2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ewheels V2 vs. MGI Zip Navigator AT

stk123

So my pushcart broke down and I am in the market for a new one. I was thinking of going electric and wanted to ask opinions on what would be the best option for me. I have read many threads on this topic and have done a lot of research, but since I have never used one, I would greatly appreciate advice. I have narrowed it down to Ewheels V2 and MGI AT from Costco (but am open to other options as well). Price is not going to be determining factor, because they are both in the same ballpark for me. Ewheels $800 + $120 TFS + Clicgear $250 = $1170 and MGI is $1600. I am willing to pay more to get better product/quality/durability/longevity. So here is some info:

1. I walk a hilly course. It is mostly flat holes, but one or two are slopey. The big slopes are when walking up to tee boxes. Long, very steep uphill hikes to 3 or 4 tee boxes that are followed by steep downhill walks, some are straight line and some serpentine. hundreds of feet long and very steep (will wheelie bars be enough for steep hills?). I am worried that overtime as the battery degrades that the V2 will not make a full 18 holes as the hills will drain battery. But I feel like the tether function would be perfect for such hills. Does the MGI have a tether or bluetooth follow option or is it remote controlled only?

2. I like to walk at a brisk pace. Will both carts keep up? Which one is faster or will both keep up?

3. I like to have extra storage in cart.

4. If I go with ewheels, is better to get the Rovic 1S or go with Clicgear 4.0 and get the front wheel conversion kit (cost not an option, want smoothest operation)?

5. I like using a sunbrella in the heat and sun. Which one will have a more convenient umbrella holder to take in and out in between shots?

Right now, I am kind of leaning towards the ewheels due to the TFS, especially for the very steep downhill serpentine walks. I can just plug it in, walk, and even sit on my phone if I wanted to. I don't have to worry about steering with remote. Will the cart keep up with me in TFS mode if I walk at brisk pace? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. Remote only

2. both will be able to keep up

3. ewheels because you can use your push cart’s storage

4. Rovic 1s but heard its front wheel gets stuck sometimes. Also heard problems with conversion kits for 3.5.  I would get the caddytek cruiser one tour that has two front swivel wheels.

5. rovic or clicgear.

ewheels are more stable than the MGI. I found myself concentrating too much trying to avoid uneven terrain.  Ewheels not perfect either but much better.  MGI wins in convenience. Easier to set it up, down, and takes up less space. 
Having said that I want to go back to simple setup. Having to charge battery, remote, tfs along with my gps, phone and apple watch before a round gets tiring. I am looking for a light bag and light push cart thats easy to push.  

I agree with just about everything BA said.

A good friend of mine has the ewheels v2for about 4 months now and loves it. I just picked up the MGI Zip Nav AT for $1399 from Costco but haven’t had a chance to use it on the course, just in the yard which is pretty hilly.

1.) hills and wheelie bars- I like the Ewheels setup, there are 2 wheelie bars where the Zip only has one. I think if the hills are not too steep you’ll be good either way.

Battery- The EWheels battery is fine. We’re in New England where hills are the norm and even in the cold weather 40-50 degrees, he had plenty of battery left after 18 holes (65-70%). I can only speak to reviews on the Zip, but I hear it is the same. They both are remote control, but Ewheels is coming out with tether and my friend said his is on the way.

2. Speed is not an issue with either cart.

3. There is not a lot of space in the Zip and you’ll get what you get with your the cart you choose if you go with the Ewheels.

4. With a remote control cart, you’re going to want a front wheel the swivels. My friend started with his 4wheel bag boy and quickly moved to a 3 wheel with swivel front wheel and the conversion kit from Ewheels..

5. I’m not a big umbrella user but I have read reviews for both carts that an extension is needed.

Rating the two, I would give the ewheels the advantage on price, the 2 wheelie bars, and cart space (because you’re using a star are cart). I give the Zip the advantage on quality of build, ease of setup and breakdown, battery setup, and the warranty. 2 years (3 if you register it).

good luck

Edited by DCSerafin

I can’t imagine the eWheels performance is anywhere near the MGI. I’ve had the Navigator AT for several months now and it literally is the best golf purchase I’ve ever made. 

It does a lot more than roll forward and turn left and right. One of the guys in my regular foursome has a Kangaroo which does the above. The MGI has a gyro that makes it very stable and it turns on a dime. Has reverse which not all carts has. 

The price is an investment, but it’s cheaper than many carts on the market. I got mine used at Kaddymart. He gets the Costco returns and puts in a new battery and sells them at a discount. The cart I got only had 6 miles on it. 

https://kaddymart.com/

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Since the listed questions were answered already, just wanted to give you my advice. I had ewheels V1 with Clicgear 8.0, then changed to Rovic cart, while it was good / worked very well on flat grounds, it wasn't great. Space in the trunk was taken up by the cart and these "wheels", in addition to all its accessories my cart normally has. If you are going straight while the lie was slanted, you had to self correct the ewheels. Stability for the cart is the same as the MGI. Meaning, if I gunned the ewheels, the front wheel would pop up, I've had a few instances due to side hill lies or curbs drops tip over my cart. I was getting annoyed at the lack of space in my trunk for these items. I saw the MGI a few years ago and I had to get it. Also it was a great deal at the time at Costco (2-3 years ago). Once I purchased The MGI, I was very impressed with all aspects of it. People are right about the space issue, but there is a new "cooler" attachment, which you definitely get. I also added a small bag / net under the golf bag, between the bag and the cart. It's very similar to the net on the clicgear.

I'd say go with MGI AT Navigator from Costco. You won't regret it. Coming from both, I'd pick the MGI 10 times out of 10 if ever had to choose.

Good luck!

• Like 1

A couple great points by MaitriMike and RSinSG that I missed, but also some clarification.

- I'm not sure what the eWheels V1 offered but the eWheels V2 also goes in reverse and has Gyro technology to keep the cart on its intended path.

- All-in (not with accessories, the eWheels is cheaper that the Zip Nav and the Zip Nav AT

- The Zip Nav AT It sets up and breaks down just like a standard 3 or 4 wheel push cart. (with the exception of extending the 5th wheel) where the eWheels is a bit more involved with connecting/disconnecting the back wheel axle.

The eWheels V2 also has the Gyro Technology and they have come out with tethering and being shipped out now.

Now, my friend absolutely loves his eWheels V2 and I can see why - I've seen it in action.  My deciding factors on the Zip At over the eWheels (in order of importance to me)

1,) Warranty 2 yrs (I think it's 3 if you register the unit with MGI), the eWheels comes with a 1 year warranty.

2.) Reputation and purchasing process. MGI has been around for years with many models and revisions of their carts (They have a good history).  Alphard's website doesn't have a lot of info on their website and I know the process to purchase the eWheels V2 was more difficult. I won't dive into the specifics but my friend basically made the purchase without knowing If or When he would receive the cart.

3.) Size - with limited trunk space I havet, I had to be careful and the way the eWheels broke down made the decision easy as I don't think it would have fit in my trunk.

4.) Setup/breakdown - A bit more complex with the eWheels

5.) Cost, Costco had a great deal right before Christmas dropping the price by $300.00. from $1699 to $1399. A bit more but my friend said he ended up spending ~$1100 all in for his setup.

Again, I don't think you can go wrong (from a performance standpoint with either cart), it comes down to what your requirements and priorities are.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the replies. I am leaning towards the ewheels mostly due to the tether function and the 2 wheelie bars, as I have to go up 3 very steep and long hills at my course. Has anyone here used the tether function on the V2? Is it a great addition or just a nice to have gimmick? I can imagine myself using the tether half the time and the remote the other half. With the tether you can hold your sunbrella in one hand and your phone in the other if you want to order take out towards the end of your round, or just read some articles while strolling down the fairway. Also, to me it just feels like you can enjoy the walk down the fairway much better without having to hold the remote in your hand to steer. An untethered cart on follow would cause me to keep looking over my shoulder. Am I on to something with the tether or am I just being naive and will never use it?

@MaitriMike- I agree with you that I would get the MGI over the V1. The V2 has me intrigued though. Thanks for input

@BraveAnthony- very good point on having to charge the TFS, Remote, and ewheels battery. That is a lot of work in between rounds. Can you charge remote and TFS from the battery while on the course? E.g. Plug in the TFS to the battery while playing? Or it doesn't work that way? Also, thanks for the recommendation on the caddytek tour. I was actually looking at that one after I made this post. Sounds like it will be a better fit for the ewheels.

@DCSerafin- Thanks for your input. What are your thoughts on the tether if you have used it already? I can understand why you want to go to simple setup with a light cart and bag to push. I have pushed a cart my whole life and it isn't that hard. Would getting a car charger for the ewheels make any sense as a primary form of charging? Or is it only good as a backup?

• Like 1

OP - EWheels has a very good facebook group that you can join and get quite a bit of info from current users.  If price is not an issue, you might want to look at the Stewart.  I did a little research on all of these late last fall and while in the $2500 range, it does rate very well.  Not sure which ones they have in the US though.  

Ping G430 w/ Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 5-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
TM Spider X 34" blue

Alphard V2 wheels

I'm certainly biased as I have the MGI but we have 2 members with the V2 at our course. I know they improved the V2 and added gyros and tether but we have a very hilly course and they keep the fairways roped off this time of year. The maneuverability to get into and around these ropes is tough so you have to be good with the remote or keep your hands on it a lot. The difference between our units is night and day. The stability of the MGI is leaps and bounds better. The quick turning and size also helps a ton. Build quality is better, ease of in/out of trunk, ease of setup, battery lasts longer, etc. There is no comparison but you have to weigh costs. If your buying now and have to add the cart, its still going to be $500 or more for the MGI. That may be a factor. But after playing with these guys on my course, I'd rather have a standard such cart than the V2 if I couldn't have the MGI. 

I currently have a Caddytrek R2 which i would say is in that premium category and i will say i'm not a fan of it. I think the march and follow features are completely over rated. First off they are a pain in the butt to engage them and two you can't park your cart next your your ball with those features on, you will run into the same issues with the tether feature. The other gripe i have is its loud. The motor always hums and the remote always finds a reason to beep. i play a lot of high level armature tournaments and the sound is a deal breaker. And lastly the buttons on the remote are raised so it's really easy to bump one and have the cart take off unexpecting. i have a few buddy's with the V2 and i'll be getting one of those and it checks all the boxes i want and price is not a determining purchase factor.

Stk123, I bought the ewheels v2 during the fund raising and it took until November to finally get it due to all the COVID c**p.  Initially I was unimpressed by the battery life over other users claims, but then I got a swivel front wheel and it meets or exceeds all the reports from other users.

1. The communications during all the comications from COVID was outstanding. And the customer service from Alex at Alphard Golf since has been great as well.

2. No issues on hills, up or down. I play in western WA and the hills here can be ridiculous (one of my primary reasons for getting a motorized cart).

3. I have as much space with the Rovic and ewheels in my cargo space (trunk) as I did with my Sun Mountain cart (which I loved as a push cart by the way and will sing praise for their customer service forever). 

4. I am a runner and at top pace I have to run to keep up with the cart. The gyro feature works well and the remote allows you to drive the cart ahead, behind or along side and even send the cart 15 or 30 yards to an auto stop if you like. 

All in all I have no experience with your other option, but I would definitely recommend the ewheels and if I had to do it again I would, even the wait for delivery was well worth it.

Just my 2 cents. 

Good luck,

Scott

I went from a Bagboy Navigator (had a great run with that cart) to the Ewheels V1 with a Clicgear Rovic.  My experience with the Ewheels has been great.  I find with the free front wheel (my Navigator had this as well), controlling direction is very easy.  Once my Ewheels V1 dies (whenever that is), I’ll likely just move to V2 as having the gyro control for direction would be nice (my Navigator had that).  I have a couple of big hills on my course and no issues with the V1.  I would also say the anti-tip bars are a must.  They are too expensive for what they are, but you still need to have them.  

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

I have the eWheels V2 (having upgraded from the V1) and a good friend bought the Costco MGI Zip package last summer.  We have played together several times with both of us using them, most recently 2 weeks ago.  He agrees that the V2 is a better "machine", particularly on my CG 3.5+ with the swivel front wheels.  It is much more stable, particularly on steep hills.  The TFS (tether) provides another advantage, and I didn't even think I would use it when I bought the V2.  It does take up a bit more room and takes a little longer to set up and break down.  But overall I think the V2 is the better unit.  As for customer service, I had a few issues with my V1 that Alex/Alphard Golf resolved very quickly.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I was one of the first backers of the V2 and have had my unit for a while now.  I've probably got 30 rounds on the V2 with my Rovic RV1s.  I can't imagine any better option out there.

1 - The two main courses I use the V2 on are hilly.  By the battery meter on the unit I have yet to burn thru half of the battery after walking 18, and I micro-manage the cart way more than I should with the remote.  Both courses have a ton of cart path curbs and I have to constantly maneuver the cart so as to miss curbs.  I have only used the remote with the V2.  I have a brand new TFS unit that I have yet to even open.  I can't imagine that it would be any better than using the remote.

2 - I like to think I walk pretty fast as I can keep up with my buddies in their riding cart.  The V2 has five "speeds."  For me speed "3" is just a little too slow and speed "4" is a little too fast.  If I wanted to jog the course I'd run the unit on speed "5."

3 - Extra storage depends on your cart and golf bag selection.  I have the Rovic, but I have added a Bag Boy storage "bag" under the handle, and have added a Sun Mountain mesh "throw bag" between the "wheels" of the cart.  I can't imagine what else I'd need.

4 - I played with the Rovic before I got the V2 and I thought I was going to have trouble with the smaller front wheel because when I was pushing it I'd always get it caught on a root or something.  Since having the V2, I have yet to catch the front on anything.  I can't imagine trying to use the V2 without some sort of swiveling front wheel(s).

5 - The Rovic has the standard umbrella holder that Clic-gear/Rovic provide.  I have added an extension to raise the umbrella a little.  The stock holder is too short.

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, cfmgolf said:

OP - EWheels has a very good facebook group that you can join and get quite a bit of info from current users.  If price is not an issue, you might want to look at the Stewart.  I did a little research on all of these late last fall and while in the $2500 range, it does rate very well.  Not sure which ones they have in the US though.  

Could you share the name of the FB group?  I just searched and couldn't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll share my quick impressions after using the ewheels v2.  I played 18 with the ewheels v2 and my Clic Gear cart with a fixed front wheel.  At first, I hated using the remote.  I didn't like the inconvenience of using the remote near the green or teebox; I'd rather just push it around manually.  If there was a single press button to disable the motor, that would be be nice.  After 3 holes, I tried the TFS and it was AMAZING.  Walking without worrying about the cart is really relaxing.  Also, I would hold onto the tether with my hand around the greens and it was a lot easier to control that way.

I bought 2 units; one for myself and one for my mom (75 yrs old).  Based on the effort to setup and tear down each round, the fact that there are 3 things that need to be charged (TFS, remote, main unit), and the difficulty to maneuver the cart manually, I'm going to get the MGI for her.  Or maybe another unit.  For myself, I don't mind dealing with all that so I'm sticking with the v2.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had the V2 since last August and love it.  I can set it up in less than 2 or 3 minutes and be ready to go.  Typically, with using the TFS and the remote throughout a round I can get between 27-36 holes.  With steep slopes, if you set the speed with the remote at 3 of 5 and “push” behind it to keep it tracking straight, its good to go.  I’ve used it just about everywhere and really have no complaints.

Two points:

1.  IF you want to get 36+ in a day, get a second battery.

2.  The right push cart is key.  I have the Rovic RV1S, the front wheel swivel is important.  The only complaints I see are from people that don’t have the ability to turn easily due to a fixed front wheel.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to make the decision between MGI AT vs EWheels v.2  vs waiting for next years iteration of carts.   A few questions for the knowledgeable:

1) Is it true that the MGI is not water resistant and there have been issues with rain causing electrical issues?   My understanding the EWheels is water resistant.

2) I have a Clic Gear 3.0 and would purchase the front wheel swivel with this setup.  For folks that have done same , does it take up considerable more space in trunk?  I can barely get my Clic Gear  plus clubs plus son's clubs in my trunk today so that  might be not be an option.  I don't have an issue putting the Ewheels part in back seat but obviously sounds like the Ewheels setup is more of a hassle.

3) Battery Charging -   the Ewheels manual on their site mentions to not leave charging over 4 hours as it can reduce battery life.  That seems like a major drawback as I wouldn't want to have to remember to go pull the battery off charge after 4 hours.   My preference would be to immediatelt start charging  after I returned home and then grab battery off charging before leaving for next round.  Does anyone know if the MGI AT advices the same?

4) Will there be a V.3 before next summer or new MGI model update?

10 hours ago, Pistonputt said:

I am trying to make the decision between MGI AT vs EWheels v.2  vs waiting for next years iteration of carts.   A few questions for the knowledgeable:

1) Is it true that the MGI is not water resistant and there have been issues with rain causing electrical issues?   My understanding the EWheels is water resistant.

2) I have a Clic Gear 3.0 and would purchase the front wheel swivel with this setup.  For folks that have done same , does it take up considerable more space in trunk?  I can barely get my Clic Gear  plus clubs plus son's clubs in my trunk today so that  might be not be an option.  I don't have an issue putting the Ewheels part in back seat but obviously sounds like the Ewheels setup is more of a hassle.

3) Battery Charging -   the Ewheels manual on their site mentions to not leave charging over 4 hours as it can reduce battery life.  That seems like a major drawback as I wouldn't want to have to remember to go pull the battery off charge after 4 hours.   My preference would be to immediatelt start charging  after I returned home and then grab battery off charging before leaving for next round.  Does anyone know if the MGI AT advices the same?

2) the major difference in space is the wider nature of the wheelbase. I would say that directionally it only gets wider from wheel to wheel and not the other way (if that makes any sense. It’s not as bad as I expected but I do have the space in my suv. 

3) I forgot about the 4 hour charge window he haven’t followed that. Thankfully my unit it a month old so I’ll be okay. I wonder if it’s safe to try and set a wemo smart plug to “turn off” after 4 hours. 

17 hours ago, Pistonputt said:

Not sure about what MGI says about water resistance but I can tell you that I have been caught in downpours multiple times with no issues at all. I had one storm with lightning where I had to just leave the cart and jump on with a playing partner in a cart to get to shelter. When I came back the cart had been blown over by wind and was in a couple of inches of standing water. I took it home and cleaned it up and all is fine. I am less hesitant about my MGI with any warranty issues though as I purchased through Costco and would just use their return policy.

As for charging, they recommend to leave their unit on the charger. They have a trickle charger that keeps the battery topped off with no issues. I plug mine up after a round and leave it until the next round. No issues for over 13 month now. And also as a side note, I ran my cart until it died to see how many holes I could get out of it. It lasted 54 holes with one charge and still had no issues on flats. On some steeper slopes the battery would not pull those. Amazing for a batter with over a year on it.

19 hours ago, Pistonputt said:

I have the E Wheels on my CG and after a few months of using it am quite happy with it.  There is a very good FB group dedicated to the E Wheels that you might want to check out.  Regarding front wheel swivel and space.  Yes it does take up more space as the front wheels are approx 20" wide so you need to account for that.  Photo below for your reference.  Battery charging - I plug mine in the night before I use it and have never had an issue.  Same for the remote.  I think quite a few users also plug it in and leave it like you mention, but again check out the FB group for that.

I also like the added stability of the wider wheelbase on the E Wheels.  With the wheelie bars attached, I have never had any possible issue with tipping.

Last point of note - the swivel conversion kit for the front has a turn radius of 10-15ft give or take - think of a lawn tractor vs. a zero turn mower.  If I need to turn in 180* at once, I just help it along by hand.  Very easy.  

CG Cart.jpg

• Like 1

Ping G430 w/ Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 5-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
TM Spider X 34" blue

Alphard V2 wheels

I have the e wheels v2. I already open a compatible push cart why over spend?

i saved about $500 or more. It just works and very well at that. 

if you’re only gripe is forgetting to unplug while charging vs $500 how many replacement batteries can be bought for $500?

Oh and i don’t need to toss or sell or whatever my old cart and i don’t need to find even more space for a new one. 

Now, if i did not already have a cart that’s a different discussion. 

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying reading this thread and related ones. I have a Clicgear 4 with a few accessories. It's pretty new. I'd been using it until I recently got my old BagBoy Navigator going again. It's 15 years old, but didn't get used for quite awhile. It's in remarkably immaculate shape considering. I got a new battery and now it's running like it did when it was new. Kinda makes me wish I hadn't invested so much in the Clicgear. The current MGI Navigator AT is appealing. The battery weighs a quarter of what my cart's does for one thing. That one uses a smaller version of a car battery that weighs 25 lb. The more contemporary MGI version looks like a step or two up with newer electronics and a lighter battery, though it may be that it doesn't run any better. Mine has a gyroscope, too. Investing in the neighborhood of $1500 at this stage doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though if the Costco deal comes up again, it might be something to consider. That and sell the BagBoy Navigator and get what I can for it.

But the thought of buying the V2 has been on my mind, too. That way, I'd get the benefits of the Clicgear and its accessories with electric power. The thing about pushing a cart around, especially on a hilly course, is that it's no small amount of work, not that as much easier than just carrying as I wish it were. Especially if you're aging and not that big a person. Like me. Thus the motivation to get the Navigator running again.

I'd been wondering if the V2 performance comes close to matching that of my current cart. From what you're all saying here, it seems like it might. Having to buy the front wheel swivel is an annoyance. If I get this, then when my wife and I play together, we can both use an electric cart.

I have been using electric caddies (with remote) for the past several years.  I normally buy used carts that don't work properly. I repair and refurbish the carts, then use them for a few months and resell for a slight profit.  Over the 10 years or so of doing this I have used several Kangaroo Hillcrest AB models, a few Bat Caddy/PAR Caddy/NovaCaddy versions, a couple older MGI carts, and most recently a Stewart X7.  While all of these carts worked well, there were a few things that I didn't like with each.  Mostly weight and storage footprint issues.  I recently sold the Stewart cart for a decsnt profit and started looking for a replacement.  The first one I looked at was the Costco deal but they are out of stock in Canada.  I contacted Kaddymart but they do not ship to Canada.  I was reluctant to look at the V2 because I thought it would be a pain to assemble at the course.  Since I already had a Rovic cart I decided to go ahead and buy the V2.  I couldn't be happier.  Setup at the course if way easier that I expected.  The maneuverability with the Rovic is amazing.  I play on a very hilly course and the cart handles the hills with ease.  The wide stance makes the cart very stable and it hasn't come close to tipping.  I tend to set the speed and walk closely behind the cart.  This has resulted in me kicking the left wheelie bar and unsnapping it.  I just snap it back in place.  The battery consistently shows two white lights after 18 holes.  I suspect that I could get 27 holes from the battery if needed.  I have used the carts for four rounds and can say that it is the best option of all the carts that I have had.

• Like 1

PXG Gen6 0311 9.0 with Aldila Rogue MSI125 stiff

PXG 0211 3 and 5 woods

PXG 0317CB with Project X LZ 6.0

Bettinardi Queen Bee B11

I heard or read that they are making a big price increase end of August? on the V2 - something like a 30% bump if you want this product, now's the time. I absolutely love mine.  I different site that I am also a member of THP has a discount code for members, and it works with this cart too, even more savings.  For the $ you won't find a better tool to improve your game and enjoyment.  In my opinion.

5 hours ago, denismcg said:

I have been using electric caddies (with remote) for the past several years.  I normally buy used carts that don't work properly. I repair and refurbish the carts, then use them for a few months and resell for a slight profit.  Over the 10 years or so of doing this I have used several Kangaroo Hillcrest AB models, a few Bat Caddy/PAR Caddy/NovaCaddy versions, a couple older MGI carts, and most recently a Stewart X7.  While all of these carts worked well, there were a few things that I didn't like with each.  Mostly weight and storage footprint issues.  I recently sold the Stewart cart for a decsnt profit and started looking for a replacement.  The first one I looked at was the Costco deal but they are out of stock in Canada.  I contacted Kaddymart but they do not ship to Canada.  I was reluctant to look at the V2 because I thought it would be a pain to assemble at the course.  Since I already had a Rovic cart I decided to go ahead and buy the V2.  I couldn't be happier.  Setup at the course if way easier that I expected.  The maneuverability with the Rovic is amazing.  I play on a very hilly course and the cart handles the hills with ease.  The wide stance makes the cart very stable and it hasn't come close to tipping.  I tend to set the speed and walk closely behind the cart.  This has resulted in me kicking the left wheelie bar and unsnapping it.  I just snap it back in place.  The battery consistently shows two white lights after 18 holes.  I suspect that I could get 27 holes from the battery if needed.  I have used the carts for four rounds and can say that it is the best option of all the carts that I have had.

Great that you've made productive use of these old carts. I'd have thought that getting parts would be hard for refurbishing in the case of the old ones, at least. That's encouraging about the V2. I would like using it with my Clicgear more than my old BagBoy Navigator, at least in theory. Though the Navigator is super simple to set up. It's the weight that's a pain. The Clicgear 4 is absurdly difficult to set up and break down again. Easy enough once you've done it once or twice, but my wife doesn't want any part of it. Her old Sun Mountain push cart is far easier and more intuitive.

4 hours ago, jaw2k9 said:

I heard or read that they are making a big price increase end of August? on the V2 - something like a 30% bump if you want this product, now's the time. I absolutely love mine.  I different site that I am also a member of THP has a discount code for members, and it works with this cart too, even more savings.  For the $ you won't find a better tool to improve your game and enjoyment.  In my opinion.

I don't see anything on their site about a discount. How much is it and where does one find it?

Hopefully, that 30% increase isn't happening. I'm way out of the picture of it does. Just not a good value considering that it's only a portion of the whole apparatus, not the whole thing.

Hmmm, if you are member of the THP community there should be at the bottom of the page a discount code associated with Budget Golf - I am sorry, I did not make that clear. Perhaps you have to be an Albatross member (which not a lot of $). Anyway, it's 15% off one item from Budget Golf.  I used it for my Alphard V2 e-wheels. And am very glad I did.

21 hours ago, jaw2k9 said:

Hmmm, if you are member of the THP community there should be at the bottom of the page a discount code associated with Budget Golf - I am sorry, I did not make that clear. Perhaps you have to be an Albatross member (which not a lot of $). Anyway, it's 15% off one item from Budget Golf.  I used it for my Alphard V2 e-wheels. And am very glad I did.

Thanks for that pointer!