• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please trust us, it is a VENTUS Black 6-X. He is experimenting with longer length in the VENTUS compared to the speeder.    negative    

Great to see this conversation going guys! We love it when the community is super engaged about Fuji products and Tour usage! So we thank you for that. We noticed a few things along the way that we co

I totally understand the confusion since it is a combination of what you said about JT's typical preferences, how Fuji is actually taking a page out of the Graphite Design playbook with their Butt/Mid

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Lol you havent been reading this thread apparently 

I went back and read the thread after I posted this...sadly 

• Haha 1

Ping G410+ 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x

Taylormade Sim Max 15* - Accra TZ6 M4 75 

Titleist TS2 20* - Accra TZ6 M4 85

Taylormade P760 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0

Vokey SM8 - 50* 54* 58*

Taylormade Spider X - 34.75"

Bridgestone Tour B X.

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:39 PM, Mario Good Times said:

I love the red feel.  No problem turning the ball over but I do hit it a little higher then I want, going to try to put in a 8 degree head to see if that will help.  I like the red feel better then the black but the black ball flight better then the red.  

I’m kinda in this boat now, got fit on a trackman and have since played more than a few rounds. Black in driver and red in my fairways. Starting to think I like the red better than the black, which has a noticeably softer feel than red... cause me to get a little wild, like I saw with the Blue during testing. The red seems to be a good fit for me fairways so curious if it would also work on my driver, because on the simulator that particular day I didn’t hit it well. I find when I go after the black the softer feel cause me to get wild, while the red can take whatever I throw at it. The blue was like trying  to crack a whip... great when it worked, not so much most of the time. 

curious what is making you think about switching between the two shafts that I am also stuck between. For some reason the black seems to remind me the blue feel a little too much sometimes. 

4 hours ago, drscott266 said:

I’m kinda in this boat now, got fit on a trackman and have since played more than a few rounds. Black in driver and red in my fairways. Starting to think I like the red better than the black, which has a noticeably softer feel than red... cause me to get a little wild, like I saw with the Blue during testing. The red seems to be a good fit for me fairways so curious if it would also work on my driver, because on the simulator that particular day I didn’t hit it well. I find when I go after the black the softer feel cause me to get wild, while the red can take whatever I throw at it. The blue was like trying  to crack a whip... great when it worked, not so much most of the time. 

curious what is making you think about switching between the two shafts that I am also stuck between. For some reason the black seems to remind me the blue feel a little too much sometimes. 

Try a red tipped a little.  

• Like 1

Mavrik triple diamond 10.5* Diamana TB 70TX 

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensie CK Blue 80 TX  

TM Sim tour 19*  Aldila rogue proto 95TX  

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125TX 

Vokey sm7 50 54 58 MCI 125 mild  

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

On 1/6/2021 at 1:00 AM, MysteryV said:

I'm waiting to see Rahm switch before being convinced it's legit.

J/K - I've owned 4 and they're fantastic. 

I'd bet good money he won't.  Been in his current shaft for a long time, like forever.  

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Posted (edited)

I am going week to week between Ventus Red Velo and Diamana ZF in my two front runner driver heads and loving both.  Honestly I think they both feel super smooth and a touch more stable to the Velocore.  Other than that, they are seemingly delivering very similar results on course week to week (for 8 rounds now). Highly recommend the Velo Red.

To add if you like Velocore Red in your driver, Speeder Evo V 757 is really nice in the 3 wood. Very easy to use similar swing type/tempo for great smooth feel and controlled but mid/high launch. Another highly recommended Fujikura product  

Edited by evoviiiyou
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 5:40 PM, drscott266 said:

I’m curious about you saying the black feels softer than the red or maybe I’m misunderstanding? 

17 minutes ago, bjno1300 said:

I’m curious about you saying the black feels softer than the red or maybe I’m misunderstanding? 

Red doesn't feel as good IMO compared to Black.  Blue probably "feels" the best.  I also think the Black 6X feels more boardy than the 7X.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

11 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

It’s the handle, which I might just be super sensitive to, but the red feels stiffer in the handle to me. The blue feels like a noodle in its handle, and the black felt like a goldy locks during my fitting. On the course I have grown to like the feel the of the red, more so than when I got fit. The numbers were there so I went with it in three wood, carry increased 15 yds for me. I concerned the black in my driver is depending on quite a bit of roll, as I now only typically carry my driver and 3 wood same distance almost (within 10 yds). Roll out can be 30 yards with driver which equates to monster drives for me, but the shaft can feel like it hinges too much on some swings. Don’t get me wrong it’s probably me, but I believe the course is where you see the true results not the trackman. Black feels better than red to me, but it’s sitting hairs. 

Posted (edited)

I jumped on the Ventus train and replaced my ZF 70 TX with a Black 60X in the Ventus and have hit it really well. I have always drove the ball best with stiff tip shafts with my best driving days in the original Grafalloy Blue (also in my mid 20's) and Kuro Kage Dual Core TX which is really tip stiff. 

Edited by JStang

TSi3 TSi3 3 Wood | 818H2 19 Srixon ZX7 4-PW | Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58 | Bettinardi SS28 / DH89 LongNeck

On 5/26/2021 at 6:39 AM, JStang said:

I jumped on the Ventus train and replaced my ZF 70 TX with a Black 60X in the Ventus and have hit it really well. I have always drove the ball best with stiff tip shafts with my best driving days in the original Grafalloy Blue (also in my mid 20's) and Kuro Kage Dual Core TX which is really tip stiff. 

I always thought the same about the Grafalloy blue, but I was corrected directly from True Temper sports in that the blue tip isn't all that stiff, especially compared to other offerings in that era. They actually went so far as to call it a 'softer' tip with the stiffest mid and butt section they could make at that weight. The reason being that a stiff tip would be unusable with the mid and butt design in that shaft. Blew me away to hear that!

No, Blue actually has a softer tip to counteract the extremely stiff butt section.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS BLU 70X
Titleist 909F2 15.5º - OG Grafalloy blue X
Titleist U500 18º HZDRUS Black Smoke RDX 6.5
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
Vokey 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 5:29 AM, TheInfidel said:

I'd bet good money he won't.  Been in his current shaft for a long time, like forever.  

That aldila tour line was pretty good, I use to hit that green shaft pretty well in testing and they aren’t all that expensive. Have one in my three wood from years ago that I still use. They go pretty straight. I need to update my bag though 

I’m wanting to try out a ventus velocore, wish the graphics were a bit cooler though. Kinda plain Jane looking to me but they must perform, Fujikura always makes good shafts, loved then ever since using a speeder tour spec for years

Edited by Redjeep83
8 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I always thought the same about the Grafalloy blue, but I was corrected directly from True Temper sports in that the blue tip isn't all that stiff, especially compared to other offerings in that era. They actually went so far as to call it a 'softer' tip with the stiffest mid and butt section they could make at that weight. The reason being that a stiff tip would be unusable with the mid and butt design in that shaft. Blew me away to hear that!

No, Blue actually has a softer tip to counteract the extremely stiff butt section.

Interesting. You definitely didn't feel much from the shaft which would explain the mid and butt being so stiff.

• Like 1

TSi3 TSi3 3 Wood | 818H2 19 Srixon ZX7 4-PW | Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58 | Bettinardi SS28 / DH89 LongNeck

On 5/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, J13 said:

Red doesn't feel as good IMO compared to Black.  Blue probably "feels" the best.  I also think the Black 6X feels more boardy than the 7X.

Out of curiosity, what's your driver SS?  I never like to buy a shaft unless I've tested it but I bit the bullet 2 weeks ago on a new 46" Black 6x and was really impressed with how smooth it felt (was playing a AD DI at 46" which was tipped 1").  I have a hypothesis on the feels across the Ventus line but I don't think there's an objective way to measure - I think there's probably a SS at which point the "boardy" feel starts to go away and becomes non-existant to a higher SS player.   With my 115mph SS the 6x feels really good, but I suspect I wouldn't have enough speed if someone put 2" tipped 7.0 Green Hulk in my hands!  🤣 

1 minute ago, toddmanley said:

Out of curiosity, what's your driver SS?  I never like to buy a shaft unless I've tested it but I bit the bullet 2 weeks ago on a new 46" Black 6x and was really impressed with how smooth it felt (was playing a AD DI at 46" which was tipped 1").  I have a hypothesis on the feels across the Ventus line but I don't think there's an objective way to measure - I think there's probably a SS at which point the "boardy" feel starts to go away and becomes non-existant to a higher SS player.   With my 115mph SS the 6x feels really good, but I suspect I wouldn't have enough speed if someone put 2" tipped 7.0 Green Hulk in my hands!  🤣 

I'm currently playing ad di as well, it's been good to me but wanting something with a little less kick and more accuracy. 

Just my .02 but the Ventus Red is the absolute worst feeling shaft I have ever hit and I have easily spent $25K on golf shafts in my life. I love the 6X black but the Red is horrific. Hit the 7X in a SIM2 3 wood and I was so disappointed. Currently in a 425 LST with an 85TX orange raw atv and loving it. 

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* open 1* D5SW 45 1/4” PO 60TX tipped 1”
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 43” PO 80TX tipped 1 1/2”
Taylor Made M3 19* 42” PO 90TX tipped 1 1/2” 
Titleist U500 3 iron 40” PO 100TX tipped 1 1/2”
Titleist T100 4-PW PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 52&60 KBS Tour 125
Cameron Pro Platinum Newport2
Titleist ProV1X and left dash 

15 hours ago, ukbigbluechad said:

Just my .02 but the Ventus Red is the absolute worst feeling shaft I have ever hit and I have easily spent $25K on golf shafts in my life. I love the 6X black but the Red is horrific. Hit the 7X in a SIM2 3 wood and I was so disappointed. Currently in a 425 LST with an 85TX orange raw atv and loving it. 

That’s why they make differ to ones. I feel the same way about the black as you do about the red.  The red 7x is a great shaft.  I owned a black and blue 6x as well and hated each. Blue is “ok”.  But the black is simply not a shaft for the guy with a late release and/or doesn’t hit up on it 4-6 degrees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, masegolf1978 said:

On a related note, is he using tsi2 this week?   Drove it ok yesterday, but obviously had a lot of other issues...

Tsi2 is the underrated child of the whole line. I got equal spin numbers compared to tsi3 by going down in loft a degree. But the tsi2 just is so straight.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, J13 said:

This right here.  I went with the Black based on numbers but it just feel good to me which is a bonus.  Blue feels good too but was better suited to be a fairway metal for me.  Tested the Red not too long ago.  Out of all 3, the Black felt the most stable.  None of them felt boardy per se, but they all serve their purpose.  For reference, I had the DI 7x for the longest time and that shaft boardy. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, Redjeep83 said:

I'm currently playing ad di as well, it's been good to me but wanting something with a little less kick and more accuracy. 

I had the DI in my bag for many years.  I feel the same way you do.  DI for me kicked like a mule and was wild.  Hit some of my longest drives with when I did hit it right though.  Less kick and more accuracy for me was the Ventus Black.  You should give it try. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

On 5/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, Redjeep83 said:

That aldila tour line was pretty good, I use to hit that green shaft pretty well in testing and they aren’t all that expensive. Have one in my three wood from years ago that I still use. They go pretty straight. I need to update my bag though 

I’m wanting to try out a ventus velocore, wish the graphics were a bit cooler though. Kinda plain Jane looking to me but they must perform, Fujikura always makes good shafts, loved then ever since using a speeder tour spec for years

Agree 100% @Redjeep83 - bang for buck this is now a pretty great shaft.  They really weren't cheap when they came out but are now much more affordable.  I hit a Tour Green in a tour issue Xhot2 4W and it was sick good.   

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

I just need to convince myself to aim up the left side of the fairway and I'm going to hit a ton of fairways. My ball flight is really consistent with this shaft paired with the TSi3. 

Posted (edited)

JT has the TSi2 in his bag for The Memorial Tournament & he seems to have bit more confidence with it.

Edited by north_east_pro

Titleist TS2 10.5* Driver

Titleist TS2 13.5* Fairway

Titleist TS2 16.5* Fairway

Titleist 716 T-MB 3-4 irons

Titleist 660 5-9 irons

Vokey SM7 Tour Chrome 48* Wedge

Vokey SM Oil Can 54* & 60* Wedges

Scotty Cameron Tour Newport Putter

▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

20 hours ago, north_east_pro said:

JT has the TSi2 in his bag for The Memorial Tournament & he seems to have bit more confidence with it.

Correct, the TSi2 went into the bag last week. Not totally out of the blue for him, he was using the D2 in the 917 era.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Tsi2 is really great. To me it’s  in ping max territory for forgiveness with spin of the LST.

anybody know for sure what shaft he has on the tsi2 ?  Looked like an og flowerband whiteboard to me last week. But I’m not sure  

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Tsi2 is really great. To me it’s  in ping max territory for forgiveness with spin of the LST.

anybody know for sure what shaft he has on the tsi2 ?  Looked like an og flowerband whiteboard to me last week. But I’m not sure  

Diamana ZF, I think.

• Thanks 1

Callaway Mav SZ 3D 9

TaylorMade M3 17.5

Cobra F9 DI 19.5

Yonex CB-301 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50F, 54F, 58T

Odyssey 2Ball Ten WH