Jason Day Landing Spot

probably sign with NBC or Fox. the guy is insanely good behind a microphone. 

• Like 2

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Just now, mizuno player said:

He may go the Brooks route. Mizuno Irons, TM woods and fill out with he wants. It could be a blessing for him.

Seems to me we are seeing the clothing contract taking the place of  big equipment contacts. I know they've always had them but seems different now. 

It honestly makes sense.. Way more potential revenue there for companies.. Why do you think these guys are scripted at every event? The are basically fairway models. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

24 minutes ago, mizuno player said:

He may go the Brooks route. Mizuno Irons, TM woods and fill out with he wants. It could be a blessing for him.

Seems to me we are seeing the clothing contract taking the place of  big equipment contacts. I know they've always had them but seems different now. 

23 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

It honestly makes sense.. Way more potential revenue there for companies.. Why do you think these guys are scripted at every event? The are basically fairway models. 

Just thinking out loud here, Mizuno doesn’t really have an iron that is particularly similar to Day’s 750/760 irons. Maybe Srixon ZX7 could be of interest to Day.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

4 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

Just thinking out loud here, Mizuno doesn’t really have an iron that is particularly similar to Day’s 750/760 irons. Maybe Srixon ZX7 could be of interest to Day.

The 921 T would be the closest.. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 minute ago, dropkicked said:

taylormade_1920_christmas19_onesie.jpg

I recall this during the holidays.. maybe not the official card? 

🙂

That was 2019.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 1/4/2021 at 2:25 PM, ga_pike said:

Day would be an excellent "face" for Club Champion.  Carry a CC bag and help sell their custom fitting services.  He would be able to play anything and it could further add to the "play what's actually best for you" angle.  

Will he play his clubs super heavy at D8??? 
Will he get fit inside on their flyer mats?

His clubs might even end up at E2 with his X7s in them 😂

• Like 2

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

On 1/5/2021 at 12:27 AM, jadedennill said:

Are you saying you’re going to give your irons to Jason Day if he needs them? 

No I was referring to the clubs Berger is playing. Not totally sure what J Day is going to play yet.

As far as what I give those clubs up for is depending on the exact situation at the time. 🤫

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:24 PM, MCoz said:

The initial plan is to go without a contract and likely stay with mostly older TM clubs for the time being. He has a pretty big Nike Contract and he is more about getting back to winning. The comments about him going back the the RSi irons could be right! He is comfortable with some of the older things that he has had success with. Preferring comfortable over new. But the "signature players" are usually required to be up to date. Look at Daniel Berger he left TM for the Callaway $$ and he disappeared. He broke he contract with Callaway so that he could go back to his old TM irons and acquired some back up sets to assure he could stay with them for awhile. And of course he returned to victory and relevance.  I have that set with very little use and I am going to part with them if he needs more.  I think we all look forward to J-Day to return to the winner's circle. 

I had no idea most contracts were like that; I guess it does make sense though with iron sets and marketing. Are all club companies like this for the most part?

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:28 PM, BC33 said:

IF you were a Nike staffer when they stopped making clubs and didn’t sign with another club manufacturer.  I don’t believe Day was as he was with Taylor Made Adidas.

With Nike having so many staffers(clothing/shoes), I’d be very surprised if Day was making anymore than $150,000 or $200,000 a season from them.  Tiger, Brooks, Rory...that’s the Nike staffers getting paid.

Nike pays off world ranking only and the prices a quite lucrative, makes sense why a lot of their formers went the free agent route. If they play well and get inside the top 10 in the world it pays more than double a regular OEM salary 

Taylormade  BRNR Mini Copper 11.5 KBS TD 70 Category 5 or Ventus TR Black 7x

Taylormade  Stealth 3HL/16.5 16.5 Tour AD DI 9x

Taylormade Stealth 7/21  Project X Tour Issue 10A2 7.0

Cleveland XL Halo 9/24 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 9x (IN TESTING)

Srixon ZX7 MK II 5-9 Nippon Modus 130X

Cleveland RTX 6 48/8, 54/8, 60/06 PX 6.5

Evnroll ER2v Midlock 41"

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I really hope Jason goes back to the RSi TP. He had so much success with them and he's never seemed very comfortable in any other irons since.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

16 hours ago, AdamStoutjesdyk said:

Nike pays off world ranking only and the prices a quite lucrative, makes sense why a lot of their formers went the free agent route. If they play well and get inside the top 10 in the world it pays more than double a regular OEM salary 

Actually that is not true. Nike pays off marketability or who they deem to be their faces. The rest are paid well but not as well as the big faces. And that was a big part of Nike Golf’s problems. Every other category at Nike drew their $ for athletes from Sports Marketing where as golf had to pay the athletes out of their own budget. That changed after clubs stopped being produced. For years there were 2 handlers for all Nike golf athletes 1 for Tiger, Michelle Wie and I believe it was Day but my memory is failing me and 1 for all others. 

Also if I’m not mistaken Day is still on his equipment contract with Nike. I believe all the guys that signed long term equipment/clothing contracts were honored and not renegotiated and I thought his was a 10 yr/ 100 mil deal but I don’t remember if it was clubs or not. Also the big guys that sign with Nike are generally not on yr to yr deals. 

14 minutes ago, mallrat said:

Actually that is not true. Nike pays off marketability or who they deem to be their faces. The rest are paid well but not as well as the big faces. And that was a big part of Nike Golf’s problems. Every other category at Nike drew their $ for athletes from Sports Marketing where as golf had to pay the athletes out of their own budget. That changed after clubs stopped being produced. For years there were 2 handlers for all Nike golf athletes 1 for Tiger, Michelle Wie and I believe it was Day but my memory is failing me and 1 for all others. 

Also if I’m not mistaken Day is still on his equipment contract with Nike. I believe all the guys that signed long term equipment/clothing contracts were honored and not renegotiated and I thought his was a 10 yr/ 100 mil deal but I don’t remember if it was clubs or not. Also the big guys that sign with Nike are generally not on yr to yr deals. 

Day didn’t play Nike clubs.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

1 hour ago, mallrat said:

But he’s still on his original deal. 

and thanks I wasn’t sure if he signed before they got out of club making

He signed with Nike right around the time he was number 1 in the world I believe.  He probably got a pretty big, lucrative deal not that I think about it.

He turned pro in 2006, has he been with Taylormade his entire professional career?  I thought I remember him playing Hogan gear at one point but that was obviously before he was a pro.

60162FB0-4536-4763-8EC7-A3813A453F46.jpeg

In the Bag:

On 1/5/2021 at 3:12 PM, scooterhd2 said:

probably sign with NBC or Fox. the guy is insanely good behind a microphone. 

He’s got years of good golf ahead of him, but he would be seriously good in the booth. 

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

On 1/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, mizuno player said:

Koepka, Paul Casey, and the rest of the Nike equipment players who went to a mixed bag did so because, as long as they didn’t sign a new equipment contract, Nike had to honor the contract and continue to pay them.  (And, if you ask me, many chose Mizuno because Mizuno was never really in the hunt to sign any of those guys - Mizuno doesn’t pay enough.  They weren’t about to give themselves away for free to the bigger brands who might sign them later.). Guys like Rory and Tiger, who quickly signed new deals, did so because they had the fame/influence/power/ability to sign another deal as good or better then their Nike deals. (Tiger may have taken a hit because of his play at the time, but his apparel contract with Nike more than covered that.)

Day doesn’t have that luxury - his contract with TaylorMade expired. No one is paying him (for clubs) now.  He may wait a short time, but I suspect he will sign with someone.  Even if it’s just a partial bag deal.  Prize money is good, but the real money is in endorsements. 

Whenever I see this thread title I think “Jason Day Landing Strip” which is a little disturbing.

Whenever I think of him I think of how amazing it is that he became world #1 growing up in Beaudesert. It’s a one horse town minus the horse and the town. Throw in his tough childhood and there is a better movie in there than the Tiger one. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, cgasucks said:

A high profile player like Day would've been signed by a major OEM by now but since we've not heard of the slightest rumor about that, I think he's gonna play without a club contract.  He still has his clothing contract with Nike.

If that is the case it will be very interesting to see what clubs will be in his bag in this new year since he has the freedom to pick and choose what sticks he will game from any OEM.

is he going to be the new tommy fleetwood?

On 1/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, BC33 said:

IF you were a Nike staffer when they stopped making clubs and didn’t sign with another club manufacturer.  I don’t believe Day was as he was with Taylor Made Adidas.

With Nike having so many staffers(clothing/shoes), I’d be very surprised if Day was making anymore than $150,000 or $200,000 a season from them.  Tiger, Brooks, Rory...that’s the Nike staffers getting paid.

If I remember correctly I think Day signed on with Nike when he was #1 in the world and at the time the deal was estimated to be around $10m total

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

On 1/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, BC33 said:

He signed with Nike right around the time he was number 1 in the world I believe.  He probably got a pretty big, lucrative deal not that I think about it.

He turned pro in 2006, has he been with Taylormade his entire professional career?  I thought I remember him playing Hogan gear at one point but that was obviously before he was a pro.

60162FB0-4536-4763-8EC7-A3813A453F46.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Titletown said:

If I remember correctly I think Day signed on with Nike when he was #1 in the world and at the time the deal was estimated to be around $10m total

Yes, which is why I posted a correction.

Do you think he's still getting paid on that initial deal?

In the Bag:

On 1/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, PowderedToastMan said:

He’s got years of good golf ahead of him, but he would be seriously good in the booth. 

I agree. I really hope he can get healthy, but man he's really good talking about golf. Some of the videos TaylorMade put out on Youtube with players talking about the game with Jason in them are fantastic. He makes the game really relatable and easy to understand. Just seems like a guy that knows a ton, but doesn't come off as arrogant or condescending. 

• Like 1