Which player do college coaches prefer?

On 1/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, Abh159 said:

This is 100% accurate. When I was playing we were required at the beginning of each semester to take a copy of our tournament schedule to all of our professors so they knew when we would be out because of golf. If you played in each tournament you would usually end up missing at least 10-15 days of class each semester. 

I had one professor who hated athletes and actually tried to report me for “skipping class”. The athletic department quickly put him in his place and he didn’t say a word to me the rest of the semester 😂

Sounds like some professor couldn’t break 100 and took frustration out of more talented student. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a retired business professor, and have taught golfers at Div. II, Div. III and NAIA schools. Aside from score, considerations would be the golfer's GPA in high school, and whether golf was the onl

This is not necessarily the case in Women's college golf.    My daughter's coach was forced to resign or be fired by her University this year.  Assistant Coach contract was terminated.  The

This is 100% accurate. When I was playing we were required at the beginning of each semester to take a copy of our tournament schedule to all of our professors so they knew when we would be out becaus

On 1/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, Abh159 said:

This is 100% accurate. When I was playing we were required at the beginning of each semester to take a copy of our tournament schedule to all of our professors so they knew when we would be out because of golf. If you played in each tournament you would usually end up missing at least 10-15 days of class each semester. 

I had one professor who hated athletes and actually tried to report me for “skipping class”. The athletic department quickly put him in his place and he didn’t say a word to me the rest of the semester 😂

This is common at every school.  Depending on the University and strength of certain academic programs vs. athletic programs, the Professor can win.  I know at my daughters school they would just switch the players out of the classes of problem professors.