Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post did not age well...

Day would be an excellent "face" for Club Champion.  Carry a CC bag and help sell their custom fitting services.  He would be able to play anything and it could further add to the "play what's actuall

Maybe he brings back the RSI TPs🤘

Posted Images

Driver: Ping G425 LST (9 degrees @8.5)
Shaft: TPT 14 LO 5

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM Max
Shafts: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 80 TX

Irons: Mizuno JPX Tour (3-PW)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: Artisan Prototype (50, 54, 60)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

https://www.golfwrx.com/645789/jason-day-witb-2021-january/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Latest&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lc1342 said:

Driver: Ping G425 LST (9 degrees @8.5)
Shaft: TPT 14 LO 5

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM Max
Shafts: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 80 TX

Irons: Mizuno JPX Tour (3-PW)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: Artisan Prototype (50, 54, 60)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

https://www.golfwrx.com/645789/jason-day-witb-2021-january/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Latest&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused


Wow no spider

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lc1342 said:

Driver: Ping G425 LST (9 degrees @8.5)
Shaft: TPT 14 LO 5

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM Max
Shafts: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XTS 80 TX

Irons: Mizuno JPX Tour (3-PW)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: Artisan Prototype (50, 54, 60)
Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
 

https://www.golfwrx.com/645789/jason-day-witb-2021-january/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Latest&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

 

I did not expect to see a 2-Ball in that lineup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

  • Like 1

TaylorMade SIM2 8.0, Tensei 1K White 60TX, 45"
TaylorMade SIM2 Rocket 3, HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI, C-Taper Lite 115 X

TaylorMade P790 (2019) 3, DG X100 (SSx2)
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 4, DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC 5-7, DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7TW 8-PW, DG X100 (SSx2)
TaylorMade MG raw 52, raw Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade tour proto milled Juno, KBS CT Tour, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more interested in seeing the Artisan prototypes; whether they are similar to mine or not.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

What version of the 2 ball is he playing? 

The headcover in the Dave Woods IG story leads me to think White Hot OG. Will be interesting to see whether he has a double bend shaft or a custom slant/flow neck.

 

Edited by Golfingfanatic
  • Like 1

Callaway Mav SZ 3D 9

TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5

TaylorMade M3 19

Titleist U500 23

Yonex CB-301 5-PW

Vokey SM8 50F, 54F, 58T

Ping Anser


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 6:30 AM, Golfingfanatic said:

The headcover in the Dave Woods IG story leads me to think White Hot OG. Will be interesting to see whether he has a double bend shaft or a custom slant/flow neck.

 

Based on the Tuesday Pics from Torrey it looks to be the White Hot OG 2 Ball with the custom mid slant neck we see from time to time.

SIM 10.5* Tour AD MDQ 7X

M5 3W ilima 80X

R15 7W BB 93X

U510 4 MMT 105TX

T100s 5-GW MMT 105TX

SM6 56/60 S400

Odyssey Black 1W

VICE Pro Drip

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously Day doesn't need the money that would come with an equipment contract. Had to have been offers from other companies to come on board with them, but I'd imagine it came down to a cost benefit analysis. Pretty easy to see where the money from a contract wouldn't add up to the benefit of playing exactly what you want to AND just as importantly, if not more so, having more time to spend with your wife and young kids because you're not having to attend events for your equipment sponsor.

The 2 Ball being in there is so interesting given all the success he had with the Spider/Ten head shape. The BXS being in there is also an attention getter.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Obviously Day doesn't need the money that would come with an equipment contract. Had to have been offers from other companies to come on board with them, but I'd imagine it came down to a cost benefit analysis. Pretty easy to see where the money from a contract wouldn't add up to the benefit of playing exactly what you want to AND just as importantly, if not more so, having more time to spend with your wife and young kids because you're not having to attend events for your equipment sponsor.

The 2 Ball being in there is so interesting given all the success he had with the Spider/Ten head shape. The BXS being in there is also an attention getter.

I am guessing that it wasn't his choice to not have a sponsor and that TaylorMade decided not to renew his deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ASN21 said:

I am guessing that it wasn't his choice to not have a sponsor and that TaylorMade decided not to renew his deal. 

Much more likely that TM wanted to keep him but were only willing to do so at a reduced price. Given how much time he's missed with injury recently that'd certainly be understandable, as would be Day not agreeing to a cut in compensation while still having to keep the commitments that would come with that sponsorship.

  • Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fort Worth Pro said:

I know he was not happy with his equipment recently. 

Seems like he hasn't been happy with his "woods" since the M2 days when they had to make the deep face just for him. He loved that Aeroburner 3W and they forced him out of it.

SIM 10.5* Tour AD MDQ 7X

M5 3W ilima 80X

R15 7W BB 93X

U510 4 MMT 105TX

T100s 5-GW MMT 105TX

SM6 56/60 S400

Odyssey Black 1W

VICE Pro Drip

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why players allow manufacturers dictate what they put in their bag is mind boggling. They should be able to play what works for them in that brands arsenal. If I owned a golf company I would want the guy I’m paying millions of dollars to play well. I think that helps sell clubs as they are on TV more. What do I know though. Making them swap out gear and watch them struggle is a bad look. Tmade clubs are gimmicky is Sim 2 really that much better than SIM 1? Highly doubt it. 
 

DJ would prob still have hit V Steal 4 wood if he had his way. If Day wanted to keep an M2 and Aeroburner 3 wood in the bag let him if he plays well. If he stinks up the joint then maybe have a talk with him about changing it up for brand awareness. Why any regular Joe cares what clubs tour pros play makes no sense anyway. Most people can’t break 90 consistently and will never be able to effectively use the equipment a tour pro uses. 
 

How many times have we seen a guy chase the endorsement money and his game goes to hell. I think there should be more bad press when this happens. Hold these guys accountable for their products. Instead they drop a guy like Day who probably hated their new stuff for years. I think it would be hilarious if the top 20 guys on tour got to build their own bag for a day. We would see what they really think. Also time might stop. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are more likely to adjust and play well to newer or different clubs then we can or want too... but i think for sure theyd rather stick in what they feels and plays best for them... i dont know about anyone else but when i hit something i feel looks off or feels off... its very frustrating and even in the event that its just me and not the club my mind and confidence cant get over it and thinks its just the club and it very well may be just the club... example that can go for any club? why else can i smack a 3wood i like perfectly in every way but a 3wood i dont... top, hook, push,top...

Link to post
Share on other sites

i can't imagine any pga player playing something they hate. i also don't know how a equipment company pushes 'newer is better' if their sponsored players are all playing older generations of clubs. 

 

 

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 8:59 AM, texcellence86 said:

Based on the Tuesday Pics from Torrey it looks to be the White Hot OG 2 Ball with the custom mid slant neck we see from time to time.

Amazing to see the continued love for the White Hot/2 Ball.  Can not argue with the ease of alignment.  I guess it's all a matter of what suits your eye.  And gets the ball in the hole...

Ping G400 Max Driver | 9.75° Ventus Blue
Callaway Epic Speed | 15° | Diamana ZF

Callaway Epic Speed | 18° Accra Fx 2.0 200F
Ping G410 3H | 19° Graphite Design IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Srixon ZX4/ZX5 | 5I-6I / 7I-PW LAGP Tour AXS BLUE 105
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° & 54° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway PM Grind 19 | 58° KBS HiRev2.0

Spider X Chalk | Stability Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 4:41 PM, VCGolfer79 said:

Why players allow manufacturers dictate what they put in their bag is mind boggling. They should be able to play what works for them in that brands arsenal. If I owned a golf company I would want the guy I’m paying millions of dollars to play well. I think that helps sell clubs as they are on TV more. What do I know though. Making them swap out gear and watch them struggle is a bad look. Tmade clubs are gimmicky is Sim 2 really that much better than SIM 1? Highly doubt it. 
 

DJ would prob still have hit V Steal 4 wood if he had his way. If Day wanted to keep an M2 and Aeroburner 3 wood in the bag let him if he plays well. If he stinks up the joint then maybe have a talk with him about changing it up for brand awareness. Why any regular Joe cares what clubs tour pros play makes no sense anyway. Most people can’t break 90 consistently and will never be able to effectively use the equipment a tour pro uses. 
 

How many times have we seen a guy chase the endorsement money and his game goes to hell. I think there should be more bad press when this happens. Hold these guys accountable for their products. Instead they drop a guy like Day who probably hated their new stuff for years. I think it would be hilarious if the top 20 guys on tour got to build their own bag for a day. We would see what they really think. Also time might stop. 

 

They need to sell equipment to make money and marketing their players using the newest gear sells, this is proven.

 

Of course the newer stuff won't be much, if any better - but they need to keep the money flowing in and a lot of people are sucked into it, whether they shoot in the 60s or the 90s. 

 

What else are they going to do, tell you not to upgrade and keep what you have.

 

Is a business after all.

 

For me I have tried a lot of the new stuff, but still play my Srixon 745s and some old wedges that I like. I am confident that new gear would not make me any better, but for sure I am in the minority here. 

 

I have an original 2 ball putter, is pretty worn looking - I might treat myself to a new one - not because I think it will make me any better or I need one, but I quite fancy one that looks a bit newer and less worn. I also love the look of the red shaft; there you go it works for me also! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bear87 said:

Amazing to see the continued love for the White Hot/2 Ball.  Can not argue with the ease of alignment.  I guess it's all a matter of what suits your eye.  And gets the ball in the hole...

 

Hearing the Spider is going back in the bag for JDay this week at WMO. We'll see tomorrow for sure though. 

TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5
TaylorMade P770 3-5 Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade MySpider X Black
Taylormade TP5x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 140 replies
    • 2021 Wells Fargo - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #2
       
       

       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters & covers - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      New Ping Glide Forged Pro wedge - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Behind the scenes on the PXG truck - 2021 Wells Fargo
      PXG Gen 4 0311 T & 0311 ST irons - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Jason Day testing a SIK putter with LA Golf shaft - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Scotty Cameron T2 putter - 2021 Wells Fargo
      KH Lee's Odyssey putter - - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Patrick Cantlay's Cameron T-5 - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Rory has the TM "Rors" protos in the bag - 2021 Wells Fargo
       
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • 2021 Valspar Championship - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #8
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #9
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #10
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #11
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Axis 1 Proto - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Jimmy Walker "testing" a LA Golf proto putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Scotty Cameron putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
       
      • 17 replies
    • Post in Ping 2021 Irons
      Victor has i59 in the bag this week!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 17 replies

×
×
  • Create New...