JT with a Ventus in the Tsi3?

6 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

That gets my attention as I game a kk dc 70tx and the red peaked my interests. I have 2 Aldila rogue white 60&70tx to test but seeing your numbers coming from the kk profile is something to take notice in. Ventus red staying in the bag now?

I think I will end up playing the Red, but I am still going to continue testing through the winter months.  I can say I tend to prefer the feel of the red.  Both shafts feel very stable, but the red has a little more pronounced kick than the black.  With the numbers, though, I could game either.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr3 9* / Ventus Blue TR 6X
Titleist TSr2 16.5* / Ventus Blue TR 8X
Titleist TSr2 21* / Ventus Red TR 8X
Titliest T200 4 / KBS Tour X

Titleist T100 5-9 / KBS Tour X
Titleist Vokey SM8 48*F / DG TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 52*F / DG TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 56*S / DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K(Low Bounce) / DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

9 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

I think I will end up playing the Red, but I am still going to continue testing through the winter months.  I can say I tend to prefer the feel of the red.  Both shafts feel very stable, but the red has a little more pronounced kick than the black.  With the numbers, though, I could game either.

Makes sense. Both numbers look great but the launch and spin numbers in the red are real solid. I might have to give one a look if I get rid of some shafts I have

2 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Did you think the XC and Ventus Red felt similar?  Good to know they were producing similar numbers. I’m interested in the red, but I’m pounding my XC right now. It’s a great shaft- underrated, IMO.

I recall the Red feeling a bit more loosey goosey through impact. I'd lose the feeling of where the clubhead was at. The XC was a touch more stable, but still pretty smooth overall.

2 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Did you think the XC and Ventus Red felt similar?  Good to know they were producing similar numbers. I’m interested in the red, but I’m pounding my XC right now. It’s a great shaft- underrated, IMO.

I recall the Red feeling a bit more loosey goosey through impact. I'd lose the feeling of where the clubhead was at. The XC was a touch more stable, but still pretty smooth overall.

15 hours ago, slookx24 said:

All this just goes to show that no matter how a shaft is marketed or whatever your assumptions are, you won't really know for sure how a shaft performs with your swing and/or a certain driver head until you actually go get fitted and see for yourself. 

YES. This.

• Like 4

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

19 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Sweet! Just ordered a Ventus Red for my 3 wood to try, not knowing the profile comparisons. Played Tensei Pro White 70TX in 3 wood for the past two years. This year I switched down to a 13.5 head and I like it but after no gym time for a year, the White in TX is a little hefty. I was thinking, hey, I'll give the Red a shot and maybe I'll get a bit more launch and spin. I like to buy and try and resell rather than getting fit sometimes. I got the 7S. Now, a totally out of left field impulse buy/project is looking like it may be a pretty good fit since I really enjoy the Whiteboard profile. The Black in 6S is really working great in my driver. Maybe I'll have to get a new hybrid with the Blue and then I'll have the full rainbow of Ventus. 

I played the Diamana Blueboard 83 x5ct in driver for the longest time.  That shaft had great feel.   Also, Project X6C12 Tour Issue and Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec for quite sometime before moving to Ventus Velocore Red in Driver and WD back in 1/20.

Also, have the Ventus Velocore Red 7-S @42.75" in my 4wd, soon to be in new 3wd.  I was amazed at how different Blue feels; it's for that really odd guy. LOL

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

51 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

I played the Diamana Blueboard 83 x5ct in driver for the longest time.  That shaft had great feel.   Also, Project X6C12 Tour Issue and Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec for quite sometime before moving to Ventus Velocore Red in Driver and WD back in 1/20.

Also, have the Ventus Velocore Red 7-S @42.75" in my 4wd, soon to be in new 3wd.  I was amazed at how different Blue feels; it's for that really odd guy. LOL

You mind going into further detail? I was an OG blueboard 83 guy too... how does the ventus red and blue compare for you?

29 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

You mind going into further detail? I was an OG blueboard 83 guy too... how does the ventus red and blue compare for you?

I had White and Redboard shafts, and still have the Blueboard. 

The handle/butt section of Ventus Red is like Ventus Black and quite similar to handle/butt of Diamana Blueboard.  Ventus Red has a firm mid-section to go with its 3.5T stiff tip.  Blueboard has 3.0T - both have 3" tip sections.

Of the Diamana Board series, Blueboard has a mid-high bend; said to be the stiffest of the three Board shafts.  Most important about Ventus Red it's NOTHING like any of the active tip section shafts out there, including Diamana Redboard, and it's active tip.  Ventus Blue is IMO quite similar to Diamana Whiteboard, soft handle - stiff tip. 

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

9 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

The handle/butt section of Ventus Red is like Ventus Black and quite similar to handle/butt of Diamana Blueboard.  Ventus Red has a firm mid-section to go with its 3.5T stiff tip.  Blueboard has 3.0T - both have 3" tip sections.

Of the Diamana Board series, Blueboard has a mid-high bend; said to be the stiffest of the three Board shafts.  Most important about Ventus Red it's NOTHING like any of the active tip section shafts out there, including Diamana Redboard, and it's active tip.  Ventus Blue is IMO quite similar to Diamana Whiteboard, soft handle - stiff tip. 

Thanks. I thought i was crazy. On paper, it is not so...But it certainly didnt feel that way. 

Just now, Red4282 said:

Thanks. I thought i was crazy. On paper, it is not so...But it certainly didnt feel that way. 

Depends on how our swings evolve with time. 

Though the DBB is similar to V-Red shaft, there's a difference swinging an 83 gram shaft like DBB as opposed to a V-Red 71g stiff shaft like I have in my 4wd.  Last time I tested DBB was two years ago.  I stuck it in my driver to see how I'd do.  Even though I hit it straight, it was too heavy, probably cost me 20yrds in distance.  While Ventus Velocore Red 7-S (71g) in my 4wd feels great. 

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

35 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Depends on how our swings evolve with time. 

Though the DBB is similar to V-Red shaft, there's a difference swinging an 83 gram shaft like DBB as opposed to a V-Red 71g stiff shaft like I have in my 4wd.  Last time I tested DBB was two years ago.  I stuck it in my driver to see how I'd do.  Even though I hit it straight, it was too heavy, probably cost me 20yrds in distance.  While Ventus Velocore Red 7-S (71g) in my 4wd feels great. 

The OG 83 wasnt 83 grams though. The x flex was 79g i believe and the stiff was even less.. but yes i understand what you mean. My stock weight shaft now is 77g so going to 72g might be welcome as im getting a littler older.

Just now, Red4282 said:

The OG 83 wasnt 83 grams though. The x flex was 79g i believe and the stiff was even less.. but yes i understand what you mean. My stock weight shaft now is 77g so going to 72g might be welcome as im getting a littler older.

The spec sheet on my DBB "S" say it's 78grams.  I have spec data on nearly every shaft I bought or played, every set of irons, wedges, etc in my golf storage garage.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

5 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

According to the data that I have on S3 shaft profiling the XC 6 X and Ventus Rex 6X are very very similar in launch

• Like 1

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

19 hours ago, slookx24 said:

A couple months ago, I had a proper driver fitting as I wanted a shaft upgrade for my Ping G410 LST with a Tour AD GP I was playing at the time. After 2 hours, my fitter and I narrowed our shaft options down to 2 clear winners that were giving me my optimal numbers. In fact, they were pretty much identical. The 2 shafts were the Tour AD XC 7x and Ventus Red 7x. 

I also was under the impression that the Ventus Red was a high launch/mid-spin shaft and was skeptical when my fitter had me try it. Quickly I realized my assumptions were totally wrong. I ended up going with the AD XC because it was noticeably lower in price than the Ventus while giving me the same numbers. All this just goes to show that no matter how a shaft is marketed or whatever your assumptions are, you won't really know for sure how a shaft performs with your swing and/or a certain driver head until you actually go get fitted and see for yourself. 

This is interesting   I still have a AD GP black and still have a hard time keeping it out of the bag.  I had the AD XC when the TSi3 first came out and really think I gave up on it too soon.  I may have to try and find another one...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

6 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

I agree with the comments about the active tip sections typical of older red profiles vs the Ventus Red, but all the graphics and data I posted earlier in the thread were meant to show how the comparison between the Ventus Blue and Whiteboard profiles are completely different. Fuji's marketing terms are extremely misleading, the Ventus Blue is a classic Blueboard profile, and the Ventus Red is extremely similar to the Whiteboard profile.

Also, neither the Blue nor the Black share any similarities in the handle with typical Blueboard shafts. Blueboard type profiles are defined by high butt stiffness and rapid stiffness loss towards the mid section (like the Ventus Blue). The Black and the Red are the opposite with much less stiffness loss towards the mid section, typical of Whiteboard type profiles. 

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

The red train is going strong.. wow.. pretty funny and cool to see everyone excited about this one..

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Funny how people see stuff like this on Tour & think .... "Hey yeah, sounds like a good idea for me.  I'll tip my shaft the same."   Cause you really have the same swing as JT.  C'mon .... just get fit, would ya 🙂

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

11 hours ago, Valtiel said:

I agree with the comments about the active tip sections typical of older red profiles vs the Ventus Red, but all the graphics and data I posted earlier in the thread were meant to show how the comparison between the Ventus Blue and Whiteboard profiles are completely different. Fuji's marketing terms are extremely misleading, the Ventus Blue is a classic Blueboard profile, and the Ventus Red is extremely similar to the Whiteboard profile.

Also, neither the Blue nor the Black share any similarities in the handle with typical Blueboard shafts. Blueboard type profiles are defined by high butt stiffness and rapid stiffness loss towards the mid section (like the Ventus Blue). The Black and the Red are the opposite with much less stiffness loss towards the mid section, typical of Whiteboard type profiles. 

This right here.  ☝️

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

I think the Red gets overlooked by fitters as well. When I got fit into the red I actually had to ask to try it and I felt like the fitter was surprised at how it preformed versus other Ventus lines. Granted the experience and knowledge of the fitter plays into this as well but I think this thread could introduce a new tool in the tool box for some. I do agree with some other posts on here that the “color” profile is not necessarily the source of truth always.

23 hours ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

I thought I would share this as I was in the same place as a few others on this thread.  I wanted to try a Ventus in my Titleist TS3.  I was coming from a Kuro Kage DC 70TX.  So I originally bought the Ventus Black 6X, but then bought the Ventus Red 6X as curiosity got the best of me.  The photos below are a recent simulator session here in Ohio as it is way too cold to be outside.  Granted I only have two photos, but can say they are a good representation of the numbers I was getting throughout.

Ventus Red

image.png.7830267eb83ffc6afaef70df8c9b20b7.png

Ventus Black

image.png.0a25cdf4cf31e4b0f8f5249322127906.png

But look at the offline stat.  If those numbers are what you were seeing i'm assuming you went with the black? 

Edited by J13

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

18 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Thanks for the input.  The reality is I don't bother with charts or graphics to maintain my beliefs when it comes to shafts or club-heads.  It's too easy to misconstrue the data and how that data may or may not fit our big-picture swing mechanics on the golf course.   Given that I own all the Diamana shafts, hit all the Ventus shafts in question, and own two of them, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your interpretation.  I trust my judgment first because of my years of experience.

I don't depend on LM data to pick shafts either.  I choose to buy a golf shaft or club and test it mostly during play to see how it works with my mechanics and the game's pressure.  A golf shaft either works, or it doesn't.  Last weekend I bought an iron shaft to test in my 3i.  I used it multiple times and didn't like how it felt, yet it was straight; I had it pulled and bought another shaft and put it in the head.  I used it in a subsequent round five times, and its performance was terrific; I even picked up yardage each time.  I pushed it to my max too, and now going to buy 2-PW set.

Charts are outstanding; we use them in business all the time, except I don't always align my management decisions with what the data suggests.  Data doesn't take into account all influencing factors, my years of experience, or, in this case, my understanding of my mechanics and what feels right.  Then there's also this: IF anyone buys a shaft because of charts and graphs or the influence of a fitter, there's a good chance he/she does what many people do after a fitting; they show up on Golfwrx or some golf board saying they don't feel comfortable with what was fit to them.  Guess someone misinterpreted the data.  But thanks for sharing.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

4 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Thanks for the input.  The reality is I don't bother with charts or graphics to maintain my beliefs when it comes to shafts or club-heads.  It's too easy to misconstrue the data and how that data may or may not fit our big-picture swing mechanics on the golf course.   Given that I own all the Diamana shafts, hit all the Ventus shafts in question, and own two of them, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your interpretation.  I trust my judgment first because of my years of experience.

I don't depend on LM data to pick shafts either.  I choose to buy a golf shaft or club and test it mostly during play to see how it works with my mechanics and the game's pressure.  A golf shaft either works, or it doesn't.  Last weekend I bought an iron shaft to test in my 3i.  I used it multiple times and didn't like how it felt, yet it was straight; I had it pulled and bought another shaft and put it in the head.  I used it in a subsequent round five times, and its performance was terrific; I even picked up yardage each time.  I pushed it to my max too, and now going to buy 2-PW set.

Charts are outstanding; we use them in business all the time, except I don't always align my management decisions with what the data suggests.  Data doesn't take into account all influencing factors, my years of experience, or, in this case, my understanding of my mechanics and what feels right.  Then there's also this: IF anyone buys a shaft because of charts and graphs or the influence of a fitter, there's a good chance he/she does what many people do after a fitting; they show up on Golfwrx or some golf board saying they don't feel comfortable with what was fit to them.  Guess someone misinterpreted the data.  But thanks for sharing.

Picking a shaft based on feel and results is obviously the way to go, but there is a point where claims made about a shaft's profile based on your personal feel can be disproven. This is not my interpretation, this is measured data that contradicts Fuji's vague handle/mid/tip adjectives, which you yourself posted above. I question your interpretation of what you feel because it also happens to line up exactly with what Fuji claims, but is not supported by any other 3rd party EI profile measurement and is even contradicted by their OWN EI profile displayed on the Ventus shaft page. 

Again, results are results, I obviously won't dispute that when it comes to your game, but the Black and Red are not like Blueboards, and the Blue is not like a White, no amount of your personal experience changes that. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

4 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Picking a shaft based on feel and results is obviously the way to go, but there is a point where claims made about a shaft's profile based on your personal feel can be disproven. This is not my interpretation, this is measured data that contradicts Fuji's vague handle/mid/tip adjectives, which you yourself posted above. I question your interpretation of what you feel because it also happens to line up exactly with what Fuji claims, but is not supported by any other 3rd party EI profile measurement and is even contradicted by their OWN EI profile displayed on the Ventus shaft page. 

Again, results are results, I obviously won't dispute that when it comes to your game, but the Black and Red are not like Blueboards, and the Blue is not like a White, no amount of your personal experience changes that. 

I am NOT going to argue with you.  Believe what you chose.  Even if you think Fuji and I are wrong.  I trust Fuji's chart, as it aligns with my experience with the shafts. 

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

17 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

I agree with the above.  No better way to test something than using it in the field for its intended purpose.  In regards to golf equipment, I've found hitting 30 drives in a row on a trackman is not a good indicator of success for a particular setup.  Fittings have value should be where the decisions are made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

18 hours ago, Valtiel said:

I think both of you have good and valid points, but  every experience i have had with a “white” profile has been butt soft, or felt somewhat loose in my hands. Where as nearly every blue profile i have had is very stable in the hands but has the looser feeling in the mid/tip area. Thats whats confusing for me as I did not get the “blue” feeling for me when i tried it. Im not one to ever argue with a chart with actual measurements, but for whatever reason, the ventus seems to have something a little different going on, as Im not the only one who felt the same things. I need to go and hit them again, validation is poisoning my head. 

The blue does feel a bit different when compared to a Diamana Blueboard, Tensei Pro Blue and an AD-DI, but Russ Ryden's measurements definitively show that it is a "soft mid" that generally falls in to the "Blueboard" profile.   

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

13 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I think both of you have good and valid points, but  every experience i have had with a “white” profile has been butt soft, or felt somewhat loose in my hands. Where as nearly every blue profile i have had is very stable in the hands but has the looser feeling in the mid/tip area. Thats whats confusing for me as I did not get the “blue” feeling for me when i tried it. Im not one to ever argue with a chart with actual measurements, but for whatever reason, the ventus seems to have something a little different going on, as Im not the only one who felt the same things. I need to go and hit them again, validation is poisoning my head. 

The Ventus Blue does seem to lose stiffness a little faster than something like the AD-DI. 

1009199954_ScreenShot2021-01-14at9_36_13PM.png.b8f7d964f4c91d5ae5c4a07abaf413d3.png

It could be that faster stiffness loss from 38" -> 24" that you were feeling. An interesting observation about handle stiffness and perception, the old "Big Bad Low Spin Shaft" thread had a number of written shaft reviews from testers, and several of them made a note of preferring the CK Pro Orange over the CK Pro White because "they didn't like that soft handle feel" and that the Orange was more stable. This I believe was before EI Profile info had been released for the Orange, but there was the expectation that the White was a "White" profile...

1111043579_ScreenShot2021-01-14at9_32_12PM.png.f2c7fe6cd693cfb4e9ccc0b95a224404.png

...which ended up not quite being true. The Pro White went stiffer in the handle and Orange went softer. Since these reviewers were all fast and around scratch or better, I imagine they had to be feeling something. I think fluctuations in stiffness from one zone to the next relative to the taper of a linear shaft and handle/mid torque are two factors we tend to ignore in favor of just simple CPM stiffness. The Pro White is stiffer in the handle, but also higher in torque. So while the Pro Orange is measurably softer in terms of CPM, it is lower in torque. And class for class, heavier shafts are almost always going to have lower torque, so if torque plays a component in handle feel then going down in weight class will always result in an otherwise softer feeling handle. Combine that with the often noticeable CPM stiffening in the handle of heavier class shafts and you have another explanation. The Ventus Red we've been talking about has very low butt torque as well

Then the idea that zone to zone stiffness is maybe perceived more by harder, more aggressive swingers. I think it would be very interesting to blind test these things to see what is and is not perceived. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bridgestone 

16 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Great to see this conversation going guys! We love it when the community is super engaged about Fuji products and Tour usage! So we thank you for that. We noticed a few things along the way that we could address as hopefully it helps clarify things.

We don’t want to get too in the weeds with some of these posts as there is definitely some misinformation here and there. So as a friendly reminder – we build golf shafts with the intent of them being custom fit and built by our dealers for golfers. So our product marketing is primarily geared towards our dealers. Additionally, everything is relative. So what we mean by that is you cannot simply compare a blue ATMOS to a blue VENTUS to a blue diamana to a blue tensei. Everything is relative to the line, meaning the Red VENTUS launches slightly higher than the Blue so we’re doing our best to guide clubfitters through a color cue. An example relevant to this thread: VENTUS Red does not directly compare to ATMOS TS Red, but rather VENTUS Red is closest to ATMOS TS Blue. Fun Fact alert! So keep this in mind when you’re looking at shafts as you can’t automatically assume since you’re a “blue profile player” that VENTUS Blue is for you.

When it comes to shaft weight, we use numbers like 5,6 and 7 to designate the “class” it is in. If we wanted to specify the exact weight uncut we would put it on there, but we do not see the value in that. Again the classifications are there for our dealers to quickly recognize that a shaft is in the 50gram range, sub 60. Some are higher in their “class” than others, like VENTUS 5-S is closer to 60g class to achieve the 3.3 deg of torque (blue 5-S).

Ultimately, we do not recommend that golfers purchase a shaft based on EI profiles, specs, charts, Russ Ryden’s website, etc. What is on paper is not necessarily an accurate reflection of the design, feel or performance. A specific example would be thinking “VENTUS blue is a beefed up 757” based on EI profile or specs is inaccurate as they are exceptionally different.

We always recommend you get properly fit and go play golf with it to ensure you like how it feels and performs. So, in conclusion, don’t get too caught up in the numbers, go get fit, play some golf and let us know if you have any questions!

Amazing post and thank you for the clarification and advice.

One quick question. On the charts posted on your website, regarding sectional stiffness...how is that determined? Is it a measurement? A feel? Is it only relative to the shafts in that lineup (like comparing the ventus models against each other, and not against any other model or brand).

The fact that the ventus red is closest to the atmos ts blue is very interesting. Would you say its similar to the motore ts 7.3 as well? One of my all time favorites. Ok, maybe ill go see a fitter 😆