it 'blindly' b/c of 'tour pros' or whatever else you're putting on them. 

you haven't ASKED people why they're tipping, you're assuming -- and broad generalizations aren't good for fitting nor for characterizing those in the populous. 

41 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

I'm not missing your point - I'm trying to counter the assumptions that you and the fellow member who has viewed the thread since but won't post that those assumptions are incorrect and would argue that MOST of the people you see asking about tipping and whatnot are trying to find information and not doing it 'blindly' b/c of 'tour pros' or whatever else you're putting on them. 

you haven't ASKED people why they're tipping, you're assuming -- and broad generalizations aren't good for fitting nor for characterizing those in the populous. 

This is a forum. I'm not going to ask everyone who tipped their shaft why they did it.  I've seen enough people tip shafts to know most do it blindly.  I was one.  I used to tip 80 gram x flex shafts 1.5-2x in 7.5 degree heads because I was swinging 125ish couldn't keep the spin below 3k.

I'm in an 8* Tsi4 turned to 7* w/ the proto 2 65tx untipped.  Getting 15-18* launch w/ 1500-2200 spin and 186-192 ball.  Only way to optimize those numbers is to spend a spend a few hundred in a fitting with likely another couple hundred in a few shaft.  Most people won't do that.  Most people that too their shafts don't do that.

You can think I'm wrong, but that falls on your shoulders to validate.  Or not, this is a forum.  Just stop arguing over assuming about assumptions on online opinions. It's stupid s*** man.

Tsi4

917f2

503h

Mp-67

Vokey

Zipcore

Studio stainless

Just now, Bdck said:

This is a forum. I'm not going to ask everyone who tipped their shaft why they did it.  I've seen enough people tip shafts to know most do it blindly.  I was one.  I used to tip 80 gram x flex shafts 1.5-2x in 7.5 degree heads because I was swinging 125ish couldn't keep the spin below 3k.

I'm in an 8* Tsi4 turned to 7* w/ the proto 2 65tx untipped.  Getting 15-18* launch w/ 1500-2200 spin and 186-192 ball.  Only way to optimize those numbers is to spend a spend a few hundred in a fitting with likely another couple hundred in a few shaft.  Most people won't do that.  Most people that too their shafts don't do that.

You can think I'm wrong, but that falls on your shoulders to validate.  Or not, this is a forum.  Just stop arguing over assuming about assumptions on online opinions. It's stupid s*** man.

i never said you were wrong, just asked you to provide evidence of being right? lol 

ain't arguin -- just saying don't spread a generality you won't back up. there are countless people on here who are genuinely intrigued by the process of tipping, what it may or may not do, etc. and THOSE people are the ones asking questions -- not the guys 'tipping for tour pros' sake. 

yes, it's a forum -- if there's somethin you don't like we can move along -- you and i are talkin - and having the discussion is better than callin someone a fool, stupid or the like as someone may have done previously. 

All I can say is that you folks that actually tip this shaft are complete beasts.

My untipped 65TX 2.0 is far and away the stoutest shaft I've ever gamed, you need to bring it every time.  Love the results, but might not be the most friendly on "off" days.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

i never said you were wrong, just asked you to provide evidence of being right? lol 

ain't arguin -- just saying don't spread a generality you won't back up. there are countless people on here who are genuinely intrigued by the process of tipping, what it may or may not do, etc. and THOSE people are the ones asking questions -- not the guys 'tipping for tour pros' sake. 

yes, it's a forum -- if there's somethin you don't like we can move along -- you and i are talkin - and having the discussion is better than callin someone a fool, stupid or the like as someone may have done previously. 

For me I don’t tip to just tip. I will read details about a shaft and bend profiles etc and try to nail a feel. The numbers are second for me. I tip a shaft and look at how it feels with my swing and if the ball is where I want to see it when I turn to look. I think everything you said Gio is spot on

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

For me I don’t tip to just tip. I will read details about a shaft and bend profiles etc and try to nail a feel. The numbers are second for me. I tip a shaft and look at how it feels with my swing and if the ball is where I want to see it when I turn to look. I think everything you said Gio is spot on

i'd like to give the benefit of the doubt that the vast majority of people understand that tipping is a tool to fine tune a fitting rather than a 'standard' of things such as PING's fitting guide or something like that. there's a reason that shaft companies give tipping instructions in the first place after all. not every shaft is created equal just as there is no guarantee that tipping will have "X" result for a given player; however by asking questions and some of us actually trying it -- we can broaden the observations and 'data' that we use to make our own decisions. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, manima1 said:

All I can say is that you folks that actually tip this shaft are complete beasts.

My untipped 65TX 2.0 is far and away the stoutest shaft I've ever gamed, you need to bring it every time.  Love the results, but might not be the most friendly on "off" days.

I’m a little surprised to hear you say that. I have the 65TX in a tsi3 tipped 1” and 75TX in a tsi2 fairway tipped 1.5”. I find them really smooth, easy to load, and easily the best shaft/head combo I’ve possibly ever hit,  and I’m not much younger than Phil.  No…I’m not the typical Wrxer flying 7 iron 220 🙂 

Edited by denvergolf
TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
Piretti GOAT
TayloreMade TP5
51 minutes ago, spreardon5 said:

I'm currently gaming Diamana DF 70TX in G410LST head for driver. Any thoughts comparing this to the DF 70TX?  Looking at gaming the 85TX 2.0 in Tsi2 5W, do you think that would be too much?

To piggyback off of this - has anyone hit the new Diamana D Limited, the shaft that Cantlay, Koepka, Paul Casey, Finau (until last week) are all playing in their Driver?

Curious how that shaft compares to the TENSEI AV Raw White/2.0 if anyone has hit both.

On 5/23/2021 at 2:26 AM, denvergolf said:

I’m a little surprised to hear you say that. I have the 65TX in a tsi3 tipped 1” and 75TX in a tsi2 fairway tipped 1.5”. I find them really smooth, easy to load, and easily the best shaft/head combo I’ve possibly ever hit,  and I’m not much younger than Phil.  No…I’m not the typical Wrxer flying 7 iron 220 🙂 

I just ordered the tsi2 fairway tipped 1/2.  I’m losing a little speed as i get older so i went down to 1/2 from 1” on my fairways.  Glad to hear you like the combo 

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 65tx 2.0 on the way.

I have no clue what my swing speed is but 

I played the VB 6x and 7x both tipped 1” I liked didn’t love 

also played atmos black 7tx tipped 1” I liked it more then the VB 

and my favorite so far is the KK XD 7tx 1” tipping 

im a little nervous tipping this one the 1” I normally do based off these reviews.  
can anyone give me some tipping feedback based on your experience with this shaft.  

12 minutes ago, Mario Good Times said:

I have a 65tx 2.0 on the way.

I have no clue what my swing speed is but 

I played the VB 6x and 7x both tipped 1” I liked didn’t love 

also played atmos black 7tx tipped 1” I liked it more then the VB 

and my favorite so far is the KK XD 7tx 1” tipping 

im a little nervous tipping this one the 1” I normally do based off these reviews.  
can anyone give me some tipping feedback based on your experience with this shaft.  

I have the 65TX 2.0 in my TSi3 (tipped 1 inch), the 75TX 2.0 in my 3 wood (tipped 1.5), and the 85TX 2.0 in my 5 wood (tipped 2 inches), and they all play very smoothly, cant even tell they've been tipped. They are so smooth, I dont think you can go wrong tipping it 1 inch for driver regardless of the SS, based on my experience. I also have the full set of VB's for each wood listed above that I go back and forth with, depending. Love both brands/models immensely.