16 yard gain with the new PXG 0211 ... see testing numbers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good if you play in a windy swamp. 

I can't be the only one that thought those were driver numbers from a higher handicap player before reading they are 7i numbers from a 0.  

A 7-iron that spins like a 3-iron....

Posted Images

Not sure why some of you are having the reactions that you are, strong lofted irons are nothing new. Just about every manufacturer has them for a certain golfer that they target.  

I mean Callaway, Taylormade and Titleist have even stronger lofted irons in their "super/ultra game improvement" categories, heck, even in some "players" models aren't that far off. 

2021 PXG 0211 7 iron, 28 deg.

TM Sim Max OS 27, Sim Mx 28.5, P790  Ti 28.5, P790 30.5

Callaway Mavrik 27, Mavrik Pro 30, Big Bertha 29, Apex 19 30.5

Ping G710 29.5, 410 30

Mizuno JPX Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pro 29

Titleist T400 26, T300 29, T200 30, CNCPT 4, 30

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Not sure why some of you are having the reactions that you are, strong lofted irons are nothing new. Just about every manufacturer has them for a certain golfer that they target.  

I mean Callaway, Taylormade and Titleist have even stronger lofted irons in their "super/ultra game improvement" categories, heck, even in some "players" models aren't that far off. 

2021 PXG 0211 7 iron, 28 deg.

TM Sim Max OS 27, Sim Mx 28.5, P790  Ti 28.5, P790 30.5

Callaway Mavrik 27, Mavrik Pro 30, Big Bertha 29, Apex 19 30.5

Ping G710 29.5, 410 30

Mizuno JPX Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pro 29

Titleist T400 26, T300 29, T200 30, CNCPT 4, 30

Even at 27 degrees which is a 5 iron for me, 3500, peak height at 24 and descent in the mid 30’s is not ideal, i dont care what they stamp on it

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Even at 27 degrees which is a 5 iron for me, 3500, peak height at 24 and descent in the mid 30’s is not ideal, i dont care what they stamp on it

Not disagreeing with that assessment at all. Just not sure why people are surprised when this has been going on for a while now with all of the manufacturers. 

3 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I think the surprise is more to do with people boasting about it

All of the manufacturers/fitters boast about their product. Rocketballzier, 20 yards longer, max speed, epic, no one makes clubs like we do, period...blah blah blah, it's all the same. 

I agree as well, most golfers don't want a 7 iron spinning so low, but it's one fitters/persons numbers. First numbers that I've seen anywhere actually so I will reserve judgement and everyone else should as well unless you actually test them yourself. Or at least get a wider range of results from more people. We would be ignorant to think that 1 persons numbers are the end all be all, you, I and everyone else are all going to have different numbers based on the type of day were having conditions, and obviously the shaft is a huge part of the equation. 

I played the original 0211 irons and liked them.  Currently gaming i210 irons with power spec lofts. Just like any golf ho/gear head I try it all and if it's better I sometimes, well, a lot of the time I switch it up! Are the 210 irons better than the original 0211's, for me yes, but not by a whole bunch. Last 3 sets of irons for me have been the z585's, 0211's and now the 210's, I liked them all and they each had their pros and cons. My back up/travel set is a cheaper component brand, Maltby TS1/TS2 combo that perform just as well as anything out there.

22 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Not disagreeing with that assessment at all. Just not sure why people are surprised when this has been going on for a while now with all of the manufacturers. 

The title of this post is why I reacted the way I did. It's smoke and mirrors advertising. It's Rocketballz all over again. 16 yard gains! It shows how little consumers actually know about what they need and that distance can still blind them. In the age of technology where knowledge is free and easily accessible it's remarkable that anyone would look at the original post and think anything positive about it. 

• Like 1

I don’t know. They weren’t done any favors by any of the numbers that have been posted. 
And $10 more, you can go hot metals, not have to deal with the length issues, And the notorious problems PXG has had with swingweighting the 0211s. Also gets you any shaft and grip you want free of charge. 
a 6 club set is a straight wash with added cost of PXGs shipping, with better specs. 
If they came out at the previous 0211 price I would have taken a flier, but unless you’re blindly die hard to PXG, it doesn’t make much sense. 

1 hour ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

All of the manufacturers/fitters boast about their product. Rocketballzier, 20 yards longer, max speed, epic, no one makes clubs like we do, period...blah blah blah, it's all the same. 

I agree as well, most golfers don't want a 7 iron spinning so low, but it's one fitters/persons numbers. First numbers that I've seen anywhere actually so I will reserve judgement and everyone else should as well unless you actually test them yourself. Or at least get a wider range of results from more people. We would be ignorant to think that 1 persons numbers are the end all be all, you, I and everyone else are all going to have different numbers based on the type of day were having conditions, and obviously the shaft is a huge part of the equation. 

I played the original 0211 irons and liked them.  Currently gaming i210 irons with power spec lofts. Just like any golf ho/gear head I try it all and if it's better I sometimes, well, a lot of the time I switch it up! Are the 210 irons better than the original 0211's, for me yes, but not by a whole bunch. Last 3 sets of irons for me have been the z585's, 0211's and now the 210's, I liked them all and they each had their pros and cons. My back up/travel set is a cheaper component brand, Maltby TS1/TS2 combo that perform just as well as anything out there.

It wasnt a criticism on pxg or their product. I just find it pretty shocking that a “pro” would post that and think thats good. 

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2
Just now, Red4282 said:

You took it personal, it wasnt a criticism on pxg or their product. I just find it pretty shocking that a “pro” would post that and think thats good. 

Nope, nothing personal taken here, not sure where you got that from, just having a conversation.

In very first sentence I lumped all the big manufactures and their fitters in the same category, marketing BS. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Shupe said:

Good if you play in a windy swamp. 

🤣

Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 10.5 Tensei Pro Blue 60TX
Taylormade Tour Issue Sim 3W Tensei Diamana BF 70TX
Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 3HL Diamana BF 70X
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X
Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Vokey SM7 50F, SM6 54S, SM7 60M
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350

15 hours ago, Doyouevenblade said:

I can't be the only one that thought those were driver numbers from a higher handicap player before reading they are 7i numbers from a 0.  

I thought “wow, they spin the driver a TON” to then see it was 7 iron numbers... 😂

• Haha 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ TD 9* - Ventus Black 7X

TM SIM 15* - AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Gapr LO 19* - AD-DI 95X

P7TW 4-PW - DG TI X100

Vokey 50/54/58

TM Spider X Chalk

So they measures an old 7 iron against a 5 iron with a 7 on it. What a shock. 

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

SGI, low spin distance iron...same loft/length as the Gen 3 0311 XP iron.

Can wait to get them........

when I turn 85 yo...lol

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM2 RESCUE, 22*, Diamana Thump 105g X
TAYLORMADE P790 - 4, 5, 6 -- PX IO 6.5
CALLAWAY APEX 21 TOUR CB, 5 - PW -- PX IO/LS 6.5 ....PENDING!
TAYLORMADE P7TW - 4 - PW -- Black Modus3 LE 115 X
TAYLORMADE MG2 52/9, Black Modus3 LE 115 X; Hi-Toe 56/10, DG TI s400; MG2 60/8, DG TI s400 ONYX 
VOKEY
SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, Black Modus3 LE 115 X; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

21 hours ago, HowAboutNoScott said:

Taken from the "PXG Fan Forum" Group on Facebook, a local pro posted some testing numbers of the new 0211.

According to the post .. 

0211 Numbers:

117 Ball Speed, 16.6 Launch Angle, 3579 Backspin, 3.7 Side Angle, 184 Carry, 205 Total Yards

0311 Gen3 Numbers:

113 Ball Speed, 18.6 Launch Angle, 5729 Backspin, 5.4 Side Angle, 168 Carry, 182 Total Yards

The numbers are based on a 7 iron.  Dude is a 0 handicap.  He is showing tighter dispersion and 16 yard gains.

22B7416E-E742-4B36-A7E8-B910060B43EC.jpeg

415AD0D8-8898-412D-87C6-93BED5FBE6FA.jpeg

The new 0211 irons are very strong lofted....

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
Ping g25 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

8 hours ago, SUMM1T said:

The title of this post is why I reacted the way I did. It's smoke and mirrors advertising. It's Rocketballz all over again. 16 yard gains! It shows how little consumers actually know about what they need and that distance can still blind them. In the age of technology where knowledge is free and easily accessible it's remarkable that anyone would look at the original post and think anything positive about it. 

I appreciate the post .. I didn't express my opinion on whether I thought the numbers were good, bad or whatever .. I was just posting facts and letting people discuss them ... Not marketing or smoke-and-mirrors, it is the current name of the game, longer by strengthening lofts, everyone is doing it and it is not frowned upon in the industry.  I prefer my Gen3 numbers, ball flight and distances.

Also to address another post .. I don't believe the Pro was posting and boasting about gains either, just giving a comparison to the Gen3s

16 minutes ago, HowAboutNoScott said:

I appreciate the post .. I didn't express my opinion on whether I thought the numbers were good, bad or whatever .. I was just posting facts and letting people discuss them ... Not marketing or smoke-and-mirrors, it is the current name of the game, longer by strengthening lofts, everyone is doing it and it is not frowned upon in the industry.  I prefer my Gen3 numbers, ball flight and distances.

Also to address another post .. I don't believe the Pro was posting and boasting about gains either, just giving a comparison to the Gen3s

I won't judge your intentions, only you know what they were. However, the title says "16 yard gain..." so it is in fact, smoke and mirrors. It's clickbait at its best, fine print needed. You say everyone is doing it and somewhat downplay anything special happening, but then create this entire post boasting gains as if it is something special. 

23 hours ago, HowAboutNoScott said:

Taken from the "PXG Fan Forum" Group on Facebook, a local pro posted some testing numbers of the new 0211.

According to the post .. 

0211 Numbers:

117 Ball Speed, 16.6 Launch Angle, 3579 Backspin, 3.7 Side Angle, 184 Carry, 205 Total Yards

0311 Gen3 Numbers:

113 Ball Speed, 18.6 Launch Angle, 5729 Backspin, 5.4 Side Angle, 168 Carry, 182 Total Yards

The numbers are based on a 7 iron.  Dude is a 0 handicap.  He is showing tighter dispersion and 16 yard gains.

22B7416E-E742-4B36-A7E8-B910060B43EC.jpeg

415AD0D8-8898-412D-87C6-93BED5FBE6FA.jpeg

With lower launch and 3700 spin on a 7 iron, he best hope all pins are back of the greens and no trouble fronting the green/or playing only links style courses or he won't get within 45 feet of any pin middle of the green or forward.  Awful numbers for a 7 iron.  that is still considered a reasonable scoring club but no way with those numbers...  

6 hours ago, Rdriver said:

The good news is you can order these with up to 2* weak on the loft.  You can also order them 2* strong if they aren’t all ready strong enough for you.  I hope the numbers posted are from a stronger than stock 7 iron and not a stock lofted club.

I doubt it would not be stock, it's how he's delivering club to the ball.  The avg golfer has a review up and he spun them over 5000 with a 45 degree decent angle.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8W25p3Xf6E

7 hours ago, mikey6866 said:

I doubt it would not be stock, it's how he's delivering club to the ball.  The avg golfer has a review up and he spun them over 5000 with a 45 degree decent angle.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8W25p3Xf6E

Andy delivered the club from outside in, very loopy swing with a fade/slice action. My guess is this is exactly who these irons would be perfect for. 

That swing usually loses a lot of yardage but these clubs seems to correct it. I would say the majority of rec golfers I see deliver the same flaw so these might be great SGI irons. 

With my swing, I don't think I could spin the 7 iron at more than 3500-4000.