2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping G425 Max, 425 LST, Titleist TSI3

osubuckeyes691

I’m interested in these also and looking forward to direct comparisons.  Even interested in comparisons to g410 lst. Tired of winter and ready for spring and hopefully there are demo days this summer. 

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

3 hours ago, Scottishducati said:

I gamed a 410 LST with a Ventus red 6X tipped 1.25” at 45” length. With the ventus it tuned it into a monster. I just sold the head and bought a 425 max. For me the ventus red tipped works amazing with the ping to bring spin down and hoping the 425 max will be just the same but even more forgiving. 

Make sure you either order the G425 with 5g or hit up @J13 if you just scooped a head without melt. Otherwise you’ll be surprised with the sound.

I've been playing a G400 Max for over two years. I tried to make it work with many shafts and they were all failures until I put a TPT proto in it. It's been a weapon. But it's getting old.

I tested the 425 Max and LST with shafts that didn't fit great but know the 425 Max would be an easy plug and play with the TPT. I didn't find either eye opening, but didn't expect to. I see the 425 Max as a slightly better looking, more adjustable easy upgrade, without missing a beat. But this is the back up plan for now...since the TSi3 with a Ventus Black from Will P. just got delivered today. I'll get it out this weekend.  If it doesn't work, I'll be going with the 425 Max without hesitation.  

18 hours ago, scottaz said:

I've been playing a G400 Max for over two years. I tried to make it work with many shafts and they were all failures until I put a TPT proto in it. It's been a weapon. But it's getting old.

I tested the 425 Max and LST with shafts that didn't fit great but know the 425 Max would be an easy plug and play with the TPT. I didn't find either eye opening, but didn't expect to. I see the 425 Max as a slightly better looking, more adjustable easy upgrade, without missing a beat. But this is the back up plan for now...since the TSi3 with a Ventus Black from Will P. just got delivered today. I'll get it out this weekend.  If it doesn't work, I'll be going with the 425 Max without hesitation.  

How was the feel between the 425s and the G400?

G400 was a point and shoot driver when I had it-still a solid club.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I'm not much of a feel guy. But I think anyone who played the 400 will transition easily into the 425. Just a little better in all ways IMO. The sound isn't great with either but I never hot melted my 400 and wouldn't with the 425. I play at 45", D4 and don't use a counterweighted shaft, so I'd rather deal with the sound than go down a sw rabbit hole.  I know it can be done properly but don't care enough. 

I took the TSi3 out today. I was very very impressed.  It was cold and windy and didn't expect much in these conditions. I took about 20 pro V1x's from a shag bag to the range to get it dialed in. Started at D1 and stayed there. I saw a pattern of slightly toe side on the face, so I put the back weight on T1. I hit another 20-25 on the course. It kind of blew me away. I hit a few low on the face that shot out mid-low bullets that carried more than I would expect and ran hard. That's not a normal miss for me but I was bundled up and didn't want catch any high....in case this was a quick test/sell. Don't think it will be. This thing is fast and plenty forgiving. Going back out tomorrow.               

As far as tsi3 on the bst forum this is normal titleist had the first release and everyone bought the new driver.  I bought one and than ordered the tsi2 both drivers will be when all said and done the best driver or one of them of 21.  Great great driver and I am sure the other offerings will be good as well, remember different strokes for different folks. I conclude with this, most people will gain distance with the tsi line once dialed in, they made a great driver and I am not a titleist driver guy.  I have been limited in my testing due to weather but I did get some rounds in end of the year and was hitting spots on the course I rarely hit previous and the weather was cold and damp, so I am excited on the tsi line.  

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

On 1/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, arenapoutine said:

Good comparison from TXG on TSi3 and 425LST.

Their point about the newer lighter heads generating speed without mass was great. 

pings heavy heads used to be a win. Now it’s looking like outdated “cheat” speed. 

id be curious to see Matt swing the tsi3 with extra weight.  I want a tsi3 now

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 1

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

The TSi3 is money. This is the first Titleist driver I’ve ever owned.  I’ve generally liked the looks of past Titleist models, but never gotten the distance out of them.  This one is different- best looking/feeling/sounding driver this cycle and very long.  I’m playing the TSi3 in 9*, but I almost want to grab a TSi2 in 8* to see if I can hit my spin/launch window in that set up.

Edited by Hookasaurus Rex

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Love to see some comps with a mid 90's swinger with these.

I hit the TSi3 indoors at PGASS w/ the RDX black in 5.5 and was pipping it. 

Great dispersion and overall numbers for me.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

On 1/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, MPAndreassi said:

I’m interested in these three as well. I’ve had brief sessions with TSi3 and the LST. Currently gaming 410 LST. The 425 from the numbers I saw is a bit faster than the 410, but the TSi has another gear still. The 425 was 3-5mph faster for me over my LST, and the TSi was another 2-3 on top of that. The TSi is the only thing I’ve got over 180. Low to mid 170s for mine, mid to high for the 425. 

See the sig, I’ve gamed the 410+ for 2 seasons and just got fit yesterday. TSi3 was the winner for all the reasons above. I really liked the 425LST and it was a solid improvement on the 410 series, but the distance was just effortless with the TSi3 and I also felt like it had another gear in it. Even near the end of the fitting with a tired swing I was putting up amazing numbers versus everything else.

I hate to say goodbye to her, but the G410 and her AD XC will be making their way to the BST once my new girl arrives in the mail.

Edited by GolfChannel
  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

2 hours ago, GolfChannel said:

See the sig, I’ve gamed the 410+ for 2 seasons and just got fit yesterday. TSi3 was the winner for all the reasons above. I really liked the 425LST and it was a solid improvement on the 410 series, but the distance was just effortless with the TSi3 and I also felt like it had another gear in it. Even near the end of the fitting with a tired swing I was putting up amazing numbers versus everything else.

I hate to say goodbye to her, but the G410 and her AD XC will be making their way to the BST once my new girl arrives in the mail.

That’s what I’m hoping to see continue once I can get into a real fitting. I just looks so good and is so fast off the face. I can manage the rest. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, GolfChannel said:

We've had some colder weather this week, and I haven't got out to play so I decided to go and get fit earlier today. TSi3 won out for me. I'm going to experiment around with shafts; weight and length as the winter goes on, but to the launch and spin I want and picked up some ball speed over my G410 LST. I was actually getting really good numbers with the RDX Black, and they had one in stock so that's what I left with. I'm going to be working with a Ventus Black 6x and I have the Black 7x from my LST as an option too. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

13 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

We've had some colder weather this week, and I haven't got out to play so I decided to go and get fit earlier today. TSi3 won out for me. I'm going to experiment around with shafts; weight and length as the winter goes on, but to the launch and spin I want and picked up some ball speed over my G410 LST. I was actually getting really good numbers with the RDX Black, and they had one in stock so that's what I left with. I'm going to be working with a Ventus Black 6x and I have the Black 7x from my LST as an option too. 

I haven’t gotten either of my Pings yet obviously but I have been testing multiple shafts with my TSI3 

raw white 65x 

Ventus black 6x

Smoke RDX Black 60tx

AV Raw White 2.0 65tx

raw white and Ventus are 1,2 for me right now. Very similar from a launch and spin perspective for me. Might find the middle of the Ventus a bit more consistently, but like the feel of the white better 

I have a Raw White 75x coming to see if I can bring launch down a bit and tighten up the dispersion 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I got my Trackman report for my fitting last night. One thing of note I hadn't been shown before, so it probably existed and I was just unaware or not shown it, but the Trackman optimizer where it shows you if the shot was optimized what it should have been versus how you performed on the shot really helped during the fitting.

The TSi3 was tops in the usual numbers:

Ball Speed

Spin

Dispersion

Carry

However, it was also always in the optimal ranges or better than them, but again, if you're a Ping person the 425 LST will serve you well whether coming from the G410 Plus or LST. It wasn't as efficient as the TSi3, but it was damn near close.

The same can be said for the RadSpeed (even though it was the least consistent of the 3).

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

On 1/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, GolfChannel said:

this 100%.

Plus the sound and fell of the TSi3 are simply amazing. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

On 1/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

Hoping to start a thread to only focus on these 3 drivers. 

Currently gaming a TSI3 and it's an incredible mix of distance and forgiveness so far. 

Curious for those who have played two or three, what you feel the main differences are.

I've always loved Ping drivers but to date, I've never found one that is low spin enough for my liking.

From some of the reviews I watched on Youtube it seems the Max and LST spin rates are very very similar. Normally I would only try the LST but I'm thinking the Max might get a test this year.

Would love this to be a thread that includes hard data. Spin rates, launch angles, swing speeds, etc. 

I don't have them side by side but your list is close to mine as well. TSi3 was the front runner but tonight I was able to hit the new Ping 425 max. 

The Titleist TSi3 is hot and I know from data has great MOI. I am on record to say it will be top driver of the year or top 3 for sure. Ball speeds in early testing were better than anything we had. Unbelievable. Still have more heads to look at. MOI seems oddly good as well. Spin is low as well.... seems too good to be true. 

However... I hit the Ping 425 Max 9.0 45.25" D3 w/ Tensei Orange 65 stiff tipped 1/2" today. Looks like a superstar after my session. The misses were better than misses from other heads and the ball speeds and lower spin for the Max is very impressive.  I was killing it and the spin was a surprise. Spun lower than I expected and I loved the feel and sound. I didn't hear anything that would be noticed on the course. Cannon and cant wait to test it against the TSi3.

The stability makes for confidence and the smash/ball speeds are awesome. 

Here is one of my better shots with the Ping Max. My computer froze and the session wasn't saved or I would have added the grouping. That was more impressive due to a lack of odd fliers as we tend to get with less forgiving heads.

IMG_5009.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, easyyy said:

I don't have them side by side but your list is close to mine as well. TSi3 was the front runner but tonight I was able to hit the new Ping 425 max. 

The Titleist TSi3 is hot and I know from data has great MOI. I am on record to say it will be top driver of the year or top 3 for sure. Ball speeds in early testing were better than anything we had. Unbelievable. Still have more heads to look at. MOI seems oddly good as well. Spin is low as well.... seems too good to be true. 

However... I hit the Ping 425 Max 9.0 45.25" D3 w/ Tensei Orange 65 stiff tipped 1/2" today. Looks like a superstar after my session. The misses were better than misses from other heads and the ball speeds and lower spin for the Max is very impressive.  I was killing it and the spin was a surprise. Spun lower than I expected and I loved the feel and sound. I didn't hear anything that would be noticed on the course. Cannon and cant wait to test it against the TSi3.

The stability makes for confidence and the smash/ball speeds are awesome. 

Here is one of my better shots with the Ping Max. My computer froze and the session wasn't saved or I would have added the grouping. That was more impressive due to a lack of odd fliers as we tend to get with less forgiving heads.

IMG_5009.jpeg

When you say top 3. In what sense do you mean. It will not come close in terms of sales. Although it should. It is amazing. I love mine and nothing so far (except the rad speed) has come that close.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 1/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, extrastiff said:

Their point about the newer lighter heads generating speed without mass was great. 

pings heavy heads used to be a win. Now it’s looking like outdated “cheat” speed. 

id be curious to see Matt swing the tsi3 with extra weight.  I want a tsi3 now

Tsi3 for the win.. from what I am seeing, every other driver seems to be giving up a smidge of speed for stability. The TSI3 seems to have found stability and speed.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

18 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

When you say top 3. In what sense do you mean. It will not come close in terms of sales. Although it should. It is amazing. I love mine and nothing so far (except the rad speed) has come that close.

I think the TSi3, The Ping 425 Max (possibly the LS but I have yet to test it) and one other head either TM, Cally or Cobra will be top 3 drivers. SIM IMHGO was the standout last year. I think the TSi3 has a seat on the podium already, Ping 425 Max looks like it could place and I haven't tested enough of the others yet to say much. But I would put money th eTSi3 and this killer 425 Max I have built up. 

17 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Tsi3 for the win.. from what I am seeing, every other driver seems to be giving up a smidge of speed for stability. The TSI3 seems to have found stability and speed.

You got that right. MOI, Lowish spin and crazy ball speeds. Verified.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, easyyy said:

I think the TSi3, The Ping 425 Max (possibly the LS but I have yet to test it) and one other head either TM, Cally or Cobra will be top 3 drivers. SIM IMHGO was the standout last year. I think the TSi3 has a seat on the podium already, Ping 425 Max looks like it could place and I haven't tested enough of the others yet to say much. But I would put money th eTSi3 and this killer 425 Max I have built up. 

You got that right. MOI, Lowish spin and crazy ball speeds. Verified.

First titleist driver in years I have been impressed with..

BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 1/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

I haven’t gotten either of my Pings yet obviously but I have been testing multiple shafts with my TSI3 

raw white 65x 

Ventus black 6x

Smoke RDX Black 60tx

AV Raw White 2.0 65tx

raw white and Ventus are 1,2 for me right now. Very similar from a launch and spin perspective for me. Might find the middle of the Ventus a bit more consistently, but like the feel of the white better 

I have a Raw White 75x coming to see if I can bring launch down a bit and tighten up the dispersion 

Had another session with the TSI3 today

Shafts have come down to the Ventus Black 6x and AV Raw White 65x. I also cut down the RDX black to 44.5” for an experiment. Didn’t work lol 

all in all I just feel a little more comfortable with the Ventus. I still like the feel of the AV White a lot better

Really strong penetrating flights with both.

I got into a really good groove with the Ventus today that just doesn’t seem to be there with the AV White 

srill can’t wait to get the Ping drivers to test! 

4DC3F894-3D4D-44CD-8DEF-5ADDB57B9649.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 4:35 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

Had another session with the TSI3 today

Shafts have come down to the Ventus Black 6x and AV Raw White 65x. I also cut down the RDX black to 44.5” for an experiment. Didn’t work lol 

all in all I just feel a little more comfortable with the Ventus. I still like the feel of the AV White a lot better

Really strong penetrating flights with both.

I got into a really good groove with the Ventus today that just doesn’t seem to be there with the AV White 

srill can’t wait to get the Ping drivers to test! 

4DC3F894-3D4D-44CD-8DEF-5ADDB57B9649.png

Any updates? 

Just now, bjno1300 said:

Any updates? 

Sadly I don’t have the Ping drivers yet

I did hit both at a retail store and I actually spun the max significantly less than the LST 

Hopefully I’ll have them soon 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ping drivers have shipped and are supposed to arrive on Friday!

I've pretty much decided I'm not even going to hit the LST though. I tested both at a local golf store and saw much lower spin with the Max. Definitely going to test the Max. I'm sure the HO in me will end up hitting the LST too haha but I'm trying to convince myself I don't need to and I can just sell it as brand new

Ordered the Ping with the AV Raw Orange 65x

I'll test that shaft as well as my Ventus Black 6x that has a Club Conex adapter

Did some testing today...

Pings we’re just a bit underwhelming honestly. 

They’re so straight and so easy to hit but the spin is just too high for me. 

tested everything with Ventus Black and hit a few Pings with AV Raw Orange 

1E3DFE3C-DEBF-4943-ADFD-6FE7F1FAC493.jpeg