Velocore worth it?

randshoe

You can find a ventus for most swings.  Stiffness will be different from a 7x to a 6S or 6R.  

You don't need to swing it 110+ to take advantage of their consistent delivery.

If you're doing a driver fitting most definitely try it out.  Ive been extremely pleased with mine.  It just goes straight and i can deliver the clubhead very consistently. 

I wouldn't just buy one without hitting it first.  Or you can and just but it on BST if you don't like it.  🤣🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

You can find a ventus for most swings.  Stiffness will be different from a 7x to a 6S or 6R.  

You don't need to swing it 110+ to take advantage of their consistent delivery.

If you're doing a driver fitting most definitely try it out.  Ive been extremely pleased with mine.  It just goes straight and i can deliver the clubhead very consistently. 

I wouldn't just buy one without hitting it first.  Or you can and just but it on BST if you don't like it.  🤣🤣

Haha yea good point, thanks nick

If tip stiffness isn’t your thing, you’re most likely going to not get along with a Ventus.  If you’re looking for something low or mid launch with a stable but softer tip, GD has a few different options that could fit.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

3 hours ago, randshoe said:

Hey guys im sure im the 1,000,000th person to ask this. I have an aldilla rogue 110 msi 60x and I feel like its just too tip stiff. Ive been hearing lot of buzz on the Ventus velocore shafts and wanted to hear some opinions on them. Thanks 🙏 

The Ventus blue Velocore is a nice shaft. It does want to go straight. Workable. Doesn’t want to duck hook. It is fairly tip stiff, but the rest of the shaft isn’t too bad. I honestly expected it to be borderline soft based on what I had heard about Blue, but it’s definitely quite stable. I like it certainly more than the Rogue and the Atmos Black. It just seems to respond to off swings and mishits a bit better. We’ll see. I haven’t had mine long. I probably wouldn’t look at an X flex (for me) unless my ball speed was mid 160s+ Mainly because the ball isn’t doing odd things or having excess curvature or timing issues. Ventus has a little flex to it, but never feeling unstable or super kicky. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, winegr said:

The Ventus blue Velocore is a nice shaft. It does want to go straight. Workable. Doesn’t want to duck hook. It is fairly tip stiff, but the rest of the shaft isn’t too bad. I honestly expected it to be borderline soft based on what I had heard about Blue, but it’s definitely quite stable. I like it certainly more than the Rogue and the Atmos Black. It just seems to respond to off swings and mishits a bit better. We’ll see. I haven’t had mine long. I probably wouldn’t look at an X flex (for me) unless my ball speed was mid 160s+ Mainly because the ball isn’t doing odd things or having excess curvature or timing issues. Ventus has a little flex to it, but never feeling unstable or super kicky. 

I disagree with some of this. For me the blue 6S was a hook machine. It felt like a noodle to me.  A tipped blue 6X is far more stout than the 6S. I just did a compare of the blue 6X vs HZRDUS yellow 5.5 & 60 both 60g version. & all 3 shafts gave me similar numbers.  Blue 6X was the easiest to draw in my G410LST.  All swingweights @ D5 , same playing length, adjustable head weight set neutral. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

6 hours ago, winegr said:

I wouldn't say it doesn't want to duck hook, however, I did find my misses which are normally big hooks, to happen less frequently and be much more manageable with the Ventus.  I will agree that it's very stable.  Probably has to do more with the Velocore tech and it being very tip stiff. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

18 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I wouldn't say it doesn't want to duck hook, however, I did find my misses which are normally big hooks, to happen less frequently and be much more manageable with the Ventus.  I will agree that it's very stable.  Probably has to do more with the Velocore tech and it being very tip stiff. 

I’m not saying it can’t be hooked, but that’s not its general tendency for me. I compared directly with my Atmos black on a day my swing was off and the Atmos tended to go low and left with poor results more. Where the Ventus stayed more mid and less left. It seems like based on wrx and YouTube feedback, that’s the consensus for most(Ventus tends toward straight). But I’m sure it’s all about how if fits everyone’s specific swing and timing and flex fit. On TXG, before a head weight adjustment, the Ventus Black hooked more than the Blue for Matt so it’s not purely a stiffness thing. 

I don’t like boardy shafts as much as I used to though or as much as many on wrx who want an aftermarket X flex at 105 mph. 

9 hours ago, juggernaut0629 said:

I disagree with some of this. For me the blue 6S was a hook machine. It felt like a noodle to me.  A tipped blue 6X is far more stout than the 6S. I just did a compare of the blue 6X vs HZRDUS yellow 5.5 & 60 both 60g version. & all 3 shafts gave me similar numbers.  Blue 6X was the easiest to draw in my G410LST.  All swingweights @ D5 , same playing length, adjustable head weight set neutral. 

Interesting thanks for your input

3 hours ago, winegr said:

I’m not saying it can’t be hooked, but that’s not its general tendency for me. I compared directly with my Atmos black on a day my swing was off and the Atmos tended to go low and left with poor results more. Where the Ventus stayed more mid and less left. It seems like based on wrx and YouTube feedback, that’s the consensus for most(Ventus tends toward straight). But I’m sure it’s all about how if fits everyone’s specific swing and timing and flex fit. On TXG, before a head weight adjustment, the Ventus Black hooked more than the Blue for Matt so it’s not purely a stiffness thing. 

I don’t like boardy shafts as much as I used to though or as much as many on wrx who want an aftermarket X flex at 105 mph. 

I liked the launch profile of the rogue at first and I figured with 113 swing speed it would feel like less of a board. I was hoping the Ventus with velocore would offer a bit more forgiveness. Was thinking going with a Blue.  

All Ventus models are tip stiff, even the red, but the red is slightly less so than blue or black. I haven't tried the red, but I play the Blue across the board and it's very stable but with a nice kick. Not too rigid. 

562417112_ScreenShot2021-01-07at10_34_30AM.png.3b321a8ee90c4c8f0d63e2240c0d519f.png

Also, as someone else noted, the overall flex and feel is quite different between the various shaft weights. I find the Ventus Blue 7x to be considerably stiffer than the Ventus Blue 6x. I eventually took my 7x driver shaft and cut it down as a 3w shaft, which works well. But it was pretty rigid as a driver shaft compared to the 6x. (I'm talking here about overall shaft flex not tip stiffness/torque).

Edited by uglande

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

7 minutes ago, uglande said:

All Ventus models are tip stiff, even the red, but the red is slightly less so than blue or black. I haven't tried the red, but I play the Blue across the board and it's very stable but with a nice kick. Not too rigid. 

562417112_ScreenShot2021-01-07at10_34_30AM.png.3b321a8ee90c4c8f0d63e2240c0d519f.png

Also, as someone else noted, the overall flex and feel is quite different between the various shaft weights. I find the Ventus Blue 7x to be considerably stiffer than the Ventus Blue 6x. I eventually took my 7x driver shaft and cut it down as a 3w shaft, which works well. But it was pretty rigid as a driver shaft compared to the 6x. (I'm talking here about overall shaft flex not tip stiffness/torque).

Yep, that's a good reminder that they are all meant to be relatively stiff in the grand scheme of shafts.  And everyone's swing reacts differently to them.

• Like 1

The blue has a very firm tip and a quick VERY soft mid section.  That kick point was way too low in the shaft for my preferences and it gave me fits.  Couldn't hit it consistently.  Gave it a lot of time and practice and it was taking good swings and giving me poor results.  Not a good fit for me.  

I would put the ventus blue as a modern day advanced GD ADDI.  

If you look at the best high end shafts they will have a very stiff tip section.  Ventus is no different.  You want lower spin and consistent strike.  They have 3 models that differ in the mid section from black to blue to red where black is stiffest.

Again, you can find a Ventus for anyone, but it requires a fitting.  There's a reason its one of if not the top shaft in drivers on Tour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, randshoe said:

I liked the launch profile of the rogue at first and I figured with 113 swing speed it would feel like less of a board. I was hoping the Ventus with velocore would offer a bit more forgiveness. Was thinking going with a Blue.  

I know i sound like a broken record but go get fit.  You might need a 6x or 7x.  Perhaps .5 inch tip.  You might even be better with black or red.  Too many variables to guess 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

I know i sound like a broken record but go get fit.  You might need a 6x or 7x.  Perhaps .5 inch tip.  You might even be better with black or red.  Too many variables to guess 

Thanks Nick, i just feel like with my current knowledge to have to pay someone to tell me what club to buy It just scares me lol.

2 minutes ago, randshoe said:

Thanks Nick, i just feel like with my current knowledge to have to pay someone to tell me what club to buy It just scares me lol.

If that is the case just buy one off BST.  You'll find a ventus fairly often.  You're seeing tour pros go for lighter like 6x in Ventus.  What is your gamer shaft Now?  What is current launch, spin, peak height.  That would give a measuring point

1 hour ago, Nick_E said:

If that is the case just buy one off BST.  You'll find a ventus fairly often.  You're seeing tour pros go for lighter like 6x in Ventus.  What is your gamer shaft Now?  What is current launch, spin, peak height.  That would give a measuring point

Nick currently using Aldila rogue 60x dont have numbers currently 😕

9 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

The blue has a very firm tip and a quick VERY soft mid section.  That kick point was way too low in the shaft for my preferences and it gave me fits.  Couldn't hit it consistently.  Gave it a lot of time and practice and it was taking good swings and giving me poor results.  Not a good fit for me.  

I would put the ventus blue as a modern day advanced GD ADDI.  

I think the blue 6S is still softer than  ADDI. But that's me. 

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

15 hours ago, juggernaut0629 said:

I think the blue 6S is still softer than  ADDI. But that's me. 

Just goes to show how different individuals perceive things. For me, the Blue 6S felt much firmer across the board than AD DI 6S.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post