2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Evnroll V Series Putters

Looks like Evnroll is really stepping up the game this year with new head shapes and each head shape having the option of 4 different hosels. 

Cannot wait until these come out. 

Saw the article on another common site that does a lot of unbiased testing, etc............. (don't know if I'm supposed to link articles I'm playing it a little safe here haha)

evnroll3.JPG

evnroll2.JPG

evnroll 1.JPG

Edited by osubuckeyes691
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Custom should also include allowing for sightline or no sightline preferences. At these price points the idea that they can't hold a little additional component inventory really stinks. I genuinely think that the putting manufacturers are missing out on an active/hardcore segment of their market. The idea that Evnroll's blade-style putters don't provide a naked option and/or sightline options is an unforced error --IMHO. Go on Ebay and look at the price points on naked putters. They all go at a premium. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SeaIsland said:

Custom should also include allowing for sightline or no sightline preferences. At these price points the idea that they can't hold a little additional component inventory really stinks. I genuinely think that the putting manufacturers are missing out on an active/hardcore segment of their market. The idea that Evnroll's blade-style putters don't provide a naked option and/or sightline options is an unforced error --IMHO. Go on Ebay and look at the price points on naked putters. They all go at a premium. 

This comment comes up in every putter forum ever in some way shape or form and honestly I just don’t understand it. It really doesn’t make sense for manufacturers to hold additional inventory of every head shape, especially when the majority of golfers (not this site) have no idea if they need a sight line or not. Almost everyone who isn’t terribly informed and will listen to marketing and just go buy it. Or they’ll see it perform well in an equipment test and go buy it. After X years of Y different manufacturers making putters, I think if manufacturers consistently saw returns from making no sight line putters, they would. 

As a manufacturer, I would think it would make a ton of sense to up charge for custom options like sight lines, because people will absolutely pay. To me it’s more crazy that doesn’t happen vs holding additional inventory at the same price point. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

This comment comes up in every putter forum ever in some way shape or form and honestly I just don’t understand it. It really doesn’t make sense for manufacturers to hold additional inventory of every head shape, especially when the majority of golfers (not this site) have no idea if they need a sight line or not. Almost everyone who isn’t terribly informed and will listen to marketing and just go buy it. Or they’ll see it perform well in an equipment test and go buy it. After X years of Y different manufacturers making putters, I think if manufacturers consistently saw returns from making no sight line putters, they would. 

As a manufacturer, I would think it would make a ton of sense to up charge for custom options like sight lines, because people will absolutely pay. To me it’s more crazy that doesn’t happen vs holding additional inventory at the same price point. 

Correct me if I've got your point wrong, but I think you're saying that it should be an option and would be welcomed by a hard core audience like this one (and several other golf-dedicated forums). I'm not a statistician, but I'm reasonably well-versed. If you survey the audience that you mentioned (those who will buy anything), the idea of no sight lines doesn't even register as a meaningful option to them (zero context), so my point is, you don't ask them in the first place.  Ask a hard core audience of golfers whether paint-fill options make more sense than providing sightline options and?  You may well be right about the market size being too small, but I have my doubts and regardless, we're not talking about something that isn't already massively profitable to produce. About a third of the putters sold by at least two well known custom putter makers (you know them --at $600+ a piece) are Answer-style with no sightline. They told me this but, would not say how many they sell (their market size). FTR, I would be happy if Evnroll only provided the option for 1-2 classic blade designs (ER1, 2). I replied to your post because I have reached out to Evnroll several times over the last few years and begged them to provide the no-sightline option. They said "stay tuned." Sorry for the rant! 

Edited by SeaIsland
typo

2 minutes ago, SeaIsland said:

Correct me if I've got your point wrong, but I think you're saying that it should be an option and would be welcomed by a hard core audience like this one (and several other golf-dedicated forums). I'm not a statistician, but I'm reasonably well-versed. If you survey the audience that you mentioned (those who will buy anything), the idea of no sight lines doesn't even register as a meaningful option to them (zero context), so my point is, you don't ask them in the first place.  Ask a hard core audience of golfers whether paint-fill options make more sense than providing sightline options and?  You may well be right about the market size being too small, but I have my doubts and regardless, we're not talking about something that isn't already massively profitable to produce. About a third of the putters sold by at least two well known custom putter makers (you know them --at $600+ a piece) are Answer-style with no sightline. They told me this but, would not say how many they sell (their market size). FTR, I would be happy if Evnroll only provided the option for 1-2 classic blade designs (ER1, 2). I replied to your post because I have reached out to Evnroll several times over the last few years and begged them to provide the no-sightline option. The said stay tuned. Sorry for the rant! 

I completely understand what you’re saying. The point I was trying to make is that the majority of Evnroll’s sales, or any company, comes from users well outside of golf forums. Yes, almost everyone on this site knows the differences and cares about site lines and aim bias, but I can only imagine we make up an INCREDIBLY small percentage of their overall sales. 

Golf companies have to cater to the masses. It’s their best way to make money, and honestly that is their goal. They don’t care to get us products we want. They care about profits. Holding additional inventory = less profits.  That’s just the way I see it, of course. 

But again, it’s crazy every company won’t offer the option to customize for $100 (or whatever) extra because I def think there is the audience that will pay 

The biggest hole in the Evnroll lineup has been the 40+ degree toe hang putter. The only model offered with more than 35 degrees of toe hang was the #9 style mid mallet. So it's nice that you'll be able to put together a putter with more toe hang.

The interchangeable hosel thing is interesting. Yes! released a line of adjustable hosel putters late in their life. I wonder if you'll be able to swap out and experiment with neck designs after purchase. I also wonder if it'll change the feel/sound any.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

59 minutes ago, webber said:

Any reason why these putters don’t get any play on your?

I think it’s a feel thing. The Evnroll putters I’ve tried all felt hard and made an odd sound at impact.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

8 hours ago, webber said:

Sound and feel are subjective, I have only hit one EVNRL that felt hard, and that after talking with Guerin was the bar of metal and how the grain was aligned when milling that caused that problem and was fixed after the first year of release.  Yes how the grain is aligned when milling a putter can influence sound/feel/vibration.  

Guerin doesn't pay players either, which is the biggest downside.  He didn't used to have a PGA Tour presence for the first couple of years either, he may now, I haven't talked to him in at least three years about that.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Any chance they will make Armlock variants of these?  I once had a Tour Issue Armlock ER6 -- and I regret selling it.  I never see these putters in armlock style.

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

3 minutes ago, Qwiklap said:

Any chance they will make Armlock variants of these?  I once had a Tour Issue Armlock ER6 -- and I regret selling it.  I never see these putters in armlock style.

I think they do a midlock which is similar to an armlock. The "other site" has an article on them.

Really interested in checking these out....always liked the look of the ER5, but wished it had a slant neck.  Happy that will be an option now!

Driver:  Ping G410 SFT w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff

3 Wood:  Ping G410 SFT w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 70 Stiff

5 Wood:   Ping G410 SFT w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 70 Stiff

Utility:  Titleist U-510 4 iron w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 HY 5.5

Irons:  Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-GW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 R300

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM7 54*10S and 58*10S w/ Dynamic Gold 105 R300

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7s w/ Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 1.0

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC +4 Align (Driver-GW) and Golf Pride MCC +4 (SW & LW)

Ball:  Vice Pro

Being an armlock user I don’t know how I’ll be able to keep myself from ordering an 11v Midlock

On 1/5/2021 at 4:53 AM, webber said:

On 1/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, littletimbo182 said:

My guess is that they are much more precise then we are on striking putts and they don’t see the help from technology as much as an amateur would.

I think it's down to the putters giving off a different distance than expected from centre strikes, the average tour player has so little down time they've very little time (or willingness) to re-learn distances (as they're so ingrained). It's one of the reasons why shafts in irons remain constant for most players, when technology has improved graphite shafts so much (and they've had relatively little adoption).

Yes, better players strike putts more consistently, but putter technology would help in most cases, they just need time to get used to the new output. I can imagine players rolling a few (and they end up short) and leaving them practice-green-side.

4 hours ago, stockmd16 said:

Do you know how this compares to the ER10? 

I had the 10 but it felt a tad different to me and I didn’t like the wings.  To me the 11 is by far better and the feel is amazing.  Depending on the hosel you get it can have toe hang or face balanced.  Can’t go wrong with an 11

• Like 1

Guerin had a really good interview with the boys on The Full equipped podcast on how putter making is taking designs from companies that work and making your own change to them to make them that much better. It’s not about being a copycat but helping forward putting in its self. That being said that ER11 is a wonderful upgrade of the Ping Ketsch 

Ping G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Venus TR Black 7-X

Taylormade  Stealth 3HL/16.5 16.5 Tour AD DI 9x

Taylormade Stealth 7/21  Project X Tour Issue 10A2 7.0

Srixon ZX Utility 3/20 Nippon Modus 130x

Srixon ZX7 MK II 4-9 Nippon Modus 130X

Cleveland RTX 6 48/8, 54/8, 60/06 PX 6.5

Evnroll ER2v Midlock 41"

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Imagine the engineers at Ping right now, looking at that 11v. I hope their lawyers are getting warmed up.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

15 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Imagine the engineers at Ping right now, looking at that 11v. I hope their lawyers are getting warmed up.

Na. 

Everyone borrows everyone’s designs. It’s not like Ping didn’t rip off Machine’s VMG grooves a few years back. The Tyne certainly is their version of Odyssey’s #7. Etc. etc. 

1 hour ago, Green Valley said:

Have you rolled it? How long is the M idlock putter?

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/video-evnroll-vseries-midlock/
@Green Valley: Video in the above Link = gives more details on the Evnroll 11v/ MidLock putter.
(Note: You will need to edit the Link, to replace the "Not allowed because of spam" prefix ... with "M.G...S.." )

Edited by JungleJimbo

On 1/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, Scotty1140 said:

Na. 

Everyone borrows everyone’s designs. It’s not like Ping didn’t rip off Machine’s VMG grooves a few years back. The Tyne certainly is their version of Odyssey’s #7. Etc. etc. 

I am not sure but I believe the infringement for Ping's TR grooves was against EVNROLL and they settled.  I am not sure where I read this, or heard it.  It may have been in an in person conversation with Guerin or via email with him awhile back, or I may have heard it from someone on here.  I remember this either way though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One