2 hours ago, headcase59 said:

UGH!  I'm a mess on the driver shaft front now.  Have a TSI3 head sitting on my work bench right now.  Trying to decide on a shaft for it.  Tipped Ventus Red 6X just really sounds interesting.  I'm nervous however as the only Ventus I've hit was a stiff blue in a Sim head.  It felt a little all over the place to me.  Granted I generally play an X flex because I feel that I get better dispersion with them.  Its probably just in my head but I just feel more comfortable that way.  

Man! I really want to try the Ventus Red 6X tipped now!!!

Was it the stock Ventus blue or the the VB w/Velocore?  The aftermarket version with the Velocore makes a huge difference IMO.  I tried the SIM with the stock VB and it was bad dispersion wise.  Spin numbers were also way too high. 

TM SIM 9* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

Vega VDC-01 4i w/Recoil Proto 125 F5

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please trust us, it is a VENTUS Black 6-X. He is experimenting with longer length in the VENTUS compared to the speeder.    negative    

Great to see this conversation going guys! We love it when the community is super engaged about Fuji products and Tour usage! So we thank you for that. We noticed a few things along the way that we co

We do not, nor would we be able to share build specs on here sorry. Also you guys with this "purple" concept....🤣

Posted Images

2 hours ago, headcase59 said:

UGH!  I'm a mess on the driver shaft front now.  Have a TSI3 head sitting on my work bench right now.  Trying to decide on a shaft for it.  Tipped Ventus Red 6X just really sounds interesting.  I'm nervous however as the only Ventus I've hit was a stiff blue in a Sim head.  It felt a little all over the place to me.  Granted I generally play an X flex because I feel that I get better dispersion with them.  Its probably just in my head but I just feel more comfortable that way.  

You are a mess.  Living up to your handle right now, haha...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Hybrid Evenflow Riptide 85H 6.5
PXG 0311X 4 Utility Iron Nippon Pro Modus 3 105S

Titleist T100-S 5-W(48*)Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S
Cobra King Black 52* Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S

Cobra King Black 58* Nippon Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

12 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

The 'preview' screenshot on the TXG tipping video is showing 0" and 2" of tipping on the Ventus Red IIRC.

So looking at that image and this one - it looks like JT may only be 1" or 1.5" tipped.

The TXG video preview shows Ventus shafts with Taylormade sleeves which are shorter than a Titleist sleeve with the long ferrule that they use. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Valtiel said:

The Ventus Red isn't even a particularly "launch friendly" profile despite its color association and marketing. It is extremely similar to the Mitsubishi White profile, just a touch softer. Tipping it heavily would make it perform similarly. 

Pretty accurate statement. Here is a comparison of the Ventus Red 6x and the Mitsubishi Tensei White Pro 60 TX. 

Screenshot_20210108-204153~2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, headcase59 said:

When tested the TMAG set up , was it a Velcore or stock shaft?

im a firm believer there are profiles that we all gravitate too dependent on the player , and a cpm or flex that fits our physical capabilities along with length.  —— what’s tough there , are no API , or ASTM, standards in shafts, on co X is another S, I’ve cpm some off the rack shafts and gotten some substantially variable CPM readings within a class of flex.   

**if that was a stock shaft not quite the same performance ***

Once those parameters are achieved ; IMOP like a putter , shafts in general  are a personal preference on feel and how you ink out those last couple yard bc it feels powerful or stable during the swing and in the hands, delivering the ball to as center of a strike as possible. 

I tipped a red 9x 2” , do it , you only live once.   It’s not all of the sudden going to be unplayable, 1” tipping most shafts roughly a half flex stiffer. (Very very general)

Edited by drbonesvt

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

4 minutes ago, ivygynonc said:

can you get an idea of the tipping by looking at where the 'velcore' label is in relation to the adapter?

Posted earlier - est between 1 to 2” 

• Like 1

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0

We are always trying to quantify vs qualify 

numbers seem short but I think there was high wind last year but could try to compare (viable is atmospheric and agronomy conditions) and pga data available unsure of the validity 

End of the week compare 

FC16F1F5-DD6D-4746-9FA1-252A8C6A844F.jpeg.5320b8cf6226d82e65f5cc8b256a0954.jpeg48A3CB0F-E291-4486-B302-DB8FC83DB4C6.jpeg.6ee37f8ae3b52ec61f57bb68045b3868.jpeg

36 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

When tested the TMAG set up , was it a Velcore or stock shaft?

im a firm believer there are profiles that we all gravitate too dependent on the player , and a cpm or flex that fits our physical capabilities along with length.  —— what’s tough there , are no API , or ASTM, standards in shafts, on co X is another S, I’ve cpm some off the rack shafts and gotten some substantially variable CPM readings within a class of flex.   

**if that was a stock shaft not quite the same performance ***

Once those parameters are achieved ; IMOP like a putter , shafts in general  are a personal preference on feel and how you ink out those last couple yard bc it feels powerful or stable during the swing and in the hands, delivering the ball to as center of a strike as possible. 

I tipped a red 9x 2” , do it , you only live once.   It’s not all of the sudden going to be unplayable, 1” tipping most shafts roughly a half flex stiffer. (Very very general)

I'm a little behind on the Ventus hype so I was not really aware that the stock Ventus in a TM driver is basically a different shaft.  That has to be why I felt what I did.  Thanks for the heads up.  

I feel the whole shaft tipping thing has started to really change over the last couple years.  I remember when it was thought that tipping a shaft was pretty risky and that even an inch was gonna make the shaft play like rebar.  In college I once took a proforce 75 stiff (aging myself with that reference) and tipped the hell out of it.  Maxed out the parallel tip section and put it in a 5 wood that was $$$$.  Everybody thought I was crazy.  

On 1/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, hwturner17 said:

Wish a mere mortal could order the TSI3 directly from Titleist with a ventus. Local store looked up the premium shaft offerings and it was no one to be found

they don’t even offer it at TPI

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

45 minutes ago, cota0429 said:

they don’t even offer it at TPI

Titleist doesn't offer the most popular shaft on the market?  You serious?

Ping G410LST 9* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

13 minutes ago, J13 said:

It's available. 

ventus2.PNG

ventus.PNG

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

10 hours ago, J13 said:

I was referring to the red 

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

On 1/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, The Mad Bomber said:

It is kinda lame. I went to a fitter and tried a load of different shafts. My TSi3 went from $750 to $1050 (CDN) in a heartbeat with the $400 shaft upgrade. Would have been nice to get a bit of a break on the whole thing straight from Titleist like they're doing with the Graphite Design shafts.

Same.  Would be nice if there was a reasonable up charge.

Sim 9* Graphite Design ad-xc 6s

M6 3 wood Oban Purp

M6 5 wood Graphite Design ad-di 7s

Srixon z785 nippon modus 105s

Mizuno t-20 50, 54, 58

TM spider x

Snell MTBX

🐊

I may be the only guy not tipping the red 6x

Though, not gonna lie, I am pounding my AD XC 6x right now, wonder how that profile compares to the red?  

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Blueboard ion 73x G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* KK Slvr 80x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M, & Vokey Special 60*P

Scotty GoLo 7

On 1/8/2021 at 3:14 AM, Valtiel said:

The Ventus Red isn't even a particularly "launch friendly" profile despite its color association and marketing. It is extremely similar to the Mitsubishi White profile, just a touch softer. Tipping it heavily would make it perform similarly. 

If that were the case then we likely would not see him constantly switching back and forth. He'd likely just stick with the "Ventus" is it were just a repaint. 

So im a bit confused on this. Ive seen people compare it to white profiles, and say its similar...but yet TXG said this red tipped version really hits home with the blueboard lovers. Which JT always has been. I typically dont get along with the white profiles, as i dont really like a butt soft feeling. I have also seen people say the ventus BLUE is actually similar to the white profile and i have hit the blue, and to me it felt butt soft. Since Ive always loved the blue profile, and a stiffer handle with a little kick in the mid. I was considering giving the Ventus Red, especially after txgs tipping “purple” video,  but now im not so sure. 

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2

The way he’s driving it, no informercial happening soon 😂

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

On 1/9/2021 at 1:36 AM, GolfTurkey said:

Yep, but his ball striking was generally off. He sculled a 3 wood on one par 5 and hit a really bad iron on 18 so I’m not sure whether we should read too much into it.

That’s very typical JT. He is honestly not a great driver of the golf ball. He likes to hit a fade but it turns regularly into a double cross.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

10 minutes ago, Mookie91 said:

The way he’s driving it, no informercial happening soon 😂

A few of those bad shots have not been exclusive to the driver.  Pretty amazing that he is still in it going into Sunday.  Especially after Friday's ball striking display.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

It’s tipped 1-1.5” at most. JT’s backswing leads to his poor driving.  Not much depth with hands

Ping G410LST 9* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

7 hours ago, Red4282 said:

So im a bit confused on this. Ive seen people compare it to white profiles, and say its similar...but yet TXG said this red tipped version really hits home with the blueboard lovers. Which JT always has been. I typically dont get along with the white profiles, as i dont really like a butt soft feeling. I have also seen people say the ventus BLUE is actually similar to the white profile and i have hit the blue, and to me it felt butt soft. Since Ive always loved the blue profile, and a stiffer handle with a little kick in the mid. I was considering giving the Ventus Red, especially after txgs tipping “purple” video,  but now im not so sure. 

I played the red for a full year.  Up until recently.  It’s an animal to itself.  I tried to like the blue.  But don’t.  It has too soft of a handle and yet no kick into the ball. The red is the best shaft of the 3 in my opinion . Definitely a sleeper. Don’t let JT turn you off.  If I hadn’t happened across better face angle and launch numbers from a different combo , I’d still be playing it.  I could have easily moved the Red over to the callaway head end been good.  But when you find that blessed deal , you don’t go messing with it.  So I got rid of the temptation to keep testing.  

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Pxg Gen 2 0317X 3h  kbs 95 s+ 

Titleist T100 [email protected]*  modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft.